Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Hunger Games

  1. #1
    Senior Member HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,050

    Default The Hunger Games

    Since it just broke another number 1 record since it's opening day, i just saw it again and i was pleasantly surprised as it was better than i expected.

    Surprisingly well done, nicely acted even by Woody Harrelson and quite violent for it's rating and there was a bit of emotion as well besides action.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: The Hunger Games

    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    nicely acted even by Woody Harrelson
    Even? I love Woody. White Men Can't Jump and Zombieland are two of my all time favorite movies.

    I personally don't get the huge buzz about The Hunger Games. I guess it's about the book, but still it surprises me. There is nothing so revolutionary and new about the story, on the contrary this topic has been covered several times.
    By the way The Hunger Games has just surpassed DOTM at the all time domestil box office.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Trailbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    11,118

    Default Re: The Hunger Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Even? I love Woody. White Men Can't Jump and Zombieland are two of my all time favorite movies.

    I personally don't get the huge buzz about The Hunger Games. I guess it's about the book, but still it surprises me. There is nothing so revolutionary and new about the story, on the contrary this topic has been covered several times.
    By the way The Hunger Games has just surpassed DOTM at the all time domestil box office.
    Movies based on bestselling novels about young people (especially those in love ) are hugely successful here in the US, whether or not they have a good story or anything revolutionary. (I mean...look at Twilight. )

    On that note, I thought Hunger Games was excellent. Never read the book thought.

  4. #4
    Senior Member evergamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    442

    Default Re: The Hunger Games

    I loved it. Have seen it twice with my wife, and will likely go again this weekend if it's still in town.

    We both read all three books within the last month. Read the first one two nights before the movie opened, and the sequels both last week.

    It's my current obsession.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Albershide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Europe
    Posts
    4,223

    Default Re: The Hunger Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Movies based on bestselling novels about young people (especially those in love ) are hugely successful here in the US

    Well actually that's what surprised me. While Twilight is a love movie/book The Hunger Games is everything but not a love movie/book. My wife is a fan of the books and the books have very very little love story in them. Actually the movie made the love story much bigger than it is in the books.

  6. #6
    Senior Member evergamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    442

    Default Re: The Hunger Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Well actually that's what surprised me. While Twilight is a love movie/book The Hunger Games is everything but not a love movie/book. My wife is a fan of the books and the books have very very little love story in them. Actually the movie made the love story much bigger than it is in the books.

    I thought they downplayed it quite a bit in the movie.

  7. #7
    Senior Member HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Posts
    2,050

    Default Re: The Hunger Games

    Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Even? I love Woody. White Men Can't Jump and Zombieland are two of my all time favorite movies.

    I personally don't get the huge buzz about The Hunger Games. I guess it's about the book, but still it surprises me. There is nothing so revolutionary and new about the story, on the contrary this topic has been covered several times.
    By the way The Hunger Games has just surpassed DOTM at the all time domestil box office.
    I know Albershide and about the story, does it remind you of other Sci-fi films of the same theme like Battle Royale, Running Man, Death Race 2000 and it's remake, Rollerball (1975) and all those?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    815

    Default Re: The Hunger Games

    The first teaser trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •