Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Turtles Script

Default Ninja Turtles Script

The leaked script for Ninja Turtles that different sites continue to comment on was written well before I, or anyone at Platinum Dunes, was involved with the project.

That script saw the shredder a long time ago.

This is tired, old news -- Wait for the movie!

Michael

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Ninja Turtles Script

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Wait for the movie!

That's the right thing to do. But these "fans" can't just sit back and wait. If they don't bitch and whine they'll probably cease to exist. It's sad that so many people thrive on hatred and post negative stuff all the time.

Truly sad. I don't even know why you explain stuff to them, Michael. They don't deserve it.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

I knew it. There's no way a script that ridiculous would have made it through.

Haha, shredder. I see what you did there.

And now suddenly no one is quoting Michael on this. Obviously I have to write the article at CBM.

The leaked script for Ninja Turtles that different sites continue to comment on was written well before I, or anyone at Platinum Dunes, was involved with the project.

This is tired, old news -- Wait for the movie!

Michael
    Good to know,michael
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

This is good news obviously,

But for some reason I think don't think this important bit of news will be reported on as much as the script leak was.

After all, this is Michael Bay we're talking about. Lord forbid he actually does this movie justice for the fans. They haters don't want that.

They may even go so far as to say he's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMtationX View Post
    This is good news obviously,

But for some reason I think don't think this important bit of news will be reported on as much as the script leak was.

After all, this is Michael Bay we're talking about. Lord forbid he actually does this movie justice for the fans. They haters don't want that.

They may even go so far as to say he's lying.

I really hope the haters relax now.

Plus I always felt Michael and co were good at keeping things under wraps.
    "How Come the Decepticons have all the cool shit"

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

There we are! Thank you Mr. Bay!

Thanks for letting us know that it's canned...However, We both know it was announced that Bay and PD got hired in late 2010 by Paramount. Then remember that on of the earliest writers to get attached after this was Marcum and Holloway while Applebaum and Nemec were only attached since late 2011 and the date ON THE SCRIPT is January 2012 lol.

Reference points:

Paramount and Viacom gets the rights to TMNT in 2009: http://www.deadline.com/2009/10/nick...ights-for-60m/

Platinum Dunes gets attached in late 2010: http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/plat...tles-relaunch/

First set of Writers are hired: http://www.deadline.com/2010/08/para...big-franchise/

Applebaum and Nemec are hired: http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/para...ninja-turtles/

Also y'all should remember prior to it's time at Paramount the last writer mentioned to be attached was John Fusco.

I don't do this to disrespect Bay because I'm glad he addressed this but not EVERYTHING he says is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetre15 View Post
    ...but not EVERYTHING he says is true.

Is this a courtroom? No.

Are you a DA? No.

Are we talking about a brutal crime or a terrorist attack? No.

We are talking about a movie about fighting turtles. So let's not blow this thing out of proportion. Judging by the way the Turtles fans have treated Bay I'm surprised that he's not posting only lies just to have fun with these people. Because after the nasty stuff they've said, they certainly don't deserve a serious response from Bay.

Bottom line - he said the script these fanboys whined about doesn't exist anymore. That's all you need to know.

Move on.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Is this a courtroom? No.

Are you a DA? No.

Are we talking about a brutal crime or a terrorist attack? No.

We are talking about a movie about fighting turtles. So let's not blow this thing out of proportion. Judging by the way the Turtles fans have treated Bay I'm surprised that he's not posting only lies just to have fun with these people. Because after the nasty stuff they've said, they certainly don't deserve a serious response from Bay.

Bottom line - he said the script these fanboys whined about doesn't exist anymore. That's all you need to know.

Move on.

1. Thats why I said this:

Thanks for letting us know that it's canned
    2. I never said I took it THAT seriously but I'm just pointing out that people here shouldn't take his "explanations" as gospel like some are here.

...I'm just pointing out that people here shouldn't take his "explanations" as gospel like some are here.

I'm pretty sure the folks here are smart enough to make up their own minds.

I'm pretty sure the folks here are smart enough to make up their own minds.
    But that depends on how closely they were watching the production of this prior to the "Turtlegate" fiasco and has nothing to do with their IQ.

But that depends on how closely they were watching the production of this prior to the "Turtlegate" fiasco and has nothing to do with their IQ.

Everything you know about the production is coming from articles on the web that are accessible to all people. A person needs Google and 10 minutes and he'll know everything he needs to know about this project.

