Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

I too saw it in Imax. Loved it.
    To be honest, I was bored and distracted for 40minutes. Loved the rest.
    The most distinct difference from previous film is that 4 doenst show us army as a savior.
    The fight is between decepticon and autobot. Before it was autobot with us army vs decepticon.
    There were fewer transformers. I think transformrs is better with small number of robots.

I didnt like tessa and her bf. They were too bland.
    Liked mark though.

And I especially loved the fact that han geng appeared for like 5 seconds.
    I wrote a post about mr bays decision on casting han geng.
    I thought he was cast to attract more chinese audiences.
    And to give him a major role
    just to attract more chinesr would have negative effects on movie.
    Tnaksfully, maybe bay read my post.
    If you dont know who han geng was, he as that guy with a guitar in a sportscar..
    Anyway. Great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z/28 View Post
    Mr Bay, you know how to properly light and shoot cars. Even the F&F films dont come close to the cinematography.
    CTS, Ciel, Escalade, So much eye candy!!
    Yeap. F&F is child's play compared to the way Bay shoots these cars.

The Stinger in pursuit of the autobots produced one of the best car sounds in cinema history! In fact its like you're right there with the car in person! Blew me away! And of course the Lambo was no different.

Planning to go watch this again tonight. Can't wait!

Did everyone else's IMAX screen open up to fill the full screen like Bay is saying on the home page? Cuz mine only opened up maybe about 15 feet. But it didnt fill the full screen. I was really looking forward to that. Really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by glaumoon View Post
    I too saw it in Imax. Loved it.
    To be honest, I was bored and distracted for 40minutes. Loved the rest.
    The most distinct difference from previous film is that 4 doenst show us army as a savior.
    The fight is between decepticon and autobot. Before it was autobot with us army vs decepticon.
    There were fewer transformers. I think transformrs is better with small number of robots.

I didnt like tessa and her bf. They were too bland.
    Liked mark though.

And I especially loved the fact that han geng appeared for like 5 seconds.
    I wrote a post about mr bays decision on casting han geng.
    I thought he was cast to attract more chinese audiences.
    And to give him a major role
    just to attract more chinesr would have negative effects on movie.
    Tnaksfully, maybe bay read my post.
    If you dont know who han geng was, he as that guy with a guitar in a sportscar..
    Anyway. Great movie.
    I thought Tessa's acting and her looks were average.

As for Li Bing Bing, I thought she was perfect when she didn't speak. She had that ferocious look. But when she spoke it took away that ferocity and turned her average.

I didn't even know who Han Geng was supposed to be. Thanks for pointing out that he was the guy with the guitar. At first I thought he was the guy in the elevator with Tucci. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    Did everyone else's IMAX screen open up to fill the full screen like Bay is saying on the home page? Cuz mine only opened up maybe about 15 feet. But it didnt fillthe full screen. I was really looking forward to that. Really disappointed.
    What was the screen ratio?
    Was it 4:3? In that case, in that case it wouldnt fill up the whole screen.
    Wasnt it shot in digital imax cam? That camera has 16:9 ratio only as i know.
    I guess that is why there were blank space?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I thought Tessa's acting and her looks were average.

As for Li Bing Bing, I thought she was perfect when she didn't speak. She had that ferocious look. But when she spoke it took away that ferocity and turned her average.

I didn't even know who Han Geng was supposed to be. Thanks for pointing out that he was the guy with the guitar. At first I thought he was the guy in the elevator with Tucci. LoL

They looked alike. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
    Did everyone else's IMAX screen open up to fill the full screen like Bay is saying on the home page? Cuz mine only opened up maybe about 15 feet. But it didnt fill the full screen. I was really looking forward to that. Really disappointed.

