Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 406

Thread: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

  1. #51
    Senior Member Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Unicron
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    The machine that sucks up things only sucks metal. It was supposed to suck Prime up. Lockdown started using it out of desperation because looking for Prime again is like looking for a needle in a haystack. And agreed with jafs that Prime shot the machine down thats why it stopped sucking.

  2. #52
    Senior Member swishbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    I really did not like this movie and here's why. (If you guys care for any negative reviews keep reading, otherwise, just stop here)

    I watched this movie in regular 3D. I was planning on seeing it a second time in IMAX but after watching it, I really can't put down $18 to see it again.

    What I liked about the movie:
    -The score by Steve Jablonsky as always
    -The VFX of course

    What I didn't like about the movie:
    -The try-hard humor that wasn't humorous. For example, Stanley Tucci's character near the final battle scene in China. Every line he spoke really had me cringing. TJ Miller's character was also extremely obnoxious and Bay gave him so many unnecessary lines when they were in the chase with Jack Reynor's car. I'm glad he died so I didn't have to hear him talk anymore throughout the rest of the film.
    -Nicola Peltz was the death of me. I predicted before hand that she would probably ruin this movie for me and I was right. All she ever did was scream and yell. Her acting was horrible. The scene where they were trying to get across from the ship to the building took up unnecessary time since she was just arguing with her dad the whole time.
    -The running time. When I first heard about the run time I was pretty excited, but that was only because I didn't know that it would be full of crap dialogue and a choppy story.
    -The movie hypes up the dinobots but they're only in it for about 20 minutes...maybe even less.
    -Optimus b**ch slaps Grimlock and all of a sudden he hails him like a king.
    -I was already anticipating this, but the main villain (I'm gonna say it's Lockdown for this movie cause he actually did more shit than Galvatron) was taken out way too easily. Like ROTF where The Fallen was killed in like 2 minutes as well as Shockwave in DOTM, Bay just makes these villains look tough and badass throughout the whole length of the film, but die in a pinch at the end.
    -Government wants all Transformers, good or bad, to leave Earth because it's safer? But then wants to create their own? Makes no sense. Especially when they were willing to kill Nicola, an innocent girl, simply cause her dad knew about Optimus? Sorry, this plot was so weak.

    I can go on and on about this movie. I know there are many of you who really enjoyed this movie and I can respect your opinion. This is just my 2 cents on it. However, I don't think I'll be first in line for future TF movies. I'd rather have the old cast back than this new one.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

  3. #53
    Member Bravepatriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Who cuts the film? How did they miss the obvious no driver in rally car then all the sudden shane is there?

  4. #54
    Senior Member swishbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bravepatriot View Post
    Who cuts the film? How did they miss the obvious no driver in rally car then all the sudden shane is there?
    lol I noticed that too and why does he come to Tessa's house at just the perfect time?
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

  5. #55
    Senior Member jafs81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Guimarães, Portugal
    Posts
    606

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    -Government wants all Transformers, good or bad, to leave Earth because it's safer? But then wants to create their own? Makes no sense. Especially when they were willing to kill Nicola, an innocent girl, simply cause her dad knew about Optimus? Sorry, this plot was so weak.
    Dude.. this statement explains a lot your review!!!

    IT WASN'T THE GOVERNMENT after the autobots, they didn't know about it. That's very easy to understand if you're paying attention to the movie. It were independent contractors.
    The chief of staff was unaware of autobots being chased and killed until that meeting. And even then, kelsey grammer (dont remember char's name) doesn't confirm.

    The government also didn't know about lockdown until his ship arrived to chicago.

    You really didn't get the story, next time maybe you'll enjoy it more after we explain it to you. (not being sarcastic, really trying to help)

    FYI: Nicola was great! wtf is wrong with your eyes?


    _______________________________________________
    __ALL_HAIL _____BENDERTRON__________________

  6. #56
    Senior Member swishbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by jafs81 View Post
    Dude.. this statement explains a lot your review!!!

    IT WASN'T THE GOVERNMENT after the autobots, they didn't know about it. That's very easy to understand if you're paying attention to the movie. It were independent contractors.
    The chief of staff was unaware of autobots being chased and killed until that meeting. And even then, kelsey grammer (dont remember char's name) doesn't confirm.

    The government also didn't know about lockdown until his ship arrived to chicago.

    You really didn't get the story, next time maybe you'll enjoy it more after we explain it to you. (not being sarcastic, really trying to help)

    FYI: Nicola was great! wtf is wrong with your eyes?
    Yo man, don't get mad cause you read a negative review. Maybe I wasn't paying attention to the movie as closely as you were, but nevertheless, I didn't enjoy it. Just cause I've been a Bay fan for quite some years doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy all his movies. And Nicola Peltz was bad in my opinion, you don't gotta take my statements for anything.