Also, my comment was not about IQ and I would ask you to not derail this thread by talking about the members here and what they know and don't know. Thank you.

Everything you know about the production is coming from articles on the web that are accessible to all people. A person needs Google and 10 minutes and he'll know everything he needs to know about this project.

Also, my comment was not about IQ and I would ask you to not derail this thread by talking about the members here and what they know and don't know. Thank you.

Im not trying to do that, I'm saying that whether or not they were up to speed on everything regarding this film has nothing to do with how smart they are....All I'm saying.

...I'm saying that whether or not they were up to speed on everything regarding this film has nothing to do with how smart they are.

Of course, that goes without saying.

Moving on.

The only thing Bay has ever lied about were plot points, which was merely for the purpose of keeping the plot a secret for as long as possible. The best example of this I remember was whether or not Megatron was coming back in ROTF. Bay originally said no, then said he would appear in flashback, and so on. Then the trailers came. This is why I think the whole "alien" thing is still suspect.

As far as this script issue goes, I say his word is 100% true on this one. It has more to do with actual things going on with the production and just plain fact checking rather than the plot itself. This also isn't the first leaked script controversy we've seen on here.

So are the people who wrote the script still working on the film?

Banned

ppl got nothing better to do.. 1st this ninja turtle shit.. and now the developers of the transformers game 'fall of cybertron' tweeted and posted on fb a link to an article saying the game is better than the movies.. ugh, all the haters out in full force.. im busy abusing them all..

Its not all fanboys who are crazy, there is a certain type of fanboys, that just can't accept any change at all!

how i wish there was a hater convention and someone would just lock the doors and blow the place up.

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    ...how i wish there was a hater convention and someone would just lock the doors and blow the place up.
    The way you're talking right now, you don't seem any better than they are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    The way you're talking right now, you don't seem any better than they are.

i get tired of reading the comments, its everywhere.. on my twitter, fb etc.. for some reason it drives me really mad, when ppl hate on the movies, they don't realize without the movies, there would be no transformers prime, the games etc.. all they would have is beast wars and g1 and that japanese stuff.. i don't know why i take it personally when i read negative comments.. it just pisses me off. I sound like that, cause i was replying to some of them and was heated, then i came on here, and saw this post.

i get tired of reading the comments, its everywhere.. on my twitter, fb etc.. for some reason it drives me really mad, when ppl hate on the movies, they don't realize without the movies, there would be no transformers prime, the games etc.. all they would have is beast wars and g1 and that japanese stuff.. i don't know why i take it personally when i read negative comments.. it just pisses me off. I sound like that, cause i was replying to some of them and was heated, then i came on here, and saw this post.
    Saying shit like "how i wish there was a hater convention and someone would just lock the doors and blow the place up" sets a bad example for yourself and your fellow Bay/TF fans. That's exactly the kind of tone the batshit crazy haters use. You're better than that, show some class.

I can't believe folks here get worked up over haters getting worked up over this movie. It's a work of fiction, guys. I take political science courses in college, and I think it would be really silly if we suddenly stopped discussing real world issues that actually matter and started debating the sanctity of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. Imagine if the friggen' presidential candidates' platforms included what the hell we should do about the TMNT reboot. (Come to think of it, maybe that will get more young people to vote, hmmm.)

It seems like folks from both sides can't help but talk about this movie without having a coronary.

Its not all fanboys who are crazy, there is a certain type of fanboys, that just can't accept any change at all!
    I can't accept change. It's just that this script is Ninja Turtles in name only. You could change all the characters names and noone would even realize it was a Ninja Turtles script in the first place.

The script may have been tossed out, but what I'm wondering is, how many ideas were kept from it? After all, Joel Schumacher's initial follow-up to Batman & Robin included the Scarecrow as the villain, and while that film may not have been made, Batman Begins did use the Scarecrow as one of the three villains of the film. There were several versions of the "Batman origin film" tossed around before Batman Begins was made, one of which had Bruce Wayne on the opposite side of the economy and working in a garage for a guy named "Big Al" or something. That film wasn't made either, but they still ended up making a film about Batman's origins.

I'm aware that it's not quite the same, I'm just saying that until we see the movie, we're not going to know what's been left in and what's been tossed out. For all we know, some of the ridiculous stuff like the alien Turtle Warriors or the Colonel Schrader stuff, could still be there. I'll certainly try to give Bay and co the benefit of the doubt until then.