Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: What Movies Have you Seen Lately? (Part 5! What DOES G*d need with a starship?)

Default Re: What Movies Have you Seen Lately? (Part 5! What DOES G*d need with a starship?)

2 GUNS

Another fantastic movie starring Mark Wahlberg!

Default Re: What Movies Have you Seen Lately? (Part 5! What DOES G*d need with a starship?)

Finished watching season 3 of Game of Thrones. FINALLY! It was just incredible. You never know what could happen!

And also I did get to watch a Hong Kong movie titled Cold War. It's a very good movie.

2 Guns. An OK action flick that you can see if you have nothing better to do. Mark Wahlberg is great in this movie and he just gotta say motherf**** at least once in TF4!! It's just his style!

Monsters University - Loved it! I watched Monsters, Inc a billion times as a child. I really enjoyed this prequel.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    Monsters University - Loved it! I watched Monsters, Inc a billion times as a child. I really enjoyed this prequel.
    I second that. It's a shame it wasn't as well received as the previous one, because I think it had one of the most important life lessons that I think everyone needs to learn, that sometimes no matter how hard you try there are some thing's you will never be good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    sometimes no matter how hard you try there are some thing's you will never be good at.
    Also, as a great Buddhist monk put it -- we shouldn't try to be as good as this guy or that guy (besides 'good' is subjective). The idea of wanting to 'try' to be like someone else is ridiculous.
    He used age as one example. He said some of us die at age 45, others at 50, and others still at 85. We all don't die at the same time. So too will our achievements be different from one another.

Thor - The Dark World

Such a fantastic movie! Action wise and plot wise were just fantastic! I know the trailers looked kinda weak, but that's because they didn't want to give anything away in the trailers! The action is comparable to Man of Steel. And it's even better than Man of Steel because of the nice humor it has that is almost always present in all Marvel movies.

ALSO... the mid credits scene gives more hints about an 'Infinite weapon' (I don't want to spoil anything. But if you're a comic book fan you know what I'm talking about).

Banned

Ender's Game! awesome movie! and I really loved the score, so waited for the credits to roll to see who did it, Steve Jablonsky! i was like "ah no wonder I loved it!"

Also would like to add

Curse of Chucky (aka Chucky 6)

One of the best Chucky movies I've watched. The score really kept the adrenalin pumping. Cast was very nice. Flow of the film was energetic from start to finish (there was not one moment in the movie that I felt like I was watching a cheap horror flick). And everything was just done well. Chucky was very wicked as usual!

Thor: The Dark World in 3D. An OK Marvel movie, but in my opinion, not one of the best. The action was there, but it never like blew me away with something never seen before or with an massive final battle. Then there's the story and the plot holes at the end of the movie. I'm thinking of the space loop sticks that the scientist invented. Never figured out how they just came up with those things. Then the 3D was just average. Not even close of being near the best 3D movies that I've seen. I'll give it 3 out of 5 points.
    There are two extra scenes after the credits start to roll. The first scene indicates that there a more Thor movies coming. A lot more!! Chris Hemsworth can play Thor till he's fifty years old! The second one is just fun.

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Thor: The Dark World in 3D. An OK Marvel movie, but in my opinion, not one of the best. The action was there, but it never like blew me away with something never seen before or with an massive final battle. Then there's the story and the plot holes at the end of the movie. I'm thinking of the space loop sticks that the scientist invented. Never figured out how they just came up with those things. Then the 3D was just average. Not even close of being near the best 3D movies that I've seen. I'll give it 3 out of 5 points.
    There are two extra scenes after the credits start to roll. The first scene indicates that there a more Thor movies coming. A lot more!! Chris Hemsworth can play Thor till he's fifty years old! The second one is just fun.
    Spoiler ahead

In the credits scene the guy said "1down, 5 to go" refering to the Gems. I dont interpret that as having 5 more Thor movies. The 5 gems left (one of which is the cosmic cube, already in Asgard custody) could be spread out in different Marvel flicks. Remember the cosmic cube was first introduced in Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Spoiler ahead