    And how was the government not aware of autobots being killed. Cemetery Wind is part of the CIA is it not?
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

  7. #57
    Senior Member Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Unicron
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    -Optimus b**ch slaps Grimlock and all of a sudden he hails him like a king.
    Because thats how you make yourself understood to savages. Ever wondered why lion tamers carry whips around in the circus? Or why you also use whips when riding horses? Because they need to be conquered to be subservient.

  8. #58
    Senior Member MV95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    And how was the government not aware of autobots being killed. Cemetery Wind is part of the CIA is it not?
    It was all being done illegally. That was actually said straight up by Joshua and Darcy assumed that Ratchet was a Decepticon because the government was only supposed to be hunting down Decepticons. Everything under Attinger's control was very secretive and shady.

  9. #59
    Senior Member swishbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by MV95 View Post
    It was all being done illegally. That was actually said straight up by Joshua and Darcy assumed that Ratchet was a Decepticon because the government was only supposed to be hunting down Decepticons. Everything under Attinger's control was very secretive and shady.
    I didn't catch that part
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

  10. #60
    Senior Member jafs81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Guimarães, Portugal
    Posts
    606

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    swishbig

    this:

    Quote Originally Posted by MV95 View Post
    It was all being done illegally. That was actually said straight up by Joshua and Darcy assumed that Ratchet was a Decepticon because the government was only supposed to be hunting down Decepticons. Everything under Attinger's control was very secretive and shady.
    Also, I actually also didn't like a some things about it, as you can read on my review, it's on the first page of this thread. But the story if you do understand it, is the best so far. It's actually pretty damn good.

    I recommend you watch it again, it worked for me with dark of the moon, second time I enjoyed it much much more. It doesn't seem so long the second time. Or wait for the blu ray. But watch it again.


    _______________________________________________
    __ALL_HAIL _____BENDERTRON__________________

  11. #61
    Senior Member swishbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by jafs81 View Post
    swishbig

    this:



    Also, I actually also didn't like a some things about it, as you can read on my review, it's on the first page of this thread. But the story if you do understand it, is the best so far. It's actually pretty damn good.

    I recommend you watch it again, it worked for me with dark of the moon, second time I enjoyed it much much more. It doesn't seem so long the second time. Or wait for the blu ray. But watch it again.
    Yeah, I'll most likely watch it again on blu ray, however I don't think it will replace my opinion that TF1 is still the best of all 4 with TF3 coming in second.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

  12. #62
    Member Bravepatriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    I might have missed it, but did Prime know where he was going when he blasted off into space?

    They made it look like prime was stabbed in his spark, but obviously it missed it.

    Love Optimus by the way.

  13. #63

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    I was under the impression that the movie will switch to full screen 60% of the time since Bay said the movie was shot with IMAX 3D cameras. The size of the video did increase but it didnt go full screen like it did for TF2. I was disappointed because of that. Also, I wish they had kept the same robotic sound for the Paramount stars in the beginning. But oh well. Overall I liked the movie.

    Some of the problems have already been stated by others so I wont repeat those.

    I really didnt like the fact that they tried to mimic the TF3 highway moment. Where optimus and bumblebee try to catch the humans. It was pretty much same as bumblebee catching sam mid air and transforming.

    Lockdown dies way too easily.

    When optimus gets captured, where are all the autobots? Why did they run away? lol

    I had some expectations since its their 4th try in making a transformers movie. It didnt meet my expectations. However I enjoyed the movie and will watch it again soon and buy blu ray .

  14. #64
    Senior Member swishbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bravepatriot View Post
    I might have missed it, but did Prime know where he was going when he blasted off into space?

    They made it look like prime was stabbed in his spark, but obviously it missed it.

    Love Optimus by the way.
    Not sure how Prime knew where to go to find the creators. He just blasted off lol.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

  15. #65

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Also, I didnt understand the whole dinobots part. When the humans find the T Rex near the beginning. Is it alive but "frozen"? how did they get there? when the big ships in the beginning are using the seed on earth, does that make the dinosaurs into metal dinosaurs? and does lockdown capture them from earth and put them in his ship? and then the same dinobots are released by optimus?

  16. #66
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,120

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    I feel tricked, guys. I was fooled into thinking we would get something truly fresh this time. The new logo, the new human cast, the new Autobots, the new designs. But that was all just a bunch of cosmetic stuff. Things were pretty cool seeing the Autobots getting back into action again around the beginning, but by the third act, it was just the same destruction fest all over again.

    Why are so many people getting worked up over the "LEGO" transformations? This movie had a hell of a lot of more serious problems like pacing. For a nearly three hour long movie, it sure as hell wanted to hurry up and end itself. It was frantic as hell and doesn't ever slow down for a breather. C'mon guys! It's okay to stop and smell the roses every now and then!

    Those dinosaur guys were pretty neat. What was the t-rex guy's name again? And who was that bright green Autobot and that samurai dude?

