Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Default Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

To be opened Thursday night.

Default Re: Official TF4 Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Wow, I'm first!

Loved the film. I think I liked it the most of all four. I really loved the design of Lockdown's ship. For those that have seen it, you can clearly see that it is an analog of Unicron. From the way it sucks up objects into its opening, to the way the inside was designed, with those tendrils and other machines pulling apart robots and all the there transformer waste. I can't wait to see what the fifth and sixth movies bring. We're teased as to who or what the creators are at the very beginning when we see the hand of an alien dropping the seeds of destruction on earth to create the transformium. I wonder who they are? Anyone here well versed in the alien creatures of the TF universe? I'm hoping Quintessons and Unicron will feature in the next film(s). Who knows?

I LOVED the G1 Optimus. There's one shot where they are at a Gas Station, and he transforms back into the truck from robot mode, and you can totally tell that was a massive fan service, as his transformation was vastly similar to the way the G1 toy transforms. Loved, loved, loved it.

Lockdown was bad-ass. Very cool.

Dinobots were absolutely awesome. Grimlock is HUGE.

Overall, really loved the film. I'm going back to see it again soon. And I'm sure I will think of more things to talk about in this thread!

But well done Michael and team. Another extremely fun flick that notches up the darker tone just a bit and that is perfect in my opinion. Also Walberg was great. I prefer him over Shia.

Scott

One thing that I wasn't fully sure of, was at what point was Prime 'fully repaired'? He was still his G1 truck looking pretty old and worn, and then he scans the new truck and bam, he's shiny and new again. I'm assuming that Cade had fix him enough in his shed, but we don't really see too much of that happening, apart from pulling out a few shells and missiles? Still, it wasn't a major thing.

Also, any allusion as to where Crosshairs and Drift came from? Assuming they arrived some time after TF3? Would be nice if their arrivals were explained because sometimes I feel like TF'ers just appear out of nowhere for each new film. This isn't a gripe really, more that I want to know more!!!

Loved Lockdown. Very badass.

Loved Galvatron. Especially he lives on without a spark, as he is Death and Darkness incarnate! Death is not the opposite of life, but the absence of life. Likewise darkness is not the opposite of light, but the absence of light. Hense as personification of Prime's enemy, he is the absence of everything present in Prime! Bay nailed it with the symbolism.

Loved Prime's transformatiin to the new truck! The rust chipping away was an incredible effect!

So many things so awesome! I do not know where to begin!

Couldn't see the 3D version today just got the 2D

rate:

+++++ First half(before they get on Lockdown's ship): 5 out of 5
    +++-- second half: 3 out of 5

(+ +) First part loved the human part and the robot part. I think it has been a serious improvement on the main human characters. Some of the secondary actors were also a win, S. Tucci was great, kelsey Grammer is just a awesome actor.

(-)
    Bingbing was really bad

(+ +) The darker optimus really works for me. Loved that he killed "Frasier"

(+ +) Best bumblebee of all the movies, i thought is personality was going in a really awesome path, a dark sad path, at the middle of the film I thought we would find out that something bad had happened to Sam to make him that way. (- -) But... we got nothing.

(+ +) Ratchet's sad ending was done really beautifully. Loved it. (-)I thought that when Lockdown took his spark we would get something more elaborated about why he does it.

(+) The dinobots looked great, but... left me wanting more

(- -) Not a big fan of the falling from tall places thing, people do break their necks (and most of the bones) if caught like that in mid air like that!! Would like a more realistic human body in the TF movies

(-) Absolutely hated the lego thing. Could have gone the tradiciona transformations that are just pure awesomeness. The flying legos made no sense, and looked really atrocious in 2D. (I'll check the 3D version saturday)

(weird) Optimus is a lot stronger then a trunk (I get the irony) but he cant remove the sword, and a trunk can?

(weird) There an army of not so good guys on lockdown's ship, right?

(+ +) Super awesome that they made Galvatron to be the main threat to humanity and not lockdown, he was actually going to leave in peace. Galvatron didn't really took the "front page", but he would be the cause for "human extinction", the trailers really got us looking at the wrong way.

Overall i loved it, It had a better story then the others, but not as good action. The legos didn't ruin the movie for me, but I hope they go away. The worst part was that Bumblebee kinda disappeared as a character on the second half of the movie.
    Let the insults come

QUESTION: In my theater it didn't show the dancing robots part!! was it cut out of the movie?

Did anyone get any mid or after credits scenes? Some say they had credits scenes but most say there was none. And I seen an early premier and the Bee and a Hound dance scene was in the movie but now everyone is saying it was cut?

@ scott
    I can understand why many things just appeared in the movie unexplained, like Drift, Crosshairs, Hound and Lockdown and how he forged a relationship with Attinger's team. It was definitely purposely done to sell the prequel comic books. As I'm sure those will be explained in it.

@ jafs
    I understand not all will like the lego transformation. Perhaps they'd improve it in 5 onwards. But the important thing is the concept -- the concept that the Decepticons are an "upgrade." And I'm loving that idea. It makes sense that the bad guys are always more advanced as this would pose more of a challenge for the good guys. This has always been the formula in the Terminator franchise (eg. Human vs T-800 in Terminator 1, T-800 vs T1000 in Terminator 2, and T-850 vs T-X in Terminator 3...)

@ Darkness
    Didn't see any dancing scenes too in my IMAX theater. They must have decided to make it blu-ray/dvd exclusive.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I loved it. Saw it in 3D but not IMAX. I will see it in IMAX 3D, though. Very good story. Loved the way the Dinobots were captives of Lockdown and NOT here for millions of years. Galvatron living=ultimate win. The question I have is whom was Lockdown working for-- Unicron or the Quintessons? Or both? Prime off-world? Who's going to lead the team left on Earth? What Autobots will he rendezvous with in space? My biggest issue is referring to the material as transformium and not Cybertomium. Oh, and I didn't like the Lego transformations and the the "superhuman" bodies either. And the use of super slo mo in every other scene. Loved Galvatron's voice. Sounded very familiar.

@ jiggy

Prime off-world would leave Bee as the default Autobot leader on earth.

Remember, Drift did say in the film that Bee led them while Prime was still in hiding.

Could Bee be the "Bayverse" Rodimus Prime in the next movies? Or will they introduce Ultra Magnus as the new Autobot leader on earth? We'll find out. Lots of options for them for sure. They ended the movie nicely open, so it's got a lot of options.

The one thing I didn't like about the ending (well not really dislike, but more like I find puzzling) was Prime shooting off into space... just... like... that...
    And he was never a natural flyer. I mean TFs like insects or animals have their specific natural abilities. Like Seekers (born with wings) are natural flyers, while others are not. And Prime was never a flyer.
    In fact in ROTF he needed to combine with Jetfire to fly. And that didn't require him to even fly off planet earth. This time around he needed to fly off the planet which required enormous thrust, and he did it just like that?

Didn't like the bubble transformations. But I can see why they did it, less time, money and effort into the transformations. Would allow for more robot time.

@ chatter

And also, the robots are now easier to translate into toys.
    Since the robots with lego or cube transformation are basically going to be One-Step-Changers when translated into toys.

People are going to collect and buy them anyway. And I am liking the One-Steps since they're so playable.

I cant believe in that floating metal, and did you notice they always loose their tyres since they are rubber? How do you get new tyres when they transform back into vehicle mode?

Transformers Age Of Extinction was not that great as the first movie, but action was great, the Dinobots where awesome, and Lockdown was badass!

@ chatter

I was wondering about that myself sometime ago when some of the robot images surfaced online showing only "rims" with no "tires."

Like this image for example where we could see the Camaro's rims on Bee's back, but no tires.
    OptimusPrimeBumblebeeBank.jpg

Until I attended an Oreo event promoting TF4, just before the showing of the movie, where they had real large versions of these images all over the place. and upon closer inspection, as with Bee's case for example, I could see the tires forming part of Bee's armor. If you look at his body armor, some of the black areas are actually the tires. I was able to identify them by their groove.

I'm thinking they're metal now.

Saw in IMAX 3D. Bottomline, I really enjoyed the movie. Liked the story, loved the action. I more than got my money's worth.

Minor gripes:

I also didn't like the weird transformations.

They could've given Grimlock at least one line.

Prime or Bee not mentioning Sam or referencing him at all was weird, considering how close they were for so long.

I never liked the sentimental, emotional parts in any of these movies, especially in the middle of a fight, and this one was no different. I get you need to have it in there somewhere, but I still hate it.

