Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First TMNT trailer coming soon!

Still a little iffy on the backstory, but I liked a lot overall.

Default Re: First TMNT trailer coming soon!

Looks like it would be a fun action comedy flick... but the way they look is just horrible, feels like they made them look that way just for that one joke. I will probably watch it in theaters, but... I'm not convinced I will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
    1080p download please, Nelson? Youtube is blocked in Turkey as of today.
    http://bayhem.com/1i0FiqU

Link is temporary. 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by jwsviper View Post
    I am liking it so far, even with the origin change, but why the hell isn't April's hair red? I don't mean subtly red, I mean red-red. Anyway, the turtles look decent when moving. I wasn't so sure in the still photos if I would like them. They still seem really friggin' huge though.
    Her hair wasn't red in the original comics. It was brunette. And the April in the second and third live action flicks also had brown hair, so it's not a needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    Looks like it would be a fun action comedy flick... but the way they look is just horrible, feels like they made them look that way just for that one joke. I will probably watch it in theaters, but... I'm not convinced I will enjoy it.
    Yeah, I hate their faces. They should have just stuck with the design from the Jim Henson suits. Who ever designed these monsters, I hope dies a horrible death. Sai to the eye socket will be fine. This isn't like Transformers, where there was never a live action or multiple incarnations. The TMNT have been around for 30 years, have been in 3 cartoons now (the Fred Wolf, the 2k3 and now the Nick toon) 3 live action films, a live action TV show and a CGI movie, and they all had pretty similar characteristics. The only thing that has been holding the box office has been the fucking PG rating. People don't want to watch a movie with Ninja Turtles wielding katanas and sais in a PG film. They'd love it if it were in a R-Rated flick, but a PG-13 film would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by warhorse View Post
    Who ever designed these monsters, I hope dies a horrible death. Sai to the eye socket will be fine.
    jesus christ man, chill out! its your right not to like them but death wishes? what the fuck is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    http://bayhem.com/1i0FiqU

Link is temporary. 24 hours.

Thanks, here's a quick gallery I just made.

http://imgur.com/a/fR2y3/all

I predict the same thing will happen with this movie that happened with the first Transformers movie: Everyone across the net whining about everything in this movie now will be buying a ticket to see this in theaters.

There is something a lot of diehard fans of the Turtles (and other 80s franchises like Transformers) need to realize and it's something I came to terms with a few years ago: This movie isn't for the diehards. We have our movie already, and it's the movie that was released in 1990. This movie is for the current generation of kids, and adults that may remember the turtles from their childhood, and maybe played with the toys--the ones who've only seen the original movie once or twice, not a million times like me. That group makes up the vast majority of movie goers, not the crying diehard fans on the internet. Am I a fan of who they chose to play April? No... Am I a fan of how the backstory has drastically changed? Not really.... But I'm not in the target demographic. And the look of the turtles doesn't bother me. After all--they're mutations of turtles.. They're supposed to look weird.. If you want to see the Jim Henson designs, then go watch the original movie. Shouldn't the most important thing be that they get their CHARACTERS right? From what little we've seen, it seems like they got that part right.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    I predict the same thing will happen with this movie that happened with the first Transformers movie: Everyone across the net whining about everything in this movie now will be buying a ticket to see this in theaters.

There is something a lot of diehard fans of the Turtles (and other 80s franchises like Transformers) need to realize and it's something I came to terms with a few years ago: This movie isn't for the diehards. We have our movie already, and it's the movie that was released in 1990. This movie is for the current generation of kids, and adults that may remember the turtles from their childhood, and maybe played with the toys--the ones who've only seen the original movie once or twice, not a million times like me. That group makes up the vast majority of movie goers, not the crying diehard fans on the internet. Am I a fan of who they chose to play April? No... Am I a fan of how the backstory has drastically changed? Not really.... But I'm not in the target demographic. And the look of the turtles doesn't bother me. After all--they're mutations of turtles.. They're supposed to look weird.. If you want to see the Jim Henson designs, then go watch the original movie. Shouldn't the most important thing be that they get their CHARACTERS right? From what little we've seen, it seems like they got that part right.
    I guess we'll see soon enough, but the kids that I know who are fans of the nick toon right now, are horrified by Mikey's face. Donnie's and Leo is ok, but Mikey's is really fucking ugly, and is like the laughing stock of the internet (he looks more like Shrek than a TMNT) and I have yet to see a good look of Raph yet.

I never said I wasn't going to see the movie, I'm just not happy with the faces, and all of the excess bs on them. Like I said, the BO will be the deciding factor I guess, but right now, kids are not digging it!

Banned

TBH It's simple enough in this day and age to just download the torrent rather than seeing it at the cinema if the trailers and media hype/promo doesn't attract your attention. That's what I'll be doing, it doesn't look like anything special, no need to watch it at the cinema. I'll save those tickets for Godzilla

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    TBH It's simple enough in this day and age to just download the torrent rather than seeing it at the cinema if the trailers and media hype/promo doesn't attract your attention. That's what I'll be doing, it doesn't look like anything special, no need to watch it at the cinema. I'll save those tickets for Godzilla
    Stealing is proud, right?

Banned

Stealing? What exactly am i stealing other than bandwidth and MB's?

If studio's and producers continue to pump out mediocre movies and re-hashing old idea's rather than make something new and original, what's the harm in downloading it? It's a good way for the public to make a stand.

I have zero tolerance for those advocating piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    I have zero tolerance for those advocating piracy.
    Perhaps this should be a new rule under the "common sense" section of the Terms of Use thread. This is a Hollywood director's official forum, for crying out loud.

Why couldn't they be based on Jim Henson suits? And I complained once on the CGI movie how they look, but after seeing this....Maybe i'll go and watch the movie in the theaters.... The story looks interesting enough

I think the turtles look horrible and honestly with the lips they look more female.

top one looks way better

https://24.media.tumblr.com/6cb1439751a58ec1130a856db68b1f1e/tumblr_n3d0o8m5h41reh5uno1_500.jpgtumblr_n3d0o8m5h41reh5uno1_500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Perhaps this should be a new rule under the "common sense" section of the Terms of Use thread. This is a Hollywood director's official forum, for crying out loud.
    Um, yeah, like stupid.

I already have three people I'm going to see it with, including my mum who likes the trailer. If I like the movie, I may end up seeing it several times at the cinema. I wonder if they will have a promotional thing going when it comes to Birmingham, UK? That would be cool. I remember when the Man in the Iron Mask came out at Birmingham Odeon and there was people dressed as musketeers promoting the movie. I haven't seen much like that since, but it was really cool. Not much is done to promote movies here except for trailers on television. I would like to see people dressed up as ninja turtles on the streets bringing in people for the showings ... that would be really ace. Promote the film in a hands on sort of way.

I would love to be there for the premiere, but that is a dream really. Although I did win tickets to the A-Team Premiere with Liam Neeson and walked the red carpet along with the stars in London so anything is possible!
    Life is about finding balance .... especially on a drunken Friday night!

New Teaser Posters

http://imgur.com/a/2yYS9

Teenage Mutant Uncanny Valley!
    Hey Trailbreaker which was worse that or Polar Express?

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post

You are so right.

Michelangelo should have never taken his mask off...

*shutters in fear*
    Say Trail, what do you think of Caesar in Rise of the Planet of the Apes or the Na'Vi or Gollum or the TinTin characters? they were amazing and improved on mocap technology.