Thread: Project Glass: Google's wearable smartphone/computer/glasses...thingy...

Arrow Project Glass: Google's wearable smartphone/computer/glasses...thingy...

In terms of the whole "wearable computer" concept, I'm more partial to a watch based design, but I thought this was pretty neat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6W4CCU9M4

Of course, there's the risk of bumping into all kinds of sh*t when you have a message covering your entire field of vision.

But if I will be able to read people's power levels with this thing then I'm sold.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Project Glass: Google's wearable smartphone/computer/glasses...thingy...

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Default Re: Project Glass: Google's wearable smartphone/computer/glasses...thingy...

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Thoughts?

Let's talk about technology as a whole. Way I see it, it's just a matter of time before we enter the "WALL-E" world (yes, the way they lived in that big ship). Fat and lazy, with nothing but fake computer gadgets around us, doing everything for us. At a certain point you just have to say "Enough is enough" - enough with all that computer, smartphone, IPhone, Ipad, tablet crap and let us start living a more "normal" life. Well, that's kind of impossible now is it?

In my view, technology is moving way too fast and it's not good. Not good for us, as human beings. Literally every single day you hear about some "amazing" new gadget that will, supposedly, make your life easier. Really? I was having a great life in the 90s without all that "sophisticated" computer world around me. I know that people will say "Then don't buy these things, don't pay attention to them". Well, I don't buy them but it's kinda hard to avoid them when they're around you 24/7. Especially in California.

And not to mention the fact that people constantly complain that they don't have enough money, yet somehow they're always able to buy the latest smartphone or tablet. How would you explain that? Now, I can afford to buy these things, but the question is - "Do I really need them?"

Do I have to change my phone every six monts? My answer is simple - no. I have a Samsung Galaxy and if everything is fine, I'll be with that phone for at least 5 years.

What I'm saying is - we have to calm down with all these technological inventions and the rush to buy them. I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this one, but that's how I feel.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post
    Let's talk about technology as a whole. Way I see it, it's just a matter of time before we enter the "WALL-E" world (yes, the way they lived in that big ship). Fat and lazy, with nothing but fake computer gadgets around us, doing everything for us. At a certain point you just have to say "Enough is enough" - enough with all that computer, smartphone, IPhone, Ipad, tablet crap and let us start living a more "normal" life. Well, that's kind of impossible now is it?

In my view, technology is moving way too fast and it's not good. Not good for us, as human beings. Literally every single day you hear about some "amazing" new gadget that will, supposedly, make your life easier. Really? I was having a great life in the 90s without all that "sophisticated" computer world around me. I know that people will say "Then don't buy these things, don't pay attention to them". Well, I don't buy them but it's kinda hard to avoid them when they're around you 24/7. Especially in California.

And not to mention the fact that people constantly complain that they don't have enough money, yet somehow they're always able to buy the latest smartphone or tablet. How would you explain that? Now, I can afford to buy these things, but the question is - "Do I really need them?"

Do I have to change my phone every six monts? My answer is simple - no. I have a Samsung Galaxy and if everything is fine, I'll be with that phone for at least 5 years.

What I'm saying is - we have to calm down with all these technological inventions and the rush to buy them. I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this one, but that's how I feel.
    Umm, I meant thoughts on the device itself. You essentially just made the same argument people have been making since there has been technology. I've heard it a billion times.

I'll tell you what kind of technology that hasn't progressed fast enough: energy. I want my affordable electric car, goddamn it.

Mind: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Umm, I meant thoughts on the device itself.
    I know. But I tried to look at the big picture. Hence the sentence "Let's talk about technology as a whole".

You essentially just made the same argument people have been making since there has been technology.

Not exactly true, because I haven't heard people talking like that back in the 90's. It all kinda exploded in the last ten years - that crazy obsession "We have to make new phones and laptops every month and publicize the s*** out of them" or " "I gotta have the latest smartphone. I'll live for a week in front of that Apple store just to be sure that I'll get the phone as soon as possible"..... and on and on and on. And people (like me) are simply reacting to this thing. As for that device in the clip above - same thing. Just another "cool" gadget for people to waste their money on. Again, the question should be "Do I really need this?"

My personal answer is "no".

I'll tell you what kind of technology that hasn't progressed fast enough: energy.
    That's true.
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Looks cool but like always, it's only in the US..
    Google Art Galleries is also pretty cool the Van Gogh museum has loads of art displayed on there.

Google - Art Project:

http://www.googleartproject.com/unsupported-ie/
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhem View Post

Your viewpoint is understandable, but I disagree, so I suggest you watch this video, it conveys an interesting viewpoint on the whole "issue": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2xuQII5Y24&

Also, I dont believe we will ever get to the point of WALL-E humans: Because beeing lazy is a choice.

Banned

Yaaawn, augmented reality devices are so 2001, but then again the public always get their panties wet when they see something that's "new" but has been in development or already available to the commercial, governmental or military industries for years/decades.

Microsoft are also developing some cool augmented reality apps for Kinect to work in sync with 3D holographic screens.

3729847_700b_v3.jpg