Thread: Avatar 2

Default Avatar 2

From Wiki:

In 2006, Cameron stated that if Avatar was successful, he hoped to make two sequels to the film.In 2010, he said the film's widespread success confirmed that he will.The prospect of sequels was something he planned from the start, going so far as to include certain scenes in the film for future story followups. In August 2010, Cameron stated that his plans are to shoot both sequels in the planned trilogy back-to-back. He also mentioned, "what I'm working on primarily is the novel" and "presumably, once the novel is nailed down, work will begin in earnest on getting the sequel going."

Cameron stated that they are going to widen the universe while exploring other moons of Polyphemus. The first sequel will focus on the ocean of Pandora but will also feature more of the rainforest from the original movie. Later in 2010, Cameron announced his intention to capture footage for this sequel at the bottom of the Mariana Trench using a deepwater submersible. In December 2011, Cameron revealed that he is writing second and third films together, but that he is just starting to design the ocean ecosystem of Pandora and the other worlds to be included in story. The storyline, although continuing the environmental theme of the first film, will not be "strident", as the film will concentrate on entertainment encouraging action to save the oceans of our blue planet.

The sequels will continue to follow the characters of Jake and Neytiri. Cameron implied that the humans would return as the antagonists of the story. "I expect that those nasty humans didn't go away forever," he said. Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana have signed on to reprise their roles in future sequels. In February 2010, Cameron confirmed that Sigourney Weaver, who played Dr. Grace Augustine, will also be appearing in Avatar 2, stating that "no one ever dies in science fiction."

In a recent interview the producer Jon Landau said:

"We're not naming dates, but I think 2014 will be a tough date for us to make. It's about getting it right."
    Which leads the door wide open for TF4 to grab the 2014 Visual Effects Award.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33583

Default Re: Avatar 2

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post
    Which leads the door wide open for TF4 to grab the 2014 Visual Effects Award.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33583
    Until the Academy slams that door shut, anyway.

But yeah, Avatar 2. I'm totally game. I also heard something about Cameron wanting to shoot the movie(s) at 60 frames per second? I don't even think today's projectors can handle that many fps.

I don't mind an Avatar 2. A little iffy on a third movie but a fourth one? No way. The first one wasn't even that good.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

James Cameron to Film Three Avatar Movies at the Same Time?

When “Political Animals” finishes shooting, see if you can follow Weaver’s schedule: she goes right into a new Christopher Durang play for a short run at Lincoln Center. Then she films “Avatar” 2, 3, and 4 with James Cameron. That’s right: they’re making three sequels to the blue 3D phenom all at the same time. Weaver says she has no idea how long it will take, or how it’s going to work. “I just show up,” she said.
    Gosh! He should have made a TV series.
    So long Battle Angel. At least till 2020.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91891

Jim Cameron wants to make Avatar 4 a prequel...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169...avatar-4.jhtml

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbreaker View Post
    Jim Cameron wants to make Avatar 4 a prequel...

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169...avatar-4.jhtml
    I think Jim may be overestimating the popularity of this property just a tad.

I thought Cameron said he was first going to publish a novel which would include, but greatly expand upon, the storyline of the first movie, setting up the canon for the following films. He started mentioning that in interviews after Avatar's release, and made it sound like it would be out a year later or so. But now it's been almost three years.

Cameron is starting to write the two scripts for Avatar 2 and 3 and he hopes he will get it done by the end of the year.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/...-writing-task/

I can't wait to hear the news after Avatar.
    "James Cameron is making Titanic 2 and 3 at the same time in 3D. There will be also a Titanic 4 which will be a prequel."

"Michael Bay is made out of rainbow powder"

James Cameron tips Hobbit to spark film revolution
    Oscar-winning director James Cameron predicted Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" would do for high-definition film-making what his own hit "Avatar" did for 3D movies.

WELLINGTON (AFP) - Oscar-winning director James Cameron predicted Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" would do for high-definition film-making what his own hit "Avatar" did for 3D movies.

