Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    TF5 will be a rental for me as long as he's writing.
    Same here. In fact, I would just wait for it to show up on Netflix if it ever does.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Wow, Ehren Kruger just proved himself as one of the worst film writers in the history of worst film writers.
    Wait, he basically said he's writing the type of movie that Bay wants, yet he gets all the blame?

Same here. In fact, I would just wait for it to show up on Netflix if it ever does.
    Right....Until the TF5 Superbowl trailer hits, and your tune changes...

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    Wait, he basically said he's writing the type of movie that Bay wants, yet he gets all the blame?
    Fine. Michael Bay messed up on TF4 as well, but I already had low expectations when I walked into the theater.

Final time I'm going to state this. Everything I have said about TF4 is my own opinion. Not sure why people can't say something they didn't like about the film without having someone else try to prove them wrong. I'm giving my honest non-bias opinion about this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    Right....Until the TF5 Superbowl trailer hits, and your tune changes...
    We'll see about that.

I actually think Ehren Kruger did a better job writing a more entertaining film than Orci and Kurtzman did. At least he seems to at least write the bots better IMO.

So far DOTM and AOE are the more entertaing TF movies and the ones that feel closest to a Transformers cartoon/comic... for me anyways.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gabba View Post
    I actually think Ehren Kruger did a better job writing a more entertaining film than Orci and Kurtzman did. At least he seems to at least write the bots better IMO.

So far DOTM and AOE are the more entertaing TF movies and the ones that feel closest to a Transformers cartoon/comic... for me anyways.
    I agree, but I think Orci and Kurtzman had more of an atmosphere to their writing, if that makes sense. Besides, for the next film, as I wanted for this film, I would rather no writers return and instead have a new writer giving it a go. Why not give the gig to Markus and McFeely? They are already familiar with Bay with Pain & Gain and they've done other blockbusters like Narnia and Marvel.

A new writer would be good and might make TF5 feel more fresh and new.

And I wasn't knocking Orci or Kurtzman and I think I know what you mean by atmosphere. The first movie had this feel that was missing in DOTM and AOE.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

No problem with the writing and/or directing of TF4. Most people complaining about this movie belongs to a specific age group. Only that. Problem identified. And I have observed it.

Most people in my age group on the other hand, including myself, absolutely LOVED the movie.

Fine. Michael Bay messed up on TF4 as well, but I already had low expectations when I walked into the theater.
    See, I was the opposite. My expectations for this movie were way too high. I was hoping this would be the magnum opus of the series. Sadly, it wasn't.

Final time I'm going to state this. Everything I have said about TF4 is my own opinion. Not sure why people can't say something they didn't like about the film without having someone else try to prove them wrong.
    I know, right? I'm sick of hearing comments like "where you asleep for a certain part?" or "well it's not meant to be a masterpiece!" For the first comment, I want to say to those folks that I was wide awake during the whole movie. It's just that as a human being, my perception of it will be different from yours. For the second comment, I have my own saying: "I don't care."

I'm giving my honest non-bias opinion about this movie.
    Right? I did everything I could to make sure I went into the theater without being influenced by other people's opinions. I stayed away from every freakin' entertainment news site for a whole week. My whole "fourth movie syndrome" comment I made in my initial review of the movie is something I have yet to see any movie critic use to describe Age of Extinction. So while some of their criticisms might reflect that of mine, I still like to bring something new to the table.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...nsformers4.htm

Good lord, over $300 million in box office world wide. That was fast!

Better green light TF5 and a release date now then

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    No problem with the writing and/or directing of TF4. Most people complaining about this movie belongs to a specific age group. Only that. Problem identified. And I have observed it.

Most people in my age group on the other hand, including myself, absolutely LOVED the movie.
    I loved the movie too!! Sure it has flaws but for some reason I just loved watching it. Even after the 2nd viewing, i wanna watch it again. I think for me, I like a movie when there are a few moments that are absolutely amazing (autobots meeting, KSI break in, a few dinobots combo attacks) which makes me forget the other flaws. The presentation of the movie IMO was amazing just like the rest of transformer movies.

So this whole "LEGO" transformation thing. I don't mind it as much as a lot of people do. In fact, I thought it was great to see a new ability that was a legitimate threat. For example, the part where Galvatron gets blasted during the highway chase, only for him to reform back to normal. I thought that was a great "oh shit" moment for our heroes.

The problem is, though, is that they treat the threatening aspect of this ability rather inconsistently. For example, Stinger gets decapitated in the end. Why didn't his head just swim back onto his body? Did they forget he was a LEGO-former? Does everything have to be altogether in order to work? Because if the garbage truck is any indication, they can totally separate to make several drones. So there's no reason why they can't just put themselves back together if decapitation occurs.

