Thread: Cruise / Bay

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Lightbulb Cruise / Bay

Friend of mine said: "How is this possible? Bay and Cruise are the perfect match for the perfect action movie, yet they've never worked on a movie together."

I have to agree with that. Knowing what Cruise can bring to the table (in terms of real stunts and dedication) and Bay's ability to shoot action movies in a very unique and intense way...I honestly don't know why they're not working together all the time. They are indeed perfect for each other.

And there's no doubt about it -I would gladly pay to see "a Michael Bay/Tom Cruise movie". More than once.

But that's me. Your thoughts on the matter, S4TE?
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Dude! Bring it on!
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Cruise / Bay

Apparently my friend and I weren't the only ones wondering why there's no Cruise/Bay movie...Here's what Bay himself had to say in a brand new interview:

"We've talked about it. But I told Tom to his face... I said, 'Tom, I know you rehearse your stunts over and over, but I like sloppy stunts.' So that would be the rub working with us -- I wouldn't let him rehearse as much. I like my stunts to be dirty and messy, and not so... [Bay sings the Mission: Impossible theme]. Look, with Mission: Impossible I understand you need very choreographed stunts, but I like dirty, sloppy stunts."

Here's the whole interview. Pretty cool stuff, so go through the whole thing - https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/...dia00zw49001nr
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Default Re: Cruise / Bay

I could not agree more! I have thought about it many times. I think Cruise would be willing to adapt to Bay's style. I would hope so at least, Cruise is constantly saying that he loves being challenged. I bet if the script was right for Cruise and they started collaborating, it would work out. That would be such an epic combo.