Default A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=63534

Release Date: February 14, 2013
    Studio: 20th Century Fox
    Director: John Moore
    Screenwriter: Skip Woods
    Starring: Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney, Sebastian Koch, Yulia Snigir
    http://www.slashfilm.com/sequel-bits...-day-die-hard/

We’ve known for some time now that A Good Day to Die Hard would see John McClane (Bruce Willis) heading to Russia to reunite with his estranged son Jack (Jai Courtney). What we’ve just now learned, however, is that the entire movie will be set in Russia, aside from a couple of “bookend scenes” in New York.
    “John McClaine goes to Russia and I think the technical term — which I don’t know if you can say on MTV, maybe you can — is he f***s everything up,” Fox CEO Tom Rothman told MTV.

Rothman also sat down for a few words with Collider, in which he expanded a bit on the relationship between the two McClanes:
    It’s really a father-son story, which is that John McClane’s been a great cop his whole life but he’s been a pretty lousy father. He has a grown son who he’s not really been in much touch with, and McClane thinks the son’s a f*** up — that’s a technical term. [...] So he goes to Russia, he thinks, to bail his son out of jail, and it turns out the son’s not a f*** up, he’s the antithesis of that. In fact, the apple has not fallen far from the tree, the apple has not fallen from the tree, which is that the son is a badder ass John McClane than John McClane.
    Which is a good thing, because as one thing leads to another, father and son find themselves faced with some very formidable foes. “It comes to the point in the story where they’re basically the most wanted men in the entire Soviet Union, and it’s the two of them against all of the bad guys,” said Rothman. “I’ve just gotta say, it’s a classic, classic Die Hard.”

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)

Honestly, I don't really like the whole "Let's get a son in there" thingy and title of the movie is...at least in my opinion, kinda lame. But on the other hand, it's still a "Die Hard" movie and I think Moore is a capable action director -I really liked the SWAT shootout in "Max Payne" and the chase sequences in "Behind Enemy Lines".

So I'm definitely looking forward to this movie.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Wow, die hard 5? greed of hollywood is amazing!: rol

But yeah, it's DIE HARD. One of greatest action classics. I'm still looking forward to it.

I think this should be good and hope it's R-rated

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    I think this should be good and hope it's R-rated
    The last one was PG-13, so I'm a little doubtful that Hollywood will go back to R-rated. But I hope they will! R-rated Die Hard is a lot better that PG-13 rated Die Hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Honestly, I don't really like the whole "Let's get a son in there" thingy and title of the movie is...at least in my opinion, kinda lame. But on the other hand, it's still a "Die Hard" movie and I think Moore is a capable action director -I really liked the SWAT shootout in "Max Payne" and the chase sequences in "Behind Enemy Lines".

So I'm definitely looking forward to this movie.
    So you don't like the whole sidekick aspect to McClane right?

Well i'm glad it's back to R-rated basics afterall one PG-13 installment was enough and Fox did learned their lesson just like they did with AVP as they went back to the R-rated formula with Prometheus and Predators on both franchises as they were hits and fans of both franchises appreciate that. DH 4 felt like the black sheep of the franchise as fans of the trilogy claimed it didn't felt like a DH movie, i agree that it was good as it's own action movie but not like a true DH movie as the villain felt weak compared to the Gruber Brothers and Stuart plus PG-13 was NOT necesary because DH is a franchise aimed at adults not kids, but i'm seeing a better more improved villain here and John McClane will utter his famous line without being censored this time and hopefully will deliver good action like the first three. But let's all make this a hit for Fox and to convince Fox to make the franchise stay in the straight and narrow path of R.

Well i saw it and thought it was Ok but the director kind of blows as much as the writer does, please Fox give us a better director and writer for part 6 and make sure to satisfy fans of the franchise. Hire someone like John Woo, the guy who did Predators, the guy who directed Dredd or the guy who directed Bourne Idenity to do it.