Thread: A Michael Bay/Schwarzenegger Team-up: Could it happen?

Default A Michael Bay/Schwarzenegger Team-up: Could it happen?

Now that Arnold is out of office and back into making movies, I'd love to believe a Bay flick starring Schwarzenegger is more than possible. I know Arnold probably can't do the same kind of roles he did back in the '80's and '90's (the guy's 65 years old, after all), but if THE LAST STAND proves Arnold can still pull off even the most intense action scenes, a Bay/Schwarzenegger combo could be dynamite. At the very least, the publicity potential is terrific.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: A Michael Bay/Schwarzenegger Team-up: Could it happen?

If I recall correctly they were developing "I Am Legend" together, but it ended up being a Francis Lawrence production with Will Smith. 10-15 years ago a Bay/Schwarzenegger combo would've been great. But now...I don't tnink so. Maybe Schwarzenegger is not too old for action films, and I'm glad he's still working. But he's definitely too old for Michael Bay films.

When you're on a Bay set, as an actor, you work your a** off and you run...a lot. And in my opinion Schwarzenegger is no longer fit for this. Love the man, but a Michael Bay action film will be too much for him. I don't think it'll happen.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Maybe in a role of president of the USA.

I would like to see him take the role of a parent or grandpa which is not very exciting by itself but when something happens he mentally transforms into this badass but this could go both ways, hè could break a hip or he really starts to kick some serious ass.

President would be a great idea to, like you first see the back of his expensive leather chair turns aroundwith his sigar in his mouth. *classic*
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

I loved Arny back in the days. He had really very low acting skills but who cares with all the action around him. Now he is too old for action and his acting skill have surpassed even a lower point. Maybe he forgot some of the tricks. I'll always remember his cameo in Expendables. He couldn't even walk in a straight line. And the guy who edited the movie tried really hard with that dialogue scene. You can tell by the cuts.

Still I hope he'll be back in a good shape for Expendables 2 and possibly True Lies 2 and Terminator 5 as he wishes.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57515

I don't think he would fit a lead role in a MB film but maybe a character that shows up in a few scenes or even a supportive role.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    I loved Arny back in the days. He had really very low acting skills but who cares with all the action around him. Now he is too old for action and his acting skill have surpassed even a lower point. Maybe he forgot some of the tricks. I'll always remember his cameo in Expendables. He couldn't even walk in a straight line. And the guy who edited the movie tried really hard with that dialogue scene. You can tell by the cuts.

Still I hope he'll be back in a good shape for Expendables 2 and possibly True Lies 2 and Terminator 5 as he wishes.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=57515
    I dont see your problem. That was an awesome scene. And its hard to tell if Arnold is a good actor or not... he is certainly very different, which is why people love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    I dont see your problem. That was an awesome scene.
    I wouldn't call it a problem. The editing of the dialogue scene ruined it for me. And they kept a take where he looses his balance when he turned at the end of the video (it was more visible in the actual movie). Nothing drastic but I just can't see him making stunts anymore especially in a MB movie.

Yeah I don't think so either. There's no way Schwarzenegger will ever look as good as his pre-Governor shape again, so all he could play is the President or something like that where it would just be a glorified cameo, and he'd still look old and out of place.

Banned

expendablespostersmall.jpg

yup, he lookin way 2 old for all this.. he should give it up.

this looks like the poster for "Hobo with a shotgun 2"

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    Maybe in a role of president of the USA.
    oh my god, that would be hilarious!!

Bay and Arnold? Come on. If Arnold is going to be in any movie, it should be directed by James Cameron. Those two go way back. Cameron could really pull out the best qualities in Arnold's character. He's a jokester. A big muscular well-disciplined kid, and he had a warmth when he needed it. There's no way he would make sense in any Bay movie, except for a cameo role. (Remember, the deleted "Hi, I'm Dan Marino." line from BBII?).

Unless, he figures out a way to work Mr. Freeze into Transformers 4. Well, I guess I should chill out now. I mean peace out.