Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Default Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    So any of you think that Superman still stand a chance against Batman who's wearing a Green Lantern ring?
    Yes.

So any of you think that Superman still stand a chance against Batman who's wearing a Green Lantern ring?
    Possibly, but not everyone can wear a GL ring. Only certain individuals can wear them. Like if Batman were to wear Hal Jordan's ring nothing would happen.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Pic of the day

Batman-The-Dark-Knight-Returns-4-1986.jpg

I'm sorry, Super-WHAT?

I am a bit surprised that nobody has posted this before. This proves that WB had the Superman-Batman movie already in mind in 2006-2007 when they shot I Am Legend. I took them only a couple of years to figure it out how to do the movie in real life!
    maxresdefault.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Possibly, but not everyone can wear a GL ring. Only certain individuals can wear them. Like if Batman were to wear Hal Jordan's ring nothing would happen.
    Well in the comic books a Yellow Lantern ring (the Power of Fear) searched it's way to and chose Batman as it's wielder. Because it detected Batman's incredible ability to instill Fear into his enemies.

But Batman being a 'good guy,' and being friends with the Green Lantern, didn't want anything to do with the Yellow ring and forced it off his finger!

Batman_Sinestro_Corps_01.jpg

But if Batman had decided to become one with the Yellow Lantern ring, I think he would have mopped the floor in the Batcave with Superman on a daily basis.

Well in the comic books a Yellow Lantern ring (the Power of Fear) searched it's way to and chose Batman as it's wielder. Because it detected Batman's incredible ability to instill Fear into his enemies.

But Batman being a 'good guy,' and being friends with the Green Lantern, didn't want anything to do with the Yellow ring and forced it off his finger!

Batman_Sinestro_Corps_01.jpg

But if Batman had decided to become one with the Yellow Lantern ring, I think he would have mopped the floor in the Batcave with Superman on a daily basis.
    A lantern is far below the power level of Superman.

Batman with a Green Lantern ring wouldn't be Batman. He would be a Green Lantern named Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Batman with a Green Lantern ring wouldn't be Batman. He would be a Green Lantern named Bruce Wayne.
    Not True at all.

Why?

Here's why...

Bruce Wayne/Batman is well trained in the art of Ninja. Sure if he is in Green Lantern mode he would be a Green Lantern as much as any other Lantern. But let's not forget that a Green Lantern ring needs to be recharged from time to time or it will ran out of power. This is where Batman's advantage to any other Green Lantern comes in! If his ring ran out of power, he's still no ordinary human being! His ninja skills and various bat gadgets still come into play.

Not True at all.

Why?

Here's why...

Bruce Wayne/Batman is well trained in the art of Ninja. Sure if he is in Green Lantern mode he would be a Green Lantern as much as any other Lantern. But let's not forget that a Green Lantern ring needs to be recharged from time to time or it will ran out of power. This is where Batman's advantage to any other Green Lantern comes in! If his ring ran out of power, he's still no ordinary human being! His ninja skills and various bat gadgets still come into play.
    Gadgets he would never need as long as he was smart enough to keep his ring charged, which he would certainly do if he was as smart as you think he is.

Of course all of this becomes irrelevant when one considers that Superman is capable of breaking ring constructs, making the entire concept a moot point. Whether he's a Green Lantern or not, Superman would still defeat him in an unbiased fight.

You know what is debate boils down to? The only way Batman can Beat Superman is if he Cheats. He Has to have Kryptonite, or a GL Ring or some other thing to help him. One on One, Human vs Kryptonian, Batman would lose before his brain can even register that he's lost. In Man of Steel Superman took out a Gravity Engine. Take out Superman and insert Batman and you get Bat-Paste.

What's important is not the powers or skills, it the personalities of these two Characters. Though their methods are different, the ultimate goals are the same. I'd Rather see Batman and Superman work together, side by side, just like they do in the comics.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    I'd Rather see Batman and Superman work together, side by side, just like they do in the comics.
    Exactly.

@ horror
    If they were locked in a Death Match, where nobody leaves until there is a victor, a GL would eventually ran out of ring charge.

@ mrx
    How is the use of Kryptonite considered a cheat? Its Supes' legit weakness so it's legit for Bats to exploit.

@ horror
    If they were locked in a Death Match, where nobody leaves until there is a victor, a GL would eventually ran out of ring charge.

@ mrx
    How is the use of Kryptonite considered a cheat? Its Supes' legit weakness so it's legit for Bats to exploit.
    The idea of "a weakness" is silly though. Okay, Superman is vulnerable against Kryptonite, magic, whatever. Batman? Batman's vulnerable against damn near everything.

If Batman and Superman were locked in a Death Match, Superman could take out Batman in less than five seconds. Run/fly around him in circles really fast and freeze him with his super breath at the same time, then smash him to pieces or just throw him into the sun. The only reason any fight between them has ever ended up in a draw is because writers don't want to piss off high-and-mighty Batman fans with the cold hard truth that Batman wouldn't stand a chance against him in a realistic confrontation.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post
    The idea of "a weakness" is silly though. Okay, Superman is vulnerable against Kryptonite, magic, whatever. Batman? Batman's vulnerable against damn near everything.

