Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blu-ray/DVD - Tuesday, August 13

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Blu-ray/DVD - Tuesday, August 13

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    To the people who has seen it, should I watch at home in Bluray or in theaters? I can do both.

Nothing can replace the theatrical experience. So my advice is: go to the theater first. Blu-ray can wait. Sure, this is not a big "Transformers"-type movie but still - watching it on the big screen is a total blast. As far as I'm concerned it's one of Bay's most beautifully shot movies and to fully enjoy its "richness" you should definitely see it on the big screen.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

I effing love this movie, have to see it again.

Can't still believe that happened!

I just bought the HD version on iTunes; looking forward to watching it tonight.

Like Transformers Dark of the Moon, I am once again disappointed by Mr. Bay's decision to have another bare bones video release of his films. What I love about Bay's audio commentaries are his detailed education of the pre-production, production, and post production of his projects. I've admired the vision he sees in his films and I get a personal insight about his audience and his critics. I don't know if Mr. Bay cares about reading these threads anymore but he should bring his genius and creative audio back into his videos.

Picked it up on Tuesday. Also kinda bummed it got the bare bones treatment. Otherwise, cool.

Banned

damn! no extras? that sucks.. kinda glad I just rented it now.. I wonder why they do this.. bet they will do the same for TF4, Just like they did for DOTM.

No bonus features, but you can enjoy this brand new 10-minute interview with Bar Paly. Marking the Blu-ray premiere.

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/pain-g...usive-bar-paly
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Bayhem already said basically what I had to say. I'm extremely disappointed that Bay's most personal and complex film lacks a commentary track, even though I hear the reasons why. Especially since he's one of the best audio commentators, hitting just the right balance of behind-the-scenes anecdotes, technique, and theme.

Although I hope for the best regarding Transformers 4, I do hope Bay is able to emancipate himself from the franchise. Frankly I've gotten too old for movies about giant robots, and I probably wouldn't even seen Transformers 4 if I wasn't a Bay-phile.

Quote Originally Posted by dnn View Post
    Although I hope for the best regarding Transformers 4, I do hope Bay is able to emancipate himself from the franchise. Frankly I've gotten too old for movies about giant robots, and I probably wouldn't even seen Transformers 4 if I wasn't a Bay-phile.

Same here.

Justin Lin left the "Fast and the Furious" franchise after 4 movies so hopefully Bay will do the same.

Saw the movie on Blu-Ray again last night. I liked it even better, especially the acting. Bay is underrated for his ear for dialogue and comic timing, but he's also very good at shifting gears during the dark moments.