Thread: Michael Bay’s ‘The Last Ship’ Lands Cable’s Top Series Debut Ratings This Year

Default Michael Bay’s ‘The Last Ship’ Lands Cable’s Top Series Debut Ratings This Year

Drama scores 5.3 million total viewers

TNT's “The Last Ship” sailed to the top of the ratings rankings for a cable series debut this season: the drama landed 5.3 million viewers in its first run on Sunday, 7.4 million total including an encore.

Following the 9 p.m. premiere, the “Falling Skies” return earned 3.7 million viewers at 10 p.m.

See video: Michael Bay's ‘The Last Ship’ Is the Last Hope for Humanity in New TNT Trailer

The two shows join “Major Crimes” and “Murder in the First” in giving the network five of cable's top six scripted season premieres for the year to date in live plus same day delivery, the network boasted. The only non-TNT debut in the top six is A&E's “Longmire.”

“Just two weeks into its summer slate, TNT's Sunday night action-adventures and Monday and Tuesday night crime dramas are delivering on the promise of our newly energized brand,” said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). “We couldn't be happier with last night's launch of ‘The Last Ship’ and ‘Falling Skies,’ which come to TNT from two of the industry's most successful storytellers: Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.”

Source: http://www.thewrap.com/tnt-last-ship-tv-ratings/

Default Re: Michael Bay’s ‘The Last Ship’ Lands Cable’s Top Series Debut Ratings This Year

Awesome

Default Re: Michael Bay’s ‘The Last Ship’ Lands Cable’s Top Series Debut Ratings This Year

Can't wait for the third episode tomorrow, at least I'll keep my mind at bay (pun intended ) since I still have to wait 11 days to get AoE in Italy...
    Si vis pacem para bellum...

Has anyone else watched the third season of The Last Ship?! Clearly the best season so far! Great action! Great story with good "never saw that coming" plot twists! And good acting!
    And now it has been renewed for a FIFTH SEASON!! Hell yeah!! I'm thinking of buying the first two seasons on Blu-ray, but can't decide if to buy the seasons separately or wait till the show is canceled and then buy a complete box with all the seasons.
    http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/last...ed-1201855103/