Thread: Pain and Gain Special Edition...

Exclamation Pain and Gain Special Edition...

...coming in December.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    ...coming in December.
    Woohoo!

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Pain and Gain Special Edition...

Now that's more like it.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

The New Zealand Blu-ray is being released December 11. Do you know if it'll be the special edition, Nelson?

Banned

Glad i didnt get the regular release.. But why do they always do this? Ppl who bought the regular version must be pissed.. Its not the kinda movie that most ppl would buy twice.

Longer cut, special features or just a fancy packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    Glad i didnt get the regular release.. But why do they always do this? Ppl who bought the regular version must be pissed.. Its not the kinda movie that most ppl would buy twice.
    Agreed. At least I got a few months out of the combo pack and the digital copy. Though the discs will most likely end up on eBay if the special edition comes with both DVD and Bluray.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    ...coming in December.
    I guess it's a good think I decided to wait lol. Hey Nelson, any chance Bay may go back at some point and do director cuts and or extended editions of the TFs movies?

Can't wait for it to come out
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Thanks for the heads-up, Nelson. I almost picked up the current version, and would have kicked my own ass upon seeing the new edition on store shelves.

Bought the standard edition, I couldn't wait, but I don't mind double dipping!

Someone posted this on Bluray's website:

Just a heads up, but the following featurettes were submitted to the BBFC the other day, so this might give some indication of the features on the rumored Special Collector's Edition...

• The A Game: Michael Bay's Pain & Gain - Still A True Story Ripped From The Headlines (11:22)
    • Back to Basics: Michael Bay's Vision (08:26)
    • American Dream: Daniel Lugo (05:22)
    • Passion Player: Paul Doyle (05:23)
    • Dirty Work: Adrian Doorbal (03:45)
    • Victimless Crime: Victor Kershaw (05:40)
    • Diamonds in the Rough: Locations (08:42)
    • The Real Deal: Law Enforcement (08:39)

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=228726&page=3

I hope there's still going to be an extended cut like Michael said there might be. Also hope there'll be a commentary.

It is such a shame that we're seeing less commentaries from Michael Bay. This commentaries are THE MOST entertaining out of so many commentaries I've heard from other directors because he tells such great stories while on set.

Bad Boys 2 and DOTM didn't get a commentary. Pain and Gain needs one
    Transformers 4 Movie Updates on Youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/TheRaginNation

Exclusive first look - Special Collector's Edition Blu-ray:

- http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111193
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Pain & Gain Special Collector's Edition Blu-ray by Michael Bay Dot Com, on Flickr

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – Hailed as “Goodfellas on steroids” (Kyle Smith, New York Post), director Michael Bay’s “hilarious, smart, clever and fresh” (Chris Nashawaty, Entertainment Weekly) dark comedy PAIN & GAIN arrives December 3, 2013 in a Special Collector’s Edition Blu-ray bulked up with brand new bonus material from Paramount Home Media Distribution. Based on an unbelievable true story, PAIN & GAIN stars Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie as a group of personal trainers in 1990s Miami who, in pursuit of the American Dream, get caught up in a criminal enterprise that goes horribly wrong. The PAIN & GAIN Special Collector’s Edition Blu-ray includes nearly an hour of in-depth and exciting bonus footage that takes viewers inside the surreal true story and its intriguing cast of characters. Discover Michael Bay’s vision for this character-driven story and explore the histories of Daniel Lugo, Paul Doyle, Adrian Doorbal and Victor Kershaw and their sensational descent into an inescapable web of horrifically bizarre crime.
    Adapted for the screen by writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely from articles written by journalist Pete Collins, PAIN & GAIN also stars Tony Shalhoub (“Monk”), Ed Harris (A History of Violence), Rob Corddry (Hot Tub Time Machine), Rebel Wilson (Bridesmaids), Ken Jeong (The Hangover) and Bar Paly (The Ruins). The Blu-ray release available for purchase will be enabled with UltraViolet, a new way to collect, access and enjoy movies. With UltraViolet, consumers can add movies to their digital collection in the cloud, and then stream or download them – reliably and securely – to a variety of devices.

PAIN & GAIN Special Collector’s Edition Blu-ray

The PAIN & GAIN Special Collector’s Edition Blu-ray is presented in 1080p high definition with English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.

The Blu-ray includes access to a digital copy of the film as well as the following:

• Feature film in high definition
    • Still A True Story: Ripped From The Headlines
    • Back to Basics: Michael Bay’s Vision
    • American Dreamer: Daniel Lugo
    • Passion Player: Paul Doyle
    • Dirty Work: Adrian Doorbal
    • Victimless Crime: Victor Kershaw
    • Diamonds in the Rough: Locations
    • The Real Deal: Law Enforcement

No Extended Cut or commentary?

Gotta agree with Bot here, a commentary by Michael would be ideal for a release like this. Especially considering P&G was near and dear to Michael's heart, more so than any of his other films.

Zero commentary is the reason why I didn't buy Trans3. I have to keep my cash again if this release doesn't have what I want. Bay does great, descriptive commentary. I blame Spielberg for Bay not doing them anymore.

There's no commentary. Despite being only an hour long, the making-of doco is really fun to watch and has some great information in it.

I also love the menu, using the song I got saved and having a montage of shots throughout from the movie, some slowed down, some sped up, shome as quick flashes.

Despite no deleted scenes, in the making-of doco it shows some of the deleted scenes being filmed, also some of the shots you see in the menu are from deleted scenes as well.

Finally got the special edition.

Would've been great to have a commentary, but on the other hand I know that Bay was pretty busy last year so I don't blame the man. Still, a pretty good package.

And I have to say "Back to Basics: Michael Bay's Vision" is a must-see for all people who like Bay's work.