I understand where you're coming from about fourth movie syndrome, Trailbreaker. I certainly know the disappointment that you feel, I had the same expectations with ROTF, that certainly left me disappointed. After seeing it I wasn't sure if I was speechless because of how exciting it was, or because of how disappointed I was. I've grown to accept the movie for what it is though rather than what I wanted it to be and I still enjoy watching it to this day. I hope the same will come to you for AOE

However I do disagree with you about the fourth movie syndrome, as I said, I do understand where you are coming from. To me though, the movie feels like a natural progression for the series. DOTM did wrap many story threads up but I felt it still left many open (that abrupt ending it had certainly didn't help). To me, AOE has that first chapter excitement, rather than fourth movie syndrome that Pirates 4 had which just made me exhausted only a few minutes in.

The ending to AOE I think is the best way to view it, well for me anyway, that the movies are reflecting a Transformers cartoon. The first few story arcs (TF1/ROTF/DOTM) are about the ageless war between the Autobots and the Decepticons, then eventually the cartoons begin to reach their climax by expanding their universe and going deeper into the "religious backstories" of the Transformers (Primus, Unicron, Quintessons, Galvatron). I really feel that is what's happening here, so to me it feels like a natural progression. Kind of like viewing A New Hope after watching the Star War prequels, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jafs81 View Post
    I don't think Lockdown died too easily, it took Optimus, bumblebee and the humans to defeat him.

But even if it was easier then expected, it didn't bother me because I saw him more as a hunter, not really as a one-on-one warrior. We don't know how he captured the dinobots, but I don't think it was on a fair fight.

I guess we all need to remember that Optimus Prime is not 'just another big(ish) transformer, he's the one and only Optimus Prime, and in this universe, he's special, important, and obviously tougher than your average similarly sized bot?

I dunno, just thinking out loud.

I really think the plot if this one was done a lot better and to see how the knights are now part of the universe and to see them going more into the history of Transformers creation, is a good thing. It was needed IMO. My biggest issue with this movie was the editing sucked as scenes just cut with no explanation. Cars and other vehicles were seen in scenes but never expanded on or seen in robot mode. The Sports cars and the Dread SUV.
    And this movie IMO really was the worst in the robot battle department. None of the battles on this movie really had a lasting impression on me. Where is the Autobot magic wow me introductions like we had in movie 1?

the editing in these movies (all 4) really is bad. And while Bay did give us a better plot that flowed well and better human characters with better transformers characterization, the action IMO was the worst of the 4 movies. The Dinobots looked cool but i felt were really not needed and still felt like they were just shoehorned in. I also feel like OP, Bee and Hound could have taken on the whole enemy army by themselves and been perfectly ok lol.

^ yeah I was just thinking about the Dread spotted on set. But I guess they decided that it just wouldn't fit in, since the old-gen D-cons are supposed to be dead in this one.

Lockdown ripping out Ratchet's spark, and Lockdown leaving the scene were he had turned the human into metal, left lasting impressions on me.

Final time I'm going to state this. Everything I have said about TF4 is my own opinion. Not sure why people can't say something they didn't like about the film without having someone else try to prove them wrong. I'm giving my honest non-bias opinion about this movie.

well. everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
    I gotta say. I do love Bay's movie. and I admire bay as a director.
    when he came to seoul, I stood in the rain for two hours to get his autograph. (which I got)
    but these days, I get this sad feeling, that bay is more of a businessman than a director.
    he is still a kick ass director, but not as good as he was before.
    and it makes me sad to see him cater to chinese market.
    only reason I loved TF4 was because it had great visuals.

obvious ppls were very disappointing.
    I'm sure steven spielberg is forcing michael to be a business man, rather than a director.
    maybe bruckheimer was better partner for michael.
    and I really can't understand why bay keeps hiring ehren kruger. (he is a terrible writer. all he can do is writing toiler jokes)
    I wish I can see the movie like "the rock" and "island" again.
    I really like your work bay. but these days you look like a businessman.

Still think if it was shorter and tighter, it would be better movie. But overall the movie is pretty awesome. Memorable robot characters and elaborately choreographed mayhem impress me. But I don't wanna see another Transformers from Bay. I'm kinda tired.

Good day all!

