Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Randoms

Default Hercules

Looking Into Radical, Dave Elliott, Alan Moore, Steve Moore And Hercules
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston
    Earlier this week, Bleeding Cool Editor-in-Chief Hannah Means-Shannon interviewed Alan Moore, during which Moore expressed his extreme displeasure over the actions of Radical Studios regarding the Hercules movie staring The Rock. He alleged that they had mistreated his friend, Steve Moore, who had written the comic the movie is based upon, before his death, then lionised him afterwards to promote the movie.

This included finding a way not to pay the $15,000 lump sum earlier contracts had guaranteed Steve Moore would receive when the movie was made, and that having asked for his name to be taken off the film, Steve Moore’s name was used to promote the film after his death.

Default Re: Randoms

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    No one says that Singer is a bad filmmaker. Just because the facts (read "numbers") are sometimes against him doesn't mean that people bash him. And there's a difference between a "personal opinion/view" and "facts". It is a fact that "X-Men 3" is a successful movie (in terms of box office).

"It sucks" or "It's great" - that's not a fact. Never was a fact, never will be a fact. That's a personal opinion. Unfortunately some people on the web still think that "opinion = fact". Thankfully I'm older now and I'm not that ignorant. That's why when I talk about movies/music/books in most cases I keep my opinions to myself and I rely mainly on cold, hard facts to support my statements. And in this case, the box office numbers are the facts.

If Singer's new movie picks up speed then more power to him. But at this point things are not that good at the box office.
    Well Ratner's X-Men 3 sucked and wished Singer was back in it but luckily the new X-Men movies ignore the third movie's existence and retcon on it i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Bring it!

Attachment 6194
    Kind of reminds me of Machine Girl

/film:
    ‘Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair’ Limited Release Coming Next Year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Han
    At his Dynamite Entertainment panel, Tarantino was asked yet again for a status update on Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair. Here’s what he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin Tarantino
    What’s going on with that is originally back when Kill Bill was going to be one movie, I wrote an even longer anime sequence. So you see in the movie [O-Ren] kill her boss but then there was that long hair guy… The big sequence was her fighting that guy. I.G. [The Japanese Anime Studio] who did Ghost in the Shell said we can’t do that and finish it in time for your thing. And [plus] you can’t have a thirty-minute piece in your movie. I said okay. It was my favorite part but it was the part you could drop. So we dropped it and then later when I.G. heard we were talking about doing Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair — they still had the script so without even being commissioned, they just did it and paid for it themselves. It’s really terrific. Anyway, The Weinstein Company and myself were talking about actually coming out with it sometime, not before the year is out, but within the next year with limited theatrical engagement as well.s well.

Default Wes Anderson's Aquaman

THR:
    'Aquaman' Movie Hooks Two Writers (Exclusive)
    Will Beall, who wrote 'Gangster Squad,' and Kurt Johnstad, who wrote '300: Rise of an Empire,' are tackling two separate scripts for Warner Bros.

Default Acme Warehouse

Acme 'Looney Tunes' Movie Finds New Momentum with 'X-Men: First Class' Writers (Exclusive)
    But wait, there's more: 'Crazy Stupid Love' directors also are in talks to board
    X-Men: First Class scribes Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz are going a little looney, and directors Glenn Ficarra and John Requa may soon join them.

The power writing duo has been hired to write the untitled Acme movie project being developed by Warner Bros. At the same time, Ficarra and Requa, who directed Crazy Stupid Love for the studio, are in early negotiations to direct the project, which has its roots in Warners' classic Looney Tunes cartoons.

Steve Carell, who toplined Crazy Stupid Love, is attached to star in the project, which is being produced by Dan Lin and Roy Lee. The latter two were behind the mega-successful and franchise-launching The Lego Movie, and the studio and producers are envisioning the Acme project as an event movie that will also launch a franchise.

Plot details are being kept under an anvil, but the Acme Corporation is a fictional manufacturer of crazy and sometimes dangerous products (that also tend to malfunction at the most inopportune times) that are used by many a Looney Tunes character. The company's products are most commonly used by Wile E. Coyote in his never-ending quest to capture the Road Runner.

The movie, however, would not center on the Looney Tunes characters and is being planned as a CG/live-action hybrid.

The project has been in development since 2010 when Kevin and Dan Hageman sold an original pitch.