Jackson has filmed "The Hobbit" at a groundbreaking 48 frames a second rather than the standard 24, a move that drew mixed critical reactions when a preview was screened in Las Vegas in April.

But Cameron, a surprise guest at the premiere of the first instalment of "The Hobbit" in Wellington on Wednesday, said he faced similar scepticism pioneering modern 3D techniques on "Avatar", now the highest grossing film of all time.

He said Jackson's latest movie was destined to be a hit, making it easier for him (Cameron) to employ 48 frames a second which eliminated the "strobing" seen in standard films.

"If there is acceptance of 48, then that will pave the way for Avatar (sequels) to take advantage of it," Cameron told reporters.

"We charged out ahead on 3D with Avatar, now Peter's doing it with the Hobbit. It takes that kind of bold move to make change."

Jackson this week likened the higher shooting rate to the introduction of compact discs, saying it was the way of the future for film.

"I personally think it's fantastic, but it's different," he told Radio New Zealand.

"I remember when CDs came in and there was a nostalgic feeling that the sound of a needle on vinyl was what music should sound like -- suddenly you've got this pristine clarity and a lot of people were nay-saying it."

Cameron said Jackson was a singular film-maker who had turned the New Zealand film industry into a global force.

"He's elevated the industry to a global level, where people from all over the world -- artists, film-makers, special effects technicians and so on -- come here to work, that's unique," he said.

"It's really only happened a couple of times before, in Los Angeles and maybe London... it's the first time it's been done by a single film-maker."

Cameron, who owns a farm in New Zealand, said he was on the property working on scripts for sequels to "Avatar", complaining: "Unfortunately it's too damn distracting because it's so beautiful".

He said he hoped to have the scripts completed by February and begin filming by the end of next year.

"I want to get these scripts nailed down, I don't want to be writing the movie in post production," the director said.

"We kind of did that on the first picture, I ended up cutting out a lot of scenes and so on and I don't want to do that again."

Cameron, originally from Canada, said he was enjoying the relaxed lifestyle in New Zealand.
    "We knew our immediate neighbours in a couple of mile radius a heck of a lot better in the first few weeks than we did in Los Angeles in 10 years," he said.

Cameron has picked his screenwriters for Avatar 2, 3 and 4. All three will be shot simultaneously with a probable total cost of $1 billion!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/fox-...vatar-sequels/

Thats ambition right there.

Wow...I guess Cameron has a suuuper solid idea of what he wants to do in this franchise. I'm excited to see how it turns out.
    "I BELIEVE WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL YOU, SIMPLY MAKES YOU.....STRANGER."

So are these three movies going to be interconnected in some way? Like their own trilogy separate from the first movie? If that's the case, they'll essentially be the "Lord of the Rings" to the first movie's "Hobbit." (Referring to the books.)

What I understand, the second movie will pick up where the first one ended. Cameron has said that in the second one, he'll introduce the sea world of Pandora, so expect a lot of under water shots to be seen in the second one with a lot of strange and weird looking sea creatures swimming around. Sigourney Weaver's character will also be back for Avatar 2, but not sure if she'll be in all four. Sam Worthington will be back, but not sure if he'll be a blue guy all the time or if we get to see him being a human again. So all of the four movies should be connected. Instead of a trilogy, it will be a quadrilogy. I think that the reason why Cameron hired these screen writers is that the script to Avatar 2 took a hell of a lot longer to write than what he expected it to take. So that's why he hired these guys to help him out, but be sure that Cameron will co-write all four movies with the other hired writers, cause Avatar is totally his own baby and if he doesn't like something that the hired writers write, then he'll be sure to change that before they start to shoot the movies.

So, finally some news of Avatar 2, 3 and 4. James Cameron will pull a "Peter Jackson" and shoot all three movies back-to-back and he'll do it in New Zealand. Production is expected to start next year and Avatar 2 has a release date set for December 2016. So, three more years before Avatar 2 will see the light of day at your local movie theater...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112516

Looks like he moved it to avoid competition against Star Wars 7

Here's some news of what's happening right now with the Avatar sequels.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=115012