Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Cool Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

This is heavy metal dude! i love it

fast and furious optimus prime hheehe

details are so good, and killing human characters thats what im talking about.

http://ink361.com/app/photo/ig-74032...186_1354085832 old ladies

and the bumblebee is perfect.

just i dont like robot face like a human face. this is not cartoon. so i dont like lockdown type

Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

So I caught it in RPX 3D today and I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more. My initial criticisms still stand, but the crowd in this theater was a lot more fun (cheering, clapping, etc.) and their energy was infectious.

Oh, and RPX's sound system is OUTSTANDING. I don't think it was ATMOS, but it really shook the house! Especially during the magnet scene.

You know what really shocked me? Lucas' death. I like TJ Miller since Cloverfield and How To Train Your Dragon. When I knew he was gonna be in TF4, I really digged the idea.

Acd I liked Lucas, good friend and all. And then he died like that and I really did not expect it, especially how he ended up covered in what I assume was raw Transformium. I did froze up a bit when it happened.

I do thank Bay for killing him, it's one of the reasons why I loved/hated Lockdown

@ jafs
    2D is still real good.

@ Link
    I thought he resembled guitarist Brian Welch.

Remember when Lockdown kills Lucas and transforms and drives of behind him? that moment was fucking spectacular. Epic cinematography

It's epic when the guy with the joysticks in the control center who thought he was controlling Galvatron was going like "Misfire, misfire!"
    And they were all like "Why's this thing firing shots at Prime even when we're not pressing anything here??"

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Acd I liked Lucas, good friend and all. And then he died like that and I really did not expect it, especially how he ended up covered in what I assume was raw Transformium. I did froze up a bit when it happened.

I do thank Bay for killing him, it's one of the reasons why I loved/hated Lockdown
    he was incinerated I think, like the population of pompey. I don't think it was transformium.

But only bay can confirm

Just came back after second viewing.
    I noticed a lot of things I didnt notice before.
    Much as I loved the movie, there were some parts that Ididnt like.
    Firstly. The whole china thing is stupid. Scene with Dinobots in that valley was awesome.tho.
    Well... i cant help thinking that this china bit was a bad idea.
    I read an article claiming tf 4 is doing very well in china.
    Well. Good for you mr bay.
    But what about the rest of the world?
    I mean... story is bad... the only reason this movie is doing well is because you are visually gifted.
    Please. Michael. Do you really think tf 4 story was written to make a good movie? Or to do good in china box ooffice?
    I honestly think the reason was latter...
    And that will drive away other countries audinces.
    Why did ksi have to go to china?
    And all those ppl...
    Tucci drinking milk in a carton with a manufacturers logo clearly visivle.
    Showing that hotels logo longer that it was needed.
    China officials saying they will defend hong kong (did china force you to do this? They are clearly trying to make sure the rest of the world to know hong kong as part of china)
    Why did you even show chinese general saying he will defend hong kong?
    And why did they send chinese airforce? They did nothing!
    And why was han geng casted?

I am sure im not the only one who noticed those ppls and useless china goverment s@@@.

And what would they think?
    They will think you are choosing more china money over the movie itself.
    In korea. People are bashing your movie because you compromised the integrity of the movie in order to cater to chinese government needs.
    We all snorted when han geng appeared for five seconds...

I know you will think im being arrogant.. forgive me. But even fans have to be brutally honest.

And this movie didnt have to be this long.
    Lockdowns spaceship part was way too long...
    Again. I really liked tf 4. Doesnt mean there werent parts that i hated.
    And to see you catering to chinese money and maeket is just.... sad...

Quote Originally Posted by jafs81 View Post
    I'm pissed I won't get to see the 3D version!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
    Don't know why they're not showing it here in 3D

Saw it for t he second time, Still hate the legos and wish we had something about Sam.

Overall still love it.

and this time I heard it: "Science fair is over MEATBAGS" <- Drift (aka bender)

It wasn't Drift who said it. It was Crosshairs.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

I suppose my personal favorite scene is when Bee kicks over Stinger in the KSI scanning room, since I'm in it; I was the KSI scientist on the right (holding the tablet, behind the girl in the grey skirt) that walked out, tapped the other scientist on the shoulder and pointed at Stinger on the floor right before Ed Welburn said "My office, in 15 minutes...".

Aside from that, I thought Tucci was great in this, and was surprised that I liked T.J. Miller in it (I thought he was going to be out of place, but he was actually pretty funny). Grammer was perfect as Attinger, and Bachman was hilarious as Wembley.

My favorite element of the movie was Lockdown; he was fantastic. I loved his total disinterest in the various plights (humans, Autobots/Decepticions/KSI), and he looked incredible. He was my wife's favorite element as well. The visuals were incredible; trademark Bay. The sound editing was equally incredible, as was the score. I'll leave out the negative, as it's mostly been said.