1.90:1 (IMAX version)
    I looked it up on imdb. It is close 16:9.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    You were probably out for the first hour. There where about 2 action scenes. The first hour was far from frantic. I must've clocked it wrong, but this movie was under 2.5 ours without credits. Where is this 3 hour thing coming from?
    Fandango has this movie at 2 hours and 45 minutes. With or without credits, this movie was longer than it needed to be.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Fandango has this movie at 2 hours and 45 minutes. With out without credits, this movie was longer than it needed to be.
    I personally wouldn't mind if it were even longer than that. There was so much action and it was so fun that I thought it was over too soon. Can't get enough of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind if it were even longer than that. There was so much action and it was so fun that I thought it was over too soon. Can't get enough of it!
    If this movie was released 3 or 4 years ago then I would have probably enjoyed it a lot more. But now Bay's action scenes have withered down to recycled material. To me at least.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

I think have Bayformers-fatigue, guys. After four films, I'm officially tired. I'm ready for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    Do you have a link for this?
    Like I said, the sonic shows up with no driver, Shane comments that he's never driven this good before which eludes to that the car may be helping lol. Then the car just vanishes when lockdown drops the grenade by it that kills Lucas.

Here is the article too.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...ilming-180530/

"Bumblebee is an autobot and the Autobots are the good guys," Welburn said. Other Autobots include a corvette stingray and a Chevy sonic. "And because the transformers are global films, we got to use more of our global products like the sonic.

and I too can confirm that the movie cloaked in for me at 165 minutes.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Loved it! Can't wait to see it again, felt very fresh and different. Very little military and no toilet humour, that surprised me. To me, the movie felt a lot like an old Indiana Jones adventure, but also reminded me of a Bourne movie a bit, that sort of techno-thriller, I would even go as far to say that prior to Lockdown capturing Optimus the movie is a thriller. The "chase from hell" concept Michael mentioned I totally get, part of the reason I see it like an old Indy movie.

My favourite bit was the 20 minute or so sequence on Lockdown's ship. That must have been expensive to produce, but my god that was stunning, the movies continue to bring the cartoons to life, and with that ending with Optimus, I'm excited to see how the next movie will deal with the Quintessons and/or Unicron.

In terms of Michael's career, I actually hope he did what he has done here and do a smaller movie and then a Transformers movie. A stylised genre movie (a la Pain & Gain) in 2016 with TF5 in 2017.

Edit: Also, loved the Dinobots too! It was a shame Grimlock didn't speak to Optimus, at least one line, in the valley when there was the fight for dominance. But for giant dinosaurs, the movie did exactly but you would expect. In my opinion, the Dinobots were done justice. The only thing missing was Grimlock's personality, but hell, he didn't really have one to begin with. Thank you for giving us Dinobots!

FWIW, the Transformers films have never been my favorites of Michael's, but of them, TF4 rises to the top of the list.

I really, really enjoyed it and am thoroughly convinced that critics have completely forgotten how to have fun at a movie.

They're so busy looking for "meaning" and post-ironic development that they just can't sit back and go for a ride anymore.

It must really suck to be locked into a mindset where you have to be ultra-pretentious and say, find a comment on climate change on a fight with Autobots in China, which has such a high auto pollution rate, and… you get the idea.

FWIW, my TF list is now:

TF4
    TF
    TF3
    TF2

and my favorite MB film remains Pearl Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Fandango has this movie at 2 hours and 45 minutes. With or without credits, this movie was longer than it needed to be.
    IMHO not by much; they could have cut some of the Autobots fighting with each other scenes but the rest of it didn't feel padded at all to me.

BTW, for reference, I never watched TF as kid, read any comics, had any toys or otherwise have any TF knowledge outside what I've been presented in the films, so I have no preconceptions on how various characters "should" act or what abilities they may have, so perhaps that helps my enjoyment of the films as entertainment more than it does for some.

FWIW, it's the same way for me and the Marvel universe; all I know is what I've seen on-screen.

Saw it last night. I can't say everything that I want to say until I've seen it again to make sure I haven't missed anything, but here's my thoughts on a few things:

Despite being over two hours long the movie didn't seem that way for me, it didn't drag on for me as it had for others here who have seen it. It had great action sequences, The best I've seen in the TF movies. Optimus being pissed and fed up is completely understandable. How many times can you save humanity and get shit on a stick for your troubles before you decide enough is enough? If I saw my friends butchered and carved up for raw materials I'd be extremely pissed off too. Frank Welker as Galvatron. About Freak'n time, they should've had him voicing the character from day 1. There was some dialog I had trouble making out but I think that's just because I went to a locally owned theater and audio might not have been the best. The Humor for the most part worked, I especially though the part where they meet up with the slow old ladies in the hallway while trying to get away really funny. Am I the only one here who was glad the dumb surfer dude died? I'm sure it was meant to be a sad moment, but from the moment he opened his mouth I thought "Please don't let him be in the whole movie". He just got dumber and dumber as time went on. The bad guys pin him to the ground, point guns to his head and as they are getting away from them he still thinks they're going to write him a check for ratting out on Optimus? In my view, that's natural selection.

