Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Title NINJA TURTLES

Default The Title NINJA TURTLES

Paramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple. The characters you all remember are exactly the same, and yes they still act like teenagers. Everything you remember, why you liked the characters, is in the movie. This script is being developed by two very smart writers, with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles. They care VERY MUCH about making this film for the fans. Everyone on this team cares about the fans. Just give them a chance. Jonathan the director, is a major fan of the whole franchise. HE'S NOT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN.

MICHAEL

Default Re: The Title NINJA TURTLES

I hope everything is clear for the fans now and we can go with a free mind in the next week of P&G filming.

Heart: California. Body: Between US & Europe.

Mike, I know you guys will do a great job. Hopefully, the Turtles fans are happy now and we can all focus on "Pain & Gain".
    "You know why the departures and the arrivals at LAX are on separate levels? So the 30,000 heartbreakers that come here each month don't notice the 30,000 that are leaving with their hearts broken."

Banned

good to know! ninja turtles then! i like it, short & sweet, now i hope everyone relaxes & forgets about all this for now & focuses on Pain & Gain.

Edit: ah looks like the 2 guys above me said the same thing.

Banned

I like just plain old 'Ninja Turles' better than 'TMNT' (the 2007 animated film). That one was alright, but having an abbrieviated title... WTF. And besides, this'll distinguish this new film from the 1990's trilogy.

Oh, and, Mr. Bay, have fun filming!
    I hate haters...
    Because "Dark of the Moon was f*cking robbed."

That's all I needed and wanted to hear. Thanks for the update Mike. I'm sure you guys will do a great job with this film.
    Also great to hear Pain & Gain starts filming within the next week. I personally cant wait for that film. Have fun with it.
    I kno you wont let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by BAYsplosions!
    That's all I needed and wanted to hear. Thanks for the update Mike. I'm sure you guys will do a great job with this film.
    Also great to hear Pain & Gain starts filming within the next week. I personally cant wait for that film. Have fun with it.
    I kno you wont let us down.
    Hear, hear!
    Enjoy filming P&G Michael. don't let NT fans distract you from P&G anymore from now on.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

I dont see why people are all having heart attacks over this movie. The "Ninja Turtle" franchise has been destroyed since TMNT-3. Its not like the series could go further under. If anything this could be the only chance to bring what we remembered from our childhoods back to life.

Talking Re: The Title NINJA TURTLES

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    I dont see why people are all having heart attacks over this movie. The "Ninja
    Turtle" franchise has been destroyed since TMNT-3. Its not like the series could go further under. If anything this could be the only chance to bring what we remembered from our childhoods back to life.
    The fans and creators of the TMNT 2k3 cartoon as well as the later comics would disagree with that statement

But either way, Glad to know the name change is for marketing...

I'm not sure about this current trend of shortening movie titles. I wish I could understand the thinking that goes on in the marketing departments these days. It didn't work for JOHN CARTER (let's face it, "John Carter of Mars" was just a better all-around title, and cutting out "of Mars" didn't do jack-squat for the film's box office), and I hope the motivation behind the title change is more than "TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES is one too many words for modern audiences to read on a poster in a theatre lobby". It just doesn't speak well of modern audiences, y'know?

I don't know, the way today's studios insist on making a title ridiculously short and bland (JOHN CARTER), or ridiculously long and clunky (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL, INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL) just strikes me as a little...weird.

I hope the alteration is justified by the time the movie comes out.

Oh well. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles does have a nice ring to it though.

Ha! The fans should just be glad the title wasn't shortened to just "Turtles".

Quote Originally Posted by MitP
    I don't know, the way today's studios insist on making a title ridiculously short and bland (JOHN CARTER), or ridiculously long and clunky (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL, INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL) just strikes me as a little...weird.

I hope the alteration is justified by the time the movie comes out.
    That's because most people know these Franchises already and because you can always say the first words like: Pirates, Indy or Indiana Jones.
    It's not like there's another Pirates or Indy film playing.. And the same with TF.

And TMNT is just to freakin long, i already thought that as a kid it was to long back then (for a movie title), everybody knows they are mutants cause there are no turtles on earth THAT BIG and the fact they act like teenagers is not important, you'll notice that when your watching them.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Banned

It's out of Bay's hands because he's not the one holding the cheque book, but It started with the change from mutants to Aliens and now changing the name from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to Ninja Turtles... who knows what's next? Instead of Turtles they'll change them to some other reptile. Even the writers are controlled by those who pay their wages... chances are there will be several disagreements along the way over creative differences. With that being said I'm not a hater, I'm just hoping the Hollywood movie machine doesn't take a cherished franchise, chew it up and then spit out another pile of 5hit.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post
    Paramount marketing changed the name. They made the title simple. The characters you all remember are exactly the same, and yes they still act like teenagers. Everything you remember, why you liked the characters, is in the movie. This script is being developed by two very smart writers, with one of the original creators of Ninja Turtles. They care VERY MUCH about making this film for the fans. Everyone on this team cares about the fans. Just give them a chance. Jonathan the director, is a major fan of the whole franchise. HE'S NOT GOING TO LET YOU DOWN.

