Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Default Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    When did DC ever say they were doing a "versus" movie?
    Every comic book and movie site is reporting it to be a VS movie.

Google "Batman VS Superman" and you'd be surprised by the results. At this point DC is still silent, but so much web sites now are backing the VS thing there's gotta be some truth to it.

Ah found the source...

from http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Batma...Far-38745.html

Quote from the site (this interview was taken at Comic-Con):

When Warner Bros. announced at Comic-Con that they would be moving forward with a Superman/Batman movie, they didn’t include a plot synopsis telling us what the movie is about – but titles for the film mentioned by Goyer suggest that the film will have the two heroes at each other’s throats.
    During the panel celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Superman, the screenwriter told the audience, “We’re actually not sure whether the title is Superman vs. Batman or Batman vs. Superman but yes, it’s–that rematch, that combination, the two guys onscreen and that’s happening.” Combined with Harry Lennix’s aggressive “Dark Knight Returns” quote at Comic-Con and the fact that Warner Bros. has registered both BatmanvsSupermanMovie.com and Batmanvs.Superman.com and there appears to be a good amount of evidence suggesting that Superman and Batman will be enemies before they become friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Every comic book and movie site is reporting it to be a VS movie.

Google "Batman VS Superman" and you'd be surprised by the results. At this point DC is still silent, but so much web sites now are backing the VS thing there's gotta be some truth to it.
    "So many websites saying it is" is not a confirmation. DC has only said that the movie will feature both characters. Also, Google "The World's Finest movie." That one is floating around the internet, too. I hope they go with that, because that's exactly what Superman and Batman are.

By the way, a "versus" movie would be the absolute most boneheaded thing DC and Warner Bros. could ever do. It sounds like something you'd use in a fighting game, and we have one of those already. It's called "Injustice: Gods Among Us." As far as I know, Superman and Batman never got into a fight unless one of them were somehow mind-controlled, infected, or just flat out insane. The last one pretty much applied to Batman at the end of The Dark Knight Returns. In other words, the two fighting each other would just be out of character for both of them.

More: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Watch...Con-38665.html

Director Zack Snyder and Man of Steel star Harry Lennix took to the stage at Comic-Con to announce Superman-Batman Movie and threw out this aggressive quote (according to them this quote is meant to help people UNDERSTAND better what the plot will be since they can't announce the official title yet):

"I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you."

The quote is not a friendly one. It suggests SOMEONE fighting Clark (aka Superman) and then beating him.

Kryptonite! Uh-oh someone's in trouble!
    Attachment 6656

Superman has poor eyesight. Where he aiming at?
    Attachment 6657

OUCH!! Don't tell us we didn't warn you Superleper!
    Attachment 6658

Batman was only warming up. Now you pissed him off Supes! Someone better run real fast!
    Attachment 6659
    Memory serves me right, the first three all refer to the fight in "Hush" which I already pointed out ended without a clear resolution, but with Superman having the advantage. The forth image, depicting Batman possessed by the Kryptonite Man, refers to a story in the actual Superman/Batman comic series. Superman still won that fight, though it's worth mentioning that he was really fighting the Kryptonite Man, in a sense. Superman assembled a containment suit around the possessed Batman with super speed, which then removed the Kryptonite Man from him.

As for your more serious post, I doubt it's going to be a straight "vs" film, as if they're actually going to be enemies the whole time. They'll probably be in conflict to start with, and then team up later. They're both heroes, they won't stay enemies for long. Also, I wouldn't bet on Bale or JGL being Batman. Batman is being rebooted, so it won't be either of them.

More: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Watch...Con-38665.html

Director Zack Snyder and Man of Steel star Harry Lennix took to the stage at Comic-Con to announce Superman-Batman Movie and threw out this aggressive quote (according to them this quote is meant to help people UNDERSTAND better what the plot will be since they can't announce the official title yet):

"I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you."

The quote is not a friendly one. It suggests SOMEONE fighting Clark (aka Superman) and then beating him.
    That quote being from The Dark Knight Returns, a story he said quite clearly that he was not adapting, and which I've already mentioned does not depict Batman victorious over Superman. The fight ends with Batman having a heart attack, and Superman being little more than bruised up a bit. Advantage Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Sober View Post

1. As for your more serious post, I doubt it's going to be a straight "vs" film, as if they're actually going to be enemies the whole time. They'll probably be in conflict to start with, and then team up later. They're both heroes, they won't stay enemies for long. Also, I wouldn't bet on Bale or JGL being Batman. Batman is being rebooted, so it won't be either of them.

