Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Default Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    For the love of God...

You know you would make a great Criminal Defense Attorney.
    You would make a great horse's ass. Again, either quit cherry-picking little segments of my posts to respond to or just admit you don't have a leg to stand on and you're grasping for any straw you think you can reach.

At least Batman didn't murder any real world kids.

Now Superman -- you have no idea how many kids jumped to their deaths from rooftops because they thought they could 'fly' like their hero! That's what Superman books do to kids. You don't believe me? Google it.
    How in the Holy Hell can a Fictional Character Murder someone? Seriously?

You can't use that argument solely for Superman because Kids have been doing that stuff long before Superman even existed. Even today, you have kids emulating what they see in Movies, TV and Comics. Don't believe me? The WWE Have warning during their programs warning kids not to try what they see at home because Kids are acting out what they see in Wrestling. No Superman there--Unless you count Super Cena. I can still remember the the Show Mighty Morphen Power Rangers having to do something similar because Kids were kicking the shit out of each other on the play ground and at home. Don't think for a second than Kids haven't tried to act like Batman, some kid out there is naive enough to do it. Don't think for a moment that it's safe either as Batman Kicks the shit out of people too.

You can not blame what Kids do on a Fictional Character, blame it on Parents who didn't sit their kids down and explain the difference between Make believe and real.
    Now people -- real world people, dream of becoming billionaires, like Bruce Wayne. Not blue spandex and red underwears!
    Take it away, Spoony:

Everybody Fantasizes about being a Billionaire, but only a selected few actually become billionaires. For the Majority of us it's about as Far from reality as someone dressing up as a Bat and fighting crime, or someone from another planet dressed in blue with a red cape.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

YAWN @ Krypto

@ MrX

"Only a select few becoming Billionaires" does not translate to "its impossible."

We've seen billionaires and we know it happens in the real world. Its realistic although extremely hard to achieve. But not impossible.

But human beings cannot fly like Superman or fire laser out of the eyes. Everything about Superman is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve for a human being. We've never seen a real world Kryptonian or whatever you call his kind. Therefore what is the aim of Superman publications? It is anti-educational in every sense. Not something I would advice kids to read.

YAWN @ Krypto

@ MrX

"Only a select few becoming Billionaires" does not translate to "its impossible."

We've seen billionaires and we know it happens in the real world. Its realistic although extremely hard to achieve. But not impossible.

But human beings cannot fly like Superman or fire laser out of the eyes. Everything about Superman is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve for a human being. We've never seen a real world Kryptonian or whatever you call his kind. Therefore what is the aim of Superman publications? It is anti-educational in every sense. Not something I would advice kids to read.
    You're comparing things that aren't even in the same category (for lack of a better word). Bruce Wayne is a billionaire, sure. Clark Kent is a journalist. THAT is what belongs on the other side of that coin.

And if you're trying to argue that fantasy elements render something anti-educational, what does that say about Transformers? We've never seen a real world Autobot either. What is the aim of the Transformers films?

Every hypocrite, nonsensical, straw man argument you make is laughably easy to shoot down.

@ MrX

It's not a realistic Goal Either.

But human beings cannot fly like Superman
    Not yet.

or fire laser out of the eyes.
    Heat Vision

Everything about Superman is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve for a human being.
    And I suppose everything Batman has is possible? 90% of his Gadgets wouldn't even work in real life. In real life if you dressed up in a Costume and Fought crime you'd be arrested as a vigilante.

We've never seen a real world Kryptonian or whatever you call his kind.
    I've never seen Sasquatch either.

Therefore what is the aim of Superman publications? It is anti-educational in every sense. Not something I would advice kids to read.
    Neither Superman or Batman would exist in the real world. That's why they are in comic books. Don't give me that anti-educational card. Batman is not an educational character. Neither is Superman. The Aim of the Superman publications is the same as Batman and every other comic out there--to Entertain. Comics are an escape from reality. When I read the Incredible Hulk I don't think "this is Impossible! The Radiation would've Killed him. Blah, Blah, Blah." I suspend my disbelief. Same with Batman. By all rights the things Batman does would've crippled him a long time ago, but I don't think of that when I read the comic or watch the movie (1989 film the best).

Superman Might have Superhuman Powers but he never considers himself superior. Batman Said it best:

It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then... he shoots fire from the skies and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him. -- Batman

Superman and Batman are like yen and Yang. There's a reason why when they are together they are called The World's Finest. This Comic Book Page says it all on the relationship between the two.
    Dfy3q.jpg
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post
    You're comparing things that aren't even in the same category (for lack of a better word). Bruce Wayne is a billionaire, sure. Clark Kent is a journalist. THAT is what belongs on the other side of that coin.