MICHAEL
    I hope you guys know what you are doing, and you better make Krang awesome.

Ok, here is my thing....for those that remember the original TMNT Comics written and inked by Eastmand and Laird....every movie and cartoon since then has not done them justice in any way shape or form. The comics did not depict the turtles as the joke cracking fun loving type. As far as I am concerned, this reboot can only help my feelings towards how Hollywood has treated this franchise. I would like to see more input from the creators of TMNT, but I don't know if they even own the rights anymore.

I know many people have said this will destory their memories of the turtles....well, hollywierd already did that for us ORIGINAL FANS of the comic, I say go for it, but try not to make it a comedy. Go read some of the original comics, not that cartoonish crap that came out when the movies were popular, and forget that crappy cartoon. To this day I regret selling off those comics, but I needed the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspx View Post
    Ok, here is my thing....for those that remember the original TMNT Comics written and inked by Eastmand and Laird....every movie and cartoon since then has not done them justice in any way shape or form. The comics did not depict the turtles as the joke cracking fun loving type. As far as I am concerned, this reboot can only help my feelings towards how Hollywood has treated this franchise. I would like to see more input from the creators of TMNT, but I don't know if they even own the rights anymore.

I know many people have said this will destory their memories of the turtles....well, hollywierd already did that for us ORIGINAL FANS of the comic, I say go for it, but try not to make it a comedy. Go read some of the original comics, not that cartoonish crap that came out when the movies were popular, and forget that crappy cartoon. To this day I regret selling off those comics, but I needed the money.
    The problem is, when most people think of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, that "crappy cartoon" you're referring to is what's going to come to everyone's mind. In fact, it wasn't long ago when I learned that it was based on a comic book.

With that mind, the upcoming reboot is most likely going to draw much of its inspiration from the cartoon. Because that's what everyone remembers!!! It's what I remembered when I had a few episodes on VHS. Imagine if they just followed the comic books. "What? No 'kowabunga dude?' No pizza? These are not the fun turtles I remembered!!!" Personally, I'd more pissed about that than the whole alien controversy.

Don't forget guys, Paramount needs to market this movie to kids too. Dark and gritty may not be an option.

The 2003 series, was much closer to the comics, and I loved it. The Turtles barley ever said kowabunga, or ate pizza, and I ended up liking it more than the old series. I don't get why you have to make stuff goofy, and stupid to appeal to kids. Batman Begins was dark and gritty, and still did well. It managed to get a PG-13 rating, without having Batman dress in a blue costume, and have BAM! and POW! appear on screen ever time he hit someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech_1000 View Post
    I dont see why people are all having heart attacks over this movie. The "Ninja Turtle" franchise has been destroyed since TMNT-3. Its not like the series could go further under. If anything this could be the only chance to bring what we remembered from our childhoods back to life.
    I wouldn't say destroyed, but they seemed to have gone backwards since TMNT 2. The first movie is one of the very best comic book to movie adaptations have seen. The second one could have been something else, but the studios caved in to all of the fluffy parents who don't really like the Ninja aspect of the Turtles.

There was even a ban on nunchucks in TV, movies and so forth for a while back in the 90's, and they even had to replace Mikey's weapons with a grappling hook to compensate for the ban. Where were all the purists back then to bitch about this?

well, for me it doesn't matter what the title is called as long i know that it is about those four funny teenage mutant ninja turtles, who swing around with nunchucks, bo's, sai's and kanta's. The only thing is hope for is that it will be much better than the 4th movie! (the 3th wasn't awesome, but atleast much better than the 4th.) And please, if they going to do the turtles in CGI (or what ever it was in the 4th movie) let them be looking good as in TF.

I thought the 4th movie was better than the 3th. I thought they got the tone, and the characters right.

loved the imagi turtles movie, watched it last week, great story line with Leo and ralph, it's not pixar quality, i agree on that.
    There once was a tale about a man who can turn invisible.....

Thumbs up Re: The Title NINJA TURTLES

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbay View Post

MICHAEL
    - Michael.
    ------- im sure there not, i cant even wait to see this movie. Jonathan is an awesome director. and if a director doesnt care about the fans, what is he? i cant wait to see how this movie/work of art. comes out its going to be sick.

Its funny that they are getting a lot of publicity over this. It would be even more funny if this turned out to be one of those "lie rumors" Michael Bay tries to implant.