Thread: Box Office Lower then DOTM for 3 reasons

Default Box Office Lower then DOTM for 3 reasons

I believe the box office was lower then DOTM for three reasons

1. People flocked to see DOTM as they though it was Michaels last
    2.The economic impact of the last few years has adjusted movie guests spend. Example to see AOE in Australia in 3D cost $30 on average so if you taking a family of four it adds up to $120 for seeing a movie Plus popcorn, drinks etc.
    3.Over exposure on TV spots and trailers, gone are the days of 1 trailer, 2 max and the anticipation of if you don't go see it you will miss out for months, as dvd and blu ray are released so quickly after cinema release.

Suggestions for next movie

1. Please do a final 2 epic conclusion to your thoughts on the series, take your time do a movie between like Pain and Gain or maybe Bad Boys but finish Transformers., just don't do "Part 1" "Part 2" movie titles that's just a total rip off to sell underrated movies.
    2. shake up the market model, if you did a registered view model online for a premium for example what would happen? I agree you make movies for people to experience in the best technology possible eg the movie cinema, although a lot are so not up-to-date with Digital tech and screen sizes. But what if you did a direct stream 2 days only Premium price showing for say $100 ? that's would be ground breaking and awesome.

Default Re: Box Office Lower then DOTM for 3 reasons

Quote Originally Posted by shadowinvid View Post

1. People flocked to see DOTM as they though it was Michaels last
    2.The economic impact of the last few years has adjusted movie guests spend. Example to see AOE in Australia in 3D cost $30 on average so if you taking a family of four it adds up to $120 for seeing a movie Plus popcorn, drinks etc.
    3.Over exposure on TV spots and trailers, gone are the days of 1 trailer, 2 max and the anticipation of if you don't go see it you will miss out for months, as dvd and blu ray are released so quickly after cinema release.

Suggestions for next movie

1. Please do a final 2 epic conclusion to your thoughts on the series, take your time do a movie between like Pain and Gain or maybe Bad Boys but finish Transformers., just don't do "Part 1" "Part 2" movie titles that's just a total rip off to sell underrated movies.
    2. shake up the market model, if you did a registered view model online for a premium for example what would happen? I agree you make movies for people to experience in the best technology possible eg the movie cinema, although a lot are so not up-to-date with Digital tech and screen sizes. But what if you did a direct stream 2 days only Premium price showing for say $100 ? that's would be ground breaking and awesome.
    how could you possibly be so wrong about everything?

Quote Originally Posted by olymctavish View Post
    how could you possibly be so wrong about everything?
    Explain.... I'd love to debate this

Lower sales doesn't matter, if cost of production is also lower.

It has even yet to be released in some countries.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowinvid View Post
    Wait a minute, by box office being lower, you're obviously talking about USA right? Because worldwide, it is doing phenomenal. So with that being said, why would you be including Australia??

It is only the USA that is doing significantly less when you refer to what DOTM did domestically.

As for worldwide, AOE is going to match and possibly surpass DOTM so I have no idea what you are talking about by "low box office" if you are not talking about USA
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

As darthrage above me says the lower box office only applies to the US. And the answer for the lower number is simple the US market is experiencing a slump. Look at all the other tent poles this year none have made over 260 million this year.

the reason for the slump? Well that's more complicated, but I personally believe too many of these kind of movies are made with mediocre visuals, and based on mediocre franchises and the US market is burned out.

I dont think the us economy has much to do with it because..."Guardians of the Galaxy, has now collected $252 million since opening on Aug. 1, according to movie tracking site Rentrak, making it the summer's biggest box-office hit, surpassing “Transformers: Age of Extinction.”

At least in US market, power of Transformers franchise is quite gone. At the end of the year, Its domestic gross ranking will be No.7 or 8.

Quote Originally Posted by greensmoke View Post
    At least in US market, power of Transformers franchise is quite gone. At the end of the year, Its domestic gross ranking will be No.7 or 8.
    People keep saying this, but if you look at the market this year it's the power of the action movie that has gone. Captain America, Spider Man, none of these films performed the way they would have in years gone by. Transformers of course had the saving grace that it travels extremely well! Still in the current climate I don't think 244 million is a bad showing for a 4th movie in a franchise.

We all have theories of why there's been a decline in the domestic box office, as I stated before I personally think there's been too many mediocre comic book movies with lacklustre visuals in the last few years.

By contrast Guardians has over performed especially for movie released in August.

Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    Still in the current climate I don't think 244 million is a bad showing for a 4th movie in a franchise.

We all have theories of why there's been a decline in the domestic box office, as I stated before I personally think there's been too many mediocre comic book movies with lacklustre visuals in the last few years.
    Of course, $244 million is not bad at all. But not so great neither. I think the reasons of decline are audiences's fatigue about repetitive series and not that favorable word of mouth. One thing is fairly sure. Whoever directs the next movie, he/she can't keep similar formula.

Had these been Transformer 1 sales everyone would have been excited and proclaiming how awesome it did. The problem is now that everyone has super high expectations of what the sales should be because of the franchises success. I think the DVD/Bluray sales will start to tell more of a story. Many wait until the release on DVD/Bluray anyways.

The sales were still very good and nothing really to worry about. But as stated before there could be a number of factors for what they are. However they are nothing to worry about at this point.

pfft. Age of Extinction scored 1,080 miljon, Dark of the Moon 1,123 miljon. AoE still in cinema's.

I really hope Paramount will focus even more on the rest of the world with the movie. It was a smary move to centre the movie in China and use product placement the way they did.
    Would be cool if the next movie would bring the Transformers to Europa (and not some quick shots like in the previous movies).

BTW overseas boxoffice total number hasn't been updated since last month. What the hell? Studio doesn't submit boxoffice update to boxofficemojo?