As far as things I didn't like.

A lot here are disliking the lego transformation. I don't hate it, but I prefer the original transformations as they looked more complex. I can understand why they went that way, for the 3D effect. But since 3D rarely works for me, it was wasted.

Didn't like the design of Galvatron, but I've been saying it all along, and he didn't look any better to me when he was moving about and turning into legos. Maybe some of you liked the design and if so I'm happy that you are happy.

I think there was some size shifting going on because It looked in some scenes that the TFs were bigger than they should've been, I'll have to re- watch it to make sure though.

I missed the dialog between Megatron and Starscream in this one.

I felt there were scenes cut from the movie in order to get it down to a reasonable length, If so they better be included on the DVD or Blu ray.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

BTW. I hated the obvious PPL.
    Stanlry tucci suddenly started drink that milk in carton.
    I think mr bay tried to make it more comical in order to make it look less like a Ppl.
    But seriously. He drank it out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by glaumoon View Post
    BTW. I hated the obvious PPL.
    Stanlry tucci suddenly started drink that milk in carton.
    I think mr bay tried to make it more comical in order to make it look less like a Ppl.
    But seriously. He drank it out of the blue.
    That was milk?
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
    BTW, for reference, I never watched TF as kid, read any comics, had any toys or otherwise have any TF knowledge outside what I've been presented in the films, so I have no preconceptions on how various characters "should" act or what abilities they may have, so perhaps that helps my enjoyment of the films as entertainment more than it does for some.
    Whether or not you have seen/read previous Transformers incarnations, you can't help but find it a bit off that Optimus Prime is a rage-filled, vengeful ball of hate who wishes death on his enemies, screaming lines like "I'LL KILL YOU!!!" I can't help but wonder what Peter Cullen was thinking when he had to read those.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

The critics (as expected) made it clear that they hate this movie. Good for them.

Now it's time to hear from the audience. The people who, when it comes to these movies, matter the most. Well folks, the ordinary people seem to like the movie - they awarded it an "A-" CinemaScore, which suggests word-of-mouth will be just fine (despite what you may have read on the web).

Here's the link to the CinemaScore site - http://www.cinemascore.com/

I'm sure Bay is pleased.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    The critics (as expected) made it clear that they hate this movie. Good for them.

Now it's time to hear from the audience. The people who, when it comes to these movies, matter the most. Well folks, the ordinary people seem to like the movie - they awarded it an "A-" CinemaScore, which suggests word-of-mouth will be just fine (despite what you may have read on the web).

Here's the link to the CinemaScore site - http://www.cinemascore.com/

I'm sure Bay is pleased.
    People are clearly liking it, even the ones on message boards and talkbacks who pretend to hate all things Bay yet are still paying to see these movies. My showing got an ovation at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    People are clearly liking it, even the ones on message boards and talkbacks who pretend to hate all things Bay yet are still paying to see these movies. My showing got an ovation at the end.
    My showing had full theatre applause also ( cant remember the last movie i saw where that happened)

This further proves that critics serve no real purpose. They are like mosquitoes.

This movie has issues but i had fun watching it!

Was supposed to watch it again tonight but the theaters were JAM-PACKED with people buying tickets. I just got home. It's 11PM here now.

Maybe some other day.

So everything about the allSpark in Transformers 2007 was complete bullshit? so that didn't create the Transformers?

The dinobots were a complete waste too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transformer View Post
    So everything about the allSpark in Transformers 2007 was complete bullshit? so that didn't create the Transformers?

The dinobots were a complete waste too.
    No, I believe what's going on is the "creators" created TFs much in the way we see the humans create these new transformers. And they were meant to be servents to the "creators" but the AllSpark have them life in a way the "creators" did not expect and the Transformers turned on them.