Quote Originally Posted by glaumoon View Post
    Just came back after second viewing.
    I noticed a lot of things I didnt notice before.
    Much as I loved the movie, there were some parts that Ididnt like.
    Firstly. The whole china thing is stupid. Scene with Dinobots in that valley was awesome.tho.
    Well... i cant help thinking that this china bit was a bad idea.
    I read an article claiming tf 4 is doing very well in china.
    Well. Good for you mr bay.
    But what about the rest of the world?
    I mean... story is bad... the only reason this movie is doing well is because you are visually gifted.
    Please. Michael. Do you really think tf 4 story was written to make a good movie? Or to do good in china box ooffice?
    I honestly think the reason was latter...
    And that will drive away other countries audinces.
    Why did ksi have to go to china?
    And all those ppl...
    Tucci drinking milk in a carton with a manufacturers logo clearly visivle.
    Showing that hotels logo longer that it was needed.
    China officials saying they will defend hong kong (did china force you to do this? They are clearly trying to make sure the rest of the world to know hong kong as part of china)
    Why did you even show chinese general saying he will defend hong kong?
    And why did they send chinese airforce? They did nothing!
    And why was han geng casted?

I am sure im not the only one who noticed those ppls and useless china goverment s@@@.

And what would they think?
    They will think you are choosing more china money over the movie itself.
    In korea. People are bashing your movie because you compromised the integrity of the movie in order to cater to chinese government needs.
    We all snorted when han geng appeared for five seconds...

I don't see the problem with the movie being half done in China/Hong Kong. Why would it drive away other countries audiences? If it was entirely shot in the United States, by your logic, the movie should drive away all other countries from seeing it.

KSI went to China because the Autobots destroyed their factory in the States. I noticed that, and I only saw the movie once. Tucci said they were moving production to China, and I assumed because the Autobots attacked his factory, so he wanted to get away from them and since they destroyed part of his factory he needed a new factory and had one in China.

Him drinking the milk didn't bother me, it's no different than Mark's character opening that Bud Light and drinking it. Dang, he's catering to American beer drinkers! I know the next argument is about product placement, but I actually am taken out of the scene when I see a character holding say a Coca Cola can and part of the name is taped off, or some other word put over it. That actually takes me out of the movie/tv show. We live with these products everyday, and I guess when someone walks into my house, I'm throwing product placement at them?
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Just FYI: The score is live!!!! https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/tr...on/id896006953

Steve is still pushing for a CD release too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gabba View Post
    I don't see the problem with the movie being half done in China/Hong Kong. Why would it drive away other countries audiences? If it was entirely shot in the United States, by your logic, the movie should drive away all other countries from seeing it.

KSI went to China because the Autobots destroyed their factory in the States. I noticed that, and I only saw the movie once. Tucci said they were moving production to China, and I assumed because the Autobots attacked his factory, so he wanted to get away from them and since they destroyed part of his factory he needed a new factory and had one in China.

Him drinking the milk didn't bother me, it's no different than Mark's character opening that Bud Light and drinking it. Dang, he's catering to American beer drinkers! I know the next argument is about product placement, but I actually am taken out of the scene when I see a character holding say a Coca Cola can and part of the name is taped off, or some other word put over it. That actually takes me out of the movie/tv show. We live with these products everyday, and I guess when someone walks into my house, I'm throwing product placement at them?
    He does have a point though. Bay & Co literally skewed the story so that the third act would take place in China. Having Han Geng in the film was only to draw Chinese audiences when it was completely unnecessary. Holding the world premiere in China? To promote the film big time and tell China "Hey guess what?! There are tons of Chinese elements in this film so give us your money and go watch it!!" However, I don't necessarily blame Michael Bay for all this. More on Paramount. Not saying having a big portion of the film set in China is bad. It isn't. But the way Bay delivered it was obvious as to why it was truly shot in China...and it was messy. Paramount knew exactly how to bring in the foreign box office, and they did just that.

However, I'm always glad when films have diversity in their locations.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    You know what really shocked me? Lucas' death. I like TJ Miller since Cloverfield and How To Train Your Dragon. When I knew he was gonna be in TF4, I really digged the idea.

I hated that character. He acted too much like an airhead. If I'd been in the car when he said "Are they still going to write us a check?" I would've bitched slapped him. They were pointing a gun at your head not two minutes ago, they're shooting at you now, and you're wondering if they are still going to give you a reward? Seriously?

I didn't expect him to be converted into Transformium, but I didn't miss the character.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    I hated that character. He acted too much like an airhead. If I'd been in the car when he said "Are they still going to write us a check?" I would've bitched slapped him. They were pointing a gun at your head not two minutes ago, they're shooting at you now, and you're wondering if they are still going to give you a reward? Seriously?

I didn't expect him to be converted into Transformium, but I didn't miss the character.
    What really pissed me off was his excessive use of the word "scary". "Those guys look scary", "What cars are those? They look scary!", "Guys, the scary cars are back!"...like dude STFU!
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    He does have a point though. Bay & Co literally skewed the story so that the third act would take place in China. Having Han Geng in the film was only to draw Chinese audiences when it was completely unnecessary. Holding the world premiere in China? To promote the film big time and tell China "Hey guess what?! There are tons of Chinese elements in this film so give us your money and go watch it!!" However, I don't necessarily blame Michael Bay for all this. More on Paramount. Not saying having a big portion of the film set in China is bad. It isn't. But the way Bay delivered it was obvious as to why it was truly shot in China...and it was messy. Paramount knew exactly how to bring in the foreign box office, and they did just that.

However, I'm always glad when films have diversity in their locations.
    I guess I don't see why moving the third act to China makes it messy. The movie gave reason, a very plausible one at that, as a lot of companies have manufacturing plants in China.

The only thing messy that I can think of was the final battle with Bee and Hound vs. the Genericons.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    What's different about the 4D version?
    Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    4D?! As in like those 4D motion rides at Universal Studios and such? They screen actual films in that format?
    Every action movie here has a 4D screening as well. I thought this is common in other countries too. It's a shame I still haven't tried it. Here's the description of the 4D screening taken from the local cinema's page:

4DX™ is the most immersive cinema experience playing Hollywood blockbuster films with 4D effects. It is another step in enhancing the stimulation of the human senses further to draw you into the movie.

4DX™ theaters are equipped with high-technology motion seats that move in perfect sync with on-screen action. The realistic sophisticated motion is designed by fully trained CJ 4DPLEX’ motion programmers which sets 4DX™ apart from the unrefined and turbulent motions you may experience elsewhere.

But the fun doesn’t stop there. You will be able to experience special effects such as wind, fog, lightning, and scents that enhance what you see on the screen. 4DX™ enables you to connect with the movie, sending you on a journey with the characters, and ultimately freeing yourself from the flat screen. Movie going is no longer just a simple viewing, but an all-encompassing experience. Don’t just watch the movie; be in it. Make it your experience.
    I'm seeing the movie in 4D on Monday or Tuesday. I'll share what it was like. Probably I'll end up with a headache.

Anyone else like the small touch they had when Cade and Optimus were talking about the younger ones of the group? It was almost like they were sharing a father moment. I thought that was very telling about the relationship between Optimus and Bumblebee. Like he was a father figure to him and Bumblebee still rebelled in a way. I just loved it.

If the human-made Transformers could become anything, couldn't they become humans? I mean, pretenders would be a cool addition to the movies. Alice might have been one but she wasn't around long enough to make an impact. If KSI made some improvements maybe they could have pretenders that weren't hell bent on killing the humans.
    They call me Ratchet Girl for a reasonl.
    Yeah, I'm a girl...SO FREAKING WHAT????
    I will always love Ratchet. Don't even try to take my title.

My favorite part/line:

Dinobots transform into Dino mode.

Crosshairs or Drift (couldn't tell): "I thought they were going to transform into giant cars."

I loved that part. Nice dig on the Autobots and Transformers in general.

I always admire ILM vfx.
    VFX in TF4 looked great as well. But sometimes bots looked looked too glossy.
    I think lighting department should tone down a little.
    They looked too glossy at ksi chicago headquarter.

I really don't get the people who dislike the China and product placements.

From the get go this was an American - Chinese venture. We all knew that. This is a global movie. And get use to to it. China and Indian have both bigger populations than the US and they're flocking to the theaters to see them.

Chinese milk placement? Ken Jeong's character was sipping the same brand of milk in the elevator in DOTM.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I really don't get the people who dislike the China and product placements.

From the get go this was an American - Chinese venture. We all knew that. This is a global movie. And get use to to it. China and Indian have both bigger populations than the US and they're flocking to the theaters to see them.

Chinese milk placement? Ken Jeong's character was sipping the same brand of milk in the elevator in DOTM.
    I don't think it was a problem as much as if felt the placement of some products were thrown in, just for the same of being thrown in.

In DOTM when Ken Jeong's character was sipping on his Chinese milk in the elevator, it was easy to imagine that he working for Accureta Systems, probably had connections and could get it sent to him and was not that out of place. He may have just walked onto the elevator and had one on him.

But for Joshua in the movie to go through all that action based running an getting shot at and so on and out of nowhere, just be sipping on one on the roof?

And why a Chinese Red Bull product placement jab with Shane In the middle of Texas? Probably one of the biggest pro American made States in the country and ou of nowhere Shane pulls out a can of Chinese Red Bull? Even the Chinese movie watchers in China thought that one was out of place.

it just some of the product placement didn't seem to be placed right.

Just got back from seeing it in IMAX 3d....What can I say it was big, beautiful, and insane! My initial thoughts are that this movie is amazing, loved the action, the villains robot, and human. Loved what a great team the Autobots are, and the bickering between them.

Cant wait to see it again, that's as coherent as I can be now best movie going experience I've had since the original live action movie!

Opened in Ireland here today and I just got back from seeing it for the first time and absolutely loved it from start to finish. The Transformers, cast and action sequences were outstanding, everything I was hoping for!! Congratulations to Michael and the crew for putting together a superb and thoroughly enjoyable movie. All I can say is thank you Michael, I need to see this again and can't wait for Transformers 5 and 6!!!