Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Default Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    It is true that Thor can't fly without his hammer. But that's not even a problem considering that his hammer cannot be stolen (because nobody other than him can lift it), and he can summon it wherever he is.
    Did you skip the part I mentioned where all of that is irrelevant anyway because Thor is magic and Superman is vulnerable against magic? I'm actually giving you a good point you could use in an argument between a Thor/Superman fight and you're really going to just ignore it in favor of the "his hammer cannot be stolen" lame duck? I call it a lame duck because other people have lifted it many times.

You know the ONLY thing I like about Superman?? His evil counterpart from an alternate universe -- Ultraman!!
    Attachment 6996

Ultraman is what a super-duper being should be. Which is to control the universe! To rule with an Iron Fist!
    Yeah, I get it, you don't like Superman.

At least he's no hypocrite.
    He's a mass-murdering psycho, but if you can overlook that because "he's no hypocrite" then it's no wonder you don't like Superman.

Speaking of hypocrisy, you're clearly a Batcult member. Can you explain why, in Nolan's films, Batman AKA "Mr. Not-An-Executioner" would allow Ra's, his former friend and mentor, to die in a train crash he deliberately manufactured, then in the next film save the Joker, the man responsible for the death of the woman he loved, from falling to his death? Also, since when did "boobs" become a reasonable excuse to get away with murder? As in, why did he run off and have a fairy tale ending with the woman who killed Bane after previously scolding Harvey Dent for yelling at a guy and fake-threatening him?

I suppose there's a case to be made that Batman is flawed and makes mistakes, it's human nature, blah blah blah, but they never address any of this in the films, so it seems to me like they just...didn't give a shit about consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post
    He's a mass-murdering psycho, but if you can overlook that because "he's no hypocrite" then it's no wonder you don't like Superman.
    Who WOULDN'T? WHO WOULDN'T??

To be on top of the 'food chain' so to speak, killing is inevitable. Sharks kill scores of marine lives and that's why they are the Rulers of the Sea. Lions kill scores of wild lives and that's why they are the Kings of the Jungle.

Humans are no different. Governments are no different.

The only time you try to be 'politically correct' and play 'nice' is if or when there are Opposing Powers. But when you are as strong as Superman, WHO or WHAT is there to oppose you??! Why is there a need to pretend and be politically nice? Everything is right in front of you for the taking!!

Speaking of hypocrisy, you're clearly a Batcult member. Can you explain why, in Nolan's films, Batman AKA "Mr. Not-An-Executioner" would allow Ra's, his former friend and mentor, to die in a train crash he deliberately manufactured, then in the next film save the Joker, the man responsible for the death of the woman he loved, from falling to his death? Also, since when did "boobs" become a reasonable excuse to get away with murder? As in, why did he run off and have a fairy tale ending with the woman who killed Bane after previously scolding Harvey Dent for yelling at a guy and fake-threatening him?

I suppose there's a case to be made that Batman is flawed and makes mistakes, it's human nature, blah blah blah, but they never address any of this in the films, so it seems to me like they just...didn't give a shit about consistency.
    Ra trained Bats. He's better gone than alive. He's a bigger threat than the Joker.

I'm going to take that complete lack of compelling argument as you calling it quits, and declare myself victorious.

ANYWAY, back on track. The Batman costume: briefs or no briefs? Lenses or no lenses? Yellow oval or solid black bat?

The Batman costume: briefs or no briefs? Lenses or no lenses? Yellow oval or solid black bat?
    Briefs: Eh, I'm not sure about this one yet. Superman doesn't have them in this universe, so I don't see why Batman should have them either. If they do have them, they really have to make them not look silly.

Yellow oval: I say go for it. Maybe make it darker and more gold in color rather than yellow.

Lenses: Yes, but a little more subtle compared to the ones used in The Dark Knight.

Oh, and I found this on Google Images. Seriously, I don't know what people are so worried about. One thing's for sure, I can totally picture Mr. Affleck as Bruce Wayne.

tumblr_ms0reffleY1rn9rlko1_500.jpg

I'm going to take that complete lack of compelling argument as you calling it quits, and declare myself victorious.
    Jezuz Christ! SERIOUSLY??

