5 27.78%
  • bring back Megan Fox (unlikely)

3 16.67%
  • Other

6 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: The Female Lead

Question The Female Lead

It's too early for any casting news but after watching Battleship and Brooklyn Decker I recalled an article from AICN about the possible replacements of Megan Fox in TF3 before Rosie was hired. According to AICN they had a "highly trustworthy sources" about this and if Michael and Steven really considered these actresses for TF3 then there is a big possibility to see one of them in TF4. Of course things change and in 2014 every actress from this list will have a pretty different bio and history compared to 2011, but still let's give it a try.

(click on the red names for their IMDb page)

Gemma Arterton - the first and strongest rumor. They even said that she was in direct talks with Michael about the role. This name was released before the AICN article.

AICN list:

Emmanuelle Chriqui - Entourage

Jessica Lowndes - 90210 (my personal favorite)

Zoe Saldana - Avatar

Hayden Penetierre - Heroes

Ashley Greenhe - Twilight

Amber Heard - Drive Angry

Julianna Hough - Burlesque

Vanessa Hudgens - Sucker Punch

Rosie Huntington-Whitely - obviously their source is legit.

Bar Rafaeli - Model

Miranda Kerr - Model

Brooklyn Decker - Battleship

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45167

If you want you can vote about your favorite from this list. And because I can only put 10 names on the list I'll get rid of some of them that I don't like.

P.S. Of course if this list was right then it was about actresses that would fit the description "Sam's girlfriend" and we don't know anything about TF4's plot so take it with a grain of salt.

Default Re: The Female Lead

I just hope there are far more exciting choices out there then these people :P

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

I don't want to see any of those in TF4..
    Give me a woman. Not a little girl. Someone in her 30's. Only one who qualifies out of those are Emmanuelle Chriqui, but I've only seen her in Wrong Turn and that was a decade ago. A strong female lead would be ideal. Have a woman in the lead instead of the usual guy.
    What about Natalie Zea? She's a good actress, not 15 years old and ..since this is Hollywood.. the most "important" part; she's quiet the looker.

By the way.. Whenever I see 90210 my brain reads it as 90125. If you don't know what record that is or know the band you seriously need to stop watching movies and start listening to real music
    "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Bring in someone who actually looks like she can fire an assault riffle and run in a proper way.

:head I agree! Megan Fox, was great in the movie. It wasn't all about looks, but she could handle her own. This last one, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, was okay. She was more just beauty than anything. everyone had to keep saving her, during the battle scenes she looked so...out of it, not really aware of what was going on. I didn't really care for her. I think they need another female lead, close to the type of character of Megan Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Kalle View Post
    I don't want to see any of those in TF4..
    Give me a woman. Not a little girl. Someone in her 30's. Only one who qualifies out of those are Emmanuelle Chriqui, but I've only seen her in Wrong Turn and that was a decade ago. A strong female lead would be ideal. Have a woman in the lead instead of the usual guy.
    What about Natalie Zea? She's a good actress, not 15 years old and ..since this is Hollywood.. the most "important" part; she's quiet the looker.
    I too saw Emmanuelle Chriqui on Wrong Turn, and she was great. She fought to stay alive, and is a great actress. She would be a good choice, but there are still others that have not been considered. I think once they start casting, cause it is still to early, maybe they will find some more talent. Megan Fox had a great part on it, but she screwed it up, and I really don't think there is a chance for her to come back on, but i think that they should bring a character back like her.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by feliciacruz View Post
    She was more just beauty than anything. everyone had to keep saving her, during the battle scenes she looked so...out of it, not really aware of what was going on.

Well, that's not true. She knew exactly what was going on. During the ending sequence in Chicago when she was captured, she was basically observing the relationship between Megatron and Sentinel and most importantly right at the end she went to Megatron, they had that little "conversation"...and we all know what happened next. So I'd say that Rosie's character was more than just eye candy.

She helped a lot.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Well, that's not true. She knew exactly what was going on. During the ending sequence in Chicago when she was captured, she was basically observing the relationship between Megatron and Sentinel and most importantly right at the end she went to Megatron, they had that little "conversation"...and we all know what happened next. So I'd say that Rosie's character was more than just eye candy.