Transformers AOE was loud, chaotic and humorous and while not loving every minute of it, we walked away satisfied LIKING A LOT OF IT! The Autobot characterizations/personalities were much more in tune with the G1 cartoons. The robot designs were even more visually stunning and definable this turn. I totally bought the idea that a dad would still find time to bicker with his daughter and her boyfriend while caught between 3 factions of fighting alien robots and evil human operatives - THAT'S WHAT DADS DO! Lockdown and his ship was such a standout and strongpoint of the film. Lockdown had so much swag as the ultimate baddie some of us found ourselves rooting for him like we surprisingly did for Bane in TDKR. Why did Lockdown have to die

Welcome new human cast! Walberg up against 30 foot plus robots, really carried his screen presence well - we're excited that he's the new leading man of the franchise. Grammer, Welliver, Tucci and Bing Bing all did their respective roles justice. Looking forward to seeing how Peltz character develops in this series.

I think the international-event-nature and these films only showing every 2-3 years, justifies the length of these movies. The issue with these movie's lengths, is that too many times things happen on screen that pull you right out of the movie.

Congrats to Team Bay thanks for the experience. We're looking forward to the next like everyone else!

-Zyfyre

I am glad I couldn't post comment by using facebook account they be a lot of people saying crap about something if was exceptiable.

I like movie my only problem was I did not get galvatron hole in chest everything else I like about movie im not person who over anaylissi every little detail in movie but if im not sleeping/board in movie first time I see it you have my apporoaval looking forward to number 5 in series will bay dropp out as stated or will he continue, kinda hate to see what bots will look like if bay drops out of projects to make number five

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    I am glad I couldn't post comment by using facebook account they be a lot of people saying crap about something if was exceptiable.

I like movie my only problem was I did not get galvatron hole in chest everything else I like about movie im not person who over anaylissi every little detail in movie but if im not sleeping/board in movie first time I see it you have my apporoaval looking forward to number 5 in series will bay dropp out as stated or will he continue, kinda hate to see what bots will look like if bay drops out of projects to make number five
    He evolved with a hole in the chest because he no longer has a spark there. Hole = Emptiness (if you get the meaning).

Like if you sliced off or ripped off a part of something from somewhere, then that place where that something used to be would naturally be left empty. Leaving a Void.

Also with that he also evolved with demonic horns. Without a transformer heart (Spark) comes complete heartlessness -- a being of pure evil incapable of feelings.

I keep seeing a lot of people talk about making this shorter. I'm sorry but 98% of this movie was completely need, the last 2% of it well was needed for emotional build up or impact. Maybe it did not move the story along but it should be a moment for goose bumps of excitement or human connection.

Also I'm sorry but Tucci breakdown was sooo needed. People should breakdown like that, sure it's funny but it is human nature to bring levity, and that's what his character is doing to himself. In high stress levels it is a common reaction to just lose your shit for a bit, it's not like he expected to be around the seed and these events to happen.

In fact the single thing that bugged me the whole time was in fact Jack's inconstancy but that only seemed to happen on Lockdown's ship. So I kind of wrote it off as early shooting...I mean his reaction to the timer being 10 minutes in his close up was just way over the top and ridiculous. If you wanted to make him a driver and not a fighter then fine but being a BA to then wimpy back to BA is just weird. It would have been better if he could not use the gun well and he just misses everything and to have it shot out of his hands. He can't fight but he can drive just making him freak-out seemed weird. Then again as far as I can tell this actor did not like working with CGI.

Either-way Mr. Bay again a solid 8/10 for any movie, I've seen it twice and going again for sure. Thank you for making a TF film that nails it, one focused on the TF's. I'm going to ride the ride again next week...love it.

Got on Yahoo's home page earlier today and the first main headline that popped up was "Worst Lines in the New Transformers movie".

Really? This is news? Every movie has stupid and bad lines, but it just seems to me that everyone on the internet goes out of their way to diss these movies.

I know, everyone has a right to voice their opinion, it's just seems they make it their life's work to hate on these movies. lol

I agree, some of the lines were bad, but it's just I never see any complimentary articles towards these movies except right before hand, and then after their release, just about the box office take.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gabba View Post
    Got on Yahoo's home page earlier today and the first main headline that popped up was "Worst Lines in the New Transformers movie".

Really? This is news? Every movie has stupid and bad lines, but it just seems to me that everyone on the internet goes out of their way to diss these movies.

I know, everyone has a right to voice their opinion, it's just seems they make it their life's work to hate on these movies. lol

I agree, some of the lines were bad, but it's just I never see any complimentary articles towards these movies except right before hand, and then after their release, just about the box office take.
    It's Yahoo! Their definition of "news" is just clickbait bullshit.