Chantal Nong and Jon Gonda are overseeing for the studio.

Miller and Stentz continue to be among the hottest writing teams in town, and earlier in the summer were tapped to pen the Power Rangers movie for Lionsgate. The pair have screenwriting credit on Marvel’s Thor and are working on a Terminator TV series. They are repped by WME and Principato-Young Entertainment.

Ficarra and Requa (CAA, McKuin Frankel) recently wrapped Focus, with Will Smith and Margot Robbie, for Warners, which will release the heist movie Feb. 27, 2015.

{TB EXCLUSIVE} WARNER BROS. OFFERS CHRISTOPHER NOLAN THE HELM OF “READY PLAYER ONE”
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Whitehead

Warner Bros. has made an offer to Christopher Nolan to direct their sci-fi adventure film READY PLAYER ONE. Adapted by Zak Penn from the novel by Ernest Cline (with previous drafts by Cline and Eric Eason), the 20-minutes-into-the-future film follows a teenage boy who enters into an elaborate treasure hunt to win the fortune that was left behind in the will of the creator of his favorite virtual reality game, Oasis. He finds himself up against powerful corporations and competitors who will stop at nothing to get the inheritance. Donald De Line is producing through his De Line Pictures, alongside Dan Farah.

Default “ready player one”

AICN EXCLUSIVE info on a few other big names being offered the gig…
    We're talking MATTHEW VAUGHN, EDGAR WRIGHT, PETER JACKSON, or WB's dream pick, ROBERT ZEMECKIS.

Sony Planning Animated ‘Mario Bros.’ Movie According to Leaked Emails
    Producer Avi Arad told Amy Pascal he had become “the proud father” of the movie in October

Sony Pictures Lands “Mario Bros.” Movie Rights From Nintendo, Leaked Emails Show
    The deal came to light in a series of leaked emails between Sony Chief Amy Pascal and producer Avi Arad.
    UPDATE: Arad has denied that the deal has closed.

Mind: California. Body: Somewhere between US & Europe.

I find it funny how people are now blaming Sony for their decision regarding "The Interview". And I'm quite disappointed that a lot of smart filmmakers and actors are joining the "outrage". Well, I'm sorry guys but you really need to think twice before posting on Twitter.

Because this is not about freedom of speech or surrendering to the terrorists. This is a public safety issue. Clean and clear. We live in a different world now. Imagine if Sony did put out the movie and God forbid a theater was attacked and people got seriously hurt or killed. We'll have another tragedy on our hands and of course the lawsuits to Sony would be piled to the sky. And for what?

For a Seth Rogen movie? Come on...

9/11 has more than proved America is not invincible and the Sony hacking has more than proved the threat was indeed sophisticated. So if it’s between art and public safety I, personally, choose safety.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

The Interview isn't the only movie that has been pulled down by the movie companies in the US.
    Gore Verbinski's Pyongyang has been scratched by New Regency. You just don't make fun of the North Koreans. Soon the people from the Middle East will follow and then all the future movies will have bad guys only from the European countries and from the US...

http://www.thewrap.com/steve-carells...-of-sony-hack/

Fuck North Korea. And Sony Pictures is coward. They didn't know subject matter of the movie is sensitive issue? If they don't have the guts to release, Why did they make decision to produce the movie at first? And North Korea got will and ability to daring terror attack to mainland America? I don't think so.

Mind: California. Body: Somewhere between US & Europe.

I love that site - http://movie-sounds.org/

They really have a great archive of memorable movie quotes. And many of them work great as ringtones.

Example from "Bad Boys" - http://movie-sounds.org/action-movie...ucker-aint-you
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Default Re: ‘Rampage'

Brad Peyton To Direct Dwayne Johnson In Arcade Game Adaptation
    ‘San Andreas’ Team Reunites For ‘Rampage'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fleming Jr
    The live-action adaptation of the 1980s Midway Arcade game has a script by Ryan Engle, who scripted the Liam Neeson-starrer Non-Stop. They were keeping the plot secret when I first broke that Johnson and Flynn would be doing this movie and nothing has changed. They have told me that the focus will be consistent with the game, as three giant monsters — a gorilla, a lizard and a wolf — wreak havoc on major cities and landmarks across North America, with Johnson standing in their path. Put your money on Johnson, who’s currently shooting Central Intelligence with Kevin Hart, and is starring in the freshman HBO series Ballers. He is coming off Furious 7, and Rampage will begin production next summer after Johnson shoots Fast & Furious 8. Rampage will be released in 2017.

