Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

There are some things i didnt quite understand.

1)In the opening scene, who where they and what were they doing to the dinosaurs? this is BEFORE The Fallen and the Primes were on earth , right?

2)What exactly is the seed and what purpose does it serve?

Also, could the creators be the quintessons?

I didn't like it at all. It started off GREAT but the it got way worse after KSI break-in. Action in the third act wasn't even enjoyable.

So with the ending we got, maybe Optimus will show up in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Mike, if you're reading this, it's directed at you:

1 - A bit long, again. Just some human fluff that could have easily been cut and have no effect the story.

2 - IMAX 3D. You weren't shitting us when you said this was the way to see it. I watched it on a crappy small screen Thursday night, then again in IMAX 3D Friday morning. I've never been on such a ride while sitting still. Seriously, I can't come up with enough words to praise the presentation.

3 - Now that I got those out of the way...

THANK YOU

You did it, again, you crazy son-of-a-bitch. I don't know what it is about these movies, but they take this 33 year old man and make him a blubbering 10 year old while watching them. And it's not just the first time, either. I watched one a night building up to Thursday night, and I'm still unequivocally in love with your Transformer films. The ride during production over the last two years created this build up in my brain that no other movie has ever even come close to.

Anyways, thank you so much for what you do. Please, keep it up.

A reminder: you didn't like the movie? Fine. But if you resort to name calling and insults, you'll be banned and your post(s) deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Whether or not you have seen/read previous Transformers incarnations, you can't help but find it a bit off that Optimus Prime is a rage-filled, vengeful ball of hate who wishes death on his enemies, screaming lines like "I'LL KILL YOU!!!" I can't help but wonder what Peter Cullen was thinking when he had to read those.
    With humans trying to kill him even after saved the planet 3 times, I'm guessing he'd had enough. And im sure whatever reservations Cullen had with that line went right out the window as soon as he saw all the zeros on his paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post

My favourite bit was the 20 minute or so sequence on Lockdown's ship. That must have been expensive to produce, but my god that was stunning, the movies continue to bring the cartoons to life, and with that ending with Optimus, I'm excited to see how the next movie will deal with the Quintessons and/or Unicron.
    !
    I actually thought it was funny that the Autobots were able to basically run around that ship with hardly any resistance, AND steal a smaller ship without Lockdown noticing.

WOW !!!!!!! Best of all 4 Transformers movies! Thanks Michael!
    Make Mine Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by The Transformer View Post
    There are some things i didnt quite understand.

1)In the opening scene, who where they and what were they doing to the dinosaurs? this is BEFORE The Fallen and the Primes were on earth , right?

2)What exactly is the seed and what purpose does it serve?

Also, could the creators be the quintessons?
    1 - The makers whoever they are - We will find out
    I suppose it was before the primes came here, because there were modern humans at same time as the primes

2 - They were using Seeds to turn organic matter into "transformium" so that they could create/built transformers. That's how I understood that the seeds work

I suppose they could be the quintessons

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    With humans trying to kill him even after saved the planet 3 times, I'm guessing he'd had enough.
    Yeah...but I think he should have handled it differently. Was hoping for a more somber Optimus Prime, who, despite all of the rage building up within him, maintained his iconic stoicism. Instead, he's screaming bloody murder. "THEY SLAUGHTERED RATCHET! I'M GOING TO KILL THEM!!!!" Holy shit, dude!

And im sure whatever reservations Cullen had with that line went right out the window as soon as he saw all the zeros on his paycheck.
    Well that would be unfortunate if that turned out to be the case.

Despite my reservations about that, I think that out of all the four movies, Peter Cullen delivered his absolute strongest performance in Age of Extinction. I also really dug his "yeah, I had that problem with Bumblebee" comment. Finally, some freakin' sarcasm from the big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    Also, I didnt understand the whole dinobots part. When the humans find the T Rex near the beginning. Is it alive but "frozen"? how did they get there? when the big ships in the beginning are using the seed on earth, does that make the dinosaurs into metal dinosaurs? and does lockdown capture them from earth and put them in his ship? and then the same dinobots are released by optimus?
    It kills them, transforms organic matter (trees, grass, flesh... ) into transformium. That was just a t-rex turned to transformium.
    We don't get a answer to when did lockdown captured the dinobots, or where. But if you're asking if the seeds transformed regular dinosaurs to robots, then the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    What the heck happened to Lockdown's ship after they blew up the magnet thingy? Did the ship go down with it? I seriously don't remember what happened to it after that.
    It was flying over the river at the end. But we don't really know how many of lockdown's crew were still "alive".

I just want to put it on record that I really enjoyed the movie a whole lot. It wasn't the absolute magnum opus of the franchise I was hoping it would be, but it still delivered the goods. It's just that I'm really starting to feel the fatigue right now. Sorry for my initial negativity.

Looking forward to that second viewing in RPX 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide3 View Post
    we were told that transformers was created by the allspark in the 1st movie and then in this movie they said they were created by the "seed" during the dino age
    WRONG!!!
    the seed kills living things and turns their matter into transformium

this is confusing
    in some part of the movie, lockdown was climbing some sort of "oil tank"
    can anyone explain this? i thought it will explain in the movie but was not. what was he doing at that scene?
    SNIPING, he's a hunter, tracks, hides and snipes from afar.

in HK, when Li Bing Bing ask S. tucci to get to the roof and the elevator door just dont close for so long of time and LBB was pose at the elevator door for what? just to wait the bad guys come to her? i don understand
    don't know how elevators work on china, but yeah.. it was too long

I don't think Lockdown died too easily, it took Optimus, bumblebee and the humans to defeat him.

