Thread: How to fix the Turtles.

Default How to fix the Turtles.

Guys, I saw this going around and I completely agree it makes them really work. The look now is just weird in the face. This I think is amazing looking. What do you guys think?

kADmzsV.jpg
    sXxUWcH.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/0lwLZ

Default Re: How to fix the Turtles.

Jeb i agree,
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Reminds me of when a TF fan fixed Megatron's face before the first TF movie. It's a good fix but what we've seen in the teaser is what we are going to see in the theater. Personally, the turtle's faces look too human.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

But how would they look in motion?

why are people so against the turtles having nostrils.......Real turtles have nostrils

This is why fan boy movies suck. people get so hung up on the aesthetics, that they totally ignore the story which is kinda the whole freaking point of a freaking movie.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

I'm kind of digging how Leo looks, even little details like the Knicks pin on his strap. Hmmm, Uraydo

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    This is why fan boy movies suck. people get so hung up on the aesthetics, that they totally ignore the story which is kinda the whole freaking point of a freaking movie.
    Good point. My issue with their look though isn't stupid fan boy grievances, it's that they look rather unsettling, falling well into the uncanny valley.

On the flip side, giving them the cartoony look within a live-action setting would be just as bad. It's like having a CGI Disney/Pixar character running around a live-action world.

That Knicks button is a definitely a nice touch. Just shows that these Turtles are regular dudes like us.

Well, what can I say R-Type. This new Turtles movie has put that old feeling in my pants. It's good to see familiar faces.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

I don't really like how they look, technical wise. They look great with masks, but without, I don't know. Might be a render thing, they may look a lot better in the last trailers.]

Same happened with Prime's face in AOE's Super Bowl Spot, now look at it. Look at it!

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    why are people so against the turtles having nostrils.......Real turtles have nostrils

I'm a fangirl, and I love the new look. Nostrils and all.

They look like bad-ass warriors which is how ninja were throughout history.

http://crabapplered.livejournal.com/88173.html has made some excellent points which is how I like to see a rant. It is well structured and written, and I hope she does another one when she sees the movie. Its based on the 2003 cartoon and fanfiction, but has good points for every version of TMNT. Mostly written about fanfiction/fanart, the points are really well made for anyone considering anything ninja turtle related.
    Life is about finding balance .... especially on a drunken Friday night!

I hate the new looks. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It's really turning me off from this movie, and I would have preferred they just kept with the classic look. You know that saying, if it's not broke, don't fix it. If this makes me a sucky fangirl, then so be it, but if it weren't for us fangirls and fanboys, this franchise wouldn't have been around for 30 years!

If anything, I've heard from several people, they look too real.

Yea, why would someone want some realism in a film. Why make turtles look like turtles?. I think they look awesome by the way

I don't think it's an issue of realism but of the look of the turtles themselves. Specifically, The Face. It looks too much like a human face. With his Mask on Michelangelo reminds me of WWE's Ray Mysterio. Then there's the issue with lips. Why do they Have Lips? Obviously its so they can form words, I get that, but do they have to be so pronounce?
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

I'm sure it's unfinished CGI until the final results are in

Quote Originally Posted by warhorse View Post
    I hate the new looks. Hate it, hate it, hate it. It's really turning me off from this movie, and I would have preferred they just kept with the classic look. You know that saying, if it's not broke, don't fix it. If this makes me a sucky fangirl, then so be it, but if it weren't for us fangirls and fanboys, this franchise wouldn't have been around for 30 years!
    fixed versions look to cartoon looking as below versions

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-25th-anniversary-collection-20090810015115137.jpg

you prefer turtles look like his fan art?
    teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-david-rapoza-tmnt-3.jpg

splinter_by_davidrapozaart.jpg

uraydo
    Re: How to fix the Turtles.