2. That quote being from The Dark Knight Returns, a story he said quite clearly that he was not adapting, and which I've already mentioned does not depict Batman victorious over Superman. The fight ends with Batman having a heart attack, and Superman being little more than bruised up a bit. Advantage Superman.
    1. I was hoping for the same. I wouldn't want them fighting till the end. Fighting Batman till the end would be bad for Superman, and I mean I wouldn't want that for Superman. Teaming up with Batman later on would be the wise decision for Superman. He really wouldn't want his a++ handed over to him.

2. He said he will not adapt (of course he wouldn't want to adapt another mans work -- that would be plagiarism -- but he made it clear that it's gonna be inspired from that). He said the quote will help people understand more about how the movie will go. So in other words we're gonna see something of what inspired it, but with his own original artistic touch to it.

1. I was hoping for the same. I wouldn't want them fighting till the end. Fighting Batman till the end would be bad for Superman, and I mean I wouldn't want that for Superman. Teaming up with Batman later on would be the wise decision for Superman. He really wouldn't want his a++ handed over to him.

2. He said he will not adapt (of course he wouldn't want to adapt another mans work -- that would be plagiarism -- but he made it clear that it's gonna be inspired from that). He said the quote will help people understand more about how the movie will go. So in other words we're gonna see something of what inspired it, but with his own original artistic touch to it.
    1) Fighting Batman till the end wouldn't happen in any unbiased depiction of the two heroes, because the end for Batman would occur in seconds. Did you watch Man of Steel? You saw how the fight between the Kryptonians went, if you did. You think a normal man could stand a chance, no matter how many gadgets he's got? Please. Batman has never defeated Superman in a canonical fight, and on screen, I would be very surprised if that happened considering just how powerful Superman has been shown to be.

2) The most I could imagine would be borrowed from that story is the idea of Batman and Superman fighting at some point, and Batman being a little older. That story relied on the notion that both of them had been around for a long time, and it was an ending for Batman. These new films are supposed to be the BEGINNING of the DC Cinematic Universe, so a lot would have to be changed just because of that. Then there's the simple fact that the Superman in that story (who was portrayed rather out-of-character thanks to Miller's tantrum over being denied Superman in favor of John Byrne) was a very different character than the one we're left with at the end of Man of Steel. Can you see that Superman being a government stooge trying to hunt down Batman? Come on. That's not going to happen. So when you get right down to it, all we're left with is that Zack Snyder used a quote from the most famous Batman/Superman brawl to announce the film, and there's this little notion that the film will be inspired by it in some way, even though almost everything about that story would contradict what they want to do with this film, and who the characters are likely to be.

Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy needs to be left alone. I'm actually hoping that Christian Bale will not play Batman in this movie because although he was, in my opinion, the best actor to ever portray Batman, Snyder's version should be different. This addresses the lack of hints of Superman in TDK trilogy. Why would Nolan put any Superman easter eggs in his movies if he was never going to plan on bringing in Superman at all? He didn't even want his version of the Batman to be involved in a Justice League movie.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

As I've said before, I'm not interested in a Batman vs Superman film. However, I'd like to see Batman teach Superman some Fighting skills. In Man of Steel Superman was getting his ass kicked by Kryptonians who were skilled fighters. Who better to teach Superman how to better kick ass than Batman?
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    As I've said before, I'm not interested in a Batman vs Superman film. However, I'd like to see Batman teach Superman some Fighting skills. In Man of Steel Superman was getting his ass kicked by Kryptonians who were skilled fighters. Who better to teach Superman how to better kick ass than Batman?
    Like I said, the two have something to learn from each other. I'd like to see a scene where Batman says "I saw what happened in Metropolis. You and Zod made a pretty big mess back there." Not only will Supes learn to be a better fighter, but he'll also learn to reduce the collateral damage to a minimum.

Basically, we'll end up with one of these scenes. (Except replace Muhammad Ali with Batman. )

1) Fighting Batman till the end wouldn't happen in any unbiased depiction of the two heroes, because the end for Batman would occur in seconds. Did you watch Man of Steel? You saw how the fight between the Kryptonians went, if you did. You think a normal man could stand a chance, no matter how many gadgets he's got? Please. Batman has never defeated Superman in a canonical fight, and on screen, I would be very surprised if that happened considering just how powerful Superman has been shown to be.
    Yes I have.
    But we’ve also seen how Superman suffered from Lex Luthor (a mere human who is not even anywhere near as dangerous and skillful as Batman) in the Reeves Superman movies and in Superman Returns.

