Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pain and Gain - Internationally

Default Pain and Gain - Internationally

Hey guys,

We had a simular thread like this in the TF3 thread, might come in handy for Michael to have this i thought.
    And for pulsing how things are worldwide.

Michael, it might be a good idea to reserve these spots for Pain and Gain in April..

image-433980431.jpg

image-3823849303.jpg
    this is at the gym.. they already got some movie advertisement there but P1G is a must!
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Default Re: Pain and Gain - Internationally

International... I would really be interested what international release P&G will get? Is there a chance for the Middle-Eastern Europe- Poland-Chech-Slovak-Hungary area? Would be really good to see it on big screen. And arround here there is a HUGE SILENCE about this movie...

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

Quote Originally Posted by Aliafne View Post
    International... I would really be interested what international release P&G will get? Is there a chance for the Middle-Eastern Europe- Poland-Chech-Slovak-Hungary area? Would be really good to see it on big screen. And arround here there is a HUGE SILENCE about this movie...
    Looks like a tricky situation. Surprisingly my country is one of the few from the ones that already has a release date for P&G - 3 May. I guess Hungary should have a similar release date. I'm surprised that countries like Flyingheart's Belgium will have to wait 4 months after the official premiere to see the movie in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Looks like a tricky situation. Surprisingly my country is one of the few from the ones that already has a release date for P&G - 3 May. I guess Hungary should have a similar release date. I'm surprised that countries like Flyingheart's Belgium will have to wait 4 months after the official premiere to see the movie in August.
    Wouw.. am i being punished or what?! Your right bro.. 21/08/2013 to be excact in Belgium.. i could ask myself wtf i'm still doing here after Yolanthe being cut out of the movie and now this right? but.. i could still go to the Netherlands where the release is on the 02/05/2013 which is still late.
    I'm guessing that Pain and Gain just has no hurry to come to theaters because studios might not have high hopes for the movie, i'm guessing it's just a harddrive with the movie on it right? and that gets sent through the mail i believe..? it should be a biggy getting here in time at all.

It's strategecly planned to get here late for some reason, i'm guesing.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...

No release date/advertisement in Japan yet.

image-3853132462.jpg

Source: IMDB

Who the fuck is giving these threads 1 f*ckin star if i may ask? Who ever it is your a sad little person..

Back on-topic..

Just seen the trailer in my country. They translate it in my language as Blood & Sweat. WTF?!?

Official Int'l release date: http://www.painandgainmovie.com/_app...ase-dates.html
    Japan has yet to be on the list.

August 30 in Spain... what the hell?

This kind of schedules don't make sense. I don't think people with interest in the movie will wait so long to see it...

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    August 30 in Spain... what the hell?

This kind of schedules don't make sense. I don't think people with interest in the movie will wait so long to see it...
    Same here August 18th >:-/

Quote Originally Posted by sora View Post
    Official Int'l release date: http://www.painandgainmovie.com/_app...ase-dates.html
    Japan has yet to be on the list.
    Strange, my country is not on this list but is on the one at IMDb and is also already confirmed for a May 3rd release by the company that has the rights of the movie here.

Banned

wtf man..

my country not listed there either..

f*** it.. i'll just import the blu ray..

with big stars like the rock and mark wahlberg this should have gotten better release dates..

Banned

the dates for the movie sucks ass worldwide.. even the US date is stupid.. enjoy your week of success before Iron Man 3 comes out on May 3rd! then it will drop off then..

This release schedule is more stupid than the dotm blu ray/dvd release schedule..

its like paramount didn't even bother with it. they didn't really want to make the movie in the 1st place, and they only did it cause they wanted to get Bay to do TF4.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

It is stupid. With the industry trying to fight piracy, why on earth do they split the release dates for movies so much? They know Michael's movies are of high demand, going so far as the Transformers movies to be some of the most pirated movies of their year, so wouldn't they think it would be best to get Pain & Gain out worldwide at the same time? Especially as a way to make a massive profit from such a low budget movie.

New Zealand: August 8. There are so many people I know that want to see this. Sure many people know I love movies, but I haven't even need to tell them about Pain & Gain, I've actually brought it up with people and they've known what it is, based just on the internet, no promotion over here yet. This movie will be huge, and oh boy were they disappointed at being told we have to wait to August when the trailers online told them it was April.

It is interesting though, the UK release seems to have moved. I thought they got it in May, seems like they're now August too. No sign of a release date in the Philippines, which is a shame as I have a friend over there till Christmas that is really keen to see it.

I have a feeling this will become one of the most pirated movies of the year sadly, and perhaps get the most Blu-ray and DVD imports from America. By the time the movie is in cinemas in countries overseas, the BD will probably be getting released in America

This turned into quite the rant, oh well. Sorry, I guess I'm just sick of having to wait 1-2 months for movies all the time. Poor Italy though, late September
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

Banned

wonder if Michael knew about these dates, would love to hear his opinion about all of this.. I kinda feel like they tricked him, gave him the small movie he wanted, then set it up to fail.. then they can tell him in the future that small movies don't work and he should stick to big blockbusters.. that way they can have him making TF movies for the rest of his life.. lol

I was actually looking forward to this more than TF4. You guys think it will fail? it comes out 1 week before ironman 3, then great gatsby the week after, then star trek, then fast & furious 6 and hangover 3.. It's a solid line up of movies, with most ppl seeing maybe 1 movie a week.. There isn't a lot of time for P&G to dominate.. maybe they should have gone with an August worldwide release?

It kinda feels like Battleship all over again.. that got a worldwide release, but US got it a month after.. and it did well worldwide, but flopped in the US..
    here its the opposite.. it will do okay in the US, but will probably flop worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    wonder if Michael knew about these dates, would love to hear his opinion about all of this.. I kinda feel like they tricked him, gave him the small movie he wanted, then set it up to fail.. then they can tell him in the future that small movies don't work and he should stick to big blockbusters.. that way they can have him making TF movies for the rest of his life.. lol
    I guess release date is all up to Paramounts of each country. For an example, American movies have been struggling in the highly competitive market in Japan. A lot of Hollywood movies get a straight-to-video treatment here unless it's a huge blockbuster or Oscar-awarded. The number of theaters, available time frame, popularity, various factors may influence the date.

I've been hyping this film up to loads of people in the UK. Now I have to wait until August?? Fuck that, I'm downloading it.
    I've always defended Michael Bay against attacks that his films are full of stupid explosions, girls in underwear and mindless characters... but then he made Transformers 2 and I conceded...

It's strategy... If P&G opened April 26 here in Sweden it would get dominated by Iron Man 3.

You want a date for a movie that isn't going to get dominated by a bigbudget movie like Iron Man 3.

I haven't seen Pain and Gain yet i got sh*t to do..

I SUCK!!! XD i'm sorry! i'll go ASAP i swear!

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Official UK poster:

UK Pain & Gain.jpg

It opens there at the end of August.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Magazine - Muscle & Fitness NL :

image-3420033307.jpg

There were some good pages in it but lot's of powders which i stay away from..

Some great tips and recipes, go check it out.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Just booked my tickets for the best seats! So pumped for Friday night!
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

Starting next week here in Germany. Too bad only at bad (late) times - at least in the original version theatre. Wanted to see it on the big screen but then again, according to the trailer it looks pretty digital (equals bad) like most movies nowadays. So maybe not such a big loss. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Official UK poster:

UK Pain & Gain.jpg

It opens there at the end of August.
    Same poster here. Pretty awful, isn't it? The generic look aside, all the white at the top... who did this? Ah well..