Thread: Steve Jablonsky's contribution

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Arrow Steve Jablonsky's contribution

Bay:

"Steve's contribution to the success of the 'Transformers' trilogy and many of our other movies cannot be overstated. I feel very privileged to have a composer of his caliber on our team."

Indeed the man deserves a big thumbs up for his work on "Transformers". It's rare to find something about Jablonsky's work on the trilogy so I thought I'd share this.

Here's the entire "Billion-Dollar Composer" article. I'm sure you'll like it - http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118053680
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Red face Re: Steve Jablonsky's contribution

He was the reason I became an enormous fan of the TF films: When I saw TF1, I thought it was good, but as I listened to Steve's work, I fell in love. And I became an enormous TF fan from then.

Still, having all the score made for the film in a TF CD collection, like the Recording Sessions from LOTR, that would be perfect.

Senior Member Bot of Badassness's Avatar

Default Re: Steve Jablonsky's contribution

Awesome, so he IS doing P&G!
    Top 10 Movies of 2016: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, The Conjuring 2, Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Nice Guys, Me Before You, Lights Out.

I agree 110% as it was jablonsky's scores that took the movies to another level for me. Try finding the score to Gears of War 2 that he scored - awesome sounds - check it on youtube or wherever you can get the mp3s.
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

The score on this sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by WUZUP1998 View Post
    Yes, that is the Inception trailer music, "Mind Heist," by Jack Hemsey.

too bad you dont see anything about him in the extra features!

I reached the ending of Your Highness (awful, awful movie, barely bearable) just because of his score. Otherwise I would have stopped after around half an hour.

Lol, all they did was put in Mind Heist. Surprised that NBA would do that...
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Jablonsky makes a remix that sounds a bit better than the original. Hempsey gets pissed.
    NBA uses Mind Heist without paying rights. Hempsey say nothing.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Jablonsky makes a remix that sounds a bit better than the original. Hempsey gets pissed.
    NBA uses Mind Heist without paying rights. Hempsey say nothing.

Go figure.

A lot of folks don't know that up-and-coming composers like Hemsley also "steal" from people like Jablonsky, Zimmer and Rabin. It goes both ways. Hemsley simply saw an opportunity to get his name out there and that's why he started whining about Jablonsky's track. In reality, it's not a big deal at all, because composers "borrow" from each other all the time. Jablonsky's not an exception.

Zimmer himself was attacked many, many times for supposedly stealing bits and sounds from other people's tracks. So it's not something we haven't seen before.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

And remember how many times we've heard that Transformers Skorponok sound in trailers?

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    And remember how many times we've heard that Transformers Skorponok sound in trailers?
    Really? Examples?

(Heard it a few times from those weird blade/wheel/whip/ball weapons from Battleship.)

I cant think of all of them, but that sound was definately in MW3 trailers as well as Skyline (which expecially pissed me off). And Battleship, ofc. And yeah, Steven Jablonsky´s score is just as much part of these movies as Peter Cullens voice or ILM´s special effects or Michael Bays direction. If you take one of that away, it would gravely hurt the movies.

My favorite track from SJ!

If you have a subwoofer hooked up, just wait till you get to 0:22. Turn it up!

Quote Originally Posted by swishbig View Post
    My favorite track from SJ!

If you have a subwoofer hooked up, just wait till you get to 0:22. Turn it up!

I agree 100% that this part of the score is beautiful - sounds awesome on my office computer with my subwoofer - the house shakes On my theater syster it is really good also. I am saving up for a 7.1 receiver (I'll have to get two more speakers).
    "Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." Optimus Prime

Thumbs up Re: Steve Jablonsky's contribution

Good news for those who have been waiting for the expanded/complete scores. Both "Dark of the Moon" and "Revenge of the Fallen" now have full score albums. Of course, they're not official releases, but they contain every single track from both films. And it's a great listen.

So, use the almighty Google and you'll find what you need. It's all on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Good news for those who have been waiting for the expanded/complete scores. Both "Dark of the Moon" and "Revenge of the Fallen" now have full score albums. Of course, they're not official releases, but they contain every single track from both films. And it's a great listen.

So, use the almighty Google and you'll find what you need. It's all on the web.
    WOW! You'll even find the Twins' ice cream truck theme song!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    WOW! You'll even find the Twins' ice cream truck theme song!!!

Oh yes. It's a short track, but it's fun. I take it you've already found the expanded score?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Oh yes. It's a short track, but it's fun. I take it you've already found the expanded score?
    Yes, it has absolutely everything, including some never-before-heard unused and alternate tracks. For some of them, I asked myself, "why wasn't this in the movie?" Of course, I already know the reason, timing, budget, artistic reasons, etc. But still, a very great listen. One of my favorite alternate songs is an earlier rendition of "Forest Battle," which used a very different sounding heroic second half. (After Optimus's "All take you all on!")