Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Default Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Batman vs Superman Final Trailer.
    Do they reveal too much of the movie in these trailers? Maybe so, but people are still gonna go and see the movie. There's still only about 2 hours and 20 minutes or so to see of the movie if you count out the minutes they have shown in the trailers!

This whole thing wouldn’t feel so rushed if they re-cast Christian Bale as Batman, and Grant Gustin as the Flash in the first place.

While Ben Affleck is a great Batman (at least as far as we’ve seen from the trailers), this will be his first appearance as Batman. So this does not create a “shared universe” feel. People still see this as a Batman that exists within the Man of Steel Universe, and not the Batman from the prior Batman solo films. Same goes with the other DC characters that will be appearing in this film.

This does not have the same feel and excitement as the Avengers movie the more I see the posters and watch the trailers.

I won’t be able to watch this on the first day of showing due to conflict of schedules. I’ll probably go watch this on the third day of showing (that’d be something like March 28th). Whether I’ll see this in IMAX I don’t know yet.

I hope Aquaman is the big bad in this movie as some rumors suggest. Before they’re able to convince him to become a Justice League member in the end (just as in the comic books).
    That would also mean that Doomsday was just something to throw people off the trail. And I do hope Batman and Superman deal with Doomsday first before their epic showdown with one another towards the end. It’s like “Okay let’s team up momentarily and deal with this bigger threat first, but you and I still have a score to settle later on” kind of thing.

Critics and fans a like a sawing the movie down at it's ankles. At the moment it's scoring only 30%!! at Rotten Tomatoes.
    The movie just don't live up to peoples expectations and Razor will be most likely be disappointed when he walks out from the movie theater based on what he wrote on the comment above...
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batm...pe=top_critics

IT'S HORRIBLE!
    Stay home.
    Save your money.
    Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Batman vs Superman Final Trailer.
    There's still only about 2 hours and 20 minutes or so to see of the movie if you count out the minutes they have shown in the trailers!

That's 2 hours and 20 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Deadline:
    Peter Bart: No ‘Deadpool’ Frivolity Here; Warner Bros Hopes Retro ‘Batman V Superman’ Becomes Growth Engine
    The key incentive was always products, not movies.

Collider:
    Zack Snyder Explains Why Batman Breaks His Big Rule in ‘Batman v Superman’
    It’s not a satisfying answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT GOLDBERG
    Speaking to HeyUGuys, Snyder gave his thoughts on why it’s okay to show Batman killing people:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack Snyder
    I tried to do it in a technical way. There’s a great YouTube video that shows all the kills in the Christopher Nolan movies even though we would perceive them as movies where he doesn’t kill anyone. I think there’s 42 potential kills that Batman does! Also, it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.

BMD:
    10 Questions BATMAN V SUPERMAN Left Me Asking
    Help me understand this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIN FARACI
    Plot holes on their own are not interesting. Most movies have leaps or lapses in logic, and when the film is otherwise entertaining, diverting and well-made you barely notice them. The momentum of a well-told story is able to get you over these small bumps.

But when a movie is poorly made, when the script is shoddy, when the characters lack motivation - all of these things, taken in totality, can outline the failures of a film in a very specific, tactile way. The failure of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is monumental, but it is also granular. It isn't that there's one particular thing wrong with the movie, it's that many things are wrong in many different ways. Some of those things are technical - the editing of the first half of the film is very bad, in an almost objective way - and some of these things are bigger picture, like mismanagement of tone or mutilating of characters. But when it comes to storytelling, BvS fails on multiple levels in many small ways, from lazy story construction to characters whose behavior makes no sense to beats that occur without cause and that are seemingly disconnected from the larger story.

Below are ten questions the film left me asking that outline the shape of some of the storytelling failure on display. There are major spoilers ahead. Some of these questions may be answerable, and not just in an apologetics way (ie, any explanation that begins "Maybe" is an apologia drawing from outside the text to fill gaps in the text), but I suspect most are not. At any rate, consider the comment thread below your spoiler-heavy post-release discussion zone.

