Thread: Slingshot And Drift Confirmed!

Default Slingshot And Drift Confirmed!

According to this site, they said the 2 new cars that were revealed yesterday are Slingshot And Drift! http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...medium=twitter

Default Re: Slingshot And Drift Confirmed!

unless it's posted on mb.com, I will take any speculation or rumor with a grain of salt.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Gould View Post
    According to this site, they said the 2 new cars that were revealed yesterday are Slingshot And Drift! http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...medium=twitter
    This is the 4th movie, you would think these guys would've learned by now that production names DO NOT EQUAL final name.

Yeah, I wouldn't call this confirmation.
    Slingshot is the smallest and weakest Aerial bot that forms Superion in G1. I doubt that they'll change him into car just like that.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

More interesting to me is the name Drift. Remember few days ago the same site (joblo) revealed some possible characters that will be in TF4 and one of them was: "a former "Samurai" Decepticon that wants to regain his honor and become an Autobot". The Bugatti definitely has a Decepticon vibe in it and could very well fit this character. And here's Drift's description from G1:
    "Drift was not always an Autobot. In fact, he slaughtered quite a few when he was known as the Decepticon Deadlock. But Deadlock's eyes were opened to what the Transformers' war had become when he stumbled across a lost faction of neutral Transformers long since forgotten. He discarded his ruthless ways, abandoned his guns for swords, and changed his name and appearance.When Drift returned to the Transformer war to make right what he put wrong, he was a bot of few words and disciplined action. Because of his brutal past, Drift isn't well-liked or trusted by a few of the Autobots. The rest don't seem to care, so long as his skills are used against the other side!
    In addition to the two swords kept in his hip scabbards, Drift carries a legendary Great Sword. An ancient weapon that predates modern civilization, the Great Sword draws upon the spark energy of its bearer, and as such must only be used in the most dire of circumstances.
    And this "lost faction of neutral Transformers long since forgotten" links to the first plot synopsis that we have for TF4: "...all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs."
    Makes sense, right?

Maybe the Bugatti is Deadlock, and then the race car from a few months ago is Drift.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson View Post
    This is the 4th movie, you would think these guys would've learned by now that production names DO NOT EQUAL final name.

True Story!!

My 2 cents: The colour scheme of the Bugatti well at least the trim is very close to that of Blurr. It makes sense given how fast the Bugatti is, in which case I hope John Moschitta reprises his role as the VA. As for the Corvette it suggests Springer. But we all know and id like to think appreciate that Hasbro needs to do what it does best and sell toys, and selling and reselling etc the same old line gets tiresome so its good that every character new and old is getting attention

intersting belive it when i see it in credits one of bots say there names in film it self

Blur for Bugatti and drift for the green machine