If Batman and Superman were locked in a Death Match, Superman could take out Batman in less than five seconds. Run/fly around him in circles really fast and freeze him with his super breath at the same time, then smash him to pieces or just throw him into the sun. The only reason any fight between them has ever ended up in a draw is because writers don't want to piss off high-and-mighty Batman fans with the cold hard truth that Batman wouldn't stand a chance against him in a realistic confrontation.
    If I remember correctly Bats' costume comes with heater.

Supes has too many weaknesses. Apart from the obvious weakness to Kryptonite, he also can't see through anything laced with Lead. Also, his weakness for Louis Lane means that Batman could kidnap Louis and torment Superman with that.

Actually I think Thor is even stronger than Superman. Sure Thor doesn't have xray vision or heat vision. But he doesn't have kryptonite weakness. And he pretty much have everything else that Supes has -- flight, super strength and durability and agility.

If I remember correctly Bats' costume comes with heater.
    But can he thaw himself out in the amount of time it would take for Superman to break him into pieces or throw him into the sun?

Supes has too many weaknesses. Apart from the obvious weakness to Kryptonite, he also can't see through anything laced with Lead. Also, his weakness for Louis Lane means that Batman could kidnap Louis and torment Superman with that.
    First of all, who the heck is Louis Lane? Second of all, Batman's got more than Superman. He's actually human. With Superman, you might be able to count the things he's vulnerable against on one hand, MAYBE two. With Batman, you could write a whole book full. And really, doesn't Batman have the same "weakness" when it comes to saving lives? Couldn't Superman kidnap Catwoman, or one of his many Robins, or really anyone, and torment Batman with that?

Actually I think Thor is even stronger than Superman. Sure Thor doesn't have xray vision or heat vision. But he doesn't have kryptonite weakness. And he pretty much have everything else that Supes has -- flight, super strength and durability and agility.
    Thor can't fly without his hammer, but all that other stuff becomes kind of a moot point when you realize Superman's vulnerable against magic, which Thor definitely is. Which is why I've always said that if Superman went rogue, the people to contact would probably be Doctor Fate or Zatanna, or the somehow the Spectre. That's not to say Superman's totally weak against them, but they have a gigantic advantage over him that someone like Batman does not have.

It is true that Thor can't fly without his hammer. But that's not even a problem considering that his hammer cannot be stolen (because nobody other than him can lift it), and he can summon it wherever he is.

You know the ONLY thing I like about Superman?? His evil counterpart from an alternate universe -- Ultraman!!
    Forever_Evil_Vol_1_1_Ultraman_Variant.jpg

Ultraman is what a super-duper being should be. Which is to control the universe! To rule with an Iron Fist! At least he's no hypocrite.

Man, I hope Ben Affleck will give Batman a normal voice in this one. The last thing we need is shit like "WHERSH DA TRIGGAH? WHERE ISSHIT?!!!"

So Nightwing might be in the movie.

http://batman-news.com/2013/11/08/ad...n-vs-superman/

That's cool I guess, but I think they need to keep in mind that it's a Man of Steel sequel...not a Batman reboot. I mean it already looks like Batman is gonna steal the show in the Lego movie coming out. They're also thinking about putting Wonder Woman in. Now THAT would be interesting.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

So, the new Batman suit is gonna be something we've never seen in a movie before.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111267

This got me thinking, and somehow this was the first thing that popped up in my mind.
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...it_(GTASA).jpg

1.Batman could never beat Superman and if you start giving batman things like a green lantern ring or his suit then you have to take into account the fact that Superman could be at his best aswell eg. Superman Prime or All Star Superman where he gets supercharged by a Solar Flare and even becomes immune to kryptonite either way Superman always wins

2. For a Superman/Batman movie to work I think they need a huge super villain who at first either defeats Superman or Batman which causes them to have to get help I also think they need to reference where superman was during the dark knight trilogy too

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Rodimus84 View Post
    I also think they need to reference where superman was during the dark knight trilogy too
    That's not going to happen because The Dark Knight Trilogy is a completely separate continuity from the Man of Steel canon. There's no connection between the two series. Batman is getting rebooted for this movie.

I heard they r planning to connect the Arrow (tv series) universe to the Man of Steel (film) universe. I always felt like they would do that, and now theres a rumor about that possibility. Thats good news if pushes through, because that would mean Green Arrow is now readily available for use in DC films. They need as much heroes to make Justice League film happen. Also, Marvel too has a tv series (Agents of SHIELD) that ties into their film (Avengers). So this is a good counter move by DC.

I heard they r planning to connect the Arrow (tv series) universe to the Man of Steel (film) universe. I always felt like they would do that, and now theres a rumor about that possibility. Thats good news if pushes through, because that would mean Green Arrow is now readily available for use in DC films. They need as much heroes to make Justice League film happen. Also, Marvel too has a tv series (Agents of SHIELD) that ties into their film (Avengers). So this is a good counter move by DC.
    I think they were talking about having Agents of Shield link in with Thor 2 and Captain America Winter Soldier.

My question is are DC Characters too uncorruptable for big screen movie's if you look at marvel characters they have a lot more flaws then the DC characters and Stan Lee himself said that when he came up with the characters they have flaws that make them more relatable

Lets be honest the justice league are a group of Goodie two shoes compared to the Avengers.