She helped a lot.
    Okay, I sort of forgot about that little conversation with Megatron, but still even in that scene, it didn't seem.....It's hard to explain, but it seemed more like just reading from the script than showing emotion of lets find a way to end this war. Like I said she was okay, and maybe if she came back it would be better, but I think they should look for someone else.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by feliciacruz View Post
    ... but it seemed more like just reading from the script than showing emotion of lets find a way to end this war. Like I said she was okay, and maybe if she came back it would be better, but I think they should look for someone else.

I was actually talking about her character, not her acting. But if we talk about acting, I personally think that she did a good job, considering the fact that this was her first movie role. Sure, we're not talking Meryl Streep in "Sophie's Choice", but let's give the girl a break.

She clearly tried to create a likeable character and I wouldn't mind seeing her in other movies. I'd be happy if she comes back for the next "Transformers" movie.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    I was actually talking about her character, not her acting. But if we talk about acting, I personally think that she did a good job, considering the fact that this was her first movie role. Sure, we're not talking Meryl Streep in "Sophie's Choice", but let's give the girl a break.

She clearly tried to create a likeable character and I wouldn't mind seeing her in other movies. I'd be happy if she comes back for the next "Transformers" movie.
    It sounds like I came off that she was just horrible, but that is not what I meant at all. She was good, and I agree that a second shot, and she'll probably nail it! But moving along, this forum was about the next female lead, not past female leads and how they were.

My bad...let's get back on subject!

Ppppfff.. this thread is meehh.. if they are gonna re-invent TF then there's not to be a "girlfriend" involved in this IMO or a very modest one on the background, you do it right (using Rosie the best you can and make it a real intense story involving her like in TF1 with Megan or even more intense) or you don't and IMHO i doubt these actresses and models, cause they all shine a light on them and sorry to say this but i don't see a nice love story with Gemma because she has been with so many guys in her private life that i'm gonna think about this the whole time when i see her "in love" lol, i don't have anything against her lifestyle and she's pretty cute looking but it's not gonna come over as a credible love story, sorry.

And Rosie is not a "THAT" she has a name so have a little respect for her..

TF4 for me could have a whole new atmosphere to the franchise, a more open world (not darker) that everything is possible and that it's not gonna be about the girl, a girl is a nice extra but without any other greats things going on it's worthless to focus light on her, and i want Michael to be more open to locations with beauty that he likes, there are so many wonderful cities and towns all over the world even in America that haven't gotten any attention yet.. sometimes you have to pick a non-perfect-Hollywood-clean place to shoot at cause this is what people love about it that it's not perfect but still wonderful you know what i mean..?
    I also say this cause i hear people say this from time to time.. they say something like "look at this beautiful sight of nature, so many great wonderful places blabla and it's all for free but nobody likes this anymore cause we need more explosions and stuff" and i think he has a slight point here.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

If i had to choose it would be either.. (in a random order)
    • Amber Heard
    • Julianne Hough
    • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
    • Emmanuelle Chriqui
    • Zoe Saldana (is pretty well known. but i don't think it's gonna be a negative influence on the movie)
    • Hayden Panettiere (well known i think, don't think this will be a negative influence on the movie either)
    • Vanessa Hudgens (cute, maybe to cute? 50/50 plus she's doing Spring Breakers in 2013?)
    • Bar Rafaeli (looks a bit like Rosie, she looks nice but i don't really see her in a TF movie and people are probably gonna bitch about putting another model in it and start joking lets put all the VS models in it! lol which isn't all that bad hehe)
    Not Jessica Lowndes (to much of a Megan Fox look-alike, ya gonna think about this constantly when you see her)
    Not Miranda Kerr (looks to much like Rosie IMO same reason with Jessica)
    Brooklyn Decker.. not so much..
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

I'm going for the Transformers not the female leads. So I really don't care as long as they're not too bad at acting and can make me believe what they're saying and doing.

I'd go with Zoe Saldana.
    Driller-bot is thirsty.