Default Re: Randoms: Nicktoons

Variety:
    ‘Rugrats’ Revival? Nickelodeon Mulls Return of Classic Shows

Collider:
    Nickelodeon May Revive Classic 90s Shows Like ‘Rugrats’ and ‘Doug’
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAM CHITWOOD
    Indeed, I predict we’re just starting to see the tip of the iceberg with regards to “The Jurassic World Effect.” That fourth Jurassic Park film made history at the box office, due in large part to the fact that those who were impressionable young ‘uns when the original Jurassic Park came out were now amped to refuel that nostalgia by witnessing a new entry in the long-dormant franchise. 90s kids are now some of our country’s biggest consumers, ranging in age from 25 to 35, and if Corporate America creates a product that feeds on the nostalgia of early millennials, they’ll likely see an uptick in revenue stream.

Which brings us back to Nick reviving its 90s programming. As corporate-driven as this may be, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested in seeing more Doug or Hey Arnold!, or even a new iteration of Kablam!. Heck I’d probably watch an entire channel devoted to playing old episodes of 90s cartoons and kids shows, but if creating new content based on old characters is the direction Nickelodeon wants to take, I’ll be curious to see how it pans out.

Default Re: Randoms: Nicktoons

{TB EXCLUSIVE} ’90S NICKTOONS SET TO MAKE A COMEBACK IN PARAMOUNT CROSSOVER MOVIE
    Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold!, Rocko’s Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, and more are coming together for what’s being pitched as a Justice League or Avenger’s-esque team-up film called NICKTOONS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Allen

Paramount is developing a live-action/animation hybrid based on the classic cartoons

Now more than ever, the intense wave of 1990s nostalgia is at its height, with a slew of upcoming TV shows and movies planned to capitalize on the collective desire for a return of these cherished properties. Just this week even, Nickelodeon announced a plan to reboot ’90s favorites in a fresh new way.

Well, it’s time for millennials to rejoice, because the beloved Nickelodeon cartoon series of the ’90s are making a return in the biggest way possible. Sources exclusively confirm to The Tracking Board that Paramount Pictures is in the early stages of developing a massive live-action/animated crossover film featuring characters from hit ’90s Nick cartoons. Rugrats, Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold!, Rocko’s Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, and more are coming together for what’s being pitched as a Justice League or Avenger’s-esque team-up film called NICKTOONS.

Citing The Lego Movie, Space Jam, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, and Wreck It Ralph as influences, Nicktoons is poised to follow a similar model, employing a hefty amount of self-referential humor and charm.

Our sources say that Mary Parent is leading the charge on this one, working with the studio to develop and lock down the rights to the individual series. Parent and Cale Boyter are producing the pic via their shingle, Disruption Entertainment, which signed an overall deal with Paramount this past March.

Parent of course has a proven track record with adapting Nickelodeon cartoons into successful features, having produced this year’s Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. Nickelodeon Movies, which is a subsidiary of Paramount, is also producing, while Elizabeth Raposo will oversee for the studio.

Paramount is currently in discussions with different writers, looking for the perfect scribe to tackle a project balancing such immensely beloved properties.

Naysayers ought not to fear, as our sources say that the creators have no intentions to bastardize or update the characters unfavorably, only to create a fun adventure reuniting audiences with the treasured cartoons in an exciting new approach, pleasing old fans and creating new ones. Though, creators have to tread lightly, as they run the risk of making another Rugrats Go Wild, which was an ill-received and poorly conceived crossover that just didn’t mesh.

In this reporter’s opinion, news of the project is mind-blowing, but it’s that kind of crazy where the film could potentially be the best thing ever. Though all the included series haven’t yet been ironed out, we’re hoping Catdog, Ahh!!! Real Monsters, and Doug are also invited to the party, because that would be awesome.

Making of 'The Peanuts Movie': How Blue Sky Studios Won Over the Schulz Family
    Craig Schulz, the son of Charles M. Schulz, teamed with Fox and Blue Sky after seeing an example of what the studio could do eight years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Ford
    The first seed for The Peanuts Movie, which debuted to a strong $44.3 million debut this past weekend, was unknowingly planted seven years ago with a little CG reel that will never see the light of day.