Supes fans most of the time would mention Lex Luthor this and Lex Luthor that, and how dangerously ingenious Lex is. But actually Batman is a more dangerous version of Lex Luthor.
    Like Lex, Bruce Wayne is also a Billionaire who has the resources to spend on hi-tech weapons research. But unlike Lex who is unskilled in fighting, Bruce Wayne is a master combatant and is trained in ninja art. So we’re talking about somebody who has the resources and wealth of Lex and all the while having the skills of a master martial artist.

I think it would be interesting if Batman discovers Kryptonite as Supes’ weakness in Bats VS Supes. A man trained in the craft of ninja art wielding Kryptonite is a recipe for Superman’s doom.

Batman casting will be announced within 30 days?!

http://batman-news.com/2013/08/18/ba...ithin-30-days/

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Batman casting will be announced within 30 days?!

http://batman-news.com/2013/08/18/ba...ithin-30-days/
    Would love Bale or JGL to land the role.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily saying that it should be the Nolan Bats. It may or may not be the Nolan Bats, but would still like Bale or JGL to play the role.

Would love Bale or JGL to land the role.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not necessarily saying that it should be the Nolan Bats. It may or may not be the Nolan Bats, but would still like Bale or JGL to play the role.
    I think JGL's body type doesn't fit a Batman role very well. Even if he were to bulk up, it would look kind of weird, but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    I think JGL's body type doesn't fit a Batman role very well. Even if he were to bulk up, it would look kind of weird, but I don't know.
    Then get Bale to play it. Even if it's not a continuity of the Nolan Bats, just think of it as an Alternate World Batman played by the same actor. Bale fits Batman really, really well.

Yes I have.
    But we’ve also seen how Superman suffered from Lex Luthor (a mere human who is not even anywhere near as dangerous and skillful as Batman) in the Reeves Superman movies and in Superman Returns.

Supes fans most of the time would mention Lex Luthor this and Lex Luthor that, and how dangerously ingenious Lex is. But actually Batman is a more dangerous version of Lex Luthor.
    Like Lex, Bruce Wayne is also a Billionaire who has the resources to spend on hi-tech weapons research. But unlike Lex who is unskilled in fighting, Bruce Wayne is a master combatant and is trained in ninja art. So we’re talking about somebody who has the resources and wealth of Lex and all the while having the skills of a master martial artist.

I think it would be interesting if Batman discovers Kryptonite as Supes’ weakness in Bats VS Supes. A man trained in the craft of ninja art wielding Kryptonite is a recipe for Superman’s doom.
    1) There was only one Reeves movie, and Luthor wasn't in it.

2) Superman Returns is garbage.

3) You have it backwards. In the comics, Lex Luthor has been shown to be much more capable than what the Donner films may suggest. You have read the comics, right? Lex Luthor is almost like a more dangerous version of Bruce Wayne because he lacks Wayne's morals and his decency and his compassion and understanding. Luthor is a Bruce Wayne who doesn't care about collateral damage, and will hurt, or even kill innocent people to get what he wants, and what he wants is two things: a dead Superman, and total domination over Metropolis, if not America or the entire world.

4) Batman had trouble with Bane. A mere human with a fancy new brand of steroid addiction. Bane's not nearly as strong or as fast or as invulnerable as Superman is. Batman would not stand a chance in any unbiased fight. The only reason he does is because there's a portion of Batman fanboys who are so insecure about the worth of the character that they feel the need to put down every other character around him, and since Superman is the other half of the "big two" superheroes (meaning the two most popular), Superman is usually the target. So to make sure those fans aren't upset, Batman gets god-moded and Superman gets down-graded in wildly inconsistent ways, just to have that one splash page of Batman punching Superman. Which, as I've pointed out, usually never amounts to much because, as I've pointed out, Batman has never defeated Superman in any canonical published content. End of story.

1) There was only one Reeves movie, and Luthor wasn't in it.

2) Superman Returns is garbage.

3) You have it backwards. In the comics, Lex Luthor has been shown to be much more capable than what the Donner films may suggest. You have read the comics, right? Lex Luthor is almost like a more dangerous version of Bruce Wayne because he lacks Wayne's morals and his decency and his compassion and understanding. Luthor is a Bruce Wayne who doesn't care about collateral damage, and will hurt, or even kill innocent people to get what he wants, and what he wants is two things: a dead Superman, and total domination over Metropolis, if not America or the entire world.

