Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Justice League

Default Justice League

Finally some concrete talk about the script.

Mark Millar:

A pal of mine is good friends with the new Justice League screenwriter and said his take on the team is incredible. Very real-world and not at all what you might expect. WB has a chequered history with their superhero characters. They’re great with their boy wizards, but less consistent with their DC stable. But my chum said that this could be a thing of beauty and has been in the works for a little while now, not just an Avengers knock-off. Best of luck to them. The tidbits I heard sound quite dark and mature, which isn’t what I expected. But word on Gangster Squad is great too, so I feel this is in really good hands.
    I really hope that they will go the way Nolan's Batman went. Marvel did a great job in the not so serious and comedic tone and another try in this direction will ultimately fail.
    Can't wait for a serious movie with Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, The Flash and whoever they decide to put in.

http://screenrant.com/kickass-creato...t-kofi-177661/

Default Re: Justice League

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    ...and whoever they decide to put in.
    Aquaman. The world seriously needs to know just how badass he actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Aquaman. The world seriously needs to know just how badass he actually is.
    Looks like there's an Aquaman movie in the works. As well as a dozen more.

This week, the studio revealed it tapped "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beall to revive "Justice League," which WB unplugged in 2008, and hired Michael Goldenberg (one of the many writers of "Green Lantern") to pen "Wonder Woman." Those projects now join in development films based on the Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Lobo, the Suicide Squad and Shazam. DC and WB are also facing a decision on how to reboot Batman once "The Dark Knight Rises" completes Christopher Nolan's take on the caped crusader, featuring Christian Bale in the cowl.
    Studio is figuring out whether to bring back Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern in a sequel to last year's actioner or relaunch the character in a completely new way. Goldenberg ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") was brought on board in 2010 to write the screenplay for the sequel, a year before the first film bowed.
    I just hope that the Justice League will happen before each DC character gets his own movie.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055216.html?cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews&utm_so urce=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ben Affleck to direct?!?

Personally I like Ben as director but somehow you can't help but feel that WB are really desperate trying to get things going the Marvel way.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118057612?refCatId=13

Ben Affleck to direct?!?

Personally I like Ben as director but somehow you can't help but feel that WB are really desperate trying to get things going the Marvel way.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118057612?refCatId=13
    From the article...

Affleck has made it clear that going forward, he's only interested in directing films in which he also stars -- "The Town" and "Argo" are proof of that -- so its likely that if this pairing ever came to fruition, he would likely don a suit of his own.
    If WB somehow actually got Ben Affleck to direct (which I highly doubt, It doesn't seem like his kind of movie), who would you see him playing as?

If WB somehow actually got Ben Affleck to direct (which I highly doubt, It doesn't seem like his kind of movie), who would you see him playing as?
    The first two characters that come to my mind are The Flash and Green Lantern. The Flash because of the similarity with the Dare Devil costume. And Hal Jordan because I'll always think of Ben as a good jet pilot. Thanks to MB for that. Of course this is if WB decides to reboot Green Lantern as they stated.
    The biggest let down for me is that WB wants the new rebooted Batman to be in the Justice League and I always wanted to see Christian Bale playing the part.

The biggest let down for me is that WB wants the new rebooted Batman to be in the Justice League and I always wanted to see Christian Bale playing the part.
    Keep Bale' Batman in the reality driven Nolanverse. I just can't picture him suddenly entering the more fantastic world of The Justice League. (Besides, I'm sick of hearing that fake gravely voice of his. )

What they could do is just skip the Batman reboot altogether and just cast a different guy to play him in The Justice League. Why wouldn't a Batman reboot be necessary? We already know his story, it's been told to us many times over the past 20+ years. (Tim Burton's, Animated Series, Nolan's, Arhkam video games, other comics). One of the central conflicts this movie could have is getting that brooding guy in the cowl from Gotham City to be a team player. We can learn about this universe's Batman just through that alone without his own movie.

