Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What Movies Have You Seen Lately? (Part 4 - REVENGE!)

Default What Movies Have You Seen Lately? (Part 4 - REVENGE!)

My Bloody Valentine
    Humanoids from the Deep (original)
    Friday the 13th (original)
    Friday the 13th Part 2
    The Ritual
    The Ward
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Gladiator
    X-Men: First Class
    John Carter (three times)

Tonight: Cabin in the Woods
    "When you make something no one hates, no one loves it." - Tibor Kalman

Default Re: What Movies Have You Seen Lately? (Part 4 - REVENGE!)

Oh Humanoids from The Deep i remembered watching that when i was a kid and creeped me out, i did bought the director's cut Blu-Ray last year and thought it was quite graphic as no wonder it had to avoid an X-rating.

Battle Royale
    theatrical cut on R1 Blu-Ray: I bought the collection that has both director's and theatrical cuts of this Japanese Sci-fi action masterpiece and the disappointing BR II plus a disc of extras, i always loved this movie since i got the R0 DVD director's cut back in 2003 and one of my fave Japanese films ever and one of my fave Sci-fi films ever. It's the inspiration to Hunger Games, Kill Bill and many more that even Quentin Tarantino approves of it as it's about 9th grade students in the future who are forced by their government to murder each other on an island until one wins the game, gory and violent but with some emotional moments and political satire at that too besides action, it looks terrific in high defintion. A must see!

Oliver and Company: who remembers this Disney animated film? one of my all time fave Disney films, has a couple of cool 80s songs by Billy Joel who also does voice acting and Huey Lewis. I saw this in theaters when it first came out in the late 80s when i was 7 and i had the merchandise to it including the CD soundtrack which i still own to this day and Mcdonalds toys in my happy meals, a shame it was never released on video for 7 years but it finally did came to video in 96.

House on The Edge of the Park: A very good, fun if sleazy and violent Italian exploitation movie from the director of the infamous "Cannibal Holocaust" Ruggero Deoato, one of my fave horror films since junior high and it stars David Hess from the original 1972 "Last House on The Left" and Giovanni Rambrace aka John Morghen as its in the tradition of Last House on The Left, Maniac and I Spit on Your Grave.

The Deadly Spawn: One of my fave Sci-fi horror movies since i was a kid and this looks decent on Blu-Ray, it's very bloody and well made with a creative monster from space in it, i recommend it if you like Sci-fi and horror.

Critters 1 & 2: I saw both of these in theaters as a kid and loved them, such fun Sci-fi horror comedies with action, suspense, comedy and cool special effects especially that scene where a bounty hunter from space turns into a hot playboy centerfold whom i had a crush on when i was a kid.

Transformers The Movie (1986): What 80s kid didn't see this one? i saw it 2 times in theaters when i was a kid and i felt sad when Optimus died but it was a great film and still is.

The Hunger Games.

Pretty damn good I must say!

Cabin in the Woods.

I liked it, but my wife absolutely HATED it....She was expecting a typical horror movie, and this movie was NOT that. I give them credit for doing something different for a change. I give it an "A".

Titanic 3D - I cherish this movie for many reasons. Just the experience to see it again in cinema was priceless. Its one of those movies that celebrate everything what is beautifull and worth in making and whatching movies.

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

Banned

Day's of Thunder = an oldie but a goodie

The Darkest Hour, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying that I Redboxed a SyFy channel movie of the week.

Cabin in the Woods. Terrible movie, absolutely terrible.

The Grey - not what I expected but still I loved it.

Super 8 - fantastic movie. I can't believe I missed it on the big screen. J. J. made a really great tribute to Steven Spielberg.

Goon - not bad.

Iron Sky. What a great movie! A Sci-fi, comedy, action, parody movie! Now thats got to be a new genre!
    The movie makes so much fun of the American politics, the Nazis, the German language, a bunch of countries including Finland, Australia and North Korea, that it's just hilarious!! :lmao
    It also has clear references to DOTM!! Star Wars and a classic scene from Der Untergang with a PR woman instead of Hitler!
    It's so not a Hollywood production and that makes it so fresh and good!
    So what the script writers in Hollywood should do is what the makers of Iron Sky did. You go to a sauna with a bottle of vodka and you tell each other about dreams that you have had and you develop a movie idea out of that! That way you may end up with getting a brand new fresh idea instead of making a remake of every movie that has already been made!
    This movie is already a cult movie and I can't wait for the Blu-ray release!
    4/5 points!!

