Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    It's Yahoo! Their definition of "news" is just clickbait bullshit.
    lol. So true. I usually don't go to Yahoo!'s main page, but that's who I have my email through and I clicked the Yahoo! Home button by mistake and that's the first thing I saw.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

It's Yahoo! Their definition of "news" is just clickbait bullshit.

That's true. And the article in question is actually a blog post by a guy who's not really known as a fan of these movies. His Twitter page speaks for itself. My advice: when you guys encounter a really hateful article about a certain movie the first thing you should do is to see the previous articles by the author. In most cases it's a person with a lot of hatred in his/her heart. In other words, a person you should ignore.

By the way, all of this reminds me of a great comment from Kevin Smith:

"I've been doing this since 93. I'm a veteran of the film biz. And as a veteran - not just some spectator with an opinion - I think I know what's better for me & my career than total strangers whose Google-able history proves they've NEVER had my best interests at heart. So I'm gonna listen to THOSE people?? Nyet. Listening to me, not them, has gotten me THIS far!"
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post

That's actaully pretty funny and it's kind of like kids arguing.

Still, the Paramount folks stick to their guns and personally I trust them. It's not like the movie made $50 million instead of $100 million, and they're trying to hide it. $100 million or $99 million it doesn't matter - the movie still has a better start than "Captain America 2".

Now the question is whether it's gonna be able to reach the $300 million mark or not.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

If this is true, that's just pathetic on Paramount's part.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

I don't see paramount lying about a couple mil. Now if they padded the numbers by 15, 20, 30 mil, I could see someone calling BS but what is it they are saying? Like 2 mil difference? Come on, these others need to grow up and stop being haters.

I think we will get a 5tf movie that is a lot like the 86 movie. New bots will come to Earth, KSI will now be their new base of operations with Cade now working there with Joshua. The Dinobots are still in a China with their Ship in a secluded area out of the way so they basically have their Dinobot island hideout.

And OP will make his way to the Quints planet, do his thing, pick up a few friends like Blurr and Wreck-Gar and come back to Earth in time for the end battle to take on Galvatron and his new Army.

Actually that would be the perfect way for OP to gain the trust and help of the Junkions. Give them that seed and let them use it to make the material they need to rebuild their home.

Whether or not you have seen/read previous Transformers incarnations, you can't help but find it a bit off that Optimus Prime is a rage-filled, vengeful ball of hate who wishes death on his enemies, screaming lines like "I'LL KILL YOU!!!" I can't help but wonder what Peter Cullen was thinking when he had to read those.
    Cullen comented on the new version of this Optimus and he Approved 100%. He stated in the article that his war veteran Brother is, and always has been the inspiration for optimus prime. Very powerful stuff.

And one thing you have to remember is Peter Cullen ISOptimus Prime. He's been the voice since the 80's cartoon and and something tells me that he has more than alittle pull when it comes to his character. If Mr. Cullen was absolutely against how the character was being portrayed then then you can bet your bottom dollar that he would speak up, and people (including Mr. Bay) would listen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transformer View Post
    So everything about the allSpark in Transformers 2007 was complete bullshit? so that didn't create the Transformers?

The dinobots were a complete waste too.
    No, the Alspark gives life to a Transformer. The Transformiuim is what the the transformers are made of. There is a difference.

As far as the dinobot are concerned, I agree. Completely pointless.

Yeah...but I think he should have handled it differently. Was hoping for a more somber Optimus Prime, who, despite all of the rage building up within him, maintained his iconic stoicism. Instead, he's screaming bloody murder. "THEY SLAUGHTERED RATCHET! I'M GOING TO KILL THEM!!!!" Holy shit, dude!
    I can understand where your coming from. But for me, I completely understand the rage. one of the things that pissed me off the most about DOTM was the lack of acknowledgment from prime when Ironhide died. This was one of his soilders. And nothing. So it was nice to hear not nessasarly rage, but emotion for his fallen comrade. optimus had had enough. Like he said to Cade,...
    "How many more of my kind must suffer?"
    He was done. His brothers were being slaughtered. however, he didn't just say screw it. He knew the seed needed to be retrieved. So he made one last stand to make things right. So i would defenatly say he stayed Noble to his character.

Despite my reservations about that, I think that out of all the four movies, Peter Cullen delivered his absolute strongest performance in Age of Extinction. I also really dug his "yeah, I had that problem with Bumblebee" comment. Finally, some freakin' sarcasm from the big guy.
    Agreed. His performance was exellent.

I'm sick of hearing comments like "where you asleep for a certain part?" or "well it's not meant to be a masterpiece!" For the first comment, I want to say to those folks that I was wide awake during the whole movie. It's just that as a human being, my perception of it will be different from yours. For the second comment, I have my own saying: "I don't care."

I think alot of that is because alot of stuff that people claim weren't explained, actually were. (not directing this at you) and if they had payed more attention they would have seen that and the particular part in the movie would made sence. Again, not saying you didn't pay attention, but I found alot of the so called "problems" people have with these movies can be answered within the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness 1 View Post
    My biggest issue with this movie was the editing sucked as scenes just cut with no explanation. Cars and other vehicles were seen in scenes but never expanded on or seen in robot mode. The Sports cars and the Dread SUV.
    What cars were in scenes but never explained? And where did you see the Dread SUV?

The Dinobots looked cool but i felt were really not needed and still felt like they were just shoehorned in. I also feel like OP, Bee and Hound could have taken on the whole enemy army by themselves and been perfectly ok lol.
    agreed. Dinobots felt like a complete after thought. The whole hype since the super bowl trailer and they basicly felt like they were just used to get you interested and sell toys. Almost like a cruel prank.

I have waited a few days since I saw AoE to let it percolate before I posted what I thought of it. Here it goes...

The story was better in this one in my opinion. The whole desperation angle to save the earth was what kept it moving for me. I did see it in Imax 3d - probably won't when I see it again in that format. There were so many things better about this one than the first trilogy.

The characterizations of the robots was great. I loved how angry optimus got when they killed ratchet and then melted him down for metal to build new bots. The interactions between the bots were great. Crosshairs, Hound, Drift and Bee were good bantering back and forth, and I think they did a good job of creating personalities that were fit for each autobot. I think the way they played up Galvatron was good, and it set the story in motion for the next one, if they go that route.

I liked how they kept the events from Chicago in DotM in the story. You almost feel bad for Attinger's loss, and it explains his true hatred for the transformers. I liked how he kept calling the autobots decepticons because that shows that he doesn't care what faction the robots are on, he has an equal hatred for them.

The family dynamic was good with the Jaegers. There was a sense of family in dire times that many Americans can relate too.

Although it was an almost 3 hour long film, it did keep moving. The ebb and flow of the storytelling was paced appropriately.

The dinobots were eh in my opinion. I liked the whole waking up and helping the autobots, but I felt they could have used more time to develop. Of all of the characters, the dinobots disappointment me the most because they were such an integral part of the marketing campaign to help boost toy sales. I do have all of the toys, and while they do look good (the colors are weird on 3 of the 5), I feel that they should have had some dialogue and Grimlock should have interacted with Optimus more than being slapped with his shield to show that he was alpha. There should have been dialogue between dinobot and autobot rider.

The sound effects were great. The mixing was very well done, and I can't wait until the blue ray comes out and I watch it in the intimacy that is my home theater. I would have like the music to be a little more pronounced, but that is what we get the score for I have already bought the EP that was released yesterday, and I will be buying the entire score when it is released.

My only gripe about the moving was some of the scenes were very dark and didn't look as bright on screen as some of the tv spots looked. I know that the movie was meant to be watched in imax 3d, which as I said is what I watched it in. I feel that it would been better if some of the scenes were brighter.

Overall, I think AoE served it's purpose for me. It was entertaining, and it gave me close to three hours of escaping. I will be seeing it again in theater at least one more time before it leaves. I will also be buying the blu-ray when it comes out. Job well done Mr. Bay and crew!
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

The silver Cadillac Cien, Concept Buick, blue Aston Martin and White Ferrari were all inside the KSI building among the other KSI transformer cars. The White Aston Martin was also there. Later in Hong Kong, the white Aston Martin and the orange McLaren were shown driving with Stinger. But never seen again after that. The Dread SUV was seen driving next to Galvatron and Stinger earlier in the movie when they were dispatched to go after the Bots. But then the Dread SUV vanished.

The silver Cadillac Cien, Concept Buick, blue Aston Martin and White Ferrari were all inside the KSI building among the other KSI transformer cars. The White Aston Martin was also there. Later in Hong Kong, the white Aston Martin and the orange McLaren were shown driving with Stinger. But never seen again after that. The Dread SUV was seen driving next to Galvatron and Stinger earlier in the movie when they were dispatched to go after the Bots. But then the Dread SUV vanished.
    You just answered you own question. They were all KIS transformers. I don't see how any explanation was needed but if you remember, they actually were explained. When BB arrived to KIS for scanning in 67' Camaro mode, they explained they wanted elegant vehicles for scanning. Which explains there presence at KIS. They were in the building were KIS was building Tf and a couple of them were even seen Transforming. (when stinger transforms in the building). And when the Austin Martin is driving its assumed that it too is part of the KIS built Transformers and is mearly driving to the fight scene. I don't think there was any reason to show anything more. not every single vehicle shown needs to have an explanation or shown Transforming especially since these were merely vehicons meant to fill time. I don't see any of these being problems.

