Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 5 in 2016?

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Default Transformers 5 in 2016?

Paramount loves sequels just as much as any other studio, and at the CineEurope confab — basically the European CinemaCon — studio reps touted the company’s upcoming schedule. 2016 is thick with sequels, with Transformers 5 newly announced for that year alongside Beverly Hills Cop 4, G.I. Joe 3, and Hansel and Gretel 2. Also in the 2016 announcement is Paranormal Activity 5, which represents a huge delay for the title. The film was originally slated for 2013, then pushed to October of this year, and now evidently has a more significant delay ahead.THR reports the details from the conference.
    We’ve known that a fifth Transformers film was likely, but typically this sort of announcement wouldn’t come until after the opening of the fourth. That film,Transformers: Age of Extinction, premieres this week in Hong Kong, and opens next week, on June 27. This is the first official studio statement that another film is coming. We don’t know who will write, direct, or star at this point.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/transformers-5-2016/

I was thinking a possible fifth film would have a 2017 release. Will Michael return?

Default Re: Transformers 5 in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by Bot of Badassness View Post
    http://www.slashfilm.com/transformers-5-2016/

I was thinking a possible fifth film would have a 2017 release. Will Michael return?
    first triology was had a 2 year distance from each other. this one has a 3 year distance because of Pain n Gain.

Well a wile back he said he would do more Transformers movies if us fans keep making them successful at the box office!

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=4332

id like to point out that number 4 isnt out properly yet :P
    >Strangetown< A webcomic based (loosely) on the North Wales town of Llandudno. Go on you know you want to!

Will Michael return?
    That's A Million Dollar Question?
    This the victory Michael Bay had promised us many years ago !!!

Holy crap, guys. If they release TF5 in 2017, it'll be ten years since the first movie!

From Rob Moore, Paramount Picture Vice Chairman, from the Hong Kong World Premiere, he says 2016 is highly unlikely. 2017 is a much more plausible year for a 5th film.

But NOTHING is confirmed at this moment. In the history of the live action Transformers films, Paramount has never been so arrogant to confirm their sequel release dates even before the current film has been released like Sony, Fox and Marvel have been doing with their future superhero films.

Its important to see financial reports (box office) to really know what the box office response is before jumping the gun.
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

After seeing how awesome TF4 is, theres every reason to push through with this new trilogy.

The more I think about TF4 the more I think its on the same level, or even better than TF1. Thank You Michael Bay and Company!!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    After seeing how awesome TF4 is, theres every reason to push through with this new trilogy.

The more I think about TF4 the more I think its on the same level, or even better than TF1. Thank You Michael Bay and Company!!
    Right behind you Razor. This movie is excellent. Bring on 5. There's nothing else to compare Michael's grand scale of epicness to. AOE is undoubtedly the best in the series.

i definitely like to see a transformers 5 and 6. preferably with bay directing. mark walhberg is an excellent leading man. stanley tucci provides a perfect comic relief, there should be more funny scenes with him in 5 and 6.

I say keep Michael to finish the series, but let a women take the lead role in the next film.

I cannot wait until 2016. Age of Extinction has me so pumped for what's coming next! Michael needs to do all 6 films for continuity of tone, style and pacing etc. All 6 films will gel nicely then After this six, then sure let someone else have a different take on it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    I say keep Michael to finish the series, but let a women take the lead role in the next film.
    mark walhberg is the star for the current trilogy.

Default Transformers 5: Attack of the Diaclones 2

Paramount’s Rob Moore Talks TRANSFORMERS 4, When We’re Likely to Get TRANSFORMERS 5, the Importance of International Box Office, and More
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub
    While everyone likes to use the domestic box office when deciding if a movie is a flop or a hit, domestic box office is only a small piece of a very large pie. Nowadays, Hollywood studios make their money internationally, with some movies making 70% (or more) of their final box office overseas. This explains why more Hollywood movies are casting actors from around the world in key roles, and why the studios do global premieres like the one I attended last night in Hong Kong for Transformers: Age of Extinction. Asia is a huge market with China’s box office getting bigger and bigger every year. Most think it’s only a matter of time before China eclipses North America in terms of movie screens and box office revenue.

Shortly before the premiere started, I spoke to Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures, on the red carpet. He talked about the importance of international box office, how Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters made most of its money internationally, the challenge of making Transformers: Age of Extinction, when we’ll get Transformers 5 (most likely 2017 and not 2016), and more.

'Transformers: Age of Extinction' will set up a new trilogy, Michael Bay says -- EXCLUSIVE
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Breznican
    Michael Bay tells EW that this summer’s Transformers: Age of Extinction will herald the arrival of at least two more battling ‘bot movies. He thinks of it not as Transformers 4, but as more of a reboot — even though he’s still running the show.

“It’s kind of like a new Transformers,” Bay says. “We had three, the first trilogy, and this is going to be the next one.” The next…trilogy? “Yeah, it’s the first of a new trilogy,” he says after a moment of hesitation. “I’m not necessarily sure that I’m doing [the others], but that’s what it’s meant for.”