4) Batman had trouble with Bane. A mere human with a fancy new brand of steroid addiction. Bane's not nearly as strong or as fast or as invulnerable as Superman is. Batman would not stand a chance in any unbiased fight. The only reason he does is because there's a portion of Batman fanboys who are so insecure about the worth of the character that they feel the need to put down every other character around him, and since Superman is the other half of the "big two" superheroes (meaning the two most popular), Superman is usually the target. So to make sure those fans aren't upset, Batman gets god-moded and Superman gets down-graded in wildly inconsistent ways, just to have that one splash page of Batman punching Superman. Which, as I've pointed out, usually never amounts to much because, as I've pointed out, Batman has never defeated Superman in any canonical published content. End of story.
    1. Then you and I must not be watching the same Reeves movies.

2. That is subjective. So any book or movie that depicts Superman as a weakling is garbage?

3. I would rather have this world dominated by one of ours than be dominated by an alien.

4. Because Bane doesn't have Kryptonite weakness like Supes do, and Bane underwent the same ninja training as Batman.

Where you aiming at again you Blind fool?!
    Attachment 6664

X-Ray Vision my a$$!! You can't even aim properly! Now here's what a precision hit feels like!
    Attachment 6665

Do I make myself clear now you alien freak?! Now listen to me boy...
    Attachment 6666

Torture is only beginning. Lets have a little fun here. YOU ARE TERRORIST and welcome to Guantanamo Bay Batman style!
    Attachment 6667

Bleed!!
    Attachment 6668

I just Fked you up. There's handkerchief in the Batmobile. Go wipe your blood with it!
    batman_vs_superman_by_kurotsuchi_666-d31zhlj.jpg

2. That is subjective. So any book or movie that depicts Superman as a weakling is garbage?

3. I would rather have this world dominated by one of ours than be dominated by an alien.

4. Because Bane doesn't have Kryptonite weakness like Supes do, and Bane underwent the same ninja training as Batman.

Where you aiming at again you Blind fool?!
    Attachment 6664

X-Ray Vision my a$$!! You can't even aim properly! Now here's what a precision hit feels like!
    Attachment 6665

Do I make myself clear now you alien freak?! Now listen to me boy...
    Attachment 6666

Torture is only beginning. Lets have a little fun here. YOU ARE TERRORIST and welcome to Guantanamo Bay Batman style!
    Attachment 6667

Bleed!!
    Attachment 6668

I just Fked you up. There's handkerchief in the Batmobile. Go wipe your blood with it!
    batman_vs_superman_by_kurotsuchi_666-d31zhlj.jpg
    1) There was only Reeves movie, and Luthor wasn't in it. This is an indisputable fact.

2) It's garbage for a lot of reasons. On top of being boring, overly reverential and unoriginal when it came to the Donner film, Superman was depicted as a whiny, self-centered stalker and a coward. I could go into it with much more depth but it's really just a pointless digression.

3) You sounded like Lex Luthor, saying that.

4) Bane doesn't have a Kryptonite weakness, but has an weakness to just about everything else, which Superman doesn't have.

5) Only the last one of the attached images worked for me, and that was just fan-art.

You're thinking the Christopher Reeve Superman Movies, He thinking George Reeves who was Superman in Superman and the Mole Men and Luthor wasn't in it so technically he's correct. There is confusion between the two names among some fans. Bane wasn't trained by Ra Za Goul despite what the Dark Knight Rises will tell you. He's not even at the same level of Combat Training as Batman, the only thing he has going for him is the Venom Drug which increases his strength. He did break Batman's Back and left him Crippled for a while, that much they got right in the film.

Superman is stronger than Bane. This is a Fact.

So the argument/discussion is whether a Human with Ninja Skills a Utility Belt full of Gadgets and defeat a being who can lift a continent into space (Superman Returns), is invulnerable to Bullets, Knives, Tanks, Nuclear Bombs, and is Faster than a Speeding Bullet.

The answer is Yes.

Now before anyone throws hate at me let me explain. Batman does not have the advantage over Superman in regards to Powers and abilities, so He'd have to outsmart him. Superman despite his powers is susceptible to Kryptonite and Magic, both of which Batman can use against him. Also if Batman could figure out how to simulate Kryptons Red Sun and Environment in a room and trick Superman into it the Man of Steel would be powerless.

Would Batman do this? Only if it were absolutely Necessary. Batman and Superman are Friends and there's a Reason why Superman gave Batman Luthor's Kryptonite ring. If Superman ever lost control and became a threat to Earth, he wanted to give Batman the means to stop him. I can't see them fighting in this movie, maybe at odds with one another at first but later a friendship will be formed between the two.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

This is THE WORST NEWS OF ALL TIME....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...f-steel-sequel

Yeah...I don't like this one bit.

I'll give him a chance.

I don't see what the problem is.

It's Daredevil, isn't it?

I really want to know what his Batman voice is going to sound like.