John Cohen, working for Fox Animation in 2008, reached out to Craig Schulz, the son of Peanuts creator Charles M. Schulz, about making an animated feature film based on the Charlie Brown comic strip. Of course, since the iconic cartoonist died in 2000, the family has been flooded with requests for a movie adaptation, but unanimously turned them down, worried that Schulz’s legacy would be affected by a bad movie. Still, Schulz agreed to see the short film Cohen and Blue Sky Studios had made showing CG-animated versions of the iconic characters.

"The [Schulz] family didn’t like it at all," says Schulz with a laugh. "They thought the animation was terrible and Snoopy was all wrong."

But Schulz was impressed with how Blue Sky had designed the backgrounds — the snow, the trees, the clouds and the ice. "I saw how beautiful it could be if they could get the characters right," he says.

Schulz was working on a Peanuts TV movie at the time, but, after showing the script to his son Bryan Schulz and his screenwriting partner Cornelius Uliano, the three decided to write a feature instead. They showed it to the rest of the Schulz estate family, and got their blessing. Then, instead of shopping it around to studios, they went directly to Fox and Blue Sky. They brought the script to director Steve Martino, who had worked on that 2008 CG reel for Blue Sky, and had helmed Dr. Suess’ Horton Hears a Who! that same year.

"I saw how true he was to that brand and thought he could bring that to our movie," says Schulz.

By the time they were ready to present their script (then titled Snoopy vs. The Red Baron), Cohen had left Fox Animation, so the family spent two years negotiating with Fox Animation director of development Ralph Millero, setting up a unique deal that gave creative control to Craig Schulz.

"We felt we really needed somebody to be the gatekeeper on this movie," says Schulz, who produced the film along with his son. “We wanted to be true to my dad’s legacy.”

One of the main issues of negotiation was about staying true to the time and place of Peanuts, which ran from 1950 through 2000. The Schulz family did not want the story modernized — the kids still use rotary telephones and Lucy’s therapy fee continues to be only a nickel.

"We were told that you have to have celebrity voices, you have to have hip-hop music — you have to have this stuff to reach the new generation, but we kept fighting back to say if you have a good story with heart and emotion, people will love it," says Craig Schulz. "And I think that’s been proven."

It did work, with the film doing strong business in its first weekend. But Schulz says there are no plans for a sequel: "We had this one movie," he says. "I'm 62 years old. I thought it would be great if in my lifetime I could see one really good Peanuts movie before somebody decides to buy the brand out and decides to make movies just to make money. For the Schulz family, everything we do is to honor my dad's work and the last thing on our want list is money. It's always about quality control and making the best things we can."

Cartoon Brew 11/17/2015:
    Rebooting Charlie Brown With ‘The Peanuts Movie’ Director Steve Martino
    With decades of cultural influence and capital beneath its hand-drawn belt, and the 50th anniversary of television’s foundational A Charlie Brown Christmas cartoon knocking at the door, Charles Schulz’s beloved Peanuts comic strip has nothing left to prove.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Thill
    However, the same cannot be said of The Peanuts Movie, Blue Sky Studios and director Steve Martino’s respectful, rewarding CGI feature. Endorsed and co-written by Schulz’s son and grandson, Craig and Bryan, The Peanuts Movie has become a critical and commercial success, as well as an Oscar entrant for best animated film of the year. Which is a quite refreshing result, considering how it could very well have come off instead like an existing property cash grab.

But this is not the case with Martino’s deft mixture of Schulz’s comic strips — whose 2D lines were literally extrapolated into 3D models manipulated by a team of animators — and the Bill Melendez-directed animatemd projects like A Charlie Brown Christmas and You’re in Love, Charlie Brown, which are heavily quoted in Blue Sky’s full-length revival. I spoke with the pleasantly surprised Martino (pictured above) by phone about The Peanuts Movie’s pressurized production, merging the worlds of 2D and 3D animation, [spoiler]and why a Charlie Brown who is actually noticed and praised by the Little Red-Haired Girl who has captivated him isn’t much of a stretch[/spoiler]for Schulz old-schoolers and new adopters.

One change I did notice is that Schulz’s usual, for lack of a better term, cruelty was toned down.

Steve Martino:
    During conversations I had with Craig and Bryan Schulz, and the rest of our production and writing teams, we stood back and looked at Charlie Brown as a whole. After 50 years of comic strips, of course we remembered his tragicomic failures. But we also found strips with Charlie Brown and his sister, Sally, where she’s pestering him to write letters to Santa Claus or something else, where you could see his patience and kindness. Sure, Charlie Brown failed, a lot, but he also picked himself back up and tried again. So we decided to shine a light on all sides of him.

Charlie Brown had it rough in some of those strips and shows.

Steve Martino: Yeah, Charles Schulz always felt that failure was a lot funnier than success. But in particular, as we got to the end of our film, which is its heart, we wanted to show that Charlie Brown also had qualities that we often overlooked. And to me, this is why Schulz’s Peanuts still resonate today, when I see even my daughters strive to achieve, and hold themselves, to a barometer of success. Who is the best, who is the winner? Children today still feel that if they don’t achieve that status, then their lives aren’t successful. We still lose sight of the importance of how we interact with people, with kindness and honesty. Picking ourselves up after failures and trying again are the real qualities that make us winners. Charlie Brown allowed us to express that.
    The Peanuts Movie is now in theaters.[/quote]

CinemaCon 2016: BIG News and Developments on Warner Animation Group’s Film Slate
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Smith
    Next on the docket was another LEGO movie that’s also coming out next year: The LEGO Ninjago Movie. The film is being constructed as a heavy genre mash-up (specifically of kung-fu films and kaiju movies), with the concept art for the film being described by attendees as a LEGO version of Pacific Rim. Charlie Bean (Tron: Uprising) makes his feature animation debut with this film, from a screenplay by Kevin and Dan Hageman.

Default Re: Monsterpocalypse

Warner Bros. Nabbing 'Monsterpocalypse' Movie Rights in Bidding War (Exclusive)
    Fede Alvarez, who directed the remake of 'Evil Dead,' is attached to co-write and helm the adaptation of the board game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borys Kit
    Warner Bros has won the heated bidding war for the adaptation of Monsterpocalypse, the cult board game, with Fede Alvarez, helmer of the Evil Dead remake, attached to co-write and direct.

The package for the project hit the town last week and quickly generated interest and bids from studios, including DreamWorks and Sony on top of Warners. The bidding escalated quickly, hitting at least the mid-six figures against seven figures for just the rights and writing alone. Warners is now in negotiations for the package.

Monsterpocalypse is a board game from Privateer Press and created by Matt Wilson that pits humans in robot suits against monsters. An adaptation was previously attempted around 2010 with a package that included Tim Burton as director and John August as screenwriter. It stalled in development after Crimson Peak filmmaker Guillermo del Toro made a competing humans-in-robot-suits-against-monsters, 2013’s Pacific Rim.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the new package has a take that is substantially different from that of the previous iteration, as well as Rim's, although the core concept — humans versus monsters — remains.

Alvarez will write the screenplay with his writing partner Rodo Sayagues.

Alvarez demonstrated a passion for the material with his regular works in the horror and robot subgenres. He made his breakthrough debut with the popular short Panic Attack!, which featured giant robots attacking the South American city of Montevideo, which led to his directing 2013’s remake of Evil Dead. His latest, Don’t Breathe, is a horror movie that Screen Gems will release Aug. 26.

Alvarez is repped by WME, Anonymous Content and Jackoway Tyerman. Wilson is repped by Stone Genow and Heitmann Entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Sony Planning Animated ‘Mario Bros.’ Movie According to Leaked Emails
    Producer Avi Arad told Amy Pascal he had become “the proud father” of the movie in October

Sony Pictures Lands “Mario Bros.” Movie Rights From Nintendo, Leaked Emails Show
    The deal came to light in a series of leaked emails between Sony Chief Amy Pascal and producer Avi Arad.
    UPDATE: Arad has denied that the deal has closed.
    Mario set for the big screen as Nintendo eyes filmmaking
    Quote Originally Posted by KOJI NISHIMURA
    KYOTO--Nintendo Co.’s beloved characters such as Mario are expected to make the leap off the console screen to the big screen within a few years, according to the president of the video game giant.

