Part 1
    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1999-12...ain-gain/full/

Part 2
    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1999-12...in-part-2/full

Part 3
    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2000-01...n-part-3/full/

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Default Re: Official Pain & Gain discussion thread [ spoilers]

I just hope no spoilers will end up showing on the "What's New?" page. Gotta be scroll ready!
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

My first thoughts (sort of rambling...)

Just got back from what is easily the most bizarre movie I've ever seen and its truly fantastic. After the first act or so, I realized that this movie stands out in Mr. Bay's filmography, meaning that its not really comparable to any of his other films. There was a ton of stuff that I never saw coming, and I understand why people have had a hard time believing this all actually happened. The camera work was incredible and is immediately identifiable as Mr. Bay's. I noticed some signature 'Bay easter eggs' like Bonecrusher the Mastiff, and the shot that moves through two rooms via holes in the walls (like in Bad Boys II & Revenge of the Fallen). I will say that some of the more 'casually-macabre' stuff was a little too much for me, but, overall the film is truly unique. Not my favorite of Mr. Bay's films, but still an enjoyable experience.

I'll post more after I see it again.
    Ya just wanna die for the guy. Now that's leadership... Or brainwashing or something.

Great movie! Extremely fun from start to finish. At one point it freezes and says "This is still a true story." Priceless! I saw it with my dad at at 10pm screening here in LA, the theater was 75% full and everyone seemed to love it.

Great work MB!

p.s. Awesome sound track and the grill scene had me on the floor when he flipped the hand like a damn burger!!!

*Edit for adding p.s.

Quote Originally Posted by My Ws6 View Post
    Great movie! Extremely fun from start to finish. At one point it freezes and says "This is still a true story." Priceless!
    I loved that as well, as it came at precisely the point where I'm sure critics would have accused Michael of taking the story over the top into fantasy.

I also loved the very thinly disguised version of informercial king, Tom Vu.

(Amazingly enough, now a professional poker player living in Las Vegas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Vu

)

Holy Sh*t.....thats what I can say at the moment. I am still in shock from seeing it, I have to go see it again soon. There was so much to soak in that I am over charged....all of which is a good thing. It was an emotional roller-coaster from beginning to end. Definitely one of the most unique and crazy stories I have ever seen or heard of.

Congratulations Bay, this movie is awesome. I cannot wait to go see it again, its just crazy.....

I truly have nothing bad to say about it, the whole theater enjoyed this movie.