Your whole Ultraman thing and the whole selfishness of humans and governments and what not had absolutely little to do with whether or not Batman or Superman would win in a fight, and it was a clear indicator that you no longer have anything to offer to settle this debate, so you decided to go off into a tangent. But I'm going to reply to what you said before because you're just too much fun...(while trying to bring it back to the main point of this discussion. I'm done after this, because I wanna freakin' talk about suits.)

Humans are no different. Governments are no different.
    SUPERMAN is different. That's what makes him so amazing. He has all of these powers and can practically do anything, but he uses them for the betterment of humanity and never for personal gain. In the words of the Dark Knight himself...

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman, Superman/Batman #3

Superman exists as a symbol of hope, that that power and corruption are not always mutually exclusive. I don't see any hypocrisy in that.

I see now why some people dislike Superman so much. He's a contradiction to their cynical worldview. They have such difficulty comprehending the fact that some people do good things because it is simply the right thing to do, even when they have all the power in the world. Hell, The Dark freakin' Knight addressed this during the Joker's little social experiment. Let me again quote the Caped Crusader himself...

"Who are you trying to prove? That deep down everyone is just as ugly as you? You're alone!"
    -Batman to the Joker, The Dark Knight

It really says something when Batman of all people, despite his use of fear and intimidation, is capable as having the same faith in humanity as Superman. That's what makes him such a compelling character. It's why I'm looking forward to seeing him and Superman team up and kick ass together (and not fight each other).

So yeah, how about that suit? Hoping for a more classic look.

@ swish

PLEASE no more recycled villains! There are a bunch of other Bats villains in the comic books that would be interesting to see in movie form -- Killer Croc or Man-Bat would really kick a$$ when done in CGI

Attachment 6844

Attachment 6845

The ONLY problem I see with Killer Croc, is that it would be too reminiscent of the villain Lizard in the Amazing Spider-man movie. And some fans who doesn't know the character may think it's a ripoff.

Man Bat however is a different story. It could really work out well in the movie verse. And then the story could lead to the introduction of the Vampire Bat!
    Man-Bat or Clayface would be awesome

Well Wonder Woman is officially in the movie! She's going to be played by Gal Gadot, who was in Fast Five. I'm excited to see how she approaches this character.

http://batman-news.com/2013/12/04/ga...n-vs-superman/
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Two things Josh Brolin doesn't want to be: boring and Batman
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Whipp
    [Laughs] At least 50. My brother just sent me an episode of my dad doing "Batman" when he was like 26. He was a cop and he was going to give Batman a ticket. I laughed my ... off!

Wasn't your mom a casting director on "Batman"?

That's where they met. My dad's manager was a friend of my mom's and said to my dad, "You should meet this chick." And 12 days later, they were married — 12 days!

Geez ... that's another reason you should have been Batman.

Yeah, I didn't even put that together. That whole thing was weird. You read stuff like, "I wish Ben Affleck would die." It's Armageddon because he's going to play Batman. What's happening? You can't listen to any of it. It's like a kid in a cereal aisle screaming, "I want Froot Loops!" You just let him have his tantrum and scream it out.

Were you interested in the role?

What I liked was the logline: "An older, grizzly Batman ..." That was interesting to me. I haven't seen that. They've taken the one age and elongated it and franchised it as much as possible. Forget the director, I like the idea of this being a grizzled, wiser mentor type. Then it became not interesting to me. But I'll still watch it to see how grizzled Affleck turns out.

Who knows, you could still play a get-off-my-lawn Batman someday.

Yes! I'm waiting to play the really grizzled old Batman when I'm 70.

So apparently Ben Affleck injured his leg while training for his Batman role and production of the film has been pushed back 6 weeks. Not too good.

Christian Bale FTW!

Christian Bale FTW!
    Bale? Guy's got nothing on Adam West.

Movie isn't coming out until 2016 now. Actually, it's a good move to push it back because there's too many huge blockbusters set to release in 2015 so it'll bring in good revenue.

Well then, that's a surprise. Oh well, hopefully it will get more wiggle room. 2015 is already way too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Well then, that's a surprise. Oh well, hopefully it will get more wiggle room. 2015 is already way too crowded.
    Yeah, it seems like every day now there's some huge new movie getting a spot in 2015. I don't know about you guys, but it looks to me like 2015 could be a blockbuster bloodbath.

