Thread: 1st Official Trailer Opinion

Default 1st Official Trailer Opinion

I REALLY like the 1:30 trailer. It looked serious with a tad of fun in it. I like the fact the turtles have some weight to them. The slight banter was great. Kudos to the TMNT team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjs...ature=youtu.be

Default Re: 1st Official Trailer Opinion

It is only a sneak peak at the moment, but I have to admit, I am thrilled by the new image of the turtles.

Leo looks amazing in his scary samurai gear, you really wouldn't want to pick a fight with him. I liked the building toppling, that looks awesome and I can't wait to find out why its falling.

From what I've seen, April stumbles onto the turtles (which is the usual thing, anyway) and finds answers with Shredder who is posing as a concerned citizen of New York (this happened in the 2003 cartoon too)

Mikey looks cute and acts even cuter trying to appease April's distrust, so the personalities are going to be intact.
    Life is about finding balance .... especially on a drunken Friday night!

Well, for starters the look of the turtles was a surprise to me. I was assuming something really bad based on the pictures of the motion capture suits. Especially when they are wearing overcoats, I thought that shell looked way to freak'n big. And Aparrently their shells are super hard to do damage to a vehicle like that. If they have decent figures to go along with the movie, I might get one. Might.

Fox still doesn't look like April. That is all.

The Plot...From what I saw from the teaser, it's very familiar. April's Dad and Shredder working on a secret project? Doesn't that sound Familiar to anyone? Like Peter's Dad and Dr. Connors working on a secret project in The Amazing Spider-Man? Hopefully this is where the Similarities end.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

The movie looks rather hokey if you ask me. Also, I can't be the only one here who thinks Mikey's face just looks...off, especially without his mask.

Well with how other movies like these get taken so far off base, things in the turtle universe look intact here at least.

Movie looks great!..... however after reading a few reactions, I must agree with the general thought, "What is up with Shredder being some white dude." I have no problem with characters changing race through incarnations, but when that fact is a big part of what defines that character, it bothers me. I've heard the words "white washed" being thrown around while talking about this movie.

Other than that, it looks great.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by MROptimusPrime View Post
    Well with how other movies like these get taken so far off base, things in the turtle universe look intact here at least.
    Mikey appears to have a lazy eye too. lol

wow white washed everyone talks about bay turtle movie being white washed from other sites but everyone always forgets first remake and second remake of Godzilla is completely white washed through out it takes place in us not japan,.

trailer I was reaeally excited about trailer my only complaint about it mostly foot soldiers they look more foot soldierish military theme overtop look than ninja wannabe with ninja weapons its regular people with guns and make up but that is something I can live with if foot ninjas lok like ninjas with guns ninja weapons that be better I can get past new look in film to fit todays society modernized look oh thank bay non sarcasm intended for giving april an actual camera see people with cellphones taking pictures and video is overrated real reporter should have an actual camera at hand saw picture of megan fox with hand held red camera in her hand shooting something to make that look realistic I can deal with shredder being American in 80s cartoon he look American with mask on.

took glance at imdb I don't trust them until I see film itself if what they say is true from look at things karai, and baxter stockman are in this film no casey jones would have like to see casey jones in this version.

I freakin loved it dudes!

I love it Michael! Looks great!
    I've watched it for the third time now and i have to say it gets better everytime i watch it
    And i can finally feel the tone thats been set here in this trailer it feels great! Well done!
    Btw, yeah we know it's CGI but still it is overall great IMO, i wouldn't say it if it wasn't great.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Leonardo feels so much like Optimus Prime. I could almost imagine him say "Calling all Autobots!"

Oh my daughter loves the Michael Angelo scene.

Banned

considering this is supposed to be a kids film the turtles look too much on the scary side.

Shredder not being Japanese is insulting. i swear MB must have something against the Japanese (no Japanese cars in the TF series, drift being a buggati, and shredder not being Japanese)

Quote Originally Posted by nineball View Post
    i swear MB must have something against the Japanese (no Japanese cars in the TF series, drift being a buggati, and shredder not being Japanese)
    What the heck? Are you Japanese?

After seeing how large the Turtles are, HOW do they fit into that 60's Ford Econoline Van? It was the smallest van ever produced.

Nice CGI, did WETA do this?

Quote Originally Posted by MROptimusPrime View Post
    After seeing how large the Turtles are, HOW do they fit into that 60's Ford Econoline Van? It was the smallest van ever produced.
    I brought this up before, but they are also going to be too big to go down Manholes. Something else they're Known to do from time to time.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

i made a version of the trailer.

i hope you like

http://vimeo.com/90800623

need your support

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    I brought this up before, but they are also going to be too big to go down Manholes. Something else they're Known to do from time to time.
    haven't even thought of that.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

When did the Turtles have noses and lips??? They look freaky! Bad form Mr Bay, how to ruin peoples childhoods.