Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Default Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Default Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

How many cameos are they cramming into this Batman vs Superman film?

They should just call it Justice League Dawn of Justice.

But I assume they know that the names of Batman and Superman will sell tickets.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gabba View Post
    How many cameos are they cramming into this Batman vs Superman film?

They should just call it Justice League Dawn of Justice.

But I assume they know that the names of Batman and Superman will sell tickets.
    Maybe and yes JL Dawn of Justice would be a good title.

I fear this film is getting bloated with too many characters and there isn't enough screen time for all of them
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Newsarama @ SDCC 2014:
    WARNER BROS Studios Panel Live!
    WONDER WOMAN Revealed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Siegel
    And it was Superman. And Batman, it's concept art for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Batman in Gotham, Superman landing in front of him. Insane applause.

Zack Snyder took the stage and said, "Yeah, hey! How's it going? So we were shooting last night, I jumped on a plane to come here this morning. I couldn't be happier with the way everything is going. Normally when people come to these things, they bring SOME shots, SOME footage or something, but we're shooting righ tnow!"

"Okay, okay, we have a teeny little thing!"

And now a little teaser. It's raining, and Batman is in an armored suit. He turns on the bat signal. It looks STRAIGHT out of a Frank Miller drawing. THe Bat signal illuminates Superman hovering over him in the sky. His eyes start to glow red, and they zoom in on Batman staring him down. Huge applause.

"Also, I thought I'd bring a couple of my friends here." Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill took the stage. "Also we brought one other person, I brought our Wonder Woman," and Gal Gadot took the stage, and a shot of her as Wonder Woman was revealed!

They showed the footage one more time, to screams and applause.

Default Re: The Batman v. Superman: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!!

Why are they pushing for a Shazam with such persistence when they couldn't even give Flash his own solo movie all these years??

Flash is one of the BIG 5 JL members (the others of course Superman, Batman, WW, and GL). And they rather focus on Shazam? And Shazam is what? He's just a "magic" version of Superman. So practically there's no difference between him and Superman.

Ok Superman and Batman are regularly getting their movies done. Check.
    WW will appear in JL movie. Check.
    Green Lantern had his own movie, though it didn't work out. Well at least they tried. Check.

Now about Flash?

First picture of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

y74HKHY.jpg

I like the SDCC footage (I got to watch it on youtube).

This is going to be a great movie.

I also like this Batman. Not that I'm saying it's better than Christian Bale's Bats. They're both good in their respective ways. But this Bats look thicker and more masculine definitely.

Default Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Warner Bros Pics Dates DC Films
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Finke
    UPDATED:
    Oh ye of little faith. Granted, the dates don’t exactly line up with what I reported on June 12th but nearly everyone agrees that the titles are still right: Batman v Superman, Shazam, Sandman, Justice League, Wonder Woman, Flash And Green Lantern (team-up), Man Of Steel 2 in that order. (There had been talk of a Metal Men and Suicide Squad movie but that project fell off the schedule I received back then.) It turned out that Warner Bros Pictures and DC Entertainment weren’t ready by Comic-Con to announce the future schedule. In the meantime, they’ve have had the benefit of learning Marvel’s future movie schedule. Today, Warner Bros Pictures announced that Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice moves from May 6, 2016 to March 25, 2016, to avoid Marvel’s Captain America 3. Because we all know the cinematic superhero universe would end if those blockbusters battled against each other.

The WB sked looks like this:

• March 25, 2016 – Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice
      August 5, 2016 – Untitled DC Film
      June 23, 2017 – Untitled DC Film
      November 17, 2017 – Untitled DC Film
      March 23, 2018 – Untitled DC Film
      May 25, 2018 – Untitled Lego Movie
      July 27, 2018 – Untitled DC Film
      November 16, 2018 – Untitled WB Event Film
      April 5, 2019 – Untitled DC Film
      May 24, 2019 – Untitled Lego film
      June 14, 2019 – Untitled DC Film
      April 3, 2020 – Untitled DC Film
      June 19, 2020 – Untitled DC Film
      November 20, 2020 – Untitled WB Event Film

And Marvel’s schedule is here:

• May 1, 2015 – The Avengers: Age of Ultron
      July 17, 2015 - Ant-Man
      May 6, 2016 - Captain America 3
      July 8, 2016 - Doctor Strange
      May 5, 2017 – Untitled Marvel film
      July 28, 2017 - Guardians Of The Galaxy 2
      November 3, 2017 – Untitled Marvel film
      May 4, 2018 – Untitled Marvel film
      July 6, 2018 – Untitled Marvel film
      November 2, 2018 – Untitled Marvel film
      May 3, 2019 – Untitled Marvel film

RUMOR: BvS's 1st Teaser Trailer Coming Soon?
    THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES is being released on December 17, 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill "Jett" Ramey
    One of the questions I get asked A LOT is…

“Hey Jett, when do you think we’ll see the first teaser trailer for BATMAN v SUPERMAN?”

