Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    So speaking of product placement...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...formers-716025
    So I might of mis-read the article but does China have a different version of the movie... or are a lot of their products visible in the end city battle?
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Optimash Prime View Post
    So I might of mis-read the article but does China have a different version of the movie... or are a lot of their products visible in the end city battle?
    It is odd, because I don't remember anything about Shane drinking a Chinese Red Bull.

It is odd, because I don't remember anything about Shane drinking a Chinese Red Bull.
    I don't quite remember what he sat down on the table when he said he was 'legit'.

The only product placement I thought was ridiculous was the Victoria's Secret "bus" that looked more like a giant cardboard box with holes in it.

I just saw it a second time on IMAX. I went to the premiere in NYC and it's very easy to get taken with the crowd as they are cheering and stuff. 3/4 filled theater for a 12pm showing. It's 95 degrees today.

I really don't see the problem with this movie that has been described by some fans and critics.

1. There isn't anything that they don't like that hasn't been seen on the other movies. One liners, plot points, etc.

2. This has more robot character than all the others.

3. This movie is cut slower. Notice reviews aren't complaining about hyperkinetic editing this time around.

4. Too many plots? Try ROTF or DOTM. BTW, DOTM is my least favorite for this reason.

5. Too long? I timed this movie from the minute you see the Paramount logo until the the last shot of OP in space and it's 2:30:06. It's shorter than DOTM. I've got a screenshot if you wish. 3 hrs?

The only one thing that I could've done without is Stanley Tucci's character. ST is a wonderful actor. In my opinion he should've been as ruthless as Attinger minus the humor. Or they could've condensed and merged his character with that of Attingers'.

I liked that that I picked up stuff this 2nd time around that it didn't pick the first time.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

The great Titus Welliver is here to explain a few things about Michael Bay (and "Transformers 4"). It's not just explosions and cool images...

Jump to 6:00 and listen:

"You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Nelson, I couldn't agree more. Even though there was no role call, I feel there was more focus on each bots opinions of staying and helping the humans.

Wish I could of gone to a 12pm movie.
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Quoting Shane. that was awesome but it was insane.
    The film really is insane, and is my favourite of all 4. Music, sounds, effects, characters, plot development, action. I effing loved it!!!

Sure, there were bits I didn't like. I felt the editing at the start a bit "fast-done". I felt it jumped around without really saying much. Another thing I didn't like was the chinese placement things, the cameos and all that, but tha't's just me. The product placement everyone talks about, I actually like it, I feel that the film is sort of more ground to Earth. We see these products every single day, and people using them. The charactes in the film can also use them as regular chaps!

Now, for the bots. Loved every single one of them, even the random Transformium ones that didn't really matter more than cannon fodder. The whole transformium transformation blew me away! Like Nelson said, it's for 3D, and when Galvy did that thing in the highway, I effing loved it!!
    Hound, Drift and all were awesome too, they were more sort of real than the previous cast, with the exception of Prime, Bee, Ironhide and Ratchet. Wish there was more Dinobots, but what was there, was awesome.
    Lockdown, effing love him. Hate him too, the bastard

As for the humans, like them all. Maybe Shane was underdeveloped, but he was cool too. Nice voice too. Cade however, loved the guy. It gave a new fresh air to the human protagonist. I liked Sam sure, but Cade is better. He actually fights!

I really need to see it again. I probably missed a lot of little things around too. My favourite of the 4, and so far, my favourite film of the year.

What happened with the wedding scene that was going on in Hong Kong that we all seen being filmed? Did I not make it into the movie or just in the Chinese version?

That reminds me, what about the scene where Tessa and Bee danced? Saw the IMAX version and i guess it got cut off or something

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    That reminds me, what about the scene where Tessa and Bee danced? Saw the IMAX version and i guess it got cut off or something
    It was shown in some premier showing but not in official theater releases.

me neither. but i do remember him saying that he was sponsored by energy drink company.

I think teresa palmer would have been great as tessa.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I just saw it a second time on IMAX. I went to the premiere in NYC and it's very easy to get taken with the crowd as they are cheering and stuff. 3/4 filled theater for a 12pm showing. It's 95 degrees today.

I really don't see the problem with this movie that has been described by some fans and critics.

1. There isn't anything that they don't like that hasn't been seen on the other movies. One liners, plot points, etc.

3. This movie is cut slower. Notice reviews aren't complaining about hyperkinetic editing this time around.

4. Too many plots? Try ROTF or DOTM. BTW, DOTM is my least favorite for this reason.

5. Too long? I timed this movie from the minute you see the Paramount logo until the the last shot of OP in space and it's 2:30:06. It's shorter than DOTM. I've got a screenshot if you wish. 3 hrs?