But even if it was easier then expected, it didn't bother me because I saw him more as a hunter, not really as a one-on-one warrior. We don't know how he captured the dinobots, but I don't think it was on a fair fight.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Can't exactly remember how the line went but Joshua said something like:

"Why does Galvatron not look like Optimus Prime? He looks like Megatron!"

Jeez, why not start off by not giving him a similar name?

Loved the movie, but that line was strange.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

I loved the lego transformations. Yeah I prefer proper transformations but for the concept in the movie I thought it was done really well. One of the highlights of the movie was how Bumblebee reacted to the man made transformers. The scene where he meets Stinger was hilarious and I loved his facial reaction to seeing Stinger transform under that bridge, pretty much sums up how we all reacted, very funny.

Also just to mention here, I loved the pacing this movie had, like how I compared it earlier to an old Indiana Jones adventure. For example Dark of the Moon was first half drama, second half action, in this movie it was much more evened out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transformer View Post
    So everything about the allSpark in Transformers 2007 was complete bullshit? so that didn't create the Transformers?

The dinobots were a complete waste too.
    I'm assuming one could think that the Allspark was used as "legend" for those on Cybertron, as the truth about the Creators wasn't told. In that assumption, the Allspark could have also been created by the Creators for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    I loved the lego transformations. Yeah I prefer proper transformations but for the concept in the movie I thought it was done really well. One of the highlights of the movie was how Bumblebee reacted to the man made transformers. The scene where he meets Stinger was hilarious and I loved his facial reaction to seeing Stinger transform under that bridge, pretty much sums up how we all reacted, very funny.

Also just to mention here, I loved the pacing this movie had, like how I compared it earlier to an old Indiana Jones adventure. For example Dark of the Moon was first half drama, second half action, in this movie it was much more evened out.
    Exactly how i feel about lego transformations. I think it made perfect sense to how that sort of transformation considering they were made of transformium.

Also, Bumblebee reacts to Galvatron transforming :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    Exactly how i feel about lego transformations. I think it made perfect sense to how that sort of transformation considering they were made of transformium.

Also, Bumblebee reacts to Galvatron transforming :P
    Um, all transformers are made from "transformium". The difference is the human Transformer's transformations were still unstable as they had no true Spark to stabilize the transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by jafs81 View Post
    It kills them, transforms organic matter (trees, grass, flesh... ) into transformium. That was just a t-rex turned to transformium.
    We don't get a answer to when did lockdown captured the dinobots, or where. But if you're asking if the seeds transformed regular dinosaurs to robots, then the answer is no.
    Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation.

Also, do you think the dinobots had visited Earth before they were captured by Lockdown? Because they were already in their "dinosaur" form when they came out of lockdown's ship. Hopefully this will be explained in the next movies.

In my 2nd viewing I noticed that in some shots CGI was missing. One scene that comes to mind right now is that, when Grimlock is charging at Optimus there are no dinobots in background. But when Optimus has dodged Grimlock's attack we see the remaining dinobots in background.

Also, its funny how the autobots are nowhere to be found when Optimus and Tessa are being captured. I know Stinger was after them but still, that was like 1 against 4 lol.

I think when Optimus changes into new truck and meets the autobots is the best and epic sequence of all 4 movies. The music was epic.

I wish there was a longer and better fight sequence between Optimus and lockdown at the end. I still think the forest battle in TF2 is the best robot fight sequence and TF3 highway chase is the best chase sequence. But i still loved this movie and will be owning the blu ray day 1

Also, I really hope there is more of the movie on the Blu ray home release. Because its obvious a lot was cut. The "hold the line" on the bridge was a great transformation scene
    that went absolutely nowhere. Who were the dinobots and Crosshairs holding the line on the bridge against?

sorry, but that was really bad editing there. What happened to Stinger and the Dread SUV that were dispatched with Galvatron in the chase scene? Galvatron morphs Aaron's Bee who says "what was that?" And then the Galvatron OP fight begins with nothing showing Stinger pulling back, fighting Bee or anything. The Dread SUV was seen on set an obviouly filmed for this scene as it was seen for a whole second and then vanishes. That was a waste lol.

I don't see what the use is of having massive TFs like Devistaror, the Driller and the Dinobots just to be in a film for a few minutes to be flashy. All way under used. The OP Grimlock fight was not worth it at all. To this day, the worst movie of the 4, ROTF still has the best battles scenes. The ROTF forest fight and Egypit battle were still by far IMO, the best fights in any of the movies.

And so many people in the theater were like WTF, we thought the sonic was a TF? I even had the guy next to me ask. "Was I seeing things or did that car just show up without a driver? And now it has a driver?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness 1 View Post
    And so many people in the theater were like WTF, we thought the sonic was a TF? I even had the guy next to me ask. "Was I seeing things or did that car just show up without a driver? And now it has a driver?"
    Yup there was definitely nobody in that car. If this is a mistake, it is unacceptable. If they had decided to not make it a transformer at some point, then they should have replaced this shot.

I'm willing to bet that driverless Sonic shot was probably meant for one of the tie-in Chevy commercials.

Did you guys like steve's score?
    There wasnt a single memorable score.
    TF1s score was all memorable.
    This time, I didnt get any goose flesh..
    Maybe bay need to work with hans zimmer for the tf sequel?
    Tf series need new signature score