    Overall, my worst fears have been realized: Age of Extinction has a serious case of something I call "fourth movie syndrome." That being, when a franchise continues beyond the trilogy despite the third movie pretty much wrapping things up, and not really offering anything new and fresh to the table despite appearances. You know, like Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

    I gotta see this again next week, since the tickets are already bought. So yeah, let's see if a second viewing will change my perception.

    This movie taught me a valuable lesson. Never again will I be super-hyped for a big movie, because it seems like all I'm doing is setting myself up for disappointment.

  17. #67
    Senior Member TIMtationX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2,147

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I feel tricked, guys. I was fooled into thinking we would get something truly fresh this time. The new logo, the new human cast, the new Autobots, the new designs. But that was all just a bunch of cosmetic stuff. Things were pretty cool seeing the Autobots getting back into action again around the beginning, but by the third act, it was just the same destruction fest all over again.
    .
    Truly fresh? That won't happen until the series is inevitably rebooted by a new director.

  18. #68
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    This movie had a hell of a lot of more serious problems like pacing. For a nearly three hour long movie, it sure as hell wanted to hurry up and end itself. It was frantic as hell and doesn't ever slow down for a breather. C'mon guys! It's okay to stop and smell the roses every now and then!
    You were probably out for the first hour. There where about 2 action scenes. The first hour was far from frantic. I must've clocked it wrong, but this movie was under 2.5 ours without credits. Where is this 3 hour thing coming from?

  19. #69
    Administrator nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness 1 View Post
    Yeah, I'm still convinced it was intended to be a TF but for whatever reason, Bay cut it GM also confirmed it was going to be a TF. And Shane's remark when driving it about how he doesn't know how he's driving this good, really eludes to it driving itself but Shane thought he was driving. I wish Bay would come on and comment about why he decided to not make it a TF. And I really though it would have made the movie even more bad ass if it was a TF and some of the government vehicles were some of lockdowns henchmen in vehicle form and the Sonic could have fought a few of them before being captured and taken by lockdown. here is the quote from the GM article that was released. Here is just a couple sentences word for word. "Bumblebee is an autobot and the Autobots are the good guys," Welburn said. Other Autobots include a corvette stingray and a Chevy sonic. "And because the transformers are global films, we got to use more of our global products like the sonic.
    Do you have a link for this?

  20. #70
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,120

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    What the heck happened to Lockdown's ship after they blew up the magnet thingy? Did the ship go down with it? I seriously don't remember what happened to it after that.

  21. #71
    Senior Member Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Unicron
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    It was so cool when Prime called out to Grimlock in Cybertronian language.

  22. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    What the heck happened to Lockdown's ship after they blew up the magnet thingy? Did the ship go down with it? I seriously don't remember what happened to it after that.
    The two headed Shockwave pointed towards it and then Prime set off Lockdown's grenade and then it's seen in the background when Prime lands with Cade, Tessa and Shane.

    So either the humans now have it or maybe Galvatron took it. ????
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

  23. #73
    Senior Member TIMtationX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    2,147

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    You were probably out for the first hour. There where about 2 action scenes. The first hour was far from frantic. I must've clocked it wrong, but this movie was under 2.5 ours without credits. Where is this 3 hour thing coming from?
    My showing started at 9pm last night. Had 3 trailers. When we got up to leave, it was 11:47.

  24. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    we were told that transformers was created by the allspark in the 1st movie and then in this movie they said they were created by the "seed" during the dino age
    this is confusing
    in some part of the movie, lockdown was climbing some sort of "oil tank"
    can anyone explain this? i thought it will explain in the movie but was not. what was he doing at that scene?
    in HK, when Li Bing Bing ask S. tucci to get to the roof and the elevator door just dont close for so long of time and LBB was pose at the elevator door for what? just to wait the bad guys come to her? i don understand
    in the slowmo part with bee and OP, when they hit the truck was that michael bay himself in the truck driver seat?
    will post more question after i get them or after i watch it again

  25. #75
    Senior Member Z/28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

    Thank you for the variety in cars too. The first chase scene in the corn was amazing! The rally Sonic was incredible, and of course I always love the rally fighters. That must of been a blast to film.
    Veyron, Aventador, and the sounds from that Pagani were ridiculous! One of my favorite things about IMax is the sound quality. And I have always noticed that you take great care in conveying the sounds of these amazing machines to the audience.
    Im a GM man first, loved Bee as the first gen Camaro, and facelifted fifth gen too! Stingray was amazing, love the green!! And I wonder how many people recognized Ed Welburn im there.
    Mr Bay, you know how to properly light and shoot cars. Even the F&F films dont come close to the cinematography.
    CTS, Ciel, Escalade, So much eye candy!!
    "Drivers dont pick the cars. Cars pick the drivers"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •