Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Default Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Most of you guys probably know that Zack Snyder surprised Hall H at Comic Con that there will in fact be a Man of Steel 2 and that IT WILL feature Batman. Of course, not Nolan's Batman, but his own. How do you guys feel about this? I personally feel that it was a great move. All I ask is that we do not get an origins story of Batman in MoS2, and no more flashback scenes that make the story choppy.

superman-batman-feat.jpg

http://batman-news.com/2013/07/20/wa...ovie-for-2015/
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Default Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman Movie)

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Most of you guys probably know that Zack Snyder surprised Hall H at Comic Con that there will in fact be a Man of Steel 2 and that IT WILL feature Batman.
    Yes ,it was mentioned and had a conversation about it in the Superman thread.It started on page 6.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...-r-m-a-n/page6

Batman simply does not work in the world of Superman world. Frankly the validity of making Batman relevant in anyway, I think is just unrealistic.

Just look at the fleeting attempt to keep normal humans relevant in The Avengers. Batman does not work in a Superman world.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Orange View Post
    Batman simply does not work in the world of Superman world. Frankly the validity of making Batman relevant in anyway, I think is just unrealistic.

Just look at the fleeting attempt to keep normal humans relevant in The Avengers. Batman does not work in a Superman world.
    ...Seriously dude? Batman and Superman have co-existed in the same world for a very, very long time. Don't think it could work realistically? Pick up a comic book some time. Comics aren't your thing? There's a great novel called Enemies and Allies by Kevin J. Anderson. People have been telling stories about these two together for quite a while now, and it's always been only a matter of time before they met on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Orange View Post

How does Batman not work with Superman? They are the "World's Finest". Maybe Nolan's world of the Dark Knight would be a weird fit but Snyder is bringing in a whole new version of Batman. Batman and Superman have fought alongside and against each other countless of times in the comics.

I'm not familiar with the comics but does the "vs." thing mean that Batman will be the bad guy? Is there a comic book where Superman is evil?

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I'm not familiar with the comics but does the "vs." thing mean that Batman will be the bad guy? Is there a comic book where Superman is evil?
    There's been a handful of comics that try to present Superman as a political "bad guy" for Batman, one of which is considered the greatest Batman graphic novel ever. This is unfortunate for us Superman fans, because it's led to a lot of the Superman hatred that runs rampant today. It wasn't cool to hate Superman until people defined him as "not Batman" and I really hope they're not going to undo all the work that's been done to repair his image. To drive my point home, I can't think of a single instance where they fought where Batman was the "bad guy" of the scenario.

And yet, I also can't think of a single instance in which Batman has defeated Superman in a fight in canon material. Their fights usually end without a proper resolution that would indicate one victorious over the other, and even then, usually it's Superman who has the advantage and comes closest to victory until some last second deus ex machina saves his ass.

I really hope they don't go with the "vs" thing. On one level, it's stupid. On another, the obvious title of World's Finest is so much better, and happens to be unbiased.

Found out some interesting news

It's just speculation, but I found this really interesting. However, I'm not sure how I would feel about having Bale reprise as the role of Batman in a different series.

It seems like Warner Bros. is still trying to get Christian Bale to reprise his role in Batman vs. Superman! According to a new eBook “Beyond Batman: The Unauthorized True Story of Christian Bale and His Dark Knight Dilemma” by Vince Russel, Bale currently has a $50 million offer on the table. Russel cites sources close to Legendary Pictures that claim Bale may have “no choice” but to accept the deal.
    Also, that offer was meant for the Justice League film that was talked about a while back, not the newly announce Batman vs Superman coming out in 2015,but I wonder if Bale would still keep his offer for this one. Here's the link to the full article: http://batman-news.com/2013/08/09/ch...n-vs-superman/

Another piece of speculation is that WB wants Heisenburg...I mean Walter White.....I mean Bryan Cranston to play Lex Luther in Bats vs Supes. I actually like this idea a lot and think that Cranston would make a great Lex Luther!

http://batman-news.com/2013/08/08/br...n-vs-superman/

I wish everyone would drop this whole "Superman vs. Batman/Batman vs. Superman" schtick and start calling it "World's Finest," just like the comic book series that featured Superman and Batman. The "versus" implies they'll be rivals in this movie, which better not be the case.

Yeah Nolan's Batman stands on its own.

No messing around with that.

I do feel ashemed a bit that people are way to serious about the Batman movies and kill other people everytime.. its very sad and pathetic to say the least.
    Wish Nolan would use that in his next Batman movie, using that psychology of it if he would do another one.
    And Christian Bale SHOULD be in it again.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    I wish everyone would drop this whole "Superman vs. Batman/Batman vs. Superman" schtick and start calling it "World's Finest," just like the comic book series that featured Superman and Batman. The "versus" implies they'll be rivals in this movie, which better not be the case.
    Well many people are assuming that Batman will go up against Superman for a large part of the movie so that's why the title keeps popping up. However, I'm guessing that in the end, they settle their differences and focus on the true villain which will hopefully be Lex Luther. Just think of it as a working title.

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Well many people are assuming that Batman will go up against Superman for a large part of the movie so that's why the title keeps popping up. However, I'm guessing that in the end, they settle their differences and focus on the true villain which will hopefully be Lex Luther. Just think of it as a working title.
    Hopefully. I know there's going to be tension between the two, but I doubt there will be an outright fight. Besides, in the DC canon, Bats has never won a fight against Supes. Ever.

And the idea of Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor? Holy shit.

"You look like Lex Luthor." - Season 1, Episode 7 of Breaking Bad.

Enjoy
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Batman already beat Superman a GAZILLION times, both during the olden times and modern times. And we're talking Hand-to-Hand combat here guys!!

In olden times

In modern times

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Batman already beat Superman a GAZILLION times, both during the olden times and modern times. And we're talking Hand-to-Hand combat here guys!!
    1) Batman has not, in fact, beaten Superman a gazillion times. Batman has beaten Superman zero times, canonically speaking.
    2) Video games? Fighting games, specifically? That's about as non-canon as it can get. In a fighting game, Catwoman could probably kick Darkseid's ass.
    3) You're not serious, are you?

I can't say for the second Pic but I know in the first two Batman had to use Kryptonite to take down Superman.

If this movie is just going to be about Superman in the Shadow of the Bat I'm not going to watch it. It's taken Decades for Superman to come back to the big screen in a decent film and having Batman Beating the crap out of him will kill any future stand alone films. Maybe having Batman Teaching Superman some fighting skills(Cause he wasn't doing very well in MOS) but not an all out "I'm beating you Clark because I'm Batman and I'm better than everyone."
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

Ends with Superman about to drop a car on Batman before he breaks Poison Ivy's mind control (an idea that is nonsense but that's Jeph Loeb for you) to save Lois Lane. Meanwhile, Batman's hand, and probably his arm, was falling apart with every punch. How much longer do you suppose he could have gone on before Superman swatted him like a fly?

No resolution. Advantage, Superman.

This fight makes no sense. Batman is on a new version of the same venom drug Bane is addicted to. Batman survived a fight with Clayface and Killer Croc after they were on it, and yet when he's on it he's strong enough to punch a Kryptonian? It's dreadfully inconsistent. Batman should have been reduced to an aerosol by that previous fight. As for the resolution here, Superman takes out Batman with one punch.

Superman wins that fight, no doubt about it.

Let's put some context into this image. Superman did not want to fight, and was holding back the entire time. Superman was also weakened after being at ground zero of a nuclear blast. Superman also had to contend with a kryptonite arrow shot by Green Arrow. Batman also had to prepare for several years to make that armored suit. The story was also not canon, being one of the earliest Elseworld tales (though usually not with that moniker). The story was also written by a man who was bitter that the job of rebooting Superman was given to John Byrne and not him.