And if you're trying to argue that fantasy elements render something anti-educational, what does that say about Transformers? We've never seen a real world Autobot either. What is the aim of the Transformers films?

Every hypocrite, nonsensical, straw man argument you make is laughably easy to shoot down.
    Well the Transformers movie franchise is a good advertising medium for the car companies involved. And thats cool. Its actually a unique change from the usual "racing movies" that car companies use as advertising medium.

Now with Superman I dont know what they're advertising. Maybe red underwear??

Well the Transformers movie franchise is a good advertising medium for the car companies involved. And thats cool. Its actually a unique change from the usual "racing movies" that car companies use as advertising medium.

My response:

Well, Nothing unless you count all the product placement in Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Well, Nothing unless you count all the product placement in Man of Steel.
    Oh yes, yes. That rusty old truck in Smallville yeah!

I'll tell you what REAL product placement is...

Tony Stark rolling in on a Audi sports car (Iron man/Avengers)

Steve Rogers on a Harley Davidson (Captain America)

SHIELD agents arriving in Acuras (Avengers)

Bruce Wayne driving Lamborghinis and riding an MV Agusta sportsbike (TDK)

Want me to go on?

Oh yes, yes. That rusty old truck in Smallville yeah!

I'll tell you what REAL product placement is...

Tony Stark rolling in on a Audi sports car (Iron man/Avengers)

Steve Rogers on a Harley Davidson (Captain America)

SHIELD agents arriving in Acuras (Avengers)

Bruce Wayne driving Lamborghinis and riding an MV Agusta sportsbike (TDK)

Want me to go on?
    No, I'm talking about the Ridiculous amount of Product Placement in the Movie Man of Steel. $170 million dollars worth. They weren't even subtle about it, it was right there in your face almost all the time.

Sears, IHOP, Nokia, Ram Trucks? All over the freakin' place in Man of Steel.

As Trailbreaker posted above, Zack Snyder has revealed the first picture of Ben Affleck as Batman.
    Here's a link where you can enlarge the picture. Suit looks cool except for the bat on the chest. Why is the bat so fat?
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118184

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    As Trailbreaker posted above, Zack Snyder has revealed the first picture of Ben Affleck as Batman.
    Here's a link where you can enlarge the picture. Suit looks cool except for the bat on the chest. Why is the bat so fat?
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118184
    I think its a throwback to the old Dark Knight comics.

I'm in love with that Batmobile though.

Awesome!

Ed Fuego
    "can you ban people who put other members quotes in their sig? if that is not a tell all sign that a person is going to be annoying i don't know what is."
    - thegreat

Better than I thought it be. Probably the best looking Batman Costume since the 89 film. Hope he doesn't go with the Bale voice.

I hope we'll eventually get a color photograph. As much as I like the suit (I mean c'mon, fact that it looks like it came right out of the comics is already a plus), the fact that the photograph is black and white makes it hard to tell whether or not the fabric is black or a dark grey (or whether or not the cowl and cape is black or a dark blu-ish color).

batmanarkham.jpg

looks a lot like this. maybe turn that yellow utility belt black/dark grey.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.

Way cooler than I had expected.

Though it will still feel different I'm sure when we see the colored version.

I can't wait to see the new Batmobile as a whole. I loved the Nolan Bats Trilogy except for the Batmobile which was really stupid because it had "exposed" wheels on the front which kinda takes away any protection to the tires from incoming projectiles.

The costume looks based on Frank Miller's take

Yup, the short ears definitely shows that Frank Miller's version had an influence.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltagePrimus View Post
    Yup, the short ears definitely shows that Frank Miller's version had an influence.
    Not really. He's had short ears since Bob Kane was still drawing him in the 40s. Even the early 40s. That said Miller's version is a clear influence, but I wouldn't say it's the only one.

I really can't believe that they actually stuck to the title of Batman vs Superman...well actually Batman v Superman. Not even a "vs"???. I don't know how I feel about it. The subtitle is okay though.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ba...ce-1201188157/

bvs.jpg
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Default Batman v. Superman: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!!

Kevin Smith Says Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Is The Beginning Of One Massive Justice League Story Spanning Five Or Six Movies
    This is certainly is one way to differentiate these heroes from the way Marvel have been successfully setting up their shared cinematic universe.

Sounds good