Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers 4 - Prequel ?

Default Transformers 4 - Prequel ?

Transformers 4 should be a prequel.

...Megatron and Starscream again

Default Re: Transformers 4 - Prequel ?

The entire story would probably have to be set on Cybertron, and that's not really in the cards.

Besides, it would be a little depressing to get this far, only to backtrack. (One of the reasons why I'm not looking forward to the upcoming SPIDER-MAN "reboot".)

Quote Originally Posted by MitP View Post
    The entire story would probably have to be set on Cybertron, and that's not really in the cards.

Besides, it would be a little depressing to get this far, only to backtrack. (One of the reasons why I'm not looking forward to the upcoming SPIDER-MAN "reboot".)
    Well where else can they go from TF3? All the villains got killed off, and Michael Bay did say he will never put in Unicron. I myself can't see where this series is going to go from where the third one left off from. Plus, the reboot for Spider-Man is necessary on some occasions. One of the reasons being that there was no where to go from SM3, and even the crew said everything was tied up in the third one where they even knew they couldn't go anywhere else with that story. I guess the same could go for the TF franchise, so that they can get it right this time around, or just ignore anything that happened in the previous movies. That's what a reboot really is, it either takes place after the original movies with little to no reference of the previous films, or start all over.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBargas

Well where else can they go from TF3? All the villains got killed off, and Michael Bay did say he will never put in Unicron. I myself can't see where this series is going to go from where the third one left off from. Plus, the reboot for Spider-Man is necessary on some occasions. One of the reasons being that there was no where to go from SM3, and even the crew said everything was tied up in the third one where they even knew they couldn't go anywhere else with that story. I guess the same could go for the TF franchise, so that they can get it right this time around, or just ignore anything that happened in the previous movies. That's what a reboot really is, it either takes place after the original movies with little to no reference of the previous films, or start all over.
    Are you kidding me.. Spider-man was done with the whole story? Lol they showed us 5 villains and a not so deep going story.. i loved the action in spider-man cartoons, awesome stuff.. there is still so much to do with that franchise, and the same for TF IMO.
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingheart View Post
    Are you kidding me.. Spider-man was done with the whole story? Lol they showed us 5 villains and a not so deep going story.. i loved the action in spider-man cartoons, awesome stuff.. there is still so much to do with that franchise, and the same for TF IMO.
    Yeah, I was confused when they said that, but I also could see why they said it in the first place. Apparently in the fourth movie they were gonna have Vulture as the main villain, Spider-Man killing him with his bare hands (which he never does), and Mary Jane leaving town for no reason. Also Vulture was going to be Black Cat's dad, and Black Cat was going to be renamed to "The Vulturess"....yeah, I am not shitting with you on this, they basically ran out of ideas after 3. I have a couple of those articles saved on my blog site. Also, I could see where they could go from TF3, but without any of the actors returning except for the voice actors, it seems pointless to continue off from there. Especially since everything was in total destruction by the end. It would be weird seeing the next movie taking place a few months after acting like nothing happened, and the destruction didn't have any effect lol

on to the next thread...:lame

Banned

It's should be a reboot of a reboot of a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post
    Reboot of a reboot of another reboot, wait, eh, what movie series is this again? I lost track. lol

Anyways, I think it would be interesting to see the backstory in the Transformers movies on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBargas View Post
    Well where else can they go from TF3? All the villains got killed off,
    Well, not all of them. There are still plenty left. : rol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Decepticons

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post

For all we know, all of them could've been in the films already. There were a lot of the Decepticons that never had their names mention in the movies. Remember in Transformers 2 there were a lot of those Decepticons in the desert? We could possibly have Unicron if Bay can make it work.

With a prequel, it would back up the trilogy.

We can see what The Fallen was doing before ROTF and the deal between Megatron and Sentinel Prime all on Cybertron.

To be honest I can't think of anything more boring than a prequel! Especially if a large part of it has to be set on Cybertron!

I think it's time to move on from Megatron, and Co, I mean there's literally a few thousand Decepticons to choose from as a new threat and the movies have shown they're not scared to pick obscure characters and throw them in the spotlight!

Quote Originally Posted by Albershide View Post

Quote Originally Posted by fu2kimus_prime View Post
    I think it's time to move on from Megatron, and Co, I mean there's literally a few thousand Decepticons to choose from as a new threat and the movies have shown they're not scared to pick obscure characters and throw them in the spotlight!
    its true that there plenty of decepticons for pick for TF4, but i myself cant accept tf4 beign without Megs, Starscream and Soundwave

there are only 4 ways i can accept their absense
    1. story takes places WAY BEFORE they even existed
    2. if they never, EVER existed in that continuty to begin with
    3. They can be absent, but as long they are alive offscreen
    4. They should had been dead BEFORE that certain continuty began, thus they should had been dead before the prequel comics and/or film were released (then again i would not cared as i didnt knew anything of tf back then in 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by eagc7 View Post
    its true that there plenty of decepticons for pick for TF4, but i myself cant accept tf4 beign without Megs, Starscream and Soundwave

