Thread: TF4 Will Have a New Cast of Characters and It Will be a Story Revolving Around Them!

Default TF4 Will Have a New Cast of Characters and It Will be a Story Revolving Around Them!

Transformers-4-Logo_1347391210.jpg

At least that's what Brian Goldner (president of Hasbro) said. Here's the whole thing:

Transformers 3 didnít meet expectations. What about Transformers 4?
    Brian says TF3 did well in boxoffice. Regarding toy sales... itís because of same characters in all three movies. This is why Transformers 4 will have a new cast of [robot] characters and it will be a story revolving around these new characters. Brian said Transformers will branch out to more categories. For example; during Transformers 3, they had an idea to expand the Transformers brand on Little Kids segment. This was the origin of Rescuebots said Mr. Goldner. Soon the idea took a separate life and evolved to a separate toyline. He said itís normal for any brand to experience the situation (what happened to Transformers 3 toyline) and stated that brands need re-imagining, reinvent and hinted that the same is to happen with Transformers 4.
    Hmm, I wonder if they'll keep any of the previous characters. Maybe they're going the 86 movie way with Rodimus, Galvatron etc. I wouldn't mind. It would be interesting to see but very difficult to create because they have to start from scratch.

Source:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...erence-175894/

Default Re: TF4 Will Have a New Cast of Characters and It Will be a Story Revolving Around Th

So let me get this straight. The toys are gonna determine what will happen in TF4? So Michael Bay and the people who write the script has to go to Hasbro to see what kind of toys they are gonna launch for TF4 and write a script based on those toys?

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: TF4 Will Have a New Cast of Characters and It Will be a Story Revolving Around Th

Transformers 3 didnít meet expectations. What about Transformers 4?

: rol

When "Transformers 4" comes out these folks will say "That movie didn't meet expectations. What about "Transformers 5"? Oh wait, it will also suck. So...what about "Transformers 10"? "

If Michael's reading these things he's probably facepalming all the time. I know the guy who wrote the article is also a member here, so maybe he'll clear things up - what's with "didn't meet expectations"? I ask not because I adore the movie, but because my job is all about facts and it bugs me when someone just throws something like that in the middle of an article without explaining his/her position or what's the context if it's taken from an interview. In this case I doubt that someone actually said that to Goldner: "Ya know Brian, "Transformers 3" didn't meet expectations. So what about "Transformers 4"? "

Sounds very lame and disrespectful and no serious journalist would say it.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post

When "Transformers 4" comes out these folks will say "That movie didn't meet expectations. What about "Transformers 5"? Oh wait, it will also suck. So...what about "Transformers 10"? "

If Michael's reading these things he's probably facepalming all the time. I know the guy who wrote the article is also a member here, so maybe he'll clear things up - what's with "didn't meet expectations"? I ask not because I adore the movie, but because my job is all about facts and it bugs me when someone just throws something like that in the middle of an article without explaining his/her position or what's the context if it's taken from an interview. In this case I doubt that someone actually said that to Goldner: "Ya know Brian, "Transformers 3" didn't meet expectations. So what about "Transformers 4"? "

They meant that TF3 didn't meet the expectations about the toy sales, not the actual movie. The TF3 toys are considered to be a huge let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    They meant that TF3 didn't meet the expectations about the toy sales, not the actual movie. The TF3 toys are considered to be a huge let down.
    Yeah, NIMBRatchet's history on here and on TFW2005 shows that he's very enthusiastic about the movies. No need to worry about that.

And he's right about the TF3 toy line, it was a huge letdown. All of the bots shrunk so they could cram in those stupid Mechtech weapons. They should really just focus on the core gimmick of the toys: transformation.

As for TF4, this new cast...I'm game, as long as they don't kill off all of the old regulars in the first 20 minutes like a certain 1986 movie did...

My question still remains. Is Michael Bay only allowed to use characters in TF4 that Hasbro decides to release as toys?
    So when Hasbro has now decided that they won't do a fourth Optimus and Bumblebee toy cause everybody have at least one of the three that have already been released, then Michael Bay and his crew can't have them in the movie?

