Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617

Thread: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Quote Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
    And what would the best picture of the year be then? The overhyped childish lame mess that is Guardians Of The Galaxy, perhaps? Because Disney sold it as something for very smart people,uh?

And no, each new Transformers movie is not like the previous ones. The best plot idea was that of Transformers3 but it had the worst execution overall, the movie was just plain boring and seriously flawed everywhere.

What Transformers movies do need is to go darker, a lot darker. Hasbro doesn't want to make the movies too dark in fear of having parents complaining and avoiding bringing the kids watching but even the original G1 series had some pretty dark episodes for the time and those were the best ones, with a more adult tone.

The movies so far slowly got darker here and there but there still is a lot of room for improvement.
    I highly disagree, the differences are very few. The fight scenes are all exhausting and dull now. Hour long battle in each film at the end. You have unrealistic characters in every single one. Whether it be Sam's parents, the defense guy in RoTF, Sam's boss and co workers for DoTM and Cade overall because dad's are not that insane over rules. Everyone is blown out of the extreme. Everything looks style wise the exact same, bright super high contract scenes. And there is a government organization in every single one trying to stop the transformers. Every... single... one.

Darker, not so much. They have potty mouths, they say fuck, and the fights are brutal. Dark isn't whats needed, what they need is to take things seriously and not have unnecessary plots, silly characters, and odd things like models speaking at the same time when Stanly Tucci walks into a building. The tone needs to go down several notches. No more governments interfering, just good ole autobots and decepticons interacting together in a movie. 5-6 per team, decepticons plotting against the autobots, them actually talking to one another and having banter (mature banter) during fights, a proper rivalry. simple is key.
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

I'm sure Bay is pleased with that MPAA survey:

"Transformers: Age of Extinction” drew the most diverse audience of any of last year’s top films."

The whole story - http://www.thewrap.com/what-hit-movi...e-the-whitest/
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by almostthethird15 View Post
    Dark isn't whats needed, what they need is to take things seriously and not have unnecessary plots, silly characters, and odd things like models speaking at the same time when Stanly Tucci walks into a building. The tone needs to go down several notches. No more governments interfering, just good ole autobots and decepticons interacting together in a movie. 5-6 per team, decepticons plotting against the autobots, them actually talking to one another and having banter (mature banter) during fights, a proper rivalry. simple is key.
    Yes. This is exactly what transformers needs. We've never seen them talk to each other directly except maybe like 2-3 lines between OP and Main villain of each movie. But even then its too short. I would expect more in a 2.5 hours transformer movie. I love the fact that they added more interaction between the autobots in AOE. They need to add same interaction between decepticons and between autobots and decepticons.

Even if they dont do it, I will most likely still always love transformers because I love cars, robots and visual effects. But yes it can be way better IMO.

There are things that just can't happen. You cannot have a much more robot screen time without the budget skyrocketing or lowering the effects quality. And no one in any studio would allow any of those things to happen.

In my opinion the basic improvement the series could have is just stop having things happening for no reason and a writer who properly ties things. And getting rid of unnecessary characters. AoE would have perfectly worked with only Marky Mark and Stanley Tucci as important human characters, maybe the daughter. But the boyfriend was completely unnecessary. Did almost nothing in the whole movie except being annoying.

Also some times people should shut up and stop delivering one liners. I love John Goodman, but the Dinobots Charge sequence would be better without half of his lines. It's a great sequence, with a great mood which is ruined by some of his over the top lines.

Also a bit more consistency in Optimus Prime would be welcome. The same guy who screams "I'll KILL YOU!!" and backstabs the bad guy should not just stand up and say "Honor... to the end". Because it sounds really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    There are things that just can't happen. You cannot have a much more robot screen time without the budget skyrocketing or lowering the effects quality. And no one in any studio would allow any of those things to happen.

In my opinion the basic improvement the series could have is just stop having things happening for no reason and a writer who properly ties things. And getting rid of unnecessary characters. AoE would have perfectly worked with only Marky Mark and Stanley Tucci as important human characters, maybe the daughter. But the boyfriend was completely unnecessary. Did almost nothing in the whole movie except being annoying.

Also some times people should shut up and stop delivering one liners. I love John Goodman, but the Dinobots Charge sequence would be better without half of his lines. It's a great sequence, with a great mood which is ruined by some of his over the top lines.

Also a bit more consistency in Optimus Prime would be welcome. The same guy who screams "I'll KILL YOU!!" and backstabs the bad guy should not just stand up and say "Honor... to the end". Because it sounds really funny.

also would be nice if continuity was respected between movies. where was the stealth mode in AoE? i think it would have been quite important in the highway fight with Galvatron and Stinger. And where did OP's Trailer go? these things can't just be gimmicks to sell toys. they need to respect continuity so we respect the movie more.

Quote Originally Posted by CesarCardoso View Post
    also would be nice if continuity was respected between movies. where was the stealth mode in AoE? i think it would have been quite important in the highway fight with Galvatron and Stinger. And where did OP's Trailer go? these things can't just be gimmicks to sell toys. they need to respect continuity so we respect the movie more.
    I think that the 'Stealth Force' weaponised modes weren't used because the emphasis was on getting away from KSI, rather than fighting, and to be honest, the weapons might have only had limited effectiveness anyway, since Bumblebee shoots Galvatron only for him to disassemble to avoid the missiles. Also, Optimus had escaped a major battle in Mexico City with significant damage prior to ending up in Texas, so it wouldn't be surprising if he had to abandon his trailer to get away.