This movie did not need to be almost 3 hours long. I don't get why Bay insists on these bloated runtimes. You could've easily taken about 20- 30 minutes here and there and you STILL have a movie thats over 2 hours. I don't get it.

Awesome movie! Did not like somethings. Better human element this time. Will leave a review later. Just got back from movie and its 1am .

Loved the fight scene between Prime and Galvatron, and the latter goes on to say he doesn't have a soul! If my memory serves me right. EPIC!

Makes so much sense the new Decepticons don't have sparks. Since a spark is supposed to be a Transformer's equivalent to a heart. And metaphorically speaking, evil doers are "heartless."

Oh I LOVE this new Decepticon concept!!

A trend I am noticing is people who are giving this movie negative feedback are doing so because they held 'pre-conceived' ideas of what it was going to be going into it. But this film is an experience that must be taken for what it is. An excellent, awesome, well-executed piece of brilliance. Michael, congratulations on making the best Transformers movie of the series. AOE is 'robo-centric' meaning all the development of the characters and story is driven by the robots and their conflict. I liked how, even in the middle of fights and focusing on the humans, they always kept the robot action visible. E.g. Lockdown and Prime's first fight and how you could see the action on Joyce's monitors.

All in all, this movie was excellent and had no down sides. Its easy to follow story has expanded the movie-verse into a whole new realm of possibility.Only Michael Bay can top Michael Bay. Everyone else should just stop trying.

I agree with olymctavish

This movie had all the elements of TF1 less the wacky elements. Making it the best TF film to date. In fact it even had more action than TF1.

I mean the wacky human character was quickly finished off by Lockdown. I loved the scene where the wacky character died and Lockdown just drove by it. I mean that scene was just incredible. Malignantly beautiful!! That Lambo's HOT.

Razor, they were so much more advanced that the fat autobot kicked their ass's so badly they need a ass doctor. It took like 30 of them to take hound down.

Also... how long without a hyperdrive will Optimus take to reach the creators? LOL, maybe would be smarter to kick lockdow's crew and take the ship. This way will take him like 1000 years to get anywhere.

Drift as a triple changer was AWESOME

Did crosshairs at some point call some human a "meatball" ???

BTW: No movie is perfect, just because we point some bad stuff, doesn't mean with don't love it, no one likes a "yes-man"

I'm truly sorry if this has been mentioned already, but, I didn't want to read all the spoilers whilst looking for an answer toy little question ;-)

Do we see an alt Dinobot mode or is it just dinosaur form?

Cheers guys :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jiggyjazzman View Post
    I loved it. Saw it in 3D but not IMAX. I will see it in IMAX 3D, though. Very good story. Loved the way the Dinobots were captives of Lockdown and NOT here for millions of years. Galvatron living=ultimate win. The question I have is whom was Lockdown working for-- Unicron or the Quintessons? Or both? Prime off-world? Who's going to lead the team left on Earth? What Autobots will he rendezvous with in space? My biggest issue is referring to the material as transformium and not Cybertomium. Oh, and I didn't like the Lego transformations and the the "superhuman" bodies either. And the use of super slo mo in every other scene. Loved Galvatron's voice. Sounded very familiar.
    Why would the metal be called Cybertromium? Its not from Cybertron. The "Seeds" created the metal and the "Creators" created the "seeds" to make the metal so Ida same to assume they also "seeded" Cybertron the same way they teied on Earth. So the material the Cybertronians or Transformers is made out of is technically not native to Cybertron or Earth.

Soooooo many people complaining about the boosters on OP at the end lol. "Why didn't he have them before?" "Why didn't he use them in the last 3 movies?" I knew that was going to happen. There wasn't enough explanation for the average person to understand he got the boosters as part of his "silver knight" upgrade when he got the sword. There was also a scene cut from the sword scene that I wish Bay would have left in. Seen a early test screening and there was a scene there where OP went into a VR world much like how Sam met the Primes in ROTF. And OP met the past Knights who owned the Knight Ship. They bestowed on to him the Silver Knight armor which turned him silver for a few seconds and the sword and basically knighted him.

Love how the Donobots are also part of the Knight Order too

Favourite line in the whole movie when Galvatron says " We will meet again Prime for I'm am reborn" at the end.

Anybody else notice the very first scene the Sonic appeared and no driver was visible in it? I thought it was a TF right there.