And Batman still didn't win. He succumbed to a heart attack, whether it was self-induced or not, and faked his death. By the end of it, Superman was still in more fighting shape than Batman was. If Superman had bothered to raise a finger against him (like I said, he was holding back the entire time, and only wanted to talk) this fight would have gone very differently.

And did I mention it's not canon?

Here's the truth when it comes to Batman/Superman fights: despite how obvious it is to anyone who's even a little familiar with both characters that Superman would decimate Batman in an unbiased match, DC doesn't want to piss off any insecure Batman fans who need to measure his greatness by comparing him to other characters. So usually every time they fight, there's a big splash page of Batman punching Superman. Even if one or two pages later, Superman mops the floor with Batman. But you never see those images posted over and over again in forums, because Batman's the golden boy, logic be damned.

Arguments like these are the reason why I hope that Superman breaks Batman into two equally large parts in this movie - in the first 10 minutes. The rest is Superman beeing awesome. That would shut those Batman Fanboys up.

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    Arguments like these are the reason why I hope that Superman breaks Batman into two equally large parts in this movie - in the first 10 minutes. The rest is Superman beeing awesome. That would shut those Batman Fanboys up.
    Wouldn't that be awesome.

In all seriousness, I want the two to emerge as friends in the end. I don't want to see them walk away at the end the same way they were in the beginning. The relationship between these two characters is the #1 reason I'm excited for this movie. I want the two to learn from each other. Most importantly, I want Batman to learn from Supes that it's okay to be the dark and scary caped crusader without being a dick to his allies.

In other words, I'd like this Batman to be a lighter incarnation, closer to his Silver Age counterpart, but without the cheese. I want him to be a team player.

This could make a great crossover movie and a nice gateway to Justice League.

How about Parasite with Clayface as the villains?

Kryptonite! Uh-oh someone's in trouble!
    Bats_vs_Supes_by_clunkworld.jpg

Superman has poor eyesight. Where he aiming at?
    Batman-vs-Superman-Comic-Book-Auction1.jpg

OUCH!! Don't tell us we didn't warn you Superleper!
    Batman612p12.jpg

Batman was only warming up. Now you pissed him off Supes! Someone better run real fast!
    2559234-Kryptonite_Batman_001.jpg

OUCH!! Don't tell us we didn't warn you Superleper!
    Batman612p12.jpg
    You're just trolling us now, Aren't you?

You forgot to read Batman's thoughts in the last Panel:

"If I hit him again I'll shatter every bone in my Hand. The Kevlar only Protects so much."
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
    -John Wayne (The Shootist)

On a more serious note I think the buildup to a "Batman vs Superman" movie was poorly executed, because there wasn't enough hints of Batman in the Man of Steel movie (there was just a scene in the space battle where it showed a Wayne satellite blow up but that was it, and fans wouldn't even notice that because it was so fast like you'd miss it in a blink of an eye) and there wasn't even a hint of Superman in any of the Dark Knight movies. There was not enough feeling from the moviegoers that these two heroes share the same universe together. That "feeling" was not built up properly. And now all of a sudden they're putting them together in one movie, so it seem abrupt and rushed. Like they're rushing to compete with Marvel's Avengers success.
    But let's not forget that Marvel executed the buildup to Avengers brilliantly -- gradually instead of rushed -- in each of their hero movies they showed "signs" and "hints" (even cameo appearances) of the other heroes, giving the moviegoers the feeling that those heroes share the same universe and will cross paths down the line in one mega movie! A sense of anticipation was built up. This was not the case with DC.

Although the idea of a Superhero "VS" movie is quite an original concept, because Marvel hasn't done it with their heroes. So this is a good move by DC.

Now bring in Christian Bale to play Bats again OR the Robin guy in the Dark Knight Rises to play Bats in this one. Even though not everyone love Nolan, his Dark Knight trilogy nevertheless developed a huge fan base already, and that base would augment well into a Bats/Supes crossover movie.

Although the idea of a Superhero "VS" movie is quite an original concept, because Marvel hasn't done it with their heroes. So this is a good move by DC.
    When did DC ever say they were doing a "versus" movie?