Based on the date of the film’s release – March 25, 2016 – and their recent history with their DC film projects (“The Dark Knight Trilogy,” MAN OF STEEL), I figured the first BvS teaser would come sometime during the Spring of 2015 – a year before the film is released.

However, it looks as if my assumption might be wrong.

According to a few of BOF’s BvS insiders, the first teaser trailer for the film is complete and ready to go. The overt hint I got from these folks is that the teaser will be revealed this Fall along with a November or December film release (and online, of course). I have no idea to which specific film it may be “attached,” but New Line’s (which is Warner Bros.’ sister company) THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES is being released on December 17, 2014.

Batman has been spotted on the set of Suicide Squad. It is the same Batman as the one in Batman v Superman because it is sporting the very same batmobile and bat costume.

Let us see how this shared universe is gonna work out. I think DC leaked the set photos by purpose to generate hype for Suicide Squad. Now that Batman is in it (at least in part if not whole) it changes everything. The mainstream Superhero fans and all that are gonna want to watch this now.

My thoughts on the brand new Batman vs Superman trailer

The Good: It is looking good
    The Bad: They gave away too much -- and I mean major plot points

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    My thoughts on the brand new Batman vs Superman trailer

The Good: It is looking good
    The Bad: They gave away too much -- and I mean major plot points

This shit has been going on since the 80s. Directors need to take back control of the trailers for their movies.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

I'm actually glad they showed what they did. They needed to show what the consequences were from the Metropolis battle, and why Batman would want to fight Superman. This trailer really eased some of the fears I had, including the Ben Affleck casting.

The only complaint from me is Lex Luthor. I HATE JESSIE EISENBERG.

Should we expect Big SURPRISES?

Story-wise I think there will be some twists that we will only get to know when we go watch the movie.

Character-wise? Will there be a secret villain in the end?? Is Luthor experimenting on some secret villain? Because the trailer showed someone tinkering with General Zod's corpse. Was it not Luthor?

I think the biggest surprise character-wise is if Arrow star Stephen Amell makes a cameo as his character Arrow in the movie.

NEW TV SPOT

My feeling is that this is some kind of a dream sequence (of Bruce Wayne).

Don't think that's a dream sequence. That's the scene where Superman uses Batman as a punching bag like boxers use. Then he just leaves Batman hanging there half dead.
    New full length trailer coming tomorrow!

Exciting times is it not?

Great movies within a few months apart. Begins with Star Wars this month.

So the New Trailer came out a couple of days ago. And I had mixed feelings.

First let me make it very clear -- and I'm sure many will agree -- that this will not be a bad or an average movie. At the very least this will be a Good movie. Because it is Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen. So it will be explosive in that sense.

The question is whether this will be Great or Excellent, or surpass the level of say Avengers. The latter kind of like the biggest question mark. Because Batman v Superman is technically DC's first Justice League movie where all their big heroes come together and get to know each other for the first time.
    So far the super villain reveal in the new trailer wasn't much of a surprise. We've known for a while that Lex has Zod's corpse and he's cooking something big! Even though they did not say in the trailer that the super villain was Doomsday, many believe that it was indeed Doomsday. If so it's a disappointment that he's not getting the dedicated screen time he'd likely get if he were to be used as villain in a solo Man of Steel sequel.

And there wasn't really much of a surprise in the trailer overall. Like there was no Wow factor in it. And Doomsday has become an object of ridicule since he kind of look like Abomination from the Hulk movie. Some even say he looks kind of like a cross between Abomination and the new live action Ninja Turtles! I couldn't agree more!

The more I look at things the more I am beginning to see THAT THIS IS NOT DC'S "AVENGERS." THIS IS DC'S X-MEN!!

Avengers started as solo movies for each character. Then the formation. That was what created the intensity.

On the contrary X-men started with the characters already as a 'team' from the get go. Before the solo spin offs (like the Wolverine and Deadpool solo movies and etc).

So they're opposites.

Now let's take a look at DC's path here with their movies. People talk about how Justice League is DC's version of the Avengers and so on. But the formula they're applying is actually the "X-Men" formula. Starting right away with a team movie BEFORE the solo spin off films. Hence this is actually DC's X-Men.
    And this formula does not create the same level of intensity as the Avengers movie. When you start off right away with a 'team' movie, the intensity is gone. So I would say this can be as successful as the X-men films, but not the Avengers.

Looks very nice.

Affleck has won us over as Batman as he could be on par with Keaton.

I'm not excited about this movie anymore. I just feel that we've been shown way too much at this point. Yeah it's one of those movies I'll still go watch because hey it's a big movie. But the excitement level kind of died off.

One reviewer on youtube kind of said it best when he said its sad how DC is trying to catch up with Marvel that they're so desperate even with their trailers and they kind of make the mistake of revealing too much before the movie.