Thread: Need For Speed - a Feature Film!

Question Need For Speed - a Feature Film!

Looks like Michael Bay's take on the trailer made a huge impression and Hollywood is considering a feature film. I can't think of better choice than Michael. But could it happen? After all he will be available after 2014 and I wonder if he would really like to be involved with it. Let's not forget that Michael has great releation with Dream Works which makes the possibility even better.

Real Steel writer John Gatins has been involved with the project from the start, developing a script with brother George. The Speed console franchise is up to 18 entries now, with EA still planning to release one game a year.
    The titles haven’t traditionally had much in the way of narrative besides winning races, upgrading cars, steering clear of the cops etc. But the latest, The Run has added some more story elements, with actors Sean Faris and Christina Hendricks voicing characters involved in a race from San Francisco to New York that also involves crime, cops and – for the first time in the games’ history – a proper way to move on foot. It’s not known whether the plot of any eventual movie will draw from the same story.
    And the plot element is not the only cinematic connection, as Michael Bay directed an ad for the game last year. Bet DreamWorks would love to get him on board for any movie, though he'll probably be burnt out on cars for a while after the next Transformers film.
    DreamWorks is said to be in advanced talks for the film, which Steven Spielberg and co are not doubt hoping will spawn a Fast & Furious-sized franchise.
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33674

Default Re: Need For Speed - a Feature Film!

That sounds pretty cool, it will be a challenge to stay unique with Fast and Furious and all you know.
    But could def. be awesome!

I have to confess.. i still have to finish the Need For Speed The Run game the environment is awesome love that American atmosphere surrounding you you know with the music and just overall everything with single player, but then again i haven't even started playing Battlefield 3 single player campaign yet either lol. (only Multi-player.)
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Need for Speed the Run was a great game and my friend and I thought it would be an awesome movie. I really hope it happens!

Banned

No.... please no! The game was terrible in comparison to the previous NFS games in the series. It's bad enough the Hollywood movie machine has run out of original idea's and are reboot/trashing older movie's and movie franchises (Running man, Robocop, TMNT, Back to the Future etc) but now games....

Here's a challenge for Hollywood: Create a competition for the public to enter, let us write our own movie scripts and idea's and enter them into a global competition. The best scripts will be selected and made into movie's or TV series etc, pay us a royalty or have some creative input and you'll slowly but surely save the industry.

My PS3 froze up again so i had to format it so i lost every saved game.. but this gave me the chance to re-experience the game from the beginning and it was FANTASTIC! it wasn't during the day, i managed my sound settings till it was perfect and it was awesome! it was more intense and loved the game more because now i could have the game better from the start!
    Great game! :borat

I loved the train scene i totally got goosebumps with that was awesome (very beginning of the game) and more scenes but i'm being distracted now.. -_- i'll tell ya later maybe.. great game nonetheless! )
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Yes!!! Do it Paramount! Please!!! Michael I will pay you to be involved in this!!!
    I'm a certified car expert, no really I am, its my job. Just thinking about this gives me goosebumps.
    I've always loved those games, hell I get to drive a lot of these cars on a daily basis. That trailer was awesome and would make for the perfect car movie. The F&F series really doesn't do the car world justice, the last two weren't bad, but still kinda of meh.
    "Drivers dont pick the cars. Cars pick the drivers"

A poster for Need For Speed was revealed at the Licensing Expo 2013 in Vegas.

hr_Licensing_Expo_2013_22.jpg

Too bad it's not gonna be made by Bay. It's gonna be directed by Scott Waughn who made a movie called Act of Valor last year.
    Now we can pretty much forget cool car crashes. I highly doubt that Dreamworks and Disney has given Waughn as much money to make the movie as Bay would have gotten from Paramount to do the movie. I was hoping that they would have crashed real cars like they did back in the days in movies like Blues Brothers and Smokey & The Bandit, but now they are most likely just gonna make the cars computer generated just to save money just like in that underground chase scene in Fast & Furious 4.
    I would have liked to see Bay take car chase scenes from movies like Blues Brothers, Smokey & The Bandit and Bullit and put them in a blender with his own chase scenes from The Island and Bad Boys 2 and see what kind of coolest car chase scene in movie history he would have come up with and crashed real Ferraris, Lambos,and Porsches. It would have been very expensive, but man it would have looked cool!
    Now without seeing the first trailer for Need For Speed, there might be a chance that it will just be a Fast & The Furious wannabe movie...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2369135/?ref_=sr_1

Banned

FAIL!

900hp Need For Speed Mustang is a fake

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/8791...tang-is-a-fake

Quote:
    The Ford-designed and created made-for-movie Mustang will be featured prominently throughout the film and become part of the mythology of the movie. The 'Need for Speed' Mustang features a custom-designed wide body, unique 22-inch alloy wheels, and larger air intakes to feed the supercharged V8 engine under its classic Mustang twin-nostril hood."

"A hero car needs a hero engine, so this Mustang has been fit with a 900-horsepower all-aluminum supercharged 5.8-litre V8 modified by Ford Racing."

Turns out the larger air intakes are also fake and it seems many of the add ons are simply plastic. Well it doesn't have a 900hp supercharged engine in it anyway, so they're probably not needed. Admittedly, the engine is supercharged, but no where near 900hp. Torchinsky also lists the car as having a fake start button which, from the pictures on Jalopnik, is "glued" over the top of another button and fake rear view cameras. And Ford's final glowing claim to the "one-off" Mustang is: "To top it all off, the car gets a custom paint job with specially formulated silver topped by blue stripes that glow when struck by light in the dark."

Yep, they're certainly blue stripes, but they apparently don't glow any more than anything else struck by light in the dark.

Ford's press release:
    http://static.stuff.co.nz/files/FordMustang.pdf

First trailer for Need For Speed has been released! It's time to race and crash some cars baby!!
    At least a Mustang, a Koenigsegg and maybe a Bugatti will get smashed to smithereens!!
    Will be interesting to see if Bay can top the car chases in this movie with his "Chase from hell" in TF4!

Here's a video of the camera cars used in Need For Speed. They built camera cars that could keep up with the real cars used in the movie! Cars like the Shelby GT500 Mustang, Koenigsegg Agera R, Bugatti Veyron and McLaren P1! They made it as realistic as possible when shooting the chase scenes using stunt drivers. It looks like this movie will have some awesome race scenes shot in high speeds and not shot in 30mph and with speed up frames to make it look really fast. Then I saw on a TV add that it's gonna be in 3D! Sweet!

Here's how they shot Age of Extinction. OK, they drove to oncoming traffic in the video, but the oncoming traffic is standing still so it would be a lot easier to avoid the cars and not cause an collision. But I bet they drove in 50mph with the Bugatti even when they drove on the right side of the road. Which is an insult to the car and it's makers if you ask me. Gotta see the movie first, but I think it's gonna have some really cool chase scenes that's gonna blow the chase scenes (if there's gonna be any) from AOE sky high!