Keep Bale' Batman in the reality driven Nolanverse. I just can't picture him suddenly entering the more fantastic world of The Justice League. (Besides, I'm sick of hearing that fake gravely voice of his. )

What they could do is just skip the Batman reboot altogether and just cast a different guy to play him in The Justice League. Why wouldn't a Batman reboot be necessary? We already know his story, it's been told to us many times over the past 20+ years. (Tim Burton's, Animated Series, Nolan's, Arhkam video games, other comics). One of the central conflicts this movie could have is getting that brooding guy in the cowl from Gotham City to be a team player. We can learn about this universe's Batman just through that alone without his own movie.
    I agree with everything you said. Still Batman is a huge cash cow and there is no way that the studio won't use that. Just as they did with the Spiderman reboot. Unnecessary reboots of a profitable characters.

I agree with everything you said. Still Batman is a huge cash cow and there is no way that the studio won't use that. Just as they did with the Spiderman reboot. Unnecessary reboots of a profitable characters.
    Looks like Ben doesn't want to do it.
    Next stop David Yates. David directing the Justice League really makes sense from the studio's point of view. After all, he finished one of the most profitable franchises for WB and they are looking for a substitution.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/ben-...-camp-says-no/

They could give Batman his own movie after The Justice League.

The Wachowskis in the Running to Direct Justice League Movie?

Not sure about this one. The first Matrix was great but the sequels and Speed Racer were a mess. If Cloud Atlas is indeed that good then maybe it could work well, but I don't see them involved in the whole DC universe. Because whoever does Justice League will surely be involved in a way with the other DC movies.

http://moviehole.net/201256990exclus...ctor-wish-list

The rumors just keep pouring in. Obviously JLA will be DC's next movie after Man of Steel.

Now according to some rumors the studio is interested in Brett Ratner doing the movie.

The studio is very pleased with the work that Brett [Ratner] has done as a producer and director on past projects," states our sources. "They are now very interested in seeing what he can do with helping finally bring this group of iconic superheroes to the big screen!
    I certainly hope not. Never liked this guy. If they use him, then use him only as a producer.

http://www.supermansupersite.com/0828346.html

Another rumors suggest that the new rebooted Batman will actually be introduced in the JLA movie and not in a stand alone reboot. Which really points that Warner are desperately trying to do JLA as soon as possible. The rumors say Summer 2015 as a possible release date which makes sense production wise but this means that we'll have an Avengers and a JLA movies in one summer. Cool!

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN...but-in-JL.html

Man Of Steel Will “Keep Things On Course” For Justice League Movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly
    We’re months out from the release of Man of Steel but director Zack Snyder seems to be doing more and more interviews of late. Perhaps Warner Bros. are trying to build buzz ahead of the imminent full-length trailer.

The latest Snyder chat is with The NY Post, and figures in a lot of the usual business. There’s discussion of the suit, and of Henry Cavill getting in shape to wear it; there’s a certain amount about making this a new, fresh take on the character; and then there’s some intriguing business about Warner Bros.’ bigger superhero movie canvas.

Snyder says:
    I don’t know how Justice League is going to be handled. Honestly, I don’t, but The Man of Steel exists, and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.
    So he’s then asked if he had any conversations with Warner Bros. about integrating his Superman into “a larger superhero universe,” and so he goes on:
    Um, how can I answer that? I can’t really say anything to that, because that’s a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.
    And there you have it. Sounds to me like Warner Bros. want Man of Steel to provide a Superman that will not only work in his own picture but will also work in their Justice League movie too. As expected, to be honest.

Incidentally, the same article says that Cavill is signed on for three films, but whether that would include Justice League or not isn’t clear. By comparison, those nine-movie Marvel deals do seem so much more sensible, once again.

Default Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE ANTI-LIFE EQUATION

From Latino Review:
    EXCLUSIVE: We Know Who The Bad Guy Is In ‘JUSTICE LEAGUE’
    Mayimbe here…

So back in October, Ben Fritz over at the L.A. Times reported that Warner Bros is running full steam ahead with getting a Justice League movie on the big screen by summer 2015.

As of this morning, the search is still ongoing for a director and subject to how Man Of Steel performs, shooting should get underway next year. Now in case you been living under a rock the past year, everybody else knows that Marvel is dropping the sequel to The Avengers that summer as well. That is some pretty stiff competition.

In this corner we got Earth’s Mightiest Heroes going up against Thanos the Mad Titan. How will Warners respond? Just WHO will the Justice League face off against?