Yeah, it seems like every day now there's some huge new movie getting a spot in 2015. I don't know about you guys, but it looks to me like 2015 could be a blockbuster bloodbath.
    Blockbuster bloodbath? Naa, I don't know about that. It's only gonna be The Avengers 2, F & F 7, SW Episode: VII, Terminator: Genesis, Jurassic World, Assassin's Creed, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Hunger Games (3), Bond 24, M:I 5, Snow White & The Huntsman 2 and Ted 2 and so on and so on...

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?yea...moviemeter,asc

Fox Pilot ‘The Middle Man’ On Pause As Ben Affleck Becomes Unavailable To Direct
    Quote Originally Posted by NELLIE ANDREEVA
    Blame it on Batman. There has been a change in plans for Fox’s high profile drama project The Middle Man, which has a pilot order and has been on track to series under Fox’s new development model. Oscar winner Ben Affleck, who was set to helm in his pilot directing debut, had to pull out because of scheduling issues with Zack Snyder’s Batman vs. Superman movie, in which Affleck plays Batman. While Warner Bros. recently pushed the release date for the movie from 2015 to 2016, word is that production is not being delayed and the main players have been summoned to start work right away.

Jesse Eisenberg is Lex Luthor. Jeremy Irons is Alfred Pennyworth.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/je...ed-1201079902/

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Jesse Eisenberg is Lex Luthor. Jeremy Irons is Alfred Pennyworth.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/je...ed-1201079902/
    Jeremy Irons is a good choice.

Lololololololol @ Jesse fuckin' Eisenberg......haha okay.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    Lololololololol @ Jesse fuckin' Eisenberg......haha okay.
    He's a capable actor, about the same age as Henry Cavill (and the notion of Superman and Luthor being the same age is a valid interpretation). Luthor's primary threat isn't his body, it's his cold, calculating intellect. Eisenberg has demonstrated that he's capable of conveying this.

I'm open to it.

This whole Lex thing is why DC is continuing to fail. We're talking about this super-duper strong alien guy who has difficulty beating this human being all his life! Can't we move on now??

I'm so looking forward to Amazing Spider-Man 2! Because Spider-Man will be fighting 3 SUPER villains in it -- The Rhino, The Green Goblin, and of course Electro! Do you see the difference now? Now you get the picture why Marvel is winning. Because they make EXCITING match ups!

And if you think Spider-Man fighting 3 SUPER Villains in one flick is not enough... wait till we get Amazing Spider-Man 3... because the Sinister Six have already been hinted in Amazing Spider-Man 2 as can be seen in this trailer grab...
    http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimage...ey_doc_ock.gif

This whole Lex thing is why DC is continuing to fail. We're talking about this super-duper strong alien guy who has difficulty beating this human being all his life! Can't we move on now??
    So wait. Let me get this straight. You can't buy it that Superman would be regularly challenged by a mere human who happens to be a billionaire, a corporate giant, and a genius intellect named Lex Luthor, but you totally support the idea that Superman is regularly challenged by a mere human who happens to be a billionaire, a corporate giant, and a genius intellect named Bruce Wayne?

The only thing evidenced here is your continued willful ignorance toward Superman and your hypocrisy toward him and the characters that surround him.

This is the perfect reaction to Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

I'm so looking forward to Amazing Spider-Man 2! Because Spider-Man will be fighting 3 SUPER villains in it -- The Rhino, The Green Goblin, and of course Electro! Do you see the difference now? Now you get the picture why Marvel is winning. Because they make EXCITING match ups!

And if you think Spider-Man fighting 3 SUPER Villains in one flick is not enough... wait till we get Amazing Spider-Man 3... because the Sinister Six have already been hinted in Amazing Spider-Man 2 as can be seen in this trailer grab...
    http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimage...ey_doc_ock.gif
    ..........People raised hell and complained that Spiderman 3 had too many villians. This reboot has just as many, yet everyone is okay with that.......Gimme a break.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    This is the perfect reaction to Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

I can't tell if it's a hilarious parody video or a sad genuine video.