Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy

The first one hasn't even premiered yet and last night they announced the part 2 will premiere already on July 28, 2017!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121112

Will be going to watch this today. Will see what it brings to the table. With the level of confidence Marvel is showing, already announcing a sequel, I'm sure Marvel has some meaty surprises in part 1 (badass villain ehem, surprise cameos, even a great end credits scene).

Its almost 2am here and I just got back from watching this movie. Man ive been up for I dont know how long.

Overall its an okay movie. Well it didnt make me fall asleep. So thats at least something. But i took an energy drink earlier so i wouldnt know if its because of that or if the movie really didnt bore me. Anyway... a sequel would work. I can understand now that ive watched it why Marvel announced a sequel already. But its not up there with Cap or Iron Man or Thor. The movie was not that great. It was good but not that great.

Guardians of the Galaxy:
    What's that Huge Head and Who are the Celestials?
    Its Unicron!

Best movie of the summer! saw it 3 times already and it is well written with excellent directions from the writer of Dawn of the Dead 2004, Tromeo and Juliet and others and Gunn is one of my fave writers.

And who else loves that stinger surprise at the end of the film?

From Variety MARCH 26, 2009:
    Marvel's hiring writers -Team to adapt characters into films

Quote Originally Posted by MARC GRASER
    With more than 5,000 crime fighters and villains in its library, Marvel Entertainment is looking for some help in adapting those characters into films.
    Comicbook giant is readying to assemble a group of scribes who will pen scripts for various properties Marvel wants to develop.

The writers group will be similar to that created by the fellowship program the Walt Disney Co. has been running since 1990. Latter enlists a dozen scribes to work with creative execs to develop films for the studio and TV shows for ABC, the Disney Channel and ABC Family.

Marvel will invite up to five writers each year to work on specific projects, said a source familiar with the deal. Those could include staffers behind Marvel's comicbooks. Tenpercenteries around town are currently pitching potential candidates with writing samples.

The company will provide the specific pitches it wants the scribes to tackle. Those could involve certain plot points for movies already in development or characters it would like to see in its future film slate.

Gathering of scribes will help Marvel come up with creative ways to launch its lesser-known properties, such as Black Panther, Cable, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Nighthawk and Vision.

So far, it has focused its efforts on more popular superheroes

Weekend Box Office: ‘Guardians Of Galaxy’ $160.4M Bow Broke Records But Not Summer Slump
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Finke
    An original even surprising and certainly risky project from producer/top executive Kevin Feige, Guardians Of The Galaxy falls into what Marvel Studios has dubbed Phase II that broadens its cinematic universe to include new heroes and villains, many of them not household names. These characters have been around for decades in the pages of Marvel Comics, even though they didn’t come together until 2008 as the GOTG (which prior to that was the name of a group of crimefighters in the 31st Century of an alternate Marvel Universe). The heart of this movie with heart is the team of Marvel-mentored screenwriter Nicole Perlman and director James Gunn, who helmed horror-comedy Slither and superhero send-up Super but had trouble finding an audience until now. While GOTG "owes a great debt" to Marvel helmers Jon Favreau and Joss Whedon, Gunn says it owes an even bigger debt to Steven Spielberg and George Lucas because it’s more of a space adventure film than a superhero film.

Perlman developed the project through the Marvel writing program in which scribes each choose a property from a list provided by the studio. She chose GOTG. "My friends in Hollywood were like, ‘Why would you choose that? They’re never going to make a movie with a talking raccoon in it.’ I loved the tone and thought it would be fun," she told media. Perlman called it "a really incredible experience" finding the right permutation of characters and story to craft into the best movie. The process took 2 years. "It was nice to have the time and freedom to explore the different ways the project could play out. I think there’s this idea that a female screenwriter who is writing science fiction and not romantic comedy is a bit of a dancing bear. And I appreciated that Marvel didn’t treat me that way. It was very much about the writing." (She added: "There just aren’t enough women getting the chance to work in this genre and I hope this is the start of a larger trend.")

Gunn set out to create a franchise and had given thought to Guardians 2 before he even began pre-production on Guardians 1.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Best movie of the summer! saw it 3 times already and it is well written with excellent directions from the writer of Dawn of the Dead 2004, Tromeo and Juliet and others and Gunn is one of my fave writers.

And who else loves that stinger surprise at the end of the film?
    What was your fav part of the film?

Mine was when the Collector explained the Infinity Gems and how everything was formed from them.

I'm not quite sure which gem the Orb in GOTG was.

I know the Cosmic Cube is the Space Gem.
    The Aether and the Orb I don't really know for sure. It's such a blur at this point.

But we know the Collector had the Aether in his collection. But does he still have it after the Orb tore down his place?

Saw this yesterday. I enjoyed it. Wasn't the unbelievably amazing movie that some keeping making it out to be, but it was still pretty good.

Probably my 3rd favorite Marvel movie behind Avengers, and Winter Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    What was your fav part of the film?

Mine was when the Collector explained the Infinity Gems and how everything was formed from them.

I'm not quite sure which gem the Orb in GOTG was.

I know the Cosmic Cube is the Space Gem.
    The Aether and the Orb I don't really know for sure. It's such a blur at this point.

But we know the Collector had the Aether in his collection. But does he still have it after the Orb tore down his place?
    My fave part of film was when Rocket was kicking ass.

And what did you think of Howard The Duck's cameo?

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2! Trailer 2!

When you go and see Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2, just stay in your seat when the post-credits begin.
    It will have not one, not two, or three, but FIVE!!! post-credit scenes!! LOL!!!
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...cenes#/slide/1

Kevin Feige on ‘Guardians 2′, the Spider-Man Deal, and ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ and Beyond
    Warning: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 spoilers are discussed in this interview.

‘King Arthur’ Can’t Squeeze B.O. From A Stone With $14.3M+ Opening; ‘Guardians’ Rules With Near $62M+, ‘Snatched’ $16M+
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony D'Alessandro
    Saturday AM update, with chart: It never helps following a huge Marvel movie at the start of summer, and if anyone is interested in getting off their couch and heading to the movies this weekend, the only film they want to see is the comic book label’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2. The sequel is is currently set to earn $61.9 million in its second weekend at 4,347 locations, a 58% drop over its opening frame.

Box office history proves this: This is the ninth time in 11 years a Marvel movie has owned the second weekend of May, and if you’re a studio, you either counterprogram that — which 20th Century Fox/Chernin Entertainment did this weekend with its Mothers Day destination Snatched, poised to make $16.5M at 3,501 theaters in second place — or, well, you dump your goods.

Awesome sequel!