Not a Titan, but a GOD!

After some persistent snooping, we have exclusively learned that the main baddie is none other than…

…DARKSEID!

Yes folks, Darkseid. The supreme monarch of the planet Apokolips and the greatest threat to the DC Universe.

It’s kind of obvious if you really think about it. I mean for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and others to come together in a summer tentpole movie to face a threat, well, that threat better be planetary. Who were you expecting? Lex Luthor?

Now I’m not going to go into the whole Darkseid wiki backstory because there are other writers out there who can give you way better context on the super villain than I could. Quite frankly, the only experience I have with Darkseid is when Michael Ironside voiced him on Superman: The Animated Series. Remember when Darkseid killed Ben Turpin with his Omega Beams?

Anyway, there you have it folks. Bank on Darkseid raising all sorts of hell for the Justice League. Now as long as Darkseid doesn’t bring the members his corny entourage like Granny Goodness, then we are all good.

In fact, the following picture pretty much sums up Summer 2015.

Some very interesting new rumors about the movie from Latino-Review!

Christopher Nolan is not only producing Man of Steel, but he and Zack Snyder will do the same for Justice League. Zack may even direct the superhero ensemble. And most interestingly Warner are hoping to bring Christian Bale back as Batman. The studio wants to make it happen and the actor himself has said he would be willing to return for the right story as long as Nolan is involved. It's unclear whether or not David Goyer will be involved in the project, but it seems likely.

Here's the whole video of the scoop:

http://latino-review.com/2013/03/03/...ustice-league/

More Zack Snyder rumors. This time it sounds more credible.

There have been rumors that ‘Man of Steel‘ director Zack Snyder and Ruben Fleischer (‘Zombieland’) were frontrunners to direct Warner Bros. planned ‘Justice League‘ movie.
    Fleischer is out promoting ‘Gangster Squad‘ (which hits DVD and Blu-ray on April 23) and we asked if he was still interested in directing ‘Justice League’ after his name was on the shortlist of directors last year. He said he’s definitely interested in directing a big superhero film but it wasn’t going to be ‘Justice League.’ And why not? Says Fleischer:
    Well that’s something that Zack Snyder is going to wind up doing.
    I personally hope Zack gets a shot to direct a Star Wars movie but this one will be good too.

http://screencrush.com/justice-leagu...ckback=twitter

Henry Cavill aka Superman don't believe Justice League will happen any time soon.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ce-league-work

Quote Originally Posted by frolunda71 View Post
    Henry Cavill aka Superman don't believe Justice League will happen any time soon.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ce-league-work
    I think they should hold off for awhile. They need to spend time developing Superman's story on Earth, and his rivalry with Lex Luthor. They also seriously need to find a way to get Wonder Woman on the big screen, as well as fixing the Green Lantern. As for Batman, I have no idea what they could do with him at this point.

So they would have Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter in the same movie if I'm correct.
    So Superman, Batman and the Green Lantern have done movies of their own in the last year or so, off which Batman and the way it looks right now, Superman has made big box office hits. The Green Lantern didn't do quite so well. Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman are characters last seen on TV in the 70's and 80's or something like that. The Martian Manhunter have 99% of Earths population never heard off.
    They better hold this movie for 5-10 years and first try to get own movies to Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman (though it already got made in Entourage) and then start to develop Justice League if the previous three movies would be successful at the box office.
    Otherwise if it's not done correctly, then it will flop at the box office and The Avengers people will laugh their ass off...

Christian Bale will NOT play Batman in Justice League.
    I hope they ask George Clooney to play Batman again if they ever make this movie!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=106079

I hope they ask George Clooney to play Batman again if they ever make this movie!
    I'm going to assume that "" means you're joking.

I'm going to assume that "" means you're joking.
    Your assumption is right on the money!

Christian Bale will NOT play Batman in Justice League.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=106079
    I'm glad he's not returning. That version of Batman wouldn't fit in a Justice League movie...Plus I don't ever wanna hear Bale's Batman voice again...

Here are some points or facts if you so wanna call them, why it's hard to make a Justice League movie in the next couple of years.

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...more-difficult