Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Reynor

I just hired a great new actor for Transformers 4 to star against Mark Wahlberg. Jack Reynor, he is an Irish kid that came to America with 30 bucks in his pocket. Pretty ballsy. Seriously who does that? Anyway I spotted him in a great little Irish movie WHAT RICHARD DID. This kid is the real deal.

Transformers 4, is not a reboot. That word has been floating around on the net.

This movie takes place exactly 4 years after the war in Chicago. The story makes a very natural transition, and reason as to why we have a whole new cast. This Transformers will feel very different than the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy.

Michael

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Default Re: Jack Reynor

Very excited and it's great to hear that there will be two more films! I hope 4 isn't your last that you'll also do the other two!

That's great news. Jack Reynor was the best choice from the list of possibilities that we've heard about.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    This Transformers will feel very different then the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy.
    And the million dollar question is:

"Is Michael Bay directing or only producing TF5 and TF6?"

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    That's great news. Jack Reynor was the best choice from the list of possibilities that we've heard about.

I can confirm he may be directing, producing, or doing none of that for TF5 and TF6. But that is all I can confirm at this time.

Anyways congrats to Jack! I would have auditioned for Jacks role, but would have been cast as the pet dog. Can't wait to see him doing his thing!

One movie at a time, dude.

but yeah, congrats to Jack Reynor! Not just a fresh face for the Transformers franchise, but for Hollywood in general. I wish him the best.

Yeah yeah, this question is still alive but we really don't need an answer to that yet. TF4 is still over a year and a half away.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Very cool, grats on the new addition to the film! Its Gona rock.

Be safe.
    Firefighter, EMT. Chicago. Honored to have been able to be a small part of Transformers Dark of the Moon!! Rock on and Be safe everyone! Jim.

Wow, so apparently Variety's Jeff Sneider is pissed that Michael Bay Dot Com is breaking the news first and not his site. From his Twitter account:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2434495.html

Attention Studios & Agencies: You're putting Variety in a VERY difficult position that encourages reporters to publish every single rumor...
    @DanaBrunetti
    No, it's the studios & agencies, at least this time. We didn't get beat on this one, Michael Bay wanted to do my job for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    One movie at a time, dude.
    I know I know.

I just can't help but think about it after Michael's words "We are embarking on a new trilogy". I personally doubt that Michael will dedicate the next 6-7 years of his life and career doing more TF movies. More likely he'll only produce. And if he directs them then I guess he'll shoot another movies between the episodes as he did with P&G. Also with the news of a new trilogy the possibility of shooting back to back TF5 and TF6 is pretty big now.
    But you're right. One movie at a time. Let's focus on the present.

This is fantastic news Michael and an excellent casting choice in Jack Reynor.I simply cannot wait for Transformers 4!

Here's an interview with Jack Reynor about his movie "What Richard Did" that impressed Michael . Really like him. Much more mature than Shia. Just have to work on his accent.

And here's the trailer of the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXTcSCp8R6E

"...We are embarking on a new trilogy." seriously? WOW! Mr. Michael Bay you are the best of all times!!!

Great to hear from you again Michael and good choice btw, i saw the trailer of that movie seems like a good actor wish him the best and fun on the set.

Don't you need to have $150,000 first to become a U.S. citizen? Anyways thats pretty cool of him to go into survival mode in a different country and getting experience out of it, all the best to him and to you Michael.

Btw will Yolanthe be in P&G? i know i'm whinning.. :P
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Wow, so apparently Variety's Jeff Sneider is pissed that Michael Bay Dot Com is breaking the news first and not his site. From his Twitter account:

Don't blame Michael, most of these reporters have like 100 things on their minds and one wrong thing in the media and Michael has to clean up after them for months to set things straight for people.. But this is also good cause it shines a spotlight on Michael which i don't mind about at all i rather hear BS than nothing at all even i don't know if Yolanthe is in or out of P&G because of earlier mistakes about another movie Yolanthe was in..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Hilarious.

Bay sticking it to the press... nice find!
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Really like him. Much more mature than Shia. Just have to work on his accent.
    He doesn't have to work on his accent. When he says something, Optimus is like, "What did you say" and Raynor just says "I'm Irish, aay".

Interesting indeed. WeŽll see how he will hold up.

great to hear, "Trilogy" in the mix of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    I just hired a great new actor for Transformers 4 to star against Mark Wahlberg. Jack Reynor, he is an Irish kid that came to America with 30 bucks in his pocket. Pretty ballsy. Seriously who does that? Anyway I spotted him in a great little Irish movie WHAT RICHARD DID. This kid is the real deal.

Transformers 4, is not a reboot. That word has been floating around on the net.

This movie takes place exactly 4 years after the war in Chicago. The story makes a very natural transition, and reason as to why we have a whole new cast. This Transformers will feel very different than the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy.

Michael
    I new it hahah. about the movie being moved into the future. very risky. but what is Michael but anything but a risk taker. Great too this moving forward. If i may say to make this movie like this show reflect on flashbacks in order to pull a hidden story for all the other 3 movies. to link all them together

Banned

@Steve A hahahaha, nice profile pic!

First words from Jack Reynor about his TF4 role:

Speaking with BANG Showbiz at the London Critics Circle Film Awards, Reynor confirms that he is bulking up for Transformers 4. "I'm training very intensely at the moment. I'm going to keep that up until we shoot. I'm going to do some different courses, some different things I need to pick up for the film. My character seems to be a race car driver so I'm going to be doing a couple of driving courses and getting out on the track." He also briefly comments on his audition process and how he nabbed the coveted role. "It was after a film I was doing, 'The Delivery Man', with Dreamworks. I went through quite a rigorous audition process out in L.A., and after a certain amount of auditions and meetings with different executives, I managed to pull it off."

Concerning Wahlberg, Reynor says that he hasn't met him yet, but he's excited. "I haven't met him before, but I'm really excited. He's one of my favourite actors. I just think he's brilliant. I have a huge amount of respect for him as an actor so I can't wait to get on set with him." He also has this to say about director Michael Bay. "I think Michael Bay has his ideas about it and I'm going to go along with him. He seems to know what he's doing."
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=72978

Seems like a good guy. He'll do well... I'm sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Great to hear from you again Michael and good choice btw, i saw the trailer of that movie seems like a good actor wish him the best and fun on the set.

Don't you need to have $150,000 first to become a U.S. citizen? Anyways thats pretty cool of him to go into survival mode in a different country and getting experience out of it, all the best to him and to you Michael.

Btw will Yolanthe be in P&G? i know i'm whinning.. :P

I believe that Reynor was born in America, but was brought up in Ireland

Thumbs up Re: Jack Reynor

I guess you can hire Bridgit Mendler to be in TF4 to play Mark Wahlberg's daughter! She is really talented!
    Transformers FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!