President Tatsumi Kimishima said that the company is negotiating with a number of movie production companies around the world in search of a partner for full-fledged filmmaking.

“We want to do as much as we can by ourselves,” Kimishima told The Asahi Shimbun.

Nintendo hopes to bolster the franchise of its characters by producing movies featuring them, helping to expand the audience for its main business of video games.

The world-renowned video game manufacturer has previously been involved in the movie business, but only to a limited extent. Past Nintendo-related movies were the results of the company licensing featured characters to filmmakers in exchange for royalty payments.

The company now aims to make filmmaking a standalone business.

Nintendo’s movies will target not only the domestic market, but audiences in the United States and other parts of the globe as well. The company aims to release the first movie in two to three years’ time.

Nintendo has not divulged any details of its first film project, but it will likely be a 3-D animated movie featuring such popular video game protagonists as Mario from the Super Mario franchise and Link from the Legend of Zelda series.

Although the development of consoles and video game titles is the company’s bread and butter, sales have been stagnant, with attempts to increase sales challenged by Japan’s dropping birthrates.

When Nintendo closed its books in March, it had made 504.4 billion yen ($4.6 billion) in annual sales, down 8.2 percent from the previous year, marking a decline for seven years in a row.

Default Re: Burn Run

“TRAINING DAY” DIRECTOR ANTOINE FUQUA BOARDS “BURN RUN” HEADING INTO HOLIDAY WEEKEND (EXCLUSIVE)
    Training Day director Antoine Fuqua is now coming on board to produce BURN RUN, with an eye towards directing at some point. Through his Fuqua Films, he’s teaming up with producers Andrew Rona and Alex Heineman of The Picture Company. That’s a huge score for the action thriller that could see a bidding war break out over the course of the holiday weekend.

The story is being pitched as Sicario meets Bourne. When an intelligence leak dangerously exposes a covert mission in Afghanistan, a grieving CIA operative and his translator must find their way out of the desert, outgunned and hunted by elite special forces.

Default Re: Lone Wolf and Cub: Final Conflict

LONE WOLF & CUB Optioned For U.S. Live-Action Movie

Iconic Manga ‘Wolf and Cub’ Set for Live-Action Remake by SP International (EXCLUSIVE)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Frater
    Iconic Japanese comic book property “Lone Wolf and Cub: Final Conflict” is to be made as a live action, English language movie by producer Steven Paul’s SP International Pictures.

The company acquired remake and sequel rights Koike Kazuo Gekiga Sonjuku, Inc., who produced the motion picture “Kozure Okami: Sono Chisaki Te Ni” in 1993. It plans a remake that will shoot from 2017. The “Lone Wolf and Cub” property first emerged in 1970 as a comic book written by Koike Kazuo and illustrated by Goseki Kojima. Their stories were subsequently adapted as six feature movies starring Tomisaburo Wakayama, four stage plays and a TV series.

“Final Conflict” sees a noble samurai plotted against and framed in an assassination conspiracy the samurai disobeys his Shogun’s orders and becomes an assassin for hire. “I have been a huge fan of the property for many years and can’t tell you how excited I am to have the opportunity to embark on this journey,” Pau said in a statement.

Los Angeles-based Paul has become a major axis between Hollywood and Japan. He previously produced Marvel Comic’s “Ghost Rider 1 & 2” and Namco Bandai’s “Tekken 1 & 2.” He is currently producing a live action adaptation of the manga comic “Ghost In The Shell” starring Scarlett Johansson and Takeshi Kitano. Paramount Pictures distributing the feature film worldwide.

Paul’s “Ghost in the Shell” project has been criticized by some fans for racially inappropriate casting, notably with Johansson playing an originally Asian woman. Paul told Variety that “Final Conflict” will be shot with an essentially Japanese cast. Paul has recently struck production deals in both China and Thailand.

His related SP Releasing is a theatrical distributor releasing up to 10 movies per year and maintains a worldwide home entertainment deal with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. This summer SP Releasing will be theatrically distributing “Running Wild” starring Sharon Stone, and releasing ‘The Dog Lover” with James Remar, Lea Thompson, Jayson Blair, Allison Paige and directed by Alex Ranarivelo.

