Thread: Citizen Soldier

Banned

Default Citizen Soldier

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=24120251

This video is the shit and for those of you that have not seen it, I wanted to share it with you. This gose out to all our Soldiers fighting everywhere

Default Re: Citizen Soldier

Its a great video but it glamorizes it all.
    Last edited by Devastator; 01-22-2008 at 01:10 PM.

WOOT, FINALLY A 3 Doors Down Fan! This aired with Rendition I think. I saw it on the Big screen. 3 Doors has always supported the troops. The video pays tribute to the soldiers. They are known for helping out the troops with shows. Big 3 Doors fan, and Brad Arnold has the bes damn live rock voice I have ever heard! Go to a concert, and if ya don't like em going in you will coming out!
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

I have nothing against 3 Doors Down, but that video is just plain bullshit.
    It is isn't a tribute to Soldiers, it's yet another sucker punch advertisement to get kids in who think it will be like living a damn action movie. I'd like a video that shows that National Guard unable to help with disaster relief because they are being mis-used by being sent into Iraq. Or that Soldier who has to pick up his friends guts off the ground after an IED goes off.

Let me post my little video, what being a Soldier really looks like:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yxtNeSm0NHo

Don't let yourself be fooled by their bullshit.

Casey
    View My Latest Video/Photo Work Here!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaseyJPorterOfficial

Normally I don't weigh in, but I don't like that ad (it's also played in front of some of the movies at the theatre). It glamorizes life in the service (much like most of those ads) in a way that is misleading.

Thanks for posting your video again Casey. It eerily hits way too close to home. (I love that Moby song, BTW)

I love the video for what it is... a video, but anyone who knows it's just another way to try and hook people into glamorizing what is anything but.

3 Doors really does support the troops, but I think they were asked to do something and they did so not realizing it would turn into a recruitment video. Because they have always remained neutral on their stances only saying they support the troops. Great men, but Casey I really love your stuff. Damn do I love your stuff.
    The only thing worse than stupid people are stupid people who bother me...
    Bumblebee1983:
    I'm da bomb.
    xXRavenXx:
    I'm Da Bomb... you can be my igniter though **Humms Light My Fire by The Doors** lol
    Bumblebee1983:
    As for being your igniter.....umm.....okay.
    xXRavenXx:
    **Thrilled with BB Raven sings afternoon delight from Anchorman**

I can see the part they feel this is a patriotic.Its an attempt at boosting moral for the National Guard and demonstrate their support.If the U.S. government cut a check for this,then it is misleading.As a vet like you Cj,I see your point as well.I went to Iraq under the impression that Rambo was in all of us.After seeing the video you put,I got the chills from the fuel Hmmts blown by IED's.I Think if the truck were dry with JP8 fumes,it would have had a different flash point in hot ass Iraq.You can see the fuel dripping out.The vehicle wouldn't have made it.nor the driver and passenger.I think this may be recruiting too.I liked the song too,if you close your eyes and imagine your Iraq.

"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious. - Oscar Wilde" As spoken by Sean Connery in a Michael Bay film: THE ROCK. Truthfully, I think they knew what they were doing. Yes, Barricade, one of the pictures you speak about was in fact the IED that I missed, 3 times. I actually hate the song too, probably because I know it's written by someone who has never served. Raven, thanks for the all the kudos on my videos.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CJP View Post
    "Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious. - Oscar Wilde" As spoken by Sean Connery in a Michael Bay film: THE ROCK. Truthfully, I think they knew what they were doing. Yes, Barricade, one of the pictures you speak about was in fact the IED that I missed, 3 times. I actually hate the song too, probably because I know it's written by someone who has never served. Raven, thanks for the all the kudos on my videos.
    Wow dude dont you think your being a little harsh? Three Doors down did in fact write the song. Ya it is an ad and ya Im sure the government paid to have the vid made to try to recruit but what anymore isnt an ad for something? reguardless on the true meaning of the vid I still think it is a good vid. Three Doors Down has always been behind our troops.

Seen it a bunch. Nice video and all, but yeah, the non 3 Doors Down parts reek of more "BUY ME! BUY ME!"-style advertising than the Budweiser and Miller Lite commercials.

I'd bet all the military scenes in Transformers were far more realistic than any one scene in that whole video.
    "You can't fix stupid." - Ron White

I think that video is disturbing for a lot of reasons. I have great sympathy for the people who serve, but that video is manipulative. I've never served in the military (I physically can't) but I am a trained first responder, which anyone can learn through basic classes. You do not have to be in the military to help people in need, whose lives have been affected by disaster. What the military does is so much more complicated and dangerous than that. The video sugarcoats their lives in a way that is dangerous to young people who watch that and think that it's that simple. As Casey, who knows better than I pointed out, it's never that simple.

I also didn't like the idea of "I fired the shot that started a nation." That completely trivializes the political work it took to create this country and it makes us look like violent warmongers. That's not how adults solve problems.

That said, when I first saw this video it was followed immediately by a trailer for the film "Stop Loss" and I thought to myself, the mere fact that opposing viewpoints like that can be safely expressed is one of the things that does make my country great. A lot of people in the world can't say that, so that is something to be proud of.
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Thumbs up Re: Citizen Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow2879 View Post
    Wow dude dont you think your being a little harsh? Three Doors down did in fact write the song. Ya it is an ad and ya Im sure the government paid to have the vid made to try to recruit but what anymore isnt an ad for something? reguardless on the true meaning of the vid I still think it is a good vid. Three Doors Down has always been behind our troops.
    Well, I'm not bashing 3 Doors Down. But I do hope they aren't naive enough to look at that video and really think that's what it's all about. It's a dirty trick on the poor and under-educated. Plain and simple.