“Lockdown is an interesting character. He travels the galaxy, he works for somebody else. And he’s here for one person, one alien, and then he’s out of here,” Bay says. “So he doesn’t really want to take sides. The cause and balance of the galaxy is kind of messed up when different species play with different species. And that opens up a whole other gigantic world for Transformers.”

In other words, someone, somewhere, is not happy that puny humans and Transformers have been mingling like this.

Bay says there are characters and plotlines hinted at in Age of Extinction that won’t be fully explored this time around, but are meant to help set up future stories.

“Lockdown’s ship has a lot of meaning that can go into other movies. There’s a lot of backstory about that ship that’s not laid out here,” he says. “You’re going to see a few things where you’re like ‘What is that? And what is that?’ And you’re going to see a couple shots like, ‘Wait a minute, who are they?’ But we don’t answer those questions.”
    Producer Speculates on Transformers in Space
    Lorenzo di Bonaventura gives us his thoughts on a Transformers space adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Nicholson
    "We've debated space," he said. "We've debated whether we should ever shoot anything in space or not, and I don't think we've come to that conclusion.

"There are attractive notions to it, and unattractive," he continued. "I think the unattractive, or the trick of it, is that we want our humans with us. So going to space might force an all-Transformers movie, and while I think some fans would love that, I think other fans would be disappointed they don't have humans. So I think that's the creative decision we've got to face about that idea."

^TFs in space would also mean no more earth alt modes for them = no more hot cars. I do not think the automotive executives would like that idea.

they already did space in TF 2 and 3. Optimus Prime and Ratchet went to the moon to get sentinel prime. we saw optimus flying to space in search of the creators. maybe in the intro of tf5 prime saw his creators and got into battle with them in space. the space battle scenes don't have to take an entire act of the movie. it could be just like the intro of tf3, the battle of cybertron. it could be like that. if the producers want space with humans, they could find a way to get them to space. maybe galvatron kidnaps tessa to lure optimus prime back to earth. and cade yeager and shane goes into space with the autobots to rescue her. they go to space because they have to and not because they want to, this sounds more believable. with the introduction of joshua joyce character, maybe he built a spaceship for the autobots to atone for his sins. we still haven't seen transformers that turn into spaceships like astrotrain or cosmos. tf5 could be a good excuse to make use of those transformers and a good excuse to make space battle scenes.

In the first Transformers movie we were introduced to five Autobots.

In the first movie, Jazz was killed.
    In the second movie, Optimus was killed.
    In the third movie, Ironhide was killed.
    In the fourth movie, Ratchet was killed.

So that means in the fifth movie, Bumblebee will... oh no.

In the first Transformers movie we were introduced to five Autobots.

In the first movie, Jazz was killed.
    In the second movie, Optimus was killed.
    In the third movie, Ironhide was killed.
    In the fourth movie, Ratchet was killed.

So that means in the fifth movie, Bumblebee will... oh no.
    And in the sixth movie...uhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by vittaldadambbs View Post
    That's A Million Dollar Question?
    that is same question to be ask I read intiview while movie was in making bay states this will be his last trasnfromer film hes making but he has changed ideas before in series not wanting dinobots, not wanting to have red cars as transfromers he put them in

At first, I was sceptical that Michael could continue ramping up the energy and enthusiasm for this series after four instalments (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES might have had a different director, but there's no denying most of the returning players seemed burned out), but after seeing AOE myself, I was taken aback at just how fresh and exciting the movie seemed. Maybe Paramount/Dreamworks allowing Michael to direct a personal film between TF movies gave him a chance to recharge.

If that's true, I'd HIGHLY advise Paramount to finance another one of Michael's smaller pet projects (the horror movie he's alluded to in the past would be a cool candidate), if they want to keep things rolling between TF4 and TF5.

I agree.

Smaller movie - 2016 release
    Transformers 5 - 2017 release

Though if TF5 will have what we think it will have, maybe start on it in the next few months for a 2017 release so the budget can be ready for expansion and the effects can be top notch.

If there's a smaller movie, maybe Michael will do the horror, maybe he'll do the Africa movie, but I think it would be really cool to see him do another black comedy.

the robot battles look amazing, there should be more robot battles in tf5. like the battle scenes in lord of the rings, but with giant robots instead of orcs or elves. the finale fight scene between optimus prime and lockdown looks stunning. if there were like 50 of the robots fighting each other all at once, that's going to be an awesome scene to watch.

As much as people would probably hate this, I think TF5 should be very story driven and toned down. We've had four movies in a row with long battles, and the fourth literally wore me out after so long. It was starting to be too much. TF6 Will be the ultimate finale, so there's no need to try and outdo TF4. Make the fifth be like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one, changing up the usual pace for something more personal and intimate, for a far larger sixth. Action will still be essential, but not on the level of the other films involving millions of citizens.
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

hmm,
    a 90 minute CGI only movie with Optimus Prime doing his search in space. Picking up the likes of Kup and Ultra Magnus.