Banned

Red Dog - quite literally a movie about a "legendary red dog" in Australia. (about as accurate as the movie Wolf Creek)

Battleship - Michael Bay should be flattered. He is still below 50 and Peter Berg already made him a whole movie tribute. :borat
    You can't help but think about Pearl Harbor, Armageddon and Transformers when you watch this movie. Still I don't think this is a bad thing (though the use of the Blackout sound was too much).
    I really enjoyed the movie. Great spectacle with non stop action and great music. Just don't ask yourself questions like "why this" or "why that". Just don't take it serious and have fun.

P.S. Oh almost forgot - I don't know is it just me but Rihanna was horrible.

The Fox and The Hound on Blu-Ray: Such a heartbreaking and great underrated disney classic from the 80s! i saw it in theaters in it's 88 re-issue when i was a kid and loved it as i saw it 3 times. Looks sharp on high-def.

Cabin in The Woods: Terrific and well made horror comedy from Joss Whedon as he is a genius, this one is one of the best horror films of the year.

Batman Mystery of the Batwoman: One of the weaker Batman animated movies but good nevertheless.

The Adventures of TinTin on Blu-Ray: Best animated movie of last year! a real game-changer in motion capture and Peter Jackson with Speilberg have done it again.

Fist of the North Star (1986 animated version): Still better than that shitty 1995 live-action adaptation, this animated Sci-fi action movie just screams "Michael Bay" all the way as it's non-stop explosive action with gore abound, exploding heads, kickass martial arts sequences and amazing animation for it's time, i loved it since junior high and the soundtrack rocks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    P.S. Oh almost forgot - I don't know is it just me but Rihanna was horrible.
    I dont think it was ever an issue that Rihanna can act or not. She can't. Case closed

Anonymous - duh I am so depressed I was really looking forward to this movie. Although I dont believe any Shakespeare-theories, I still was curious. But the storytelling was so boring. The characters were so boring. But the cinematography was nice, and the candle lights felt so real! Also big wow for the CGI and the set design.

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

Rango.

Probably one of the most creative examples of anthropomorphizing animals I have ever scene. That and the fantastic visuals and voice acting.

A special mention goes to Rattlesnake Jake. Davy Jones as a huge talking rattlesnake with a machine gun for a rattler? F**king badass.

Setup - Prettttyyy bad....
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

I agree Rihanna is one of those singers that can't act just like Madonna, Sting, Elvis or Mick Jagger. They should learn that sometimes a musician can act on film, well you know like David Bowie, Ice Cube, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, Will Smith, Cher, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Mos Def, Kris Kristopherson and even Grace Jones for examples of pop musicians who all CAN act.

The Road Warrior
    on Blu-Ray: An 80s Sci-fi action classic, here's a sequel that surpasses the original in everywhere and has the coolest stunts shown back then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    I agree Rihanna is one of those singers that can't act just like Madonna, Sting, Elvis or Mick Jagger. They should learn that sometimes a musician can act on film, well you know like David Bowie, Ice Cube, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, Will Smith, Cher, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Mos Def, Kris Kristopherson and even Grace Jones for examples of pop musicians who all CAN act.
    She can't sing either! She has her own lyricist, writers, choreographers and producers. She's simply the over hyped, over produced auto-tuned voice and face to sell more records for her label.

Her manager was recently quoted saying "we have two very talented artists working with us right now. One has real talent and uses her voice to sell her music (Adele) the other sells sex and herself to make records (Rihanna)"

Melancholia - beautifully shot (Arri Alexa), but like Tree of Life, proceed with auteur caution.

The Five Year Engagement - Forgetting Sarah Marshall crew, similar flavor.

Rango - Pretty fun movie
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Banned

The Fall.
    Beautifully shot, great story. A please to watch every time.

To start off an Avengers marathon before i see it Thursday at midnight's opening.

Captain America First Avenger: Awesome prequel to a fantastic series of Marvel films, Evans was terrific as CA and Hugo Weaving and better than that 1990 monstrosity.

Iron Man: The first of the Avengers movie and a personal fave, Downy Jr. was born to play the role as the title character and Tony Stark.

The Incredible Hulk (2008): Awesome second avengers movie, Norton was also awesome in this movie and better than Lee's version.

To be concluded tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    The Fall.
    Beautifully shot, great story. A please to watch every time.
    Great movie. It is based on the screenplay of the 1981 Bulgarian film Yo Ho Ho.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

"The Aviator"

Poster.jpg

Still one of my favorite movies. Scorsese is a genius and DiCaprio is one of the finest actors around. No doubt in my mind.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Great movie. It is based on the screenplay of the 1981 Bulgarian film Yo Ho Ho.
    Thank you! Now I know what to watch this weekend