Default Re: Lone Wolf and Cub: Final Conflict

Exclusive: Justin Lin talks Lone Wolf And Cub
    Quote Originally Posted by John Nugent
    Director Justin Lin is currently doing the promotional rounds for Star Trek Beyond. But when Empire chatted to him for an upcoming spoiler special podcast, we couldn’t resist asking about another project the filmmaker has bubbling away: a long-mooted adaptation of the acclaimed manga comic Lone Wolf And Cub.

Lin has been attached to the project for some time, and had planned to press ahead with the adaptation, before J.J. Abrams came a-calling. “For the last year and a half I've been on this Star Trek detour,” Lin explained to us, “the greatest detour of my career. But I'm excited because Lone Wolf And Cub is one of many projects that I can't wait to go back and revisit in the next two weeks when we're done with all the press.”

Lin appeared to imply that he plans to have an Asian cast. “Five-to-ten years ago, they would have wanted Keanu Reeves to play the dad... I think the cool thing about it is that filmmaking has gone global. There's many ways to make a movie and I think Hollywood has to evolve.”

First published in 1970 by writer Kazuo Koike and artist Goseki Kojima, Lone Wolf And Cub is widely regarded as a classic manga, telling an epic historic tale of shogun assassins. Seven films adapting the series have already been produced in its native Japan, but nothing from Hollywood – until now.

Lin is convinced that “this is the best time to make a movie like Lone Wolf And Cub – and to be able to really embrace the spirit and the essence of what makes it great.”

Until then, the director has to get Star Trek Beyond out the door – that’s due for a July 22 release – and he has plenty of other projects to keep him occupied, including his rumoured return to the Fast & Furious series that made his name. Plenty to keep him – ahem – Linterested.

Default Re: The Moon-iverse

Director Duncan Jones Starts Shooting ‘Mute’ Next Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Giroux
    Mute is set in a dystopian Berlin. Skarsgård will play a mute bartender named Leo, while Rudd will play a mysterious American surgeon. Sam Rockwell is also set to appear in the film. The significance of his part is unknown, but he’ll serve as a bridge between Moon and Mute, reprising his role as Sam Bell and connecting the two worlds. If you want to know more about the plot of Mute, here’s the official synopsis:

Berlin. Forty years from today. A roiling city of immigrants, where East crashes against West in a science-fiction Casablanca. Leo Beiler (Skarsgard), a mute bartender has one reason and one reason only for living here, and she’s disappeared. But when Leo’s search takes him deeper into the city’s underbelly, an odd pair of American surgeons (led by Rudd) seem to be the only recurring clue, and Leo can’t tell if they can help, or who he should fear most.

Duncan Jones on How He Models His Career After Christopher Nolan – Q&A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Erbland
    You’ve kept your passion for “Warcraft” going, but it does seem to have gotten in the way of making “Mute,” another passion project for you. How are you keep your momentum going for that film?

I think it’s a personality type. I think you have to be the kind of person who is like a dog with a bone. You can’t let go of things until you’ve seen them through to completion. Not everyone has got that kind of mindset. Maybe it’s not the healthiest mindset, because you do kind of have to be dogged about things, but I wanted to see “Warcraft” through, and I wanted it to be the best film that I knew that we could make. I’ve always wanted to make “Mute,” and I’ve been on “Mute” for about 14 years. I’m determined, no matter what happens, I’m going to get that movie made, at some point.

Would you say that you’re closer than ever to getting it made?

Yeah. Absolutely, 100%. I wish I could formally say, “Yes, it’s happening,” but there are contractual reasons I have to wait until the absolute yes-I’m-allowed-to-say-that date, but as far as I’m concerned, yes. I’m going to be shooting that film later this year.

The film takes place in the “Moon” universe, right?

Yeah, in the Moon-iverse.

You originally wanted to do a trilogy, do you hope to do your next Moon-iverse film after “Mute”?

Yes. In fact, it’s already written. It’s ready to go. I was trying to make it after “Source Code.” It’s a female lead, and at that time, four of five years ago, it was just proving really difficult to get the film made, this science fiction film with a female lead.

It feels like it’s going to be easier these days. I think there’s more of a willingness for that to happen, and I certainly think it’s about time, but Mute’s kind of happening now, so I’m going to do that, and then, with any luck, I’ll be able to get this other film made that will make up the third part of that trilogy, as soon as possible.

Default Re: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets