Thread: Your favourite subtle details

Default Your favourite subtle details

The Walking of Lockdown !

Default Re: Your favourite subtle details

Lockdwon's Lambo details, and the way the water was dropping when he came towards Ratchet. Also, the light of the chopper briefly passing above him.

Crosshairs' googles, how they shun and all with the light.

The helmet on Scorn, I believe, the Triceratops, had this blue line on it that was gorgeous.

A possibly, baby Driller on Lockdown's dump in the Knight Ship, made the same sounds, the tentacles looked way similar.

The details of the Knight Ship were just outstanding, can't wait for the blu-ray and see what's more in there.

The classic transformation sound when Prime gets his makeover, when the Autobot logo appears.

Hound's beard. Nothing in particular, just how detailed and brilliant it was when Cade approached during the Dino charge.

One of my all time favourites is the sound of Lockdown's grenades: That high pitched sort of groaning. Chilling and terryfing.

Same as Link.

But how can a robot have a beard?

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    But how can a robot have a beard?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAlien View Post
    Your favourite subtle details

Not exactly a subtle detail, but - https://twitter.com/welliver_titus/s...98891533189120

Love that scene.

Another great moment for me: the scene of Joshua's "transformation". I love how he looks at the screen that shows the planet and basically says to himself "What am I doing? I'm gonna end up destroying this whole damn thing."

That whole scene is pretty good. Great subtle and intense score by Jablonsky.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Let me see...

1. Galvatron as the Argosy Freightliner lighting up for the first time, when he was activated by KSI to chase the Autobots. I thought wow this truck is so bada$$. I mean it's just a very high-tech looking truck. Miles better than Optimus' new truck mode.

2. Lockdown's Lambo logo split in two on the chest when he's on robot mode. And the way he talks, especially when he said he was counting on "human intelligence" to provide him intel on Prime's whereabouts.

3. Stinger on the highway.

Subtle or not. When OP grabs the sword to pull it from the ground and he transforms his hands/arms. Man that shit made me go bananaz.

Although it's quite a natural sound, I love the echoing sound the cable anchors make that the humans try to cross. Really gives off a sense of the height and distance they have to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
    Subtle or not. When OP grabs the sword to pull it from the ground and he transforms his hands/arms. Man that shit made me go bananaz.
    +1 here

I can come up with so many so I'll go ahead and type some here and there on a regular basis. I reckon many will be from my favorite "Optimus Prime".

Right after Cade has fixed Optimus Prime in the beginning. We get to see Optimus Prime cough and there is dust, it's really fascinating cause in a way it means he is a living creature. I feel like this is the purpose of him coughing because of the "seed plot" and later on at the organisation we see air coming from him too. So I get that what they are trying to say about the robots.

Secondly this comes to my mind. Right after Optimus has set the dinobots free and he is giving a speech going "Either you stand..." he tilts the sword against himself when he says "me". That scene is the right place to use to word "EPIC".

Sentinel's head. This shouldn't have been a subtle detail though.

In Lockdown's ship, the way their guards move, it was so life-like and uncanny it was both awesome and terrifying.

The sound of Cade's Daggegun, when shooting in the Dino charge.

Drift's eyes in closeup looked gorgeous!

Bee's WTF in Stingray's room, the beep of the F word was brilliant

Drift's blades were his helicopter blades.

Hound's cigar kill. Basically that whole Hound sequence.

The hair on Lockdown's wolfes. And whatever Lockdown says in Cybertronian, I think, when he send them out.

And "the legend exists" in Cybertronian. Cullen's delivery was just sooooooo good!

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
    Right after Cade has fixed Optimus Prime in the beginning. We get to see Optimus Prime cough and there is dust, it's really fascinating cause in a way it means he is a living creature. I feel like this is the purpose of him coughing because of the "seed plot" and later on at the organisation we see air coming from him too. So I get that what they are trying to say about the robots.
    There's a great moment on the Nemesis in ROTF where you see condensation come out of Megatron's mouth. I don't think the Transformers breathe, but there must be something there, unless it's just an artistic choice.

I love the way Crosshairs walks. The movements are so human like instead of like a Transformer
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

I have two that come to mind. 1) The G1 transform sound effect as Optimus takes a new Alt mod 2) The G1 Transformers theme used as a ringer for one of the scientists cellphones.3) That robot guard dog that didn't work perfectly reminded me of Q for some reason.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

This can't be my imagination only but I must say I liked the scene where Optimus Prime busts the roof/ground at the beginning when hiding, not only does it remind me of the scene from TF1 where Megatron busts the roof/ground the sound effect is very, very similar in TF4. It's like they put a faint version of Megatron in that scene for Optimus Prime.

Love the Lambo "taillights" on Lockdown's legs when he's on robot mode.

Those red lights really gave out a "Predator timer" feel, just like those red digital wrist watches the Predators love to wear.

Hearing Frank Welker bringing all that character to Galvatron. So much history to that and far more character in just a few seconds than Megs had before. I think that had the biggest impact on me. Really want to hear more OP and Galvatron talking!

There's a panning shot of the KSI factory in China, showing a drone on a flatbed truck. When the truck passes by a support girder, the drone's foot is 'bumped' with a tiny metal-on-metal spark.

the editing out of the guy who was hiding by the wall next to mark whalberg in the blu-ray edition :3
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!

Quote Originally Posted by the_almighty_moo View Post
    the editing out of the guy who was hiding by the wall next to mark whalberg in the blu-ray edition :3
    you got this or you want this to happen? in my 2 versions of the blu ray (3d and steelbook) the guy is still there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    you got this or you want this to happen? in my 2 versions of the blu ray (3d and steelbook) the guy is still there!!!

Actually I think he's a worker who works in the construction yard that the scene takes place in. I don't think he's a crew member
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

I think when it comes to the look and feel of the movies, Bay has them on lock. Each movie gradually better than the first. Although in this last one even I admit the Transformers all looked a bit different. They didn't feel quite as organic. In some scenes they did have an almost FX feel to them which was a slight downgrade. But in other scenes they looked fantastic.

Still glad Bay got his appearance in the movie. And even though it's not subtle, I'm glad to see Galvatron/Megatron wasn't killed this time and got away clean.

The colors and look of a moss on the Dinobots was cool. I liked how they each had a slight tinge of color to them. Kind of like a pearl. And that the Autobot logo was also on them, although many may not have noticed that.

I've come to the conclusion that the writing on the Transformers in their language is kind of like a tattoo. It's symbolic. Much like tattoos on humans are. It may describe a battle they won or a comrade they lost. Or it could just be something inspirational to them.

I know Peter Cullen would like to see the movies not become so dark. I think that change was for the better. But I do agree it's a fine line on how dark they become. That was a more subtle change with AOE too.

I did like the numerous nods he had to the previous series, as well as with each of the characters. Now if we could just tighten up that writing and shorten the movies by about 20 minutes I think we'd be set.

I also liked Drifts line when seeing Grimlock transform, "I thought it was gonna be a giant car!". That was priceless. And Drifts triple changes. I don't think enough really noticed that because they were so infrequent.

Forgot to mention how I liked how it set up the next movies, while still primarily remaining a stand alone movie. A departure from what he's done in the previous 3. Don't think I don't notice those things Mr. Bay!