Good ol' Albershide. Thanks for posting it here. I was going to come around but got late. Yep everybody, that's pretty much what Mr. Goldner said. A title is not announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post

Hi Bayhem,

The journalist asked about the Toy Sales, not about the movie. Brian Goldner represents Hasbro and all the journalists at the conference respected his opinion.

"Transformers 3 didn't meet expectations. So what about "Transformers 4?" was not the actual statement made by the journalist who asked the question. It's me shortening the lengthy question. And I apologize if it felt disrespectful. However in my defense, I only got one shot to write things down during the conference and I had to cut time by shortening any and all unimportant things so that I have more time to write-down statements from Mr. Brian Goldner. Besides, I write articles for a Transformers Fan Site and it's ok not to go extremely professional. As long as the fans get the message... then I'm happy with it.

Hope this cleared things up for you.

Kind Regards,
    NIBMRatchet

Quote Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
    Hope this cleared things up for you.

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

All I'm asking for is to get a new writer...
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by NIBMRatchet View Post
    Good ol' Albershide. Thanks for posting it here.
    It's been a while. Nice to see you back!

Now back on topic. You guys are missing the main point in the article. Forget TF4, Hasbro are re-releasing Stretch Armstrong and they are making a movie with him.

stretch-armstrong-stretch.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    And he's right about the TF3 toy line, it was a huge letdown. All of the bots shrunk so they could cram in those stupid Mechtech weapons. They should really just focus on the core gimmick of the toys: transformation.

As for TF4, this new cast...I'm game, as long as they don't kill off all of the old regulars in the first 20 minutes like a certain 1986 movie did...
    I agree ten-fold. The figures for ROTF were so well done, that I'm sure Hasbro had trouble topping themselves.

But I can't see them pulling the '86 move again. Prime and Bee can be the base; the launch-pad for bringing in all the new characters they want. (At least for the Autobots, in terms of the Decepticons, I'm interested to see where and who we'll pick-up with.)
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

TF3 put so many unknown transformers in it,that's why nobody buy the toys..they should really need to put real transformers from cartoon into it..no more protoform soldier & alien craft please..

Its still pretty early to start thinking much about the next movie. I'm sure anything they have determined could still be overruled and changed by now and before filming. Hopefully Bay will shed some light on this by around April of '13

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    Its still pretty early to start thinking much about the next movie. I'm sure anything they have determined could still be overruled and changed by now and before filming. Hopefully Bay will shed some light on this by around April of '13
    When do they have to start creating the models of the tfs?

I think the hasbro people need to stop thinking like fukwits and start thinking in terms of movie and script development.

Its confirmed Peter Cullen will be returning from the news page, so looks like we will get all the current bots plus whatever new ones come around

Very cool. It hope the old Bots are around somehow though. I would miss them. But new ones would really add to the story.
    R.I.P. Ironhide

HHhmm.. ok then.. let's see how things go..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

uhhh.. I bought Shockwave, Sentinel Prime, The SUV Dread and the Wreckers.
    I would have gotten Que and Soundwave (never found them) and Dino (they never made him).

Since we're talking about new characters and new actors...Montag and Kutcher are still waiting. Hire them right away, Mike. With them in "Transformers 4" the folks out there will forget about Shia and Megan.

Quote Originally Posted by bjoneill74 View Post
    uhhh.. I bought Shockwave, Sentinel Prime, The SUV Dread and the Wreckers.

I would have gotten Que and Soundwave (never found them) and Dino (they never made him).
    Thats TRUE, they have shown many other bots on the movie that never came to toys line (like the mega robots shooting in cybertron while the ark is scaping) and not talking about main characters (like Cerebros, wheelie's partner)... There is a lot of work undone in that area, and they are talking about new line ... personally I collect the little size (legends/cyberverse) and there are BIG holes due to missing characters.

Therefore I should not take serious that comment "Toys first then movie"... at this point my collection goes close to 70% characters based on Michael Bay's work, there is a lack of creativity in takara/hasbro team to bring new ideas, instead of repaints and recalls they should follow the movie direction and bring that art to toys line and/or complete undone work for previews movies.

I just don't want the 4th movie based on "repaints and recall" if is going to be based on toys and art creation from takara and hasbro.

I might get one more glass cabinet soon, there are still some toys unwrapped around, and they are kind of pack.