Thread: Feelin' a little down about the new movie ...

Default Feelin' a little down about the new movie ...

... so I gave an almighty rant on my blog.

http://rpwp.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/t...-tmnt-fan.html

Europe needs some love too
    Life is about finding balance .... especially on a drunken Friday night!

Default Re: Feelin' a little down about the new movie ...

Americans donít usually get to see their movies first nowadays.

We do. I live in Asia and we usually get to see Hollywood movies a few days ahead of their American release dates.

Itís not really a case of discrimination, but these are business decisions. And these are very wise business decisions.

Itís like thisÖ if I were going to release a big budgeted movie Iím going to make sure it generates the highest possible revenue, of course. So I study potential threats like Piracy and how to take counter measures against such threats. I would also determine which parts of the globe have the highest rates of Piracy going on.

Now Asia has the highest rate of Piracy, so what I would do is release my movie first in Asian theaters to ensure that I stay ahead of Piracy. Because if I donít -- say if I released my movie first in America or Europe, then that would give the Pirates time to make bootleg copies of my movie, sell them to the Asian market even before my movie is released in the theaters there.

Actualy most movies come out in most of Europe as same time as they do in America.

Like the UK we (Portugal) will get the turtles in august. But for example, Age of Extinction came out 1 day before it did in the US. And the last Spider man came out here a month before the US. It has all to do with theaters availability. And since here the national movies suck... most theaters don't show them, and also very little European or Asian movies are shown (they don't suck, but there's just not a habit of showing them, it's sad but true, only cine-clubs show them), so we get all the American movies at same time as they do.
    Your bad luck is that your national movies are shown there. Here, we won't get the turtles at the same time as the US because 3D summer movies get extended time in theaters, but in September we catch up with the US again.

ALSO: The US doesn't choose to delay to show movies outside of the US. They're higher income goes from international viewers, each countries distribution companies that buy the commercial rights to show them, decide when to show them.