The only one thing that I could've done without is Stanley Tucci's character. ST is a wonderful actor. In my opinion he should've been as ruthless as Attinger minus the humor. Or they could've condensed and merged his character with that of Attingers'.

I liked that that I picked up stuff this 2nd time around that it didn't pick the first time.
    I am going to see it a second time next weekend when my parents come into town for the weekend. We have done with the last two movies as well where on our anniversary weekend my wife and I go see the movie, and then take my parents a few weeks after. I like all of your points Nelson, except for the part about Tucci. I think if he had a bit more of a sinister side throughout and then showed remorse at the end it more subtly it would have been better.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

Watched it again the second time last night, but in 2d (the first time i watched it was on imax3d) and surprisingly it was still amazing.

Noticed some things I didn't notice the first time around.

Loved Lockdown and Galvatron. I noticed more things about the latter that i didn't when i watched it the first time.

Lego transformation is growing on me. I didnt hate it the first time around. But i didnt love it either. But now im starting to really love it.

Optimus flying into space just like that still seem really, really odd and unnatural of him. Feels like a Superman scene than a TF scene. Lol

Did anyone else loved the two-headed Shockwave?

3rd time for me last night and can't wait to watch it a 4th time next week
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Quoting Shane. that was awesome but it was insane.
    The film really is insane, and is my favourite of all 4. Music, sounds, effects, characters, plot development, action. I effing loved it!!!

Sure, there were bits I didn't like. I felt the editing at the start a bit "fast-done". I felt it jumped around without really saying much. Another thing I didn't like was the chinese placement things, the cameos and all that, but tha't's just me. The product placement everyone talks about, I actually like it, I feel that the film is sort of more ground to Earth. We see these products every single day, and people using them. The charactes in the film can also use them as regular chaps!

Now, for the bots. Loved every single one of them, even the random Transformium ones that didn't really matter more than cannon fodder. The whole transformium transformation blew me away! Like Nelson said, it's for 3D, and when Galvy did that thing in the highway, I effing loved it!!
    Hound, Drift and all were awesome too, they were more sort of real than the previous cast, with the exception of Prime, Bee, Ironhide and Ratchet. Wish there was more Dinobots, but what was there, was awesome.
    Lockdown, effing love him. Hate him too, the bastard

As for the humans, like them all. Maybe Shane was underdeveloped, but he was cool too. Nice voice too. Cade however, loved the guy. It gave a new fresh air to the human protagonist. I liked Sam sure, but Cade is better. He actually fights!

I really need to see it again. I probably missed a lot of little things around too. My favourite of the 4, and so far, my favourite film of the year.

Me too man, my fave movie of the year with CA 2 and X-Men DOFP as well! i agree with everything you said.

Stanley Tucci and Mark Wahlberg were quite good in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Me too man, my fave movie of the year with CA 2 and X-Men DOFP as well! i agree with everything you said.

Stanley Tucci and Mark Wahlberg were quite good in this movie.
    I think Cade is probably the most believable human ever in the movies, not over the top, just a protective single dad trying to do his best. I like the smart use of Humour this time round as well. I nearly spat my wine out when Hound said "I'm a fat ballerina" during fighting.

The human element felt right for this movie, I really liked the pacing as well, making it more slower building up the tension through the first 40 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowinvid View Post
    I think Cade is probably the most believable human ever in the movies, not over the top, just a protective single dad trying to do his best. I like the smart use of Humour this time round as well. I nearly spat my wine out when Hound said "I'm a fat ballerina" during fighting.

The human element felt right for this movie, I really liked the pacing as well, making it more slower building up the tension through the first 40 minutes.
    Same here, i laughed my ass off when Hound said that.

Loved the signature 'techno' screeching sound of the tires when the cars drift.

Seen the movie three times already. The 4th time will be in 4D on Sunday. Anyone seen a 4D screening of the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Seen the movie three times already. The 4th time will be in 4D on Sunday. Anyone seen a 4D screening of the movie?
    What's different about the 4D version?

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    4D?! As in like those 4D motion rides at Universal Studios and such? They screen actual films in that format?
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

I'm pissed I won't get to see the 3D version!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
    Don't know why they're not showing it here in 3D

Saw it for t he second time, Still hate the legos and wish we had something about Sam.

Overall still love it.

and this time I heard it: "Science fair is over MEATBAGS" <- Drift (aka bender)