In the credits scene the guy said "1down, 5 to go" refering to the Gems. I dont interpret that as having 5 more Thor movies. The 5 gems left (one of which is the cosmic cube, already in Asgard custody) could be spread out in different Marvel flicks. Remember the cosmic cube was first introduced in Captain America.
    I think that it's highly unlikely that the 4 remaining gems will be spread through out a lot of different Marvel movies. They are gonna keep making more Thor movies as long as they make money for Marvel Studio. In the next Thor movie they will probably deliver another gem and then maybe they deliver the rest in another fourth Thor movie or in an Avengers movie. The gems can even come to play in Guardians of the Galaxy. But now when they have introduced the gems, sooner or later the collector guy will have them all and then he'll put them together and something will happen what ever happens when all of the gems are put together.

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    I think that it's highly unlikely that the 4 remaining gems will be spread through out a lot of different Marvel movies. They are gonna keep making more Thor movies as long as they make money for Marvel Studio. In the next Thor movie they will probably deliver another gem and then maybe they deliver the rest in another fourth Thor movie or in an Avengers movie. The gems can even come to play in Guardians of the Galaxy. But now when they have introduced the gems, sooner or later the collector guy will have them all and then he'll put them together and something will happen what ever happens when all of the gems are put together.
    I think when all the Gems are collected the powers will be imbued into the Infinity Gauntlet. The first Thor movie already showed a scene with the gauntlet in the background (you can search for that scene on the net). The gauntlet happens to have 6 stones (one on each finger, and a big one in the middle). Coincidence? Also, the first Avengers film showed Thanos in the end. Again, these hints are too thick to be just coincidences. Now 2 of the gems have been revealed, lets see where the other 4 will come out. I agree with you that its likely 2 more will appear, one each in Guardians and Avengers 2. Can't wait!

Ender's Game. A very good Sci-Fi movie! It's based on a book which I haven't read, but I read in an article that the movie isn't exactly like the book and they have changed some stuff only cause the book was considered unfilmable. So I had like no expectations of what it would be like and walked out from the movie theater very pleased and with a lot of thoughts of different things in life. It's a movie that makes one think over a series of questions like "How far are you willing to go to win?" "What are you prepared to lose to win?" "What are you willing to do to get respect from other people?" "What is a childhood worth?"
    It's just a great movie where you see this young kid Ender Wiggin turn from a kid that's been bullied by other kids to be a leader that everybody follows. And since I haven't read the book, it has an ending I didn't see coming. The special effects are great and there are a couple of scenes that you sit and wonder that how cool it would have looked like, if it had been shot with awesome 3D. Well worth 4 out of 5 points and it will be a part of my Blu-ray collection when it's released.

Thor: The Dark World - I really liked this movie and I think it's better than the first film. Although the action scene in the end could have been a lot bigger, the rest of the action scenes throughout the movie makes up for it. I was actually surprised at how good this sequel turned out.

Red
    A fun movie to watch. Though it's been out for quite some time, I only got the chance to watch it recently. The plot is shallow as is typical with most Bruce Willis movies these days, but it's not boring.

Elysium
    An okay movie. Over-hyped and doesn't live up to expectations.

Prisoners
    Fantastic film! It's fun to watch Wolverine, War Machine, and the Prince of Persia work together in one movie! LoL.
    Seriously, it's a great film. You also have to be a father to appreciate the story even more, because it's about kidnapped kids.

Getaway
    A fun race car movie.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (aka Hunger Games part 2)
    Garbage. I would call this a 'bridge' movie. Because this movie doesn't stand on it's own as a sequel. If you didn't watch part 1 you wouldn't understand Catching Fire. And then this sequel ends in a limbo, so we have to wait for part 3 to see what happens. So you know, it's just a bridge between part 1 and part 3. It's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (aka Hunger Games part 2)
    Garbage. I would call this a 'bridge' movie. Because this movie doesn't stand on it's own as a sequel. If you didn't watch part 1 you wouldn't understand Catching Fire. And then this sequel ends in a limbo, so we have to wait for part 3 to see what happens. So you know, it's just a bridge between part 1 and part 3. It's frustrating.
    To make matters worse, they're turning Mockingjay into a two-parter. I swear to God, this whole "split the final installment into two parts" strategy is getting old really fast. Of course, we all know the reason...

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Lately I've been relaxing by watching movies I've already seen. Surprisingly it's not a boring experience, especially if it's been a while since I've seen a certain title.

Anyway, here are some of the movies that I really enjoyed watching...again:

Blown Away.jpg Street Fighter.jpg Convoy.jpg Final Destination.jpg Judgment Night.jpg
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. First, I gotta say that I haven't read the books, so I have no idea how much the movies follow the books. I leave that comparison to people who have read the books and just review the movie as it is.
    So, how is part 2 of The Hunger Games? Well, first of all it's a long movie. It's something like 2h 25min or close to that anyways. For understanding the movie, you have to see part 1 first or otherwise you sit there pretty clueless of what has happened before. It takes a looong time before the actual game starts in part 2. It takes at least like 1 hour and 30 minutes if not longer before the game starts. Till that it's mostly talk, talk and more talking. And just like in part 1, they introduce about 6-7 of the 24 contestants before the game starts and the rest is literally cannon fodder and 5-6 of them get killed within the first minute when the game starts just like in part 1. And after seeing part 2, I still have no idea where the whole story takes place. Is it on Earth or on some other planet in some other Universe? If it is on Earth, is it what we now know as the US that has changed to the 12 districts?
    If it is the US that has changed to those 12 districts, then why are the people who live in the capital dressed all fucked up? These are just a couple of questions you don't get any answers to when watching the movies. Perhaps it's explained in the books where it all takes place...
    Since The Hunger Games is shot as a four part trilogy, part 2 ends of course in a cliffhanger and that cliffhanger really is the best part in the whole movie. I'll give it barely 3 out of 5 points. Go see it if you want to know what happens in the 75th Hunger Games. I bought the first movie on Blu-ray when it was on sale for like $7 and will do the same with this one. No way I'm gonna buy it on the day it gets released. So not worth the money...

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug in HFR 3D. Part two of the Hobbit trilogy is good. It's very good! The action starts almost right away compared to the first movie, just because the gang is already half way on their way to the Lonely Mountain. The introduction of Tauriel, the made up female Elf character who's not in the book, played by Evangeline Lilly just boosts the action in the movie. The pace of the movie is good and it never slows down for a longer period of time. The CG effects are very very good! Probably the best I've ever seen! The High Frame Rate 3D is ridiculously good! What I can remember from the first one, this has been toned down color wise, but the picture is so clear and without any blurs that it's just amazing. Of course it ends with a major cliffhanger and I can almost promise you that you will hear a couple of wtf's?!! Are you kidding me's!, What the hell's?!, Is he (Jackson) serious?! at the movie theater if you don't say it your selves.
    A good 4 out of 5 points and I'll go and see it again on Sunday with my friend.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - I liked it a lot. Although the first hour or so before the actual games start was a bit slow, it was well worth the wait. Can't wait for Mockingjay Part 1!

Prisoners - This was a really really good film and totally underrated. Hugh Jackman's performance was top notch in this movie...in fact, everyone was superb! I recommend this movie if you're looking for an awesome intense, suspenseful and thrilling movie to watch!

I've watched many movies as of late. Most notable of them all was the Hobbit: TDOS. Two thumbs up!

Ninja 2 starring Scott Adkins. I really like Scott Adkins. I started becoming a fan of his in Undisputed III, and Expendables II. Though Ninja 2 kinda sux.

Out of the Furnace starring Christian Bale. Awesome movie. And I kinda like how it ends too. A must watch movie!

Vengeance is mine (1979)

Such an outrageous ride to human nature. Must-see Japanese film.

Captain Phillips - Such an intense movie! A must see and definitely will be nominated for best picture at the Oscars.