Who Would Win in a Fight, Batman or Superman?
    Celebs and General Zod Weigh In
    Michael Shannon
    I’m so utterly unconcerned with the outcome of that fight. So profoundly, utterly unconcerned. I can’t even come up with a fake answer. I guess I have to root for Superman because he killed me, so I would hope that he would continue his killing spree and become like a serial killer Superman. That’s a new take on Superman. We’d all be in a heap of trouble if Superman was a serial killer. He could just wipe us all out. But then he’d be lonely.

Isn’t he already lonely?
    Well, we’re all lonely.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    IT'S HORRIBLE!
    Stay home.
    Save your money.

With all due respect...

They told me the same thing when "Transformers 1" came out, they told me the same thing when the sequels came out, they told me the same thing when "Armageddon" came out, they told me the same thing when "Dark Knight Rises", "Sphere" and "Watchmen" came out.

All movies that I ended up enjoying.

My point is this - it's wrong to force our own views and opinions about movies on other people. Go out there, watch the movie, decide for yourself. Don't let others tell you what to do or how to feel. In a way, it's just like food you're not familiar with, yet you're interested: you have to actually try it for yourself in order to know whether you like it or not. Because there's no other way to know for sure.

And it doesn't matter if the majority of the internet population likes or hates a certain movie. At all. It just creates an illusion that makes it look like all people feel the same. Which is simply not true.

Yes, "Batman v. Superman" received negative reviews from film critics and *some* fans, but it certainly doesn't mean that the entire moviegoing public feels the same way. For example, a friend of mine (a young director with a few short films under his belt) really liked the movie and even said that, in his opinion of course, it's one of the best superhero movies.

And his opinion is just as valid as the opinion of the person who thought the movie sucked donkey balls.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

‘Batman V Superman’ Takes A Dive With $51M-$56M Second Weekend – Friday Evening B.O. Update
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony D'Alessandro
    Well, those poor critical reviews and mixed word of mouth for Warner Bros.’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice are finally making a dent in the pic’s second weekend, with a revised FSS take tonight of $51M-$56M. At the low end, that’s a 69% drop. One industry estimate even has the DC superhero mashup at –oy– a 71% drop with $48M. All of this despite the fact that BvS has the weekend all to itself, without any new wide threats from the other major studios, plus the added benefit of 30% K-12 schools off, plus 9% colleges on break per ComScore. Fanboy and Fangirl films are always known to be front-loaded, particularly during an opening weekend, however, BvS could wind up registering as the biggest second weekend drop for a Marvel or DC superhero film, or at least matching the worst one to date posted by X-Men Origins: Wolverine at -69% in 2009. A year ago, the previous big Easter opener, Furious 7, declined from its then record opening of $147.2M to $59.6M, a -60% decline before finaling at $353M. Fox attempted to counter-program the Nicholas Sparks cowboy feature adaptation The Longest Ride with a $13M FSS, but that did little to fence F7 in.

Default Re: Man of Steel 2

Screen Rant 07/21/2017:
    Jane Goldman On Whether Matthew Vaughn Is Directing Man of Steel 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Braxter Timberlake
    Today, Screen Rant got the opportunity to sit down with screenwriter Jane Goldman as she promoted her upcoming film, Kingsman: The Golden Circle at this week’s San Diego Comic-Con. At the convention, she was asked about the possibility of her working with Vaughn once again on the developing sequel to Man of Steel.

“I know Matthew’s [Vaughn] a big Superman fan. Would I like to… I don’t know. I mean I’m not sure. I think Matthew’s looking at it from a directing point of view. I have no idea what’s happening there.”

She was then asked if she would take the opportunity to write the next Superman chapter:

“I’m not sure. There might already be a script for it. I think so… I’m not certain actually but it’s complicated with a character with that kind of history. Obviously X-Men have an equally complicated [history]… but Superman feels a lot more recent. He’s been brought to life in a new iteration – he means a lot to a lot of people and maybe there are other people with more a connection with Superman… but who knows.”