As for the Dread SUV I've seen the movie twice and I could have sworn it was just a regular police suburban. In fact I'm sure of it because it wasn't lifted like the Dread Suburban. I know they showed one on set, but they could have pulled it out for continuity reasons. And if I'm wrong I still don't see it being a problem as the shot was so short no one but those of us that have been following the movie since last year. And to be honest, that's kind of our fault for watching every little detail.

Alright, time for more nitpicking!

So the KSI robots. How is it that Galvatron and Stinger are able to fire missiles? Don't those need rocket propellant and explosive material to work? I can accept that transformium can imitate complicated machinations, but it's the chemical reactions that come with firing and exploding missiles that isn't explained. Do some of those little "blocks" of transformium carry with them some trace elements of rocket propellant and TNT? (Or whatever they use to make missiles go boom.)

Alright, time for more nitpicking!

So the KSI robots. How is it that Galvatron and Stinger are able to fire missiles? Don't those need rocket propellant and explosive material to work? I can accept that transformium can imitate complicated machinations, but it's the chemical reactions that come with firing and exploding missiles that isn't explained. Do some of those little "blocks" of transformium carry with them some trace elements of rocket propellant and TNT? (Or whatever they use to make missiles go boom.)
    If you wanna go there, you should also be asking how Transformers in general are able to fire any missiles right?. Where is all that rocket propellant kept while in vehicle mode? Where are all their missles kept? Where the hell are Hound's gigantic guns and ammo kept? Its just one of those things that happen that need no explanation.

If you wanna go there, you should also be asking how Transformers in general are able to fire any missiles right?. Where is all that rocket propellant kept while in vehicle mode? Where are all their missles kept? Where the hell are Hound's gigantic guns and ammo kept? Its just one of those things that happen that need no explanation.
    Alright, I'm just going to throw out a crazy fan theory because "f**k it": Tiny space bridges. Somewhere in the universe is a giant stockpile of ammo sitting in a vault, and Sentinel Prime was clever enough to hook up bite-sized space bridges to the clips of every Autobot's gun ever.

Get the f... out of the way! = 获取他妈的闪开!

Congrats to Bay and CO! The haters keep on hating and Bay keeps on winning!

Ok I waited to add my thoughts.... After reading all above and seeing the Movie 2 times, I am ready to weigh in.

I think this is my close second out of the 4 films. I honestly feel that scenes were cut that might of helped explain more of the issues. For example, the hold the bridge from no attackers was annoying but I am hoping a Blue Ray Version has a fight on that bridge.

Things I loved:
    Human Element Works!
    This time around, everyone is connected (whether briefly) through the story and might of even had previous relations. Plus, the father/single parent/ daughter thing will always work

The romance was at the right level. Just enough, not focused on it.

Hound is the man!!! I love discharging the round (cigar) into that d-cons head. I especially love when they are leaving the space ship and Hound just slides off because he is round like winnie the pooh lol

The fights were awesome! Some where cut short but Bee killing those beasts was awesome.

I loved the knights/Dino bots- When Prime wakes them up with that language ( I assume cybertronian ) so cool! He can give a motivational speech in any language!

Cross hairs being voiced by Jake the dog enough said! Bender for you older folks

Most importantly I love how bay didn't kill off the characters. Ya hound got wounded but I actually got to follow these bots around, like them, and watch them survive. Arcee/Jazz come to mind, as bots I liked that didn't even survive a film. In all the original cartoons when someones died it was rare. Survivor ship gives the viewer time to pick their favorite bot and enjoy anytime they had lines or scenes. I think this new approach will allow viewers to have a fav. I also like how the autos had different cultures which will help with international audiences. With this all said; leadfoot and most importantly Ratchets on screen deaths helped sell the darkness of what "Cemetery Wind" was doing. If auto-bots were getting snuffed out every 5 minutes those on screen deaths wouldn't of had such an impact.

Cons:

I dont mind long movies as long as the scenes you leave in are the most important. I wanted to see a bridge battle so bad. Instead we get some alien with a long tongue doing bad things to Tessa. Kinda Dumb Scene.