4. They should had been dead BEFORE that certain continuty began, thus they should had been dead before the prequel comics and/or film were released (then again i would not cared as i didnt knew anything of tf back then in 2007)
    I don't really have anything against the characters. It will feel very different that's for sure! However how would you bring these guys back without making them look like saps again? They've lost 3 big battles, how do you makes them a threat again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Majestic View Post

I don't really have anything against the characters. It will feel very different that's for sure! However how would you bring these guys back without making them look like saps again? They've lost 3 big battles, how do you makes them a threat again?
    Many villians have lost many but many big battles and yet they are still a threat. even those 3 may had lost tons of great battles back in cybertron and yet they are big threats to the autobot team

you dont. if they returned, they would remain saps because everyone knows that they would just die in the end for their second, or in megatrons case, third time. everyone complains how the stories arent the series strong point, and resurection would just make that statement as true as it possibly could be. i can just imagine the reviews now... they would tear bay apart for doing something like that (not like they dont already).
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Quote Originally Posted by almostthethird15 View Post
    you dont. if they returned, they would remain saps because everyone knows that they would just die in the end for their second, or in megatrons case, third time. everyone complains how the stories arent the series strong point, and resurection would just make that statement as true as it possibly could be. i can just imagine the reviews now... they would tear bay apart for doing something like that (not like they dont already).
    Yep I agree. Which is why I put the question out there! Fans are asking for these guys back without coming up with any reasons for bringing them back other than "because I can't accept TF without them!".

Transformers as a franchise I feel has gone above and beyond what other movie series' have done in keeping the villians around. I mean I was suprised they didn't go the Spider-Man route of killing Megatron off for good in the first and having a new big bad for the sequels. But they did a good job of keeping him involved! I feel DOTM was a fitting end for him though, he was weak, he'd had enough, he kicked Sentinels ass, then Prime put him out of his misery. You can't stretch it beyond that for the general audience.

Banned

If they decide to make a prequel, why don't they base it on the Robots wars on Cybertron. Have a story based on the original primes fighting the Decepticons on Cybertron and then sending the ship to Earth or several primes coming to earth and hiding the matrix or. They should include old Autobots and Decepticons during the movie and introduce the current Autobot line up (Prime, Bee, Jazz etc)

a prequel on cybertron wont happen. the price to make an entirely cg film would be incredibly huge. the films take a whopping amount of money to make to begin with. one of the the reasons why the bots cant get enough screen time to begin with is money issues. realistically, its not going to happen, or for a very long time at least.
    "You're nothing . . . . . . But Sentinel's Bitch!"

Quote Originally Posted by eagc7 View Post

Megatron could come back as Galvatron. We still have some epic cons like Sixshot to work with. I personally think Jhiaxus would make for an awesome key villain if he's written right.

I don't think we need a history lesson (prequel) and I don't think we need to make reviving characters a trend. I'm sure it'll be a great movie even without Megs, Screamer, and Soundwave.

Transformers 4 should not be a prequel!

My idea is, Patrick Dempsey's character could easily not of been killed, so in revenge he could use his technology gained from working with the Decepticons for so long, to initiate the Headmaster series?

first , i want to apologize in advance for my bad english

so here is my idea:

what if some of the remaining decepticons have figured out, that the space bridge they were using could be altered into a time bridge. from there they could go back and alter the things from the last movies. so this way they could bring old characters back, while introducing a whole new cast and another story perspective...

i hope everyone understood what i was trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by diaboli666 View Post
    first , i want to apologize in advance for my bad english

so here is my idea:

what if some of the remaining decepticons have figured out, that the space bridge they were using could be altered into a time bridge. from there they could go back and alter the things from the last movies. so this way they could bring old characters back, while introducing a whole new cast and another story perspective...

i hope everyone understood what i was trying to say
    Please please please no fracking time travel! Only way to make that work is if Doctor Who joined the movies to tell us time is wibbly-wobbly
    "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Just saw an old video of IGN daily from April saying "it's official, TF4 is coming with a brand new cast"... i have to say it's makin me a bit sad to think that i will never see Shia or Rosie or any other cast member again.. i know IGN knows as much as us but the thought of it you know..
    I wake up with the song "all that you are- goo goo dolls" every morning since i have my new Sony speaker and i start to recreate those scenes back in my head and they are so nice you know.. I'll really miss the love in the relationship between Shia and Rosie cause i think now that that relationship looked stronger, warmer and better then with Megan and i just wanna see that grow and see what can happen between those two what kind of struggles they have to overcome within their relationship and how they fix certain problems and stuff, argues, fights but also that Sam might be asked to help the bots once again.. maybe i'm just a big softy and a sucker for romance now that i'm listening to the TF3 album.. but it still sucks...
    When i Transform i release rockets with nanobot-viruses that destroys you from within... the fuel inside you will turn into acid, metal will melt instantly...
    I'm a decepticon and my name is _____ All Hail Megatron!