Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: IMAX and the DVD

Default IMAX and the DVD

I saw the IMAX print and it is awesome! It is the future of cinema to see movies in this format. I'm going to see Tranformers one last time and get ready to gear up for Transformers 2. I added two minutes of stuff for IMAX that will never make into any DVD's. There will never be an extended edition.

About the DVD. I like the two disc set. It has all the extras that the others don't have. It is the definitive edition of Transformers. It really breaks down how we made the movie.

Anyway hope you like the IMAX print!

Bay

Well that pretty much sucks if you don't live near an IMAX theater. And i fall into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    I added two minutes of stuff for IMAX that will never make into any DVD's. There will never be an extended edition.

That really sucks. I cant even see the IMAX version because i live in Shitville, Ky where we only get 1 IMAX release at a time and its that damn HP movie now. On top of that they fuck you even more because they say its all directors hall seating which is $15 a seat.

You say never but I bet in the future there will be. I see these dvd's selling like Star Wars with their re-re-re-re-release extra special directors uncut extended version.

I saw the IMAX print and it is awesome! It is the future of cinema to see movies in this format. I'm going to see Tranformers one last time and get ready to gear up for Transformers 2. I added two minutes of stuff for IMAX that will never make into any DVD's. There will never be an extended edition.
    Bummer. But then again, now I'll be able to pick up the two-disc set without worrying about a possible "second dip" by the studios.

And best of luck with TRANSFORMERS 2! Beat that strike!
    Last edited by MitP; 09-17-2007 at 10:09 PM.

About the DVD. I like the two disc set. It has all the extras that the others don't have. It is the definitive edition of Transformers. It really breaks down how we made the movie.

Bay
    Ha!

Well, I saw it in the regular theater four times so even if it's 50% better it's worth it, hell, even the regular version is worth it of course but in Imax it's going to ROCK! I just got my tickets today and there were already a couple of showings in my area sold out a few days ago. October 3rd and 4th are sold out.
    I'm going to the Imax version at least twice possibly more.
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

I added two minutes of stuff for IMAX that will never make into any DVD's. There will never be an extended edition.
    That means ... we must not miss the extra two minutes in the IMAX edition. As for me, it will be a great excuse to see it at least twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
    I just got my tickets today and there were already a couple of showings in my area sold out a few days ago.
    I luckily got my tickets too. I can hardly wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    Well that pretty much sucks if you don't live near an IMAX theater.
    Tell me about it...

I'm there Friday. Look forward to it.

Buying the DVD at midnight.

It's gonna be badass!! I'm so stoked! IMAX and 2-Disc DVD baby!!

I'm not going to be able to catch the IMAX show on friday or saturday but im hoping to go on either sunday or monday! btw is there any word how long this is going to be out in IMAX? past october hopefully???

Bay
    well, Mike, I have been expecting an extended edition...

why not?

At least the IMAX edition, I mean, the whole movie with more footages, some kind of extended edition...

since we don't have IMAX theater in town.

its unfair....well.
    Last edited by mkgenie4000; 09-18-2007 at 03:34 AM.

I'm going to see Tranformers one last time and get ready to gear up for Transformers 2. I added two minutes of stuff for IMAX that will never make into any DVD's. There will never be an extended edition.
    Awesome.

And nice that there will be no extended version. The theatrical cut is the one I loved and the one I want to see over and over again. Extended cuts can fuck off

Looking forwarded to seeing the IMAX print. Already bought my tickets.
    Wish all theaters could be IMAX, the presentation is just outstanding.

This will tie me over until my HD DVD arrives.

I would have no problem buying an extended version in the future it just depends what the extra footage is and we will find out this Friday evening! The public should be able to choose to be able to switch back and forth from the theatrical to the extended version on it though.
    "You want to scream? I'LL give you something to scream about!" Quote by G1 Galvatron.

This totally blows. I live in Sweden and the closest IMAX (that's showing TF) is in the United Kingdoms. With my income there's no way in hell I'll be able to afford airplane tickets, bus/train fare, possible hotel costs and theatre tickets to see TF.

I would however buy an extended edition in a heartbeat even if I already owned the 2-disc edition.
    "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Thumbs down

"I added two minutes of stuff for IMAX that will never make into any DVD's. There will never be an extended edition."

Gee Thanks. Also, wasn't it just acouple weeks ago someone said there were no plans to release the Jablonski Score?

"About the DVD. I like the two disc set. It has all the extras that the others don't have. It is the definitive edition of Transformers. It really breaks down how we made the movie."

That's good, considering I was screwed out of the Blu-Ray version, and have to buy standard DVD anyway.

Good to know, I'll be seeing it on IMAX as soon as I can. And have the 2 disc DVD on pre-order, looking forward to the extra features.

Quote Originally Posted by Double View Post
    Also, wasn't it just acouple weeks ago someone said there were no plans to release the Jablonski Score?
    Not officially...

Going to have to check this film out (again) in IMAX.

I feel it's going to be a looong wait for the Blu-ray version, so I better see it again while I can.

I want to see the IMAX Version!!
    DAMN - why do I have to live in Austria??

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Kalle View Post
    This totally blows. I live in Sweden and the closest IMAX (that's showing TF) is in the United Kingdoms. With my income there's no way in hell I'll be able to afford airplane tickets, bus/train fare, possible hotel costs and theatre tickets to see TF.

I would however buy an extended edition in a heartbeat even if I already owned the 2-disc edition.
    theres actually going to be an IMAX show in france if you want to catch it that far. you know the people in Europe have it bad for this IMAX release but i think the people in the U.S. need to stop complaining and just go travel 50 or 100 miles to go see it in IMAX. I know I would if I didn't have one near me. make it a road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
    theres actually going to be an IMAX show in france if you want to catch it that far. you know the people in Europe have it bad for this IMAX release but i think the people in the U.S. need to stop complaining and just go travel 50 or 100 miles to go see it in IMAX. I know I would if I didn't have one near me. make it a road trip.
    I heard they're not showing it in France due to the French IMAX owners being cheap.

I currently have my tickets for the IMAX print of Transformers for this Friday at around 6:30. Got a couple of tickets for it about a week or so ago. It's costing me $27.50 for myself and my girlfriend.

To know that I won't be seeing those two minutes of Transformers ever again will make it all the more important that I see and cherish this time. However, I feel that, if I can spend $27.50 on a couple of tickets for one screening... surely I can spend equally as much, or more so, on a DVD that includes those minutes of footage.

Especially if it is more interaction with the Autobots / Decepticons. That is something that I would love more than anything.

Bay
    so.......... I'll never get a chance to see this footage....... good to know.
    "...my heart is turned to stone; I strike it, and it hurts my hand..."

Quote Originally Posted by uraydo View Post
    so.......... I'll never get a chance to see this footage....... good to know.
    You're not missing out on much. Apparently, it's just more "human stuff".

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=151567