Lockdown- what a great character! I wish he didnt get killed off ... He wasn't a bigetty biatch like Megs and Star scream are in the movieverse. He actual got things done. His only mistake was not checking to see who was on his ship. He sent his minions instead. Lockdown button mashed instead in his Cockpit lol

Nuetral:

Product Placement: I can understand there was a lot of it in this film.
    However, The beta testing Oreo Vending Machine security bots, the Bud light Truck, and the vici Secret bus were all awesome. Lets not forget Bay came from advertising and was/is (active work with V/S) damn good at it. Being in the after sales/marketing world for work; I kinda of enjoy watching bay movies for the product placements. He also incorporates them well with the character. For example, When they crash the ship on a bud-light truck; Cade just picks up a beer and drinks the foaming bud light aluminum bottle. Yes that product placement; but there is also more to that scene. I have had several clients from Texas; if you don't think after crashing threw a bud light truck and surviving a space ship crash they aren't cracking a cold one you do not know Texans!

Look forward to the next two films! You favorite Potato out! -Optimash Prime
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

I don't know what to think of this movie...

I've seen it last friday. But i'll come back with my response after the 25th july.... or the next monday the 28th.
    Or earlier than the 25th...

It all depends....
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post

I've seen it last friday. But i'll come back with my response after the 25th july.... or the next monday the 28th.

It all depends....
    Well if you've already seen the movie, then why not you just------ ya know what? Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post

It all depends....
    On what?

Well if you've already seen the movie, then why not you just------ ya know what? Nevermind.
    lol like we're eagerly waiting for that review right?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimash Prime View Post
    Get the f... out of the way! = 获取他妈的闪开!

Product Placement: I can understand there was a lot of it in this film.
    However, The beta testing Oreo Vending Machine security bots, the Bud light Truck, and the vici Secret bus were all awesome. Lets not forget Bay came from advertising and was/is (active work with V/S) damn good at it. Being in the after sales/marketing world for work; I kinda of enjoy watching bay movies for the product placements. He also incorporates them well with the character. For example, When they crash the ship on a bud-light truck; Cade just picks up a beer and drinks the foaming bud light aluminum bottle. Yes that product placement; but there is also more to that scene. I have had several clients from Texas; if you don't think after crashing threw a bud light truck and surviving a space ship crash they aren't cracking a cold one you do not know Texans!
    what about stanley tucci scene? he was drinking milk at the rooftop out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Autobot Cruiser View Post
    You just answered you own question. They were all KIS transformers. I don't see how any explanation was needed but if you remember, they actually were explained. When BB arrived to KIS for scanning in 67' Camaro mode, they explained they wanted elegant vehicles for scanning. Which explains there presence at KIS. They were in the building were KIS was building Tf and a couple of them were even seen Transforming. (when stinger transforms in the building). And when the Austin Martin is driving its assumed that it too is part of the KIS built Transformers and is mearly driving to the fight scene. I don't think there was any reason to show anything more. not every single vehicle shown needs to have an explanation or shown Transforming especially since these were merely vehicons meant to fill time. I don't see any of these being problems.

As for the Dread SUV I've seen the movie twice and I could have sworn it was just a regular police suburban. In fact I'm sure of it because it wasn't lifted like the Dread Suburban. I know they showed one on set, but they could have pulled it out for continuity reasons. And if I'm wrong I still don't see it being a problem as the shot was so short no one but those of us that have been following the movie since last year. And to be honest, that's kind of our fault for watching every little detail.
    i meant that I want more explanation on why scenes end the way they do, stuff like why the hell did Crosshairs and the Dinobots stop to hold the bridge? It would have been nice to see something like a fight scene actually happen on the bridge. That to me was just as stupid as out of nowhere in DOTM, the Autobots were captured with no explanation on how it happened. I hate scenes like this. As for the KSI Transformers, I know those cars were meant to be Transformers. But I'm the kind of person that thinks if you can show us the garbage truck transform, let me see the cool cars transform too. Even f just for a second. If I know a car is supposed to be a TF, I want to see it lol.

Can someone smarter than me write out what Optimus said in Cybertronian? I know what it means but I would love to be able to say it. I want to yell it at my siblings and make them think I'm insulting them. Also, I was shocked to hear him speaking it. This is the first time I've heard him speak his native tongue. I liked it. I liked it a lot.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

Untrue. Just studios hatin'.

Quote Originally Posted by glaumoon View Post
    what about stanley tucci scene? he was drinking milk at the rooftop out of the blue.

Haha that is a great easter egg! Bay did work with the "Got Milk" campaign.... Nice find didn't even connect those dots! Time for a